August 2021 Moms
Options

PGAL 12/20

This is a check in for those of us who are experiencing pregnancy after a loss (miscarriage, chemical pregnancy, stillbirth, child loss, to name a few). Hopefully we can all lend support to each other through the hormone filled craziness that is pregnancy!

Just a reminder: there is a general loss trigger warning on this entire thread. 

1. How far along are you? Any milestones?  

2. How are you feeling (pregnancy symptoms)?

3. How are you feeling (anxiety wise)?

4. When is your next appointment? 

5. Rants/raves/whatever (Dear diary posts and venting are welcome and encouraged here)  

Re: PGAL 12/20

• Options

4+4 No milestones until I actually see a heartbeat 💗 

Still really good, but I'm still really early.

I am honestly feeling completely detached from this pregnancy. I am so so worried that there will be no heartbeat at my first u/s and I'm not sure how I'll cope if that's the case. I'm hoping beyond hope that this little bean is healthy and growing,  but the hope also makes it worse if the outcome isn't good. I know that past losses do not dictate future pregnancies, and I'm hoping that my chemical in September was enough loss for this one to stick, but my 2 previous MMCs have just messed with my head too much that I can't trust in anything. Sorry. That got a bit ranty...

4. When is your next appointment? Still waiting on a call with my first u/s date. Likely mid to late January. I get betas on Tuesday.

5. Rants/raves/whatever (Dear diary posts and venting are welcome and encouraged here)  

I think I ranted above...I had something I was going to ask but now I forget what it was...so I'll probably be back once I remember...

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    @pickle-chips I'm sorry you're feeling that sense of dread too:( FX we all have great first ultrasounds with perfect heartbeats 💓 
  • Options
    @Panaceia I feel you on the detached feelings.  I catch myself getting excited and I immediately talk my self down 😔 

@pickle-chips here for you stranger friend!  ❤️ 

5 weeks today- hitting a couple today.  I had my Chemical miscarriage at 5 weeks and started bleeding with my ectopic on 12/20 and found out it was a non-viable pregnancy (didn’t find out it was ectopic for another 3 weeks after that).  So just ready for the day to be over.

2. How are you feeling (pregnancy symptoms)? Slight nausea, nothing sounds good to eat, crampy and some pretty bad lower back pain.

3. How are you feeling (anxiety wise)? 7 outta 10 today.  

4. When is your next appointment? 12/29 for our first ultrasound.  Have to make sure the pregnancy is in my uterus.

5. Rants/raves/whatever (Dear diary posts and venting are welcome and encouraged here)  DH comes home today!  He left for work on Friday and I’m ready to see him. 

• Options
    PanaceiaPanaceia member
    edited December 2020
    @emily1052 Thinking of you today ❤

And I'm sure your u/s on the 29th will be perfect!
  • Options

7+4, no milestones yet

Horrid. Nausea started about a week ago and I threw up this morning out of the blue. I know these are good signs but doesn't make them any more enjoyable. 

Okay, I've been battling a lot of guilt lately, but for now I'm comfortable.

01/07 with my GP. Zero clue on any ultrasounds, OB or MFM apts.

Today is a heavy cleaning day. MH is upstairs doing dishes and cleaning the kitchen while I lie pathetically on the couch cuddling the dog. He's pretty good most of the time but definitely picks up my slack when I'm pregnant and feeling awful. So thankful for him!

@panaceia & @emily1052 I feel you on the disconnected. I'm not so much disconnected right now but last time I was very badly. But I'm definitely not connected to it at all. Hopefully that will change at the first US

@pickle-chips ❤❤❤

• Options
    Thinking of you @emily1052

i am 6+4 today. Ultrasound tomorrow at 6:30 am to see if there’s a heartbeat. Needless to say, my anxiety is high. I made it through the week pretty well (I had an ultrasound on Monday that showed the gestational sac but no heartbeat yet) but now I’m feeling so nervous for tomorrow. At least I got the first appointment of the day!

I’m still feeling tired, aversions to foods, etc, so hopefully it will all be ok. 

My rant is that my 3 year old will not sleep past 5 and I’m at a loss as to how to fix it. 
  • Options
    4w2d 
    I feel okay unless I'm hungry then I get super nauseous. 

I'm okay today. Yesterday was a different story. I had pretty intense pain in my lower right abdomen so I went to get checked. Thankfully it's just a cyst. Can't see the pregnancy yet but that was expected with being so early.

So many 😅 
    Beta #4 & #5 on Monday and Wednesday. 
    First appointment with my Dr on Monday and second ultrasound on the 26th or 28th. 
    I am also keeping my ultrasound on the 13th. 

5. Rants/raves/whatever (Dear diary posts and venting are welcome and encouraged here)  
    I have some major PTSD from my MMC. As I left for ER yesterday I had a melt down and just kept thinking about how I sat in ER for over 8 hours alone in November. 
    Thankfully yesterday I was seen IMMEDIATELY and had my ultrasound within 15 minutes of arriving. I'm so glad it was a different experience. 

I'll be back for tags 😌
  • Options
    @Panaceia I think being detached is a totally normal way to deal with the losses. It's so hard to get excited when you are waiting for the other shoe to drop. 
    I hope you can get extra ultrasounds to ease your mind. ❤️

@pickle-chips this board is such a great support. I have a couple IRL friends I can talk to but my closest friends haven't experienced loss so they don't understand the PGAL brain at all. Like every twinge, cramp, pain sends you reeling. I hope you can relax a bit after 7 weeks. 🤗

@emily1052 that first ultrasound is full of anxiety.  Fingers crossed for a happy little bean in there!! 

@doodlemom131 I had my first waves on nausea yesterday... It ramped up by 6 weeks last time. I really feel for you. Soak up the couch time! 

@lrynwnab Good luck with the ultrasound!! Are you allowed to have a support person with you at all? 

• Options
    @lrynwnab first appointments are the best!  FX for a nice strong heartbeat!! 

• Options
    @lrynwnab Sending you all positive thoughts for a great ultrasound tomorrow and a beautiful little heartbeat 💓 

@baby_yoda1986 I have PTSD from my losses as well. I can't even sit in the waiting room at my ob or the u/s offices without having full on panic attacks. And with us being in lock down now I'll get to have those melt downs alone:/ I'm so sorry you have this too. I so hope we can both get some nice looking ultrasounds soon and hopefully be able to feel better about everything ❤
  • Options
    @obsessedwithoranges I completely understand and I have no solutions or suggestions. I made the stupid mistake of peeing on a clear blue digital this morning and seeing 2-3 weeks instead of 3+ threw me into a tail spin (which rationally I know is ridiculous since I am just 5 weeks today based on O and only 4+5 based on LMP). But it did. So now, even though I was only using it to get rid of it, I ordered a bunch more because I decided to Google and read all the stories about people with MMC or MC never getting a 3+ on the digi...so yeah. If you find an anxiety calming idea that works please share!!!!
  • Options
    @Panaceia There is such a wide range of normal hCG values, don't worry about what the test says. It's totally meaningless as to how far along you are. And digital tests are literally just strips with a battery and display. If you crack then open it looks like a Wondfo test inside. So don't put any extra stock in a digital. Check out this thread too  https://www.mumsnet.com/Talk/pregnancy/1149605-Clear-Blue-Digital-Can-results-be-wrong
    Baby Birthday Ticker TickerMarried DW <3 08.2013; AI 2x; IUI 6x; IUI #7 05.2015; DD born 2.2016 o:); Reciprocal IVF FET #1 on 11.18.2020 
  • Options
    @claireloSC Thank you for this! My anxiety is through the roof. Rationally I know I'm being ridiculous and need to step away from the tests for good, but then my irrational mind says "but tests will tell you all the things that are happening in your uterus" and it just sounds so convincing 🤣
  • Options
    @avocadotoast30 I'm so sorry you're dealing with this stress too...you can see ALL of my crazy about hcg levels and tests above. And I totally understand about the ultrasound. Both of my MMCs were found at the first ultrasound so I have a lot of feels about ultrasounds. Especiallythe first one. I hope your next set of betas look great! I'll be here peeing on digital until I see a 3+...🤣
  • Options
    So my doctor called on Tuesday. A different doctor who didn't know my history did my intake appointment. My doctor didn't like that my first u/s was so late, and it turns out I can't get my NIPT done until I have an ultrasound. SOOOO she moved my ultrasound date to January 25th...DD1's birthday. I'll be 9+5 based on O. Then I have my NIPT scheduled for the 29th. It turns out the other doctor hadn't ordered betas with my blood panel (they generally don't do betas here and my betas rose beautifully with both of my MMCs so betas don't really mean much in my case...which makes it more ridiculous that I'm obsessing over hcg based tests...however...) so she had me cancel the lab appointment. So my first glimpse into what's going on in my uterus will be a literal glimpse into my uterus at my furst ultrasound.

32 more days.

Sorry for constantly stressing out all over this board. I just have no outlet for this anywhere else.
  • Options
    @Panaceia I don't think any of us will be able to breathe until we see happy babies in 9 months 🤷🏻‍♀️ 
    Let it out here for sure, that's what we are here for. 

@avocadotoast30 I hope you can find moments of calmness. This is such an anxiety inducing time ❤️

My doubling time is *slowly* dropping but still faster than 48 hrs but because it's gone from 25hrs to 40hrs I'm obviously freaking myself out. It also doesn't help that I don't have much for symptoms yet. 

• Options
    PanaceiaPanaceia member
    edited December 2020
    @baby_yoda1986 Oh no. I'm sorry you're stressed. I know at a certain point the increases slow down but I know there is no way to calm down in the early days. FX for healthy growing babies for all of us ❤

ETA 72 hours is the *normal* doubling time according to lots if googling...so 40 hours still looks good to me!