Estimated Due Date / Weeks + Days:
FTM/STM/STM+: Β 
Team Green/Pink/Blue/Finding Out: Β 
Interesting Baby Fact / Baby is the size of: Β 
Upcoming appointments: Β 
How are you feeling? Β 
Rants/Raves: Β 
Questions: Β 
GTKY: Describe your ideal relaxing day (or night). *Bonus: How can you (or a loved one) create some element of that for yourself in the next 2 weeks?

Re: πŸŽ„πŸŽ„ Weeks 1 & 2 Check-in w/o 12/21 πŸŽ„πŸŽ„

• Estimated Due Date / Weeks + Days: 5/8; 20+2
    FTM/STM/STM+:Β  STM
    Team Green/Pink/Blue/Finding Out: Β Blue
    Interesting Baby Fact / Baby is the size of: Β Axolotl
    Upcoming appointments: Β I was supposed to have my 20 week a/s at MFM this Wednesday but it's been pushed to next week due to one of their techs contracting COVID.Β 
    How are you feeling? Β Meh. Not as sick but just lots of aches and pains and I'm tired and irritable.
    Rants/Raves: Β 
    Rave: it's a short week! Not as short as I'd like since I'm working a half day Christmas Eve but I'll take it.
    Rave #2: we finally got some work done on our bathroom this weekend! It's been down to the studs for 3 years (found major water damage, had some initial demo done, had a baby 2 months later, never made it a priority to build it back since we have another full bathroom and wanted to take our time to plan but now that we're adding two more kiddos, it's time!). Just a little more demo to get done this week/weekend and then plumbing can start and then from there we can tile! I started ordering everything and it hurts a little even though this is money we had put aside for this exact reason lol.Β 
    Questions: Β Nope.
    GTKY: Describe your ideal relaxing day (or night). *Bonus: How can you (or a loved one) create some element of that for yourself in the next 2 weeks?Β A complete "me" day. Chick-fil-A breakfast, a haircut, a 90 minute massage, and a day full of no responsibilities and nobody climbing all over me.
  • ec1212ec1212 member
    edited December 2020
    Estimated Due Date / Weeks + Days: 5/14, 19+3
    FTM/STM/STM+: FTM
    Team Green/Pink/Blue/Finding Out: BLUE!
    Interesting Baby Fact / Baby is the size of: A pancake. Mmmm.
    Upcoming appointments: A/S a week from today. I wonder if it will be 3D.
    How are you feeling? Great! Working out the past few weeks has been great not just physically, but mentally having a morning routine again gives shape & purpose to my day.
    Rants/Raves: Rave for cooking a fancy seafood pasta dinner on Christmas Eve for Feast of the Seven Fishes, and cooking almost nothing (except a pie for dessert) for Christmas Day. I ordered out to support a local restaurant and so I can relax and enjoy a quiet day. Might be my last quiet Christmas ever, so gonna cuddle into it.
    Questions: None! Excited that we hired a birth doula and we have our childbirth workshop with her tonight!
    GTKY: Describe your ideal relaxing day (or night). Sunday brunch with hubby or best friends, followed by a bath and reading all day/night. Maybe pizza or a cheeseburger for dinner and some reality TV by myself before an early bedtime.
    *Bonus: How can you (or a loved one) create some element of that for yourself in the next 2 weeks? Had a great day close to this yesterday (a bath and reading all day/night). Can't wait for the vaccine to roll out so we can get back to brunch life. I miss my friends.

• Loading the player...
  • Estimated Due Date / Weeks + Days: May 1st, 21+2
    FTM/STM/STM+: Β 4th time momΒ 
    Team Green/Pink/Blue/Finding Out: Β pink
    Interesting Baby Fact / Baby is the size of: Β least weaselΒ 
    Upcoming appointments: Β regular ob on Thursday, ultrasound ECG on Jan 5
    How are you feeling? Β Spacey! Pregnancy brain is real, and in full effect.
    Rants/Raves: Β I have officially started swelling. I’ve only gained about 5 lbs.... until the other day.... I gained 5 lbs in less than a week. On the plus side, I can feel the baby move all the time now. And DH felt her kick for the first time yesterday! 😭❀️
    Questions: Β Anyone else swelling yet?
    GTKY: Describe your ideal relaxing day (or night). *Bonus: How can you (or a loved one) create some element of that for yourself in the next 2 weeks?Β 
    My house is perfectly clean, organized, and quiet. I get to go for a bike ride in the neighborhood, order food to be delivered, and read books while listening to music.Β 
    We are trying to clean while I have some time off around Christmas. But DH had surgery on Friday, so he is still recovering. And I’ve been Christmas prepping. Plus it snowed today so the kids got to go sledding and build a snowman. Trying find a balance between chores and fun is hard!

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

• @gusgus14 I feel ya! Our master bathroom has been demolished for about 3 years? Can’t even remember. But we were making progress! Got plumbing done but need to build the new closets. I really hope it’s done before the baby is born 😬.Β 

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

• @yellingbanana good to know we’re not alone! I’m pushing for it to be mostly done by end of January, latest end of February so we can knock out the nursery before the babies get here (even though they probably won’t be sleeping there until later in the summer).
  • Estimated Due Date / Weeks + Days: May 4th, 21 weeks
    FTM/STM/STM+:Β  Third
    Team Green/Pink/Blue/Finding Out: Green (But I did try to convince DH to go get a private scan to find out and tell family on Christmas, he was not down haha)Β Β 
    Interesting Baby Fact / Baby is the size of: Yesterday it was a box of dryer sheets :D Β 
    Upcoming appointments: Nothing until JanΒ 
    How are you feeling? I've been working at 6am everyday so I've been pretty tired but I have had lot's of time with family in the afternoons so that has been nice!Β 
    Rants/Raves:Β  Β 
    Questions: Β 
    GTKY: Describe your ideal relaxing day (or night). *Bonus: How can you (or a loved one) create some element of that for yourself in the next 2 weeks? Honestly any day where I don't have to wake up for something is ideal haha. I also just love getting lost in a book. DH let me read for like 5 hours straight a few weeks ago, it was amazing.Β 

• Estimated Due Date / Weeks + Days: May 11, 20 weeks
    FTM/STM/STM+: Β FTM
    Team Green/Pink/Blue/Finding Out: Β Team green
    Interesting Baby Fact / Baby is the size of: Β a bananaΒ 
    Upcoming appointments: just had a/s and will have glucose test and a growth scan on 1/18
    How are you feeling? Β Honestly feeling pretty good! I can start exercising again now that my placenta has moved out of the way, so am excited to slowly get back into that. And wow hitting the 20w anatomy scan milestone feels amazingβ€”it certainly doesn’t eliminate all concern but it feels like a new chapter in pregnancy. I’m so grateful!Β 
    Rants/Raves: Β This is probably my fourth rant about sleep but here we are! I hate the no back sleeping rule because whenever I wake up slightly on my back I panic. And even though the studies seem solid, and I will keep doing everything I can to stay on my side, it sounds like the studies are on women who sleep the whole night on their backs. My doctor said even having a small incline from a pillow will make it safe to accidentally roll over, which is a relief. But I just hate this nightly worry and discomfort.Β 
    Questions: Β For FTMs when are you starting to gather things for the nursery/allowing baby products and furniture to arrive?Β 
    GTKY: Describe your ideal relaxing day (or night). *Bonus: How can you (or a loved one) create some element of that for yourself in the next 2 weeks? With Christmas in mind, ideal day includes reading on the couch with DH in front of the tree and having some good homemade meals! I’m sure we’ll accomplish this seeing as we aren’t seeing anyone for Christmas.Β 
  • *lurking* @ccmrc143 I know it's easier said than done, but you really shouldn't worry about the back sleep thing. The reason for it is that when you're on your back the baby rests on some big veins and constricts blood-flow. In my experience,Β by the time the baby is really big enough to do that. You feel it. Right now I can still very comfortably lie on my back for extended periods. With my previous pregnancies, the later it got the less time I could lie on the back comfortably. When you lie on your back long enough, you get tingly and uncomfortable (I can't think of another way to describe it.) to the point you can't sleep through it. As long as you shift back to your side when you wake up and realize, I really wouldn't worry about what you're doing while asleep.
  • Estimated Due Date / Weeks + Days: May 8 or 20+3
    FTM/STM/STM+: STM+, baby #3
    Team Green/Pink/Blue/Finding Out: Green!Β 
    Interesting Baby Fact / Baby is the size of: Paper plane Β Β 
    Upcoming appointments: Mayo Clinic offers a Nest Program, where they send you home with a BP cuff and a Doppler then call you monthly, so I’ve been doing that. I have no idea when my next actual office visit is.Β 
    How are you feeling? Tired and have some nasty reflux. Β 
    Rants/Raves: I’m spiraling after some minor findings on my A/S last week. I need to chill and I worry less. As for a rave- I’m happy to be back on the boards after a hiatus since like week 6. Hope you’ll have me back.Β 
    Questions: Anybody ever have US findings of a small BPD? Baby’s is only 5th percentile so I have to have a follow up US the end of next month. There was also a small choroid plexus cyst which the OB said is nothing to worry about.Β 
    GTKY: Describe your ideal relaxing day (or night). *Bonus: How can you (or a loved one) create some element of that for yourself in the next 2 weeks? I love a good meal at home with a glass of wine. I’m making a prime rib for Christmas so I hope that fulfills my β€œgood meal”, although I’m sure cooking Christmas dinner will be far from relaxing

@yellingbanana no swelling yet here. But I didn’t swell with either of my other pregnancies, so fx it stays away this time too.Β 

March 2016 Moms: January Siggy Challenge "Pregnancy Problems"
  • @ccmrc143 remind me, weren’t you told that your placenta was a full prΓ©via? Or was that somebody else? 😬 that’s awesome that it has moved!Β 
  • Thank you so much for your perspective and dose of reality about back sleeping @mrosek91 ! I’m sure you’re right and at 20w I am not big enough yet for that tingly feeling anyway, thankfully!Β 

Welcome back @JessKo08 ! That Nest program sounds so cool. Is it meant for covid so you don’t have to go to the office or did they always offer that? I’m sorry you’re worrying after the a/s and hope you get some reassurance at your next scan!Β 

@ckmb_1250 Β yes that’s me! I had complete previa at 16w and the placenta moved like 5mm away from the cervix by 20w! But, now that I’ve done research and talked to my OB, I realize how unheard of it is that they even diagnosed me that early. It had like a 90% chance of moving and it moved!Β 
  • @ccmrc143 thats great! I’ve heard of them moving when they’re low but I’ve never heard of anyone’sΒ moving if it was right on top of their cervix. Glad you don’t have to worry about it anymore :)
  • @ccmrc143 the nest program has been in place for a couple of years, but not since my last child, so it’s my first time being able to use it. Β It’s really handy, especially since this is my 3rd go round, I really don’t feel the need for all the in person appointments.Β 

March 2016 Moms: January Siggy Challenge "Pregnancy Problems"