edited December 2020 in May 2021 Moms
FTM/STM/STM+:  
Team Green/Pink/Blue/Finding Out:  
Interesting Baby Fact / Baby is the size of:  
Upcoming appointments:  
How are you feeling?  
Rants/Raves:  
Questions:  
GTKY: Besides baby what are you looking forward to most in 2021?

@Liz101015 not sure if you want to post these every week, or you want me to keep doing it... I don't care either way.

Re: Week 3-4 (5/15/21-5/31/21) check-in w/o 12/28

• FTM/STM/STM+:  4tm
    Team Green/Pink/Blue/Finding Out: finding out
    Interesting Baby Fact / Baby is the size of:  mango
    Upcoming appointments:  this afternoon, routine OB
    How are you feeling? pretty good. This extended work vacation has been great. I've been fairly productive, and it's improving my mood.
    Rants/Raves: annoyed that I have to go in for a routine OB today, and they wouldn't just schedule my AS, but looking forward to hearing baby's heartbeat. I've been feeling something, but it's still too light and sporadic to be reassuring.
    Questions: NATM
    GTKY: Besides baby what are you looking forward to most in 2021? this is tough, because I really don't know what to expect from 2021. My sister moved closer to me in February 2020, and my brother got married in July 2020. So I'm hoping that I'll get to spend more time with both of them, and get to know my new SIL a little better.
  • FTM/STM/STM+:  FTM
    Team Green/Pink/Blue/Finding Out:  Blue
    Interesting Baby Fact / Baby is the size of: Manog
    Upcoming appointments:  A/S on Jan 8th
    How are you feeling?  tired and my back has been bothering me, but overall good
    Rants/Raves:  It's been a crazy week and luckily yesterday i did absolutely nothing. i have some catching up to do now though with some chores.
    Questions:  NATM
    GTKY: Besides baby what are you looking forward to most in 2021? im hoping that we get our home improvement projects/expansion done!
  • Loading the player...
  • FTM/STM/STM+: FTM with my 20 week boy in my heart 💙

Interesting Baby Fact / Baby is the size of: Banana / by now I've gained a pound of blood

Upcoming appointments:  Tomorrow - Anatomy scan / January 8 - MFM appointment / January 29 - Diabetes Test

How are you feeling?  Feeling good, excited/nervous about my A/S tomorrow. Energy level is ok, not great.

Rants/Raves: I have 3 work days left than I am off for 3 weeks! Another rave, my fiancé is finishing to paint the nursery and I'm really happy with the result! No rants.

GTKY: Besides baby what are you looking forward to most in 2021? Getting our house together a bit more. We moved in in June a few days after our loss, then I got pregnant, so there's still some to do! 
  •  FTM/STM/STM+:  FTM
    Team Green/Pink/Blue/Finding Out:  
    green
    Interesting Baby Fact / Baby is the size of:  
    baby is the size of a postcard
    Upcoming appointments:  
    anatomy scan on 1/20 and appointment with my midwife on 1/21
    How are you feeling?  
    The steroid inhaler my dr gave me to control my asthma symptoms has been working great, I haven’t had to use my rescue inhaler since starting it and no longer waking up in the middle of the night with coughing fits/wheezing/shortness of breath 
    Rants/Raves:  
    Rave-I planned my younger sister’s baby shower, which was yesterday. Unfortunately I had cancelled my plans to go home for Christmas, so I couldn’t attend in person but my older sister and mom did a great job of executing it. We did a drive by shower, and they had beautiful sunny and warm weather in PA.  My sister called me after and we both cried a little about not being able to attend each other’s showers, but she was so grateful and happy with how her COVID shower turned out and was feeling extra loved ❤️
    Questions:  
    none right now
    GTKY: Besides baby what are you looking forward to most in 2021?
     my mom and older sister are planning on visiting end of March/early April, and both my parents will come visit again after baby is born! I moved to Oregon in early Feb and this will be the first time my family is visiting (haven’t seen them since we moved). Also we have 2 alpaca that we *think* are pregnant so looking forward to alpaca babies in the fall!
  • mimsermimser member
    edited December 2020
    @nsk489 can you give more details about your sister's shower? I'm curious, and I'm giving myself another month before I decide how I would like to go about my own baby shower.
  • @mimser sure! It was a drive-by baby shower. We made it 2 hours long (I've heard of some people assigning specific times, but we didnt do that....people just came whenever during that 2 hour window). My parents live on a cul-de-sac and not a busy road, so that definitely made it easy for cars to stop by and chit-chat. We had no idea what weather would be like so we prepared for everything lol. We set up a pop-up canopy tent and put tables under the canopy--the canopy made it easy to decorate! On the tables we had treats to give people and other decorations--we did a bear theme so used stuffed bears and bear-related books as decor. For treats we did a hot cocoa bar and gave out baggies of "teddy bear trail mix" and also had cake/cupcakes. My sister parked her SUV at the bottom of the driveway with the trunk popped, so that's where all gifts were loaded when people came by. We set up chairs for my sis and her hubby to relax in with giant deck heaters so they didnt get cold. Some people just drove up, said hi and stayed in their cars---others got out and stayed a little longer to talk and see my sister (since they aren't finding out the gender, we had a bunch of pink/blue facemasks to give to people if they didnt have a mask). No baby shower games or anything like that, which my sister was relieved about lol
    Sorry that was so long! I put some pics in the spoiler (or at least I think I did...never done that before 😆)

• FTM/STM/STM+:  4TN

Team Green/Pink/Blue/Finding Out:  💝, Margot Genevieve 

Interesting Baby Fact / Baby is the size of: a mango or a “bowl of cereal” (I love the bumps random object comparisons lol... how does it know how much cereal I eat 🧐😆)

Upcoming appointments:  Chiro tomorrow, 20 week scan on weds. 

How are you feeling?  I feel ... pregnant lol. Still icky a bit with food and my appetite isn’t huge but I’m working on it. I feel like I get full very quickly. My hips and poor vagina hurt but the chiro helps! I’m overall very tired still. But I feel “okay” for the most part! 

Rants/Raves:  not really feeling the baby at this point is a huge mental mind $%*!. I’m anxious for my scan on Weds but know I’ll be relieved when I see her moving around. She was so crazy and moving a ton at my 16 week scan, it’s bizarre I can’t feel her but I have my anterior placenta to thank. I’m trying to keep it in my head it will be 24 weeks (that’s just my mental date I really have no clue lol) before I really feel her, it’s so so much later than what I am used to in past pregnancies. 

GTKY: Besides baby what are you looking forward to most in 2021? Getting settled into the new house we bought! It’s going to be so nice to finally move in together and I’m ready for the new adventure. 

@nsk489 that is so exciting! My aunt and uncle farm alpacas and llamas, and we were tossing around the idea of getting a couple alpacas when we move into our new place. I think we are leaning toward a few mini cows though because we have a very large and boisterous rhodesian ridgeback dog and with alpacas not really loving dogs, he is ALOT of dog lol. But I love alpacas, they are so fun! Can’t wait to hear if they are pregnant. My aunts just gave birth a few weeks ago! 
  • @nsk489 that’s so cute! It turned out great. I’m sorry you couldn’t be there!
  • @nsk489 thank you and good job! I'm leaning towards doing something like this... although it will still be pretty cold in March here 😬
  • FTM/STM/STM+:  FTM

Team Green/Pink/Blue/Finding Out: pink! Just told our families on Christmas :) 

Interesting Baby Fact / Baby is the size of:  sweet potato? @brynn_mamaof4 I think the same as you... Such random size comparisons... Sweet potatoes range tons in size... 

Upcoming appointments:  OB on Dec 30th then A/S on Jan 5th

How are you feeling?  Pretty good... Getting some energy back, enough to have tried some simple workouts this week. 

Rants/Raves:  rant... We told my MIL the gender of our baby and she almost immediately went and announced it on FB... Like seriously?? It's our news to share with people and she knows that we haven't told many people that I'm even pregnant as I am delaying telling my boss as long as possible.... Just so annoyed. Hubby thankfully dealt with her... 

GTKY: Besides baby what are you looking forward to most in 2021? Hopefully is covid settles down in the next month or so we will book a babymoon... Planning on doing a cozy mountain cabin get away... Hoping my sis and her fiance can join us :)  

@nsk489 I had llamas growing up .. they are a pretty entertaining pet. Alpaca babies would be so cute!
  • @nsk489 it looks lovely!  i tried to give this idea to my mom and MIL who are graciously planning, but my mom felt the turnout wouldnt be great for anyone who doesnt live nearby.  Her point i thought was valid for people like my grandmother who lives 2hrs away and would be challenging to coordinate with her.  did you feel that you had a lot of people decline?
  • @asf0613 my sis was really happy with the turnout! Most of our family lives within 30 mins of each other (I'm the oddball lol). She said only about 6 people that we invited didnt come, and they were people that live out of town so she didnt really expect them. I didnt put an RSVP on the invites, rather just listed my name & contact info and told people to contact me with any questions so we had no clue what the turnout would be like.
    I'll be having some sort of shower-by-mail or zoom shower myself, as I live across the country from all family and friends. I'll be interested to see what it will be like!
  • FTM/STM/STM+:  stm
    Team Green/Pink/Blue/Finding Out:  green
    Interesting Baby Fact / Baby is the size of:  tomato
    Upcoming appointments:  anatomy scan 1/6
    How are you feeling?  good
    Rants/Raves:  natm
    Questions:  natm
    GTKY: Besides baby what are you looking forward to most in 2021? I am a high school teacher whose school operates an advisory sytem where you travel with a small group of kids all four years, well this is my groups senior year and while it is a very odd one I am excited to see them graduate in June. 

@mrosek91 you are free to keep posting the starter, Thanks. I only took over 4+ when the orginal poster went mia. 
  • @Liz101015 It is so exciting to see YOUR group graduate. I followed a group from gr. 10-12 and last year they graduated and it was a very exciting feeling. This year I was hoping to celebrate with a very special group. They were my first group ever and I had them in (Year 1), gr.  7. My husband had them in gr. 9(a semi grad year and it was exciting to be a part of that.) But I was really looking forward to this year. I taught them my subject in gr 10&11 but I had my DS last year and we were all disappointed I couldn't finish with them this year. I was planning on dropping by a lot and helping with their grad activities, but then covid struck. I was so proud of them, graduating two weeks ago. 

Weeks + Days: 17w 2d
    FTM/STM/STM+
    :  STM
    Team Green/Pink/Blue/Finding Out:  Finding out
    Baby is the size of: a chipmunk 
    Upcoming appointments: Jan 12
    How are you feeling?  OK, had a weird response today so I might have to take it easy today. I've been dealing with weird neck pain since the weekend, after my DS fell asleep on top of me Friday night. 
    Rants/Raves:  See above
    Questions:  
    GTKY: Besides baby what are you looking forward to most in 2021
    1. My husband returning in February 
    2. The crazy birthday/birth week, all the same week as the new baby. 
    -My SIL's quinceaño party. We shall see if that will happen. Lots of work and most likely zoom style. 
    - My dad's 70th
    3. Covid to be over so I can have a metro train adventure with my kids. I miss adventures. 
  • FTM/STM/STM+:  STM
    Interesting Baby Fact / Baby is the size of: a 4 toed hedgehog 
    Upcoming appointments:  Regular OB appointment today, MFM on the 5th with an anatomy scan
    How are you feeling?  pretty good, still taking zofran most days, but mostly because I'm refusing to be miserable.  
    Rants/Raves: My OBGYN's  office called yesterday to tell me they had a covid outbreak and the office is closed until it can be properly cleaned.  So today's visit will be a telehealth visit.  I'm glad it was caught before my appointment
    Questions:  
    GTKY: Besides baby what are you looking forward to most in 2021? paying off a lot of debt, hopefully a return to normalcy and covid vaccination for all the people I care about

TTC #1 since August 2015
    BFP #1 January 28, 2016
    EDD October 3, 2016
    Felicity Joy, born September 2, 2016
    My Chart
    TTC #2 Since August 2020
    BFP #2 September 11, 2020
    EDD May 23, 2021