Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days:

FTM/STM/STM+:

Team Green/Pink/Blue/Finding Out:

Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of:

Upcoming appointments:

How are you feeling?:

Rants/Raves:

Questions:

GTKY: Who is your favorite author or what is your favorite book? (Or if that's too much pressure, have you read anything good lately?)

Pregnancy Ticker

Re: All due date check-in week of 12/21

• kadeephdkadeephd member
    edited December 2020
    Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days: 4/23, 22 + 3

FTM/STM/STM+: STM

Team Green/Pink/Blue/Finding Out: pink

Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of: guinea pig

Upcoming appointments: 1/4

How are you feeling?:  Pretty good.  The heartburn has died down and my magnesium lotion seems to be helping with both sleep and constipation (didn't realize it would help with that second thing!).  Just some pelvic pain.

Rants/Raves: We did a neighborhood cookie exchange and we have so. many. cookies.  It is awesome.

Questions: How do you dress a newborn in summer?  I'm going through the stuff we have in storage from my first to try to figure out what to pass on and what we'll need.  He was born in December so I have no experience dressing a newborn for hot weather.  I'll keep a few warmer newborn things for April/May use, but where we live gets pretty hot so I doubt we'll need much like that.  Just onesies and light swaddles? 

GTKY: Who is your favorite author or what is your favorite book? (Or if that's too much pressure, have you read anything good lately?)

Picking a favorite author/book is a lot of pressure for me which is why I added the 'read anything good lately' part.  Right now I'm reaidng the Cradle series by Will Wight.  I don't read that much fantasy but I've really been enjoying it.  I'm almost done with book 8 and book 9 isn't out yet, so I'll have to find something else to read soon.  I also recently read "This Is How It Always Is" and enjoyed that too.

Pregnancy Ticker
  • @kadeephd, DD1 was a July baby and we still used the long sleeved, long pants sleepers for bed. During the day it depended on what we were doing. If we went out, I’d put her in short sleeves/shorts or a dress - we live in the south and it gets hot hot. We always kept a light blanket with us to tuck around her lap in the car seat in case we went in a restaurant or store that had the A/C blasting!

Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days: April 22, I’m 22 weeks I think 

FTM/STM/STM+: third baby 

Team Green/Pink/Blue/Finding Out: blue!

Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of: a coconut

Upcoming appointments: sometime in January 

How are you feeling?: pretty decent this week! Still dealing with shooting nerve pain in my leg. If it wasn’t for that I might forget I’m pregnant haha.

Rants/Raves: Rave! I was telling DH the other day how much better I feel mentally/emotionally this pregnancy than I did with the girls. I definitely ignored some post partum depression after DD1, and then things compounded with our loss and by the time I was pregnant with DD2 I just was a mess. We also were very unhappy with where we lived then and we were miserable with DH’s job. Since then, we moved back home near family, DH has a great job with awesome coworkers, and I found treatment for ppd when we moved here. I’m hopeful that things will be “easier” this time around because of those things! ❤️

Questions: none this week!

This one’s tough. I hardly ever read 🙈 I’ve been reading a book called “The Jesus I Never Knew” and that’s been great. It just takes me forever to read anything because there’s always so much noise around here haha!

• Loading the player...
  • @bblair24 I'm glad you're feeling better this pregnancy; it's amazing how all these things can take such a toll on our mental well-being.

Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days: 22 weeks

FTM/STM/STM+: FTM

Team Green/Pink/Blue/Finding Out: pink

Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of: a coconut, weighs as much as a football

Upcoming appointments: OB tomorrow, repeat anatomy scan in 2 weeks

How are you feeling?: Mostly ok, just heartburn and leg cramps, with some random flares of sciatica for fun

Rants/Raves: I made two types of cookies and chex mix yesterday, plus did some cleaning/organizing, which had me feeling very accomplished

Questions: NATM

This is one is tough, because usually I am a pretty voracious reader, but oddly I haven't read anything in awhile. During the first tri it was so hard to focus on anything for long, and I haven't picked up a book since then. You've inspired me to go to my BTR pile though!

• Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days: 5/1, 21 +2

FTM/STM/STM+: 4TM

Team Green/Pink/Blue/Finding Out: Green

Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of: a roast chicken? (I feel like this is up for interpretation as you can buy chickens in all sorts of weights)

Upcoming appointments: Jan 12

How are you feeling?: Tired. We got a new puppy a week ago that has been taking multiple potty breaks throughout the night so I’m sure this is a large contributing factor to my low energy level.  Work’s also been crazy and I’ve been absent.  Oopsies.

Rants/Raves: Rant: I didn’t take PTO this week so I have to work. Rave: everyone else took PTO this week so I can work uninterrupted!  😃

Questions: None

GTKY: Who is your favorite author or what is your favorite book? (Or if that's too much pressure, have you read anything good lately?) My favorite book is Le Petit Prince. I don’t really have a favorite author. I am not a big reader - I don’t have enough free time for that (or I don’t prioritize that over other things), if I am going to “read”, I will listen to an audiobook so I can multitask as I read. 

@kadeephd we always just did a onesie or light jammies with a light swaddle

@bblair24 glad you’re in a better place this time!  It makes all the difference. I felt so much different between with my girls and my boy. I was in the same situation being away from family the first time, and closer the second time, and it was soooo much better. 

@bbrahmbhatt I hope your heartburn, leg cramps and sciatica ease up soon!

• edited December 2020
    Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days: April 16, 23w4
    3d (Most likely an April 9 eviction date) 

FTM/STM/STM+: 4TM (and LAST!) 

Team Green/Pink/Blue/Finding Out: PINK!!! 

Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of: Can of WD40? 

Upcoming appointments: Dec 30, 24w OB

How are you feeling?:  Tired and rundown with 2 small kids. 

Rants/Raves: I was at Target yesterday and pleased to see bright colors for girls clothing again. I was worried at all the muted and dull clothes. 

Questions: Meh EDIT - OH!! I do have a question. Has anyone thought about Post Baby B/C? I'm trying to decide between an IUD and getting my tubes tied. I'm worried about PTLS, which my mom suffered from. But, I'll be 44 to her 35, and menopause is much closer for me. 

That's such a hard question for me!!! 
    Middle-earth is my favorite world, but Tolkien is a HARD READ. 
    Nora Roberts is my favorite AUTHOR, with her Chesapeake Bay Saga being my fave. 
    I haven't ready anything in a while, because I crash before I get more than a few pages, and before that (and again) pregnancy carpal tunnel was an issue. But, Atlas Shrugged was pretty good. 
    My favorite book is probably Frank Herbert's DUNE or Robert Jordan's Eye of the World. Both of those so enthralled me, I didn't want them to end and I couldn't wait to escape back into them. 

• @BuckeyeNut05 congratulations on the puppy!!! If you feel like it, will you please share pictures?!

@kadeephd we just used onesies and light jammies, or just a diaper if it was really hot. Rompers were my favorite thing ever!

@bblair24 I'm so glad you're feeling better this time around! I also had a shitty time with the first kid, and was away from family, so I'm hoping this time will be better too.

Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days: April 29 / 21+4

Team Green/Pink/Blue/Finding Out: Team Green

Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of: I have no idea!

Upcoming appointments: 1/4

How are you feeling?: Pretty good, except for heartburn and nausea.

Rants/Raves: I'm over my job right now. I'm not the type to pull the "I'm Pregnant, Treat Me Special" card, but scheduling me six days in a row? No thanks. I get that it's Christmas but come on. Every time I work I end up getting really sick because I can't drink enough water or eat enough food. And my customer service skills have completely gone down the toilet because I'm grumpy as hell. Thank God it's over soon!

Questions:

GTKY: Who is your favorite author or what is your favorite book? My favorite author is Fyodor Dostoevsky, followed closely by Stephen King, and my favorite book will always be Crime and Punishment!

• @aisukurimsarang I was thinking about maybe trying the thing that they implant into your arm?  I haven’t been on BC since 2010 (😬) so I’m sure a lot has changed. I don’t want to have to take a pill, and I don’t want a ton of hormones pumped into my body. I want my husband to just get snipped. 

@riff323 I’m sorry you got scheduled so many days. I am grouchy, too, and would want nothing to do with people outside of my family. Here is the puppy.  She’s so, so cute, but so, so naughty at this stage. And our big dog is not a fan, so I have to keep them separate until she learns to mind her manners.

• @BuckeyeNut05 oooh gosh, what a sweet puppy! I want to squish her!  <3

@aisukurimsarang our post baby B/C will be abstinence and then DH getting snipped.  :D I've tried hormonal birth control, both in pill form and IUD, and my body just did not handle them well. I've given up on that and don't want to put myself through it again (and I'm sure DH doesn't want me to either because I was miserable) so it'll be on him this time. If I had to do an IUD again I'd be more tempted to do the non-hormonal one. 
  • @BuckeyeNut05, what @bblair24 said about hormonal B/C. I do NOT tolerate progesterone well, and the arm implant is progesterone based. I'm looking at a copper IUD, so no Hormones.

SO offered to get snipped but here's the deal on that... I'm done with kids. Period. This is my 5th pregnancy and 4th baby and I'm just too darn old to keep doing this. However, if something happens to us, or I die, he may meet someone younger who still can and wants to have kids. I don't want to take that possibility away from him. 

So that leaves us with Copper IUD or tying my tubes. 
  • Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days: 22 + 5 / April 21

Team Green/Pink/Blue/Finding Out: Found out :) 

Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of: A hedgehog?? 

Upcoming appointments: Check up on Wednesday the 23rd

How are you feeling?: Generally pretty good - having some pelvic girdle pain again when walking longer distances which is frustrating, but otherwise just general aches b/c preggo. 

Rants/Raves: Rant - still not feeling baby move as consistently as I would like which is freaking me out. I know it's early but I am really struggling mentally with not knowing how baby is doing all the time. I know this is only going to get worse once baby is actually here, but YEESH who knew. 

Rave - I made excellent gingerbread cookies and lemon cranberry bars yesterday!

Questions: None that I haven't asked 100 times before lol. Is everyone hanging in there with the holidays approaching? 

This is so so hard - I'm a huge Harry Potter fan, but not so much a JKR fan anymore unfortunately. Recently read the Vanishing Half which I would HIGHLY recommend - it was a great read and I tore through it. I'm doing a book exchange with a friend for the holidays and am hoping to get my hands on a copy of Ready Player 2 since I loved the first one so much! 

@riff323 That is so hard. It sounds like you're working like crazy! I'm able to work from home luckily but sometimes feel a similar desire for people to treat me differently because of the pregnancy (I've honestly used it to my advantage really wherever I can - am I a horrible person?? lol). Hang in there and I hope you get a break around the Holidays!

@aisukurimsarang I think I'll probably get the Mirena IUD or maybe a copper this time but IDK. I hate the pill and the emotional roller coaster it puts me through, but I also don't know when/if we'll want to have another baby and the pill is so much more flexible on that front. Would be interested to hear other people's thoughts too!

• Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days: 22 weeks 1 day

Team Green/Pink/Blue/Finding Out: having a boy!

Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of: no clue

Upcoming appointments: This afternoon... to get my COVID-19 vaccine at my hospital! :) 

How are you feeling?: Excited, hopeful, relieved. 

Rants/Raves: My Chiro had to cancel all appointments for two weeks as she's quarantined for a positive care in her household. My hips miss her already, but it's been the motivation I need to do daily yoga videos at home. They help a lot, and I'm saving the copay and exposure by staying at home.

Questions: None today!

GTKY: Who is your favorite author or what is your favorite book? (Or if that's too much pressure, have you read anything good lately?): Being Mortal was the best book I read this year, and one of the most impactful things I've ever read. But it is NOT a light read.

• Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days: My ultrasound measured baby girl ahead, so I guess we jumped ahead to 22 weeks 6 days. 

Team Green/Pink/Blue/Finding Out: Pink! We just found out we're having another girl.

Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of: Coconut

Upcoming appointments: January 8th is my next appointment. Another gestational diabetes test soon, just a second 1 hour for some reason. Hopefully I pass again!

How are you feeling?: I'm feeling better, sore and tired though! I just bought the Boppy wedge hoping that will help me sleep. It should arrive before Christmas, go figure that ships on time when all of our gifts for my daughter are delayed. 😬

Rants/Raves: So excited that we know gender finally! It's nice to chat with her by name, ha! No more calling her baby, I think my daughter has called her Greeley about a million times since we found out on Friday. I'm a little peeved at the doctor's who each told me I was wrong about EDD, then she measured exactly as I thought. Now we have to start shopping ASAP we don't own anything baby related anymore. 

GTKY: Who is your favorite author or what is your favorite book? 

I recently read The Hike by Drew Magary and oh, that book was insane! I audibly gasped on I think page 2, ha! So good though, I kind of want to read it again now that I understand what actually happened. 

• @aisukurimsarang I had a terrible experience with the copper IUD and how much it can make you bleed. But I also had a terrible experience with Mirena, and with most hormonal BC in general, so maybe my body is extra sensitive; however, when I called the have the copper IUD removed the nurse was totally on my side and said, "The doctor never warns women about what having a copper IUD will REALLY be like!"

@BuckeyeNut05 what a sweet squishy puppy!! Thank you for sharing!

@thedomesticgeek I am freaking out about everything we need to buy, because all of our stuff is gone too. I feel like I'm running out of time!
  • Thanks for the clothing advice to all who offered it. 

I'm nervous about getting an IUD after hearing from friends who have had bad experiences.  I'll probably end up back on the pill.  I don't love taking it or the side effects, but I have PCOS so it does help regulate my cycle and stop cysts from getting out of hand.

@rexnie I loved Being Mortal!
    @aisukurimsarang Dune is one of the next books on my to-read list.  I've heard good things.
    @BuckeyeNut05 What a cute puppy!!! 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • @riff323 thank you. My sister said much the same thing, and both she and a friend of mine became pregnant on it! I definitely won't do Mirena. I think Weds I'll talk to my OB about getting my tubes tied. Ultimately, that's what SO and I are leaning toward. 

@kadeephd I loved loved loved Dune, but I had seen the old Sting version, as well as the Scifi Channel miniseries when I read it. I think that helped. 
  • Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days: April 13th. 24 weeks today. 

Team Green/Pink/Blue/Finding Out: Blue 💙

Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of: a cantaloupe and as tall as a large popcorn 😅

Upcoming appointments: glucose test on 12/30

How are you feeling?: insomnia has been hitting hard and then staying asleep is impossible.

Rants/Raves: 

Questions: does anyone else’s breasts leak colostrum early? I have started leaking and being able to hand express it but I don’t know anything. Of course google just says “it’s possible”

I haven’t been reading lately but I’d love to get back into it. I have been listening to podcasts while I drive though. The Midnight Gospel podcast is great and hilarious. 

• Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days: 25 weeks 4 days

Team Green/Pink/Blue/Finding Out: pink!

Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of: no clue- I haven’t checked the app in awhile 

Upcoming appointments: jan 6, an in person one thank goodness

How are you feeling?: good! Big all of a sudden- def popped!

Rants/Raves: in a big nesting mode so rave for starting to go through baby clothes and organize things! DH has been painting DS room and the baby room and they look so much better and brighter right now!

Questions: eh none right now

GTKY: Who is your favorite author or what is your favorite book? Love love love ken follet trilogies! Also a sucker for Jodi picoult reads.

• @eahayes, I loved Pillars of Earth and At World's End. I didn't read the third one, though. They both made me want to look at all the awesome cathedrals in Europe. 
  • @aisukurimsarang I know someone who got pregnant on the copper IUD, too! I think getting your tubes tied will be just the solution you need.  :)

@kadeephd I am the only person I know who had problems with Mirena. I mean yes, a ton of people on the internet have had trouble with it, but it seems like most women rave about it. You can always try it and if you don't like it, they can remove it. 

@jaida1 I don't get enough colostrum to express, but my nipples always have dried colostrum on them while pregnant, and I know some women who could express. I think it's totally normal.
  • @riff323 I know we have so much to buy, I don't even know what to buy first. I think I'm going to start buying little things and then start with bigger essential purchases like a bassinet and crib. The amount of baby things I currently have could probably fit in a grocery bag, ha! 
  • Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days: 24+2 

Team Green/Pink/Blue/Finding Out: Pink

Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of: Cantaloupe

Upcoming appointments: OB 12/28, MFM 1/5

How are you feeling?: Good, I feel like i have days where my body and muscles feel super week, and then other days where I feel great. Heartburn, achy hips and round ligament pain are the only things I can complain about right now, so I consider that a win! 

Rants/Raves: Rave: I got 3 of the 5 closets from my to do list sorted and cleaned out this week. 5 boxes and 2 black trash bags of stuff for goodwill! 

Questions: More like a terrified/I don't know what i'm doing... we are working on potty training DD1 starting tomorrow. I bought the "Oh Crap!" book, and it's supposed to be here today, but any other tips you may have, i'm all ears! 

GTKY: Who is your favorite author or what is your favorite book? (Or if that's too much pressure, have you read anything good lately?) It's been a while since i've read anything. I liked Where the Crawdads Sing by Delia Owens

@aisukurimsarang I had a good experience with Mirena... but honestly, if I knew I was done, i'd get my tubes tied 

@anarmillay92918 I'm sure everyone is different, but if it helps at all, I got pregnant my first cycle after i got my mirena pulled, vs 3/4 cycles after stopping my birth control pills with my first! 

• @cagncoo12 we did the 3-day method with our girls! You basically say bye to diapers entirely and she says don’t do pull ups (but we did at night time anyways until they started waking up dry) and just spend the first day going potty every 20-30 minutes. We also let them have Gatorade or juice (instead of just water like usual) so they’d have to go more often. We did a sticker chart. Then after that first day you don’t have to go quite as frequently because they’ve started to know what it feels like to have to go. It worked well for ours - especially DD1, who we went all in with. DD2 was a little more slow to potty train, because she did it halfways at preschool and then we started here after that. 

I’ll say that pooping was the issue with DD1. She was terrified to poop on the toilet. She only had a couple pee accidents but would hold her poop until she couldn’t anymore. Like sitting on the toilet and would clench and keep it in, get off, and go in her underwear while washing her hands. Eventually I gave in to bribery, bought a Barbie, showed it to her, and put the box on our closet shelf. I said “when you poop in the potty you can have your Barbie.” She is stubborn and continued on holding it for a while after that, and one day she came walking down the hall with her Barbie. She informed me that she had pooped and I could go check the toilet. 😂 She has quite an independent streak and really had to decide to do it on her own.

She’s now 6 and still says every now and then “this is my pooping Barbie!” when she plays with it. 🤣 
  • cagncoo12cagncoo12 member
    edited December 2020
    Haha the pooping Barbie, that is great! After reading the book I feel like I’m loosely going to follow it... I’m most worried about daycare! I’m glad to know your girls did well and you did pull ups at night, I wasn’t loving the idea of waking DD up twice a night to pee! 
  • @cagncoo12 yeah, I don’t remember her rules for bedtime. We ignored those because we also didn’t want to be getting them up to pee! We just had them pee right at bedtime, put a pull up on, then in the morning they peed first thing and put panties back on. Eventually they started waking up dry and after a few days of that we figured they were sufficiently night trained!
  • @aisukurimsarang yes! I actually read them while traveling through Europe and it couldn't have been more perfect.
    @jaida1 not yet but there have been a couple of times I thought I was leaking- I have a feeling I'll have some before baby comes!
  • Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days: 25 weeks + 4 days

Team Green/Pink/Blue/Finding Out: Team Green

Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of: Cauliflower! Last week was cantaloupe and this week was cauliflower. I was thinking that a cantaloupe seemed bigger than a cauliflower, but then yesterday at the grocery store I saw a whole display of cauliflower and they were HUGE!! Like the size of my husband's head and it totally freaked me out, haha. 

Upcoming appointments: Have to go do the 1 hour glucose test soon, then OB appointment 1/12.

How are you feeling?: Feeling pretty good overall! It's been a very busy couple of weeks, prepping for the holidays and just all kinds of stuff going on. I started noticing this week that my tolerance for physical activity is definitely declining - walking around the grocery store exhausts me, picking up around the house for 20 minutes tires me out, my feet get swollen pretty easily, etc. But the one really great thing is that our master bathroom renovation was just completed last week and it's amazing and beautiful and I love it! Our whirlpool tub has 8 jets and I am LOVING taking baths in it :) The heated floor when I get out of the tub doesn't hurt! 

Rants/Raves: Raves - Our crib arrived this week and our nursery was painted!! YAY! Still waiting on our dresser, but it's coming together :) 

Questions:

I've really just been read pregnancy and baby books lately, but generally some books I've enjoyed in the last year or so are: City of Girls, Daisy Jones and the Six, The Dutch House and Where the Crawdads Sing. All pretty easy reads, my favorite kind :) 

• Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days: 23&4 (4/20)

FTM/STM/STM+: 4TM (and done haha)

Team Green/Pink/Blue/Finding Out: blue!

Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of: grapefruit!

Upcoming appointments: this week! Still haven’t done my glucose test but they haven’t mentioned it so who knows

How are you feeling?: Mostly okay, just kind of large. I think I’ve gained a smidge more at this point than I did with my others (I’m eating a cookie as I type this 🤦🏼‍♀️) but I think the holiday timing right after an awful first trimester didn’t help. Starting next week tho I’m determined to get back into healthier eating and move movement. I just feel way way better if I eat better and I don’t want another 17 weeks of feeling crappy.

Rants/Raves: Raves: I reallllly need to take a day and sort through all our baby stuff and see what we have and what we’re missing. I do a kids consignment sale 2x a year and the next one is coming up in Feb so that’ll be my next big chance to get stuff we’re missing. Honestly I know we don’t need a ton but I prefer to be organized so the current unknown of what’s in storage boxes (and what is currently in kid closets that needs to be moved out/consigned) is driving me bananas! 

Questions: 

I love love to read! I’m finishing book number 56 of the year right now & it’s a pretty good one (it’s called The Thousandth Floor). I definitely gravitate towards easy chick-lit reads. This year I’ve been listening my way through Harry Potter and those are definitely up there in my top favs. 

• @goldpolkadot, Harry Potter is one of my favorite reads! We were in California for a family reunion when book 4 released, and I asked my mom if she'd heard of them. My sister was 10 at the time, and my mom had book 1 on her. I devoured it, and she bought me the remaining ones l. By the time I flew home, I was giggling my way through the fourth one "I like a bit of air, round me privates."

My BFF and I read it every year, starting on Sept 1 at 945 (9 and 3/4 lol). I couldn't get into it this year, maybe because: 2020.

I have the Stephen Fry audio books, and just started adding the Jim Dale audible versions. 
  • I love Harry Potter too.  I was studying abroad in Norway when the final book was released (summer 2007 maybe?) and I went with a friend to the midnight release at a bookstore in Oslo, then stayed up all night reading it!

Pregnancy Ticker