May 2021 Moms

Week 4+ (5/22 to 5/31) check in w/o 12/21

Poll: in week 3 they mentioned joining with week 4 let us know yiur thoughts.

Estimated Due Date / Weeks + Days:
FTM/STM/STM+:  
Team Green/Pink/Blue/Finding Out:  
Interesting Baby Fact / Baby is the size of:  
Upcoming appointments:  
How are you feeling?  
Rants/Raves:  
Questions:  
GTKY: Describe your ideal relaxing day (or night). *Bonus: How can you (or a loved one) create some element of that for yourself in the next 2 weeks?

Re: Week 4+ (5/22 to 5/31) check in w/o 12/21

• I'm ok with joining week 3!

Estimated Due Date / Weeks + Days: May 26 (17+5)
    FTM/STM/STM+:  FTM
    Team Green/Pink/Blue/Finding Out:  green
    Interesting Baby Fact / Baby is the size of: baby is the size of a video game controller  
    Upcoming appointments:  I just had an appointment last week, so nothing until my ultrasound on 1/20 and midwife appt on 1/21
    How are you feeling?  So emotional!! I cancelled plans to go home for Christmas because covid numbers in PA are getting insane so it's much safer to stay put in Oregon. I know it was the right thing to do but I'm still so sad about it--I haven't seen my family since Feb 1 (when we moved) and I'm just missing them so much. I'm also missing out on my little sister's drive-by baby shower (that I planned) so I am super bummed.
    Rants/Raves:  rant--my doctor sent in a prescription for me last week, to a pharmacy that I've used before. I called them 24 hrs later to see if it was ready to be picked up since I hadn't heard from them. They said they didn't have it in so they'd have to order it and it wouldnt be ready until today, and it would be $200!! I'm so irritated with this pharmacy (this is the 3rd issue I've had with them) because they didn't bother to call me to let me know--it sounded like if I hadn't called in, they wouldnt have even ordered the medication.
    Questions:  none right now
    GTKY: Describe your ideal relaxing day (or night). *Bonus: How can you (or a loved one) create some element of that for yourself in the next 2 weeks? Hmmm...probably lounging on a beach somewhere but that isnt going to happen 😂 so snuggling with my dog and not having to worry about any housework--no cooking, no cleaning, no laundry!
  • edited December 2020
    Poll: Yes, most of us have been lurking on the other weeks anyways, it gets hard when they're separated into 4 groups, although sometimes there are some interesting side conversations. 

Estimated Due Date / Weeks + Days: June 6th, 16w2d
    FTM/STM/STM+: STM
    Team Green/Pink/Blue/Finding Out:  Finding out
    Interesting Baby Fact / Baby is the size of:  Philippine Tarsier
    Upcoming appointments: Still haven't booked it. We decided to wait until January instead of December, but that will be two months between appointments. I hope everything will be ok.
    How are you feeling?  
    Rants/Raves:  From appointments. This is when I wish I had a landline. I made the decision to rely on WiFi since we're at home all day for COVID, so I haven't renewed anything since March. But now that my husband isn't around I can't borrow his phone for a call. So I keep stalling in adding minutes, but I should stop procrastinating and do that tomorrow. (And reschedule our anniversary plans for when he gets back in February) Works out, everything is in lockdown pretty much, so I wouldn't have enjoyed being in a hotel this week with all of it's amenities cancelled. 
    Questions:  NATM
    GTKY: Describe your ideal relaxing day (or night). *Bonus: How can you (or a loved one) create some element of that for yourself in the next 2 weeks? Spending the day outside in the sunshine, eating some foreign take out food and/or going crazy in the kitchen without having to wash dishes or clean up after myself. I still have the Sushi Groupon from our anniversary plans that has to be used by the end of the month, so that and convincing my SIL to do the chores for the day. A nice long nap would be great to. 
    (I think my anniversary plans would've be the bonus. Spend the day alone at a hotel, no kids/SIL, with my husband. Lounge at the pool in the sun, WATCH, not join, my husband go work out at the gym and eat new foods at the hotel restaurant. Bonus points if it was at a hotel outside of the city with forest trails or paths. Maybe I can find a Groupon there next year.) 
  • Loading the player...
  • Estimated Due Date / Weeks + Days: 18 weeks
    FTM/STM/STM+:  stm
    Team Green/Pink/Blue/Finding Out:  green
    Interesting Baby Fact / Baby is the size of: sugar glider  
    Upcoming appointments:  had televisit yesterday which went fine and have anatomy scan scheduled for the sixth
    How are you feeling?  physically feeling fine. Mentally this week is so weird feeling since we are home just the three of us instead of traveling and being with family. I know it is what is best but still hard.
    Rants/Raves:  i guess my rant is above in a eay. Rave short work week and a long rest coming up
    Questions:  NATM
    GTKY: Describe your ideal relaxing day (or night). *Bonus: How can you (or a loved one) create some element of that for yourself in the next 2 weeks? this is hard, I would love a slow start morning with a feast of breakfast food, my favorite meal. Then off on some adventure in nature, maybe a hike or water play. Ending with a fabulous dinner and a good movie or show. 
  • Poll: definitely down for this! i feel that the 4 week threads separate us so much!

Estimated Due Date / Weeks + Days: 18+2
    FTM/STM/STM+:  FTM
    Team Green/Pink/Blue/Finding Out:  Blue
    Interesting Baby Fact / Baby is the size of:  a disposable camera
    Upcoming appointments:  just had one this morning (a checkup), and next up is anatomy scan on the 8th
    How are you feeling?  pretty good, tired, but good.  and relieved after a good appointment today
    Rants/Raves:  none really to note! work is now winding down, finally, so i feel less pressure
    Questions:  note atm
    GTKY: Describe your ideal relaxing day (or night). *Bonus: How can you (or a loved one) create some element of that for yourself in the next 2 weeks? for me to be able to relax, i need to know that everything i could be accomplishing is already done.  so if i have a productive morning and catch up on housework and then take the rest of the day to relax and watch a movie cuddling with DH and the dogs, i feel at ease. i should be able to do this next week at some point so i am looking forward to that!
  • Poll: also have no problem joining with week 3 :) 

Estimated Due Date / Weeks + Days: May 31, 17w1d

FTM/STM/STM+:  FTM

Team Green/Pink/Blue/Finding Out:  Pink! Just found out yesterday actually with our NIST results

Interesting Baby Fact / Baby is the size of:  pomegranate

Upcoming appointments:  check in with my OB next week then AS Jan 5th

How are you feeling?  I think I'm finally hitting that second trimester sweet spot, so pretty good. Other than some cramping and random urges to cry, I feel pretty normal this week. 

Rants/Raves:  two good things happened this week! Got our NIST results yesterday and everything looks normal, so relieved! Second... The maternity store in our city was closing, so I got a bunch of things on sale! Flip side of that... Now there's no maternity store nearby...

Questions:  NATM

GTKY: Describe your ideal relaxing day (or night). *Bonus: How can you (or a loved one) create some element of that for yourself in the next 2 weeks?  Hmm.... Probably a nice day of hiking/ snowshoeing in the mountains with hubby and our dog followed by a cozy evening in a cabin with a fire and hot tub. With all the fresh snow were getting, I should drag the hubby out for a snowshoe over the holidays. There's a trail not too far away with frozen waterfalls that looks super pretty! 
  • Poll: in week 3 they mentioned joining with week 4 let us know yiur thoughts.  It’s fine with me. 

Estimated Due Date / Weeks + Days: 5/23 18w3d
    FTM/STM/STM+:  STM
    Team Green/Pink/Blue/Finding Out:  💙
    Interesting Baby Fact / Baby is the size of:  an Atlantic puffin 
    Upcoming appointments:  next Wednesday with my ob. They cancelled my anatomy scan because I’m having one on the 5th with my mfm. 
    How are you feeling?  Ok most of the time. I slept well Monday night, but last night back to crappy sleep. 
    Rants/Raves:  see above
    Questions:  
    GTKY: Describe your ideal relaxing day (or night). *Bonus: How can you (or a loved one) create some element of that for yourself in the next 2 weeks?  Being in a clean house and not having to plan meals. The house is almost spotless right now, I just have a few loads of laundry to finish. Maybe tonight I’ll be able to take a long uninterrupted bath. 

TTC #1 since August 2015
    BFP #1 January 28, 2016
    EDD October 3, 2016
    Felicity Joy, born September 2, 2016
    My Chart
    TTC #2 Since August 2020
    BFP #2 September 11, 2020
    EDD May 23, 2021