June 2021 Moms
Options

MILESTONE - Welcome to 2nd Tri :)

What did you love about 1st Tri?

What are you happy to leave in the 1st Tri?

What are you most looking forward to in the 2nd Tri? 

Re: MILESTONE - Welcome to 2nd Tri :)

• Options
    edited December 2020
    Thanks, @mindyb2019. Great thread ;)

Im just happy to make it this far. I like the fact that at least one baby is still alive and I might get to be a mom someday. I liked not having super severe symptoms. Compared to what other people post, my nausea and vomiting are generally "mild." 
    (I'm still throwing up, but hopefully that will subside soon. I'm almost 14 weeks.)

Happy to be done w extreme fatigue. Looking forward to developing a bump and taking pics!
  • Options
    What did you love about 1st Tri?  Nothing. 

What are you happy to leave in the 1st Tri? Oh god. The sickness. The bloat. The emotions of processing pregnancy. The hiding it. Bye tri1! 

What are you most looking forward to in the 2nd Tri? More energy! 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    What did you love about 1st Tri? 1st tri is the worst lol but if we had to give an answer, I would say the new excitement at getting the BFP and sharing the news with your SO.  

What are you happy to leave in the 1st Tri? The constant worries and having to hide symptoms 

What are you most looking forward to in the 2nd Tri? Buying and prepping for the baby! I was holding off on making any purchases until now  :p  

Also very excited to go through the next phase with this awesome group!
  • Options
    What did you love about 1st Tri?  Finding out I'm pregnant! And sharing the news with those closest to us!

What are you happy to leave in the 1st Tri? The nausea/throwing up was (and still is) THE WORST. I really didn't enjoy anything about the 1st tri aside from knowing that I am pregnant.

What are you most looking forward to in the 2nd Tri? Fingers crossed for more energy and less nausea! (Haven't gotten there yet but I'm hopeful)

Me: 32 years old
    DH: 33 years old
    Married in May 16, 2015
         TTC #1 (on and off) since September 2015
    DS1 Due 6.7.2021
  • Options
    It was fun to have a secret with DH. Fun to tell our close family.

Nausea and exhaustion. 

Energy! Also growing a bump rather than just looking fat. 
    ~~Signature~~
    Me: 36, DH: 38, Together since: 2006, Married: 9/2011 
    **TW Living Child**

BFP 9/19/20 - EDD - 6/1/21

BFP 2/2014 - DS - 10/2014

• Options
    Actually being pregnant! Feeling little twinges was scary at times but it's now a welcome reminder that babe is still there and growing!
    Fatigue! I'm still super fatigued and I'm hoping in the next couple of weeks it lets up. Come on second tri!
    More monitoring appointments and making sure this LO is okay. My second tri with my last pregnancy was terrifying (very long story) and I'm just hoping that this time around I'll actually get to enjoy it!
    TTC History- *TW* LC
    Me: 24 Dh: 46
    Married: 10.2018
    DS #1: 06.2014
    Hyperemesis Gravidarum (HG), Emergency C-Section
    MC: 03.2017- 5 Weeks
    Rainbow DS #2: 07.2018
    HG, 19w Fetal Surgery, 24w PPROM, 33w Placental Abruption, Partial Uterine Rupture, Emergency C-Section
    NICU, Chronic Kidney Disease
    TTC #3: Medically Cleared 12.5.2019, had a bunch of problems and wonky cycles
    BFP 10.13.2020 EDD: 6.26.2021

October 2020 TTGP Signature Challenge: Pets in Costumes

• Options
    What did you love about 1st Tri? Keeping secrets. Oh wait, I still am. 

What are you happy to leave in the 1st Tri? Afternoon sickness, although I had some yesterday so I am not out of the clear yet. 

What are you most looking forward to in the 2nd Tri?  Not being sick. Finding out the sex at the anatomy scan. Hoping it is an uneventful trimester. 
  • Options
    What did you love about 1st Tri? Being pregnant :) 

What are you happy to leave in the 1st Tri? The nausea, crazy exhaustion, and progesterone supplements! 

What are you most looking forward to in the 2nd Tri? Getting a little energy back and enjoying winter break, starting to get a baby bump, feeling some kicks! 
  • Options
    @halfanewt yes!! The kicks! I want to add that to mine too. That is the BEST part of pregnancy. Immediately after I gave birth both times, even though I had my baby in my arms I felt almost empty inside. I actually struggled a little with it! 
  • Options
    @halfnewt and @kristah2 Yes! The kicks are the best. I feel like I might has felt some this morning, but then I wonder was is just a muscle twitch or digestion because it is so early. 

~~Signature~~
    Me: 36, DH: 38, Together since: 2006, Married: 9/2011 
    **TW Living Child**

BFP 9/19/20 - EDD - 6/1/21

BFP 2/2014 - DS - 10/2014

• Options
    @kristah2 same! And then I had phantom kicks for a good 6 months after birth. It was crazy! 

@DoubleUp8 I think I’ve maybe felt some flutters in the last week or so, too, but it’s also a good month earlier than I could feel them last time, so I’m also wondering about muscle twitches
  • Options
    Awe I love that you all feel the kicks so early. I didn't feel then until 24/26 weeks first pregnancy. But consistently felt them after 30 weeks. Anterior placenta and a tilted uterus will do that!! :) 
  • Options
    What did you love about 1st Tri? Finding out I was pregnant and sharing it with friends and family. Also, I felt so supported that my mom came to stay with us for 3 weeks. 

What are you happy to leave in the 1st Tri? The nausea and hopefully soon the exhaustion, I’m typing this while drinking a cup of decaf/caffeinated coffee in the hopes it will help me mom this afternoon. 

What are you most looking forward to in the 2nd Tri? More energy, a little bump, and starting to plan the nursery. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    - Almost nothing, lol. The excitement of finding out I was pregnant I guess. Also, finding out so early that we we’re having a girl (we did NIPT this time, with both of our boys we found out in the 2nd tri at the anatomy scan)

- Sickness, hopefully. It’s still lingering quite a bit though. Also all of the early pregnancy bloat. I’ve got a cute bump now and you can definitely tell I’m pregnant.

- Hopefully having more energy. Also excited to buy a whole new baby wardrobe and plan the nursery.
  • Options
    What did you love about 1st Tri? I’m not sure I was super excited about anything in the first trimester.  The first ultrasound and the first time I heard the heartbeat on my doppler!  

What are you happy to leave in the 1st Tri? Nausea!! Also the weird bloat that looked like bump that made everyone question if I just gained the Covid-19 lbs or got a quarantine baby lol

What are you most looking forward to in the 2nd Tri? Not hiding my bump any more and getting to feel kicks!  I’ve wondered if somethings I feel are flutters or still just hardcore gas lol 
  • Options
    Technically not out of first tri til Sunday. But it’s fine. 

What did you love about 1st Tri? Announcing. Seeing the first US to confirm it wasn’t my imagination. Otherwise not much else. 

What are you happy to leave in the 1st Tri? The bloat, all day nausea - it’s better but still moment by moment, high risk of miscarriage

What are you most looking forward to in the 2nd Tri? Kicks. Cute baby bump before the back pain & heartburn haha. Sex reveal and being more purposeful on the name discussion. 
  • Options
    What did you love about 1st Tri? It being over

What are you happy to leave in the 1st Tri? The fatigue, nausea, and secret of being pregnant. (Also, not pregnancy related but job searching)

What are you most looking forward to in the 2nd Tri? Telling everyone and baby kicks.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    What did you love about 1st Tri? The happiness H had when I told him we were KU, and gender reveal when he found out he got his wish for a boy (for the record he always gets his wish lol). 

What are you happy to leave in the 1st Tri? The nausea and fatigue. I am assuming it is going to stick with me like it did for DD, but I feel like I can function normal most days now. And the PGAL brain/worry. 

What are you most looking forward to in the 2nd Tri?  Like most of you have said, the kicks and watching DD and H begin to interact with him. Also it will be my longest trimester since we will deliver early, so I hope I get a lot done around the house in preparation! 
  • Options
    What did you love about 1st Tri? Being shocked and finding out I was pregnant again and telling DH. Hearing the HB for the first time and hearing the NIPT is ok. 

What are you happy to leave in the 1st Tri? The headaches, extreme fatigue and just feeling like im hungover all the time lol 

What are you most looking forward to in the 2nd Tri? Im looking forward to having my belly grow and getting a bump and feeling the baby kick and move. Also, being able to finally tell family and friends as I have never gotten to before in my last 2 pregnancies. Shopping and buying things for the baby and nursery.  

• Options

NOTHING lol 

The nausea, vomiting, exhaustion.....however, I’m still dealing with it 

Energy and feeling more human 
  • Options
    So happy to finally be here!!

What did you love about 1st Tri? Nothing! Except maybe the surprise of finding out I was pregnant. 

What are you happy to leave in the 1st Tri? Hoping the nausea/vomiting ease a little, and really looking forward to more energy! 

What are you most looking forward to in the 2nd Tri? I can't wait for my 20 week anatomy scan so we finally know if we are having a girl or boy!
  • Options
    What did you love about 1st Tri? Finding out I was pregnant and telling our friends and family. 

What are you happy to leave in the 1st Tri? The nausea!!!! Can’t wait to be in the clear. 

What are you most looking forward to in the 2nd Tri? Finding out the gender, end of morning sickness (fingers crossed!) and feeling the baby move. 
  • Options
    @akoros I so hope this works out for you. I empathize as ftm and pgal, sending lots of of good vibes for a successful 2nd tri!
  • Options
    I loved very little about the first tri, but I have loved seeing the excitement of my 3yo knowing that she's going to be a big sis.

I was hoping to leave the nausea in 1st tri but so far (2 weeks into 2nd tri) no such luck.

I'm looking forward to my bump popping! I want to feel the kicks too.