Rants/Raves:

Questions:

GTKY: Favorite seasonal food/treat?

Re: All due date check-in w.o 12/14

• Options
    Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days: 21w0d, April 26

FTM/STM/STM+: FTM

Team Green/Pink/Blue/Finding Out: pink

Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of: an endive, which I guess is different than a Belgian endive?

Upcoming appointments: OB next Tuesday

How are you feeling?: Overall pretty good. The feet swelling has started and I have horrible heartburn, but better than first tri!

Rants/Raves: I'm on vacation next week! 

Questions: Can I ask you ladies if you are planning to accept the vaccine? Only if you're comfortable answering, of course. 

GTKY: Favorite seasonal food/treat? Right now, just give me all the food, but I love all the cookies and peppermint pretzels/gelato. 

• Options
    @bbrahmbhatt I'll probably do whatever my SIL tells me she would do.  She is a dr and is currently nursing.  I think it's leaning towards no right now, but maybe there will be better data on the vaccine during pregnancy by the time it's available to me anyway.  

Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days: 4/23, 21+ 4

FTM/STM/STM+: STM

Team Green/Pink/Blue/Finding Out: pink

Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of: baby bok choy

Upcoming appointments: next one is 1/5

How are you feeling?: OK, just tired. I've also been feeling down but I don't think that's really a pregnancy thing.

Rants/Raves: I'm so annoyed with people not taking covid precautions seriously.  I finally know of somoene who passed away from covid this past weekend (a family member of an in-law) and it's just getting scary.  I understand that some risks are worth it, and some risks are necessary like if you have to work.  But people who refuse to wear masks?  Come on.

Questions:  Any tv recs for toddlers beyond Sesame Street?  My 2 year old will be out of daycare for the next three weeks and could use a few ideas.  I think we'll give Daniel Tiger a try becuase I've heard good things about that.  That's the extent of my toddler tv knowledge.

GTKY: Favorite seasonal food/treat?  hmm this is tough.  Right now I'd say brownies with ice cream, which isn't really a seasonal treat but it sounds so good that I think I'll go make some.

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    cagncoo12cagncoo12 member
    edited December 2020
    Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days: 23 weeks 

Team Green/Pink/Blue/Finding Out: Pink

Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of: Baby weighs as much as a soccer ball 

Upcoming appointments: MFM today, new OB on Wednesday 

How are you feeling?: SO TIRED. I feel like i'm back in my first Trimester! Had bad cramping for a couple days last week. MFM thinks i was having contractions, thankfully they stopped after I took a couple days to lay low. I also had this strange rash... MFM thinks it's weird it all happened together and told me it could be something viral. Fun stuff. Other than that, i had my worst constipation of my life a few days ago and heart burn has started at night. I'm a ball of fun. 

Rants/Raves: I guess this isn't really a rant or a rave, but I am having such a hard time keeping up on the bump this pregnancy! With DD1 I feel like it was so easy to keep up. Rave- My MFM and his whole team are awesome and seeing them makes me feel so much more comfortable with my pregnancy. 

Questions:

GTKY: Favorite seasonal food/treat? All the cookies and chocolate. I love seasonal peanut butter "cups" too. Fudge sounds pretty good right now as well. 

@bbrahmbhatt I am planning on getting the vaccine. If my pediatrician tells me they are comfortable with getting it will breastfeeding/pumping and it's offered to me, i'll do it then. If not, i'll wait. I'm not in the medical field so I assume it won't be available to me till after baby is here, so i'm not really thinking about it when pregnant. DH's family owns and all work at a dental practice, they are all planning on taking it, so we are hoping they will all get it in the coming months. 

• Options
    Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days: 21 weeks I think, and some days

FTM/STM/STM+: third baby!

Team Green/Pink/Blue/Finding Out: blue !

Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of: an endive? 

Upcoming appointments: Thursday morning for a checkup. We’re supposed to get snow/ice on Wednesday (I live in NC where we don’t handle that stuff well 😂) and I’m wondering if the office will have a delay Thursday morning. 

How are you feeling?: Like an old lady this week! I have this pain in my upper inner thigh that’s been pretty constant for the past few weeks. I don’t know if it’s technically pelvic pain? I’ve never dealt with this in my pregnancies! It hurt through my hip and back over the weekend, almost sciatic-like (which I have had before) but that feeling went away. 

Rants/Raves: I have an Etsy shop where I sell the stuffed animals I crochet and take custom orders. I keep getting messages from people asking if I can make all this stuff before Christmas. Um you realize that’s next week, right? 😂 I’m thankful for the orders I’ve gotten but it always blows my mind how people think I can just whip up three horses just like that! 

Questions: Has anyone else had one-sided pain? That thigh pain I mentioned and also RLP are all on my left side. About 95% of his kicks are on the lower left too, so I imagine that’s just where he’s hanging out. 

GTKY: Favorite seasonal food/treat? All the peppermint things! I made Oreo white chocolate peppermint cookies today and they were gooood. I ate too many of them. 

• Options
    @kadeephd our girls loved Mickey Mouse Clubhouse when they were 2! 
  • Options
    @kadeephd Cocomelon is always a hit with toddlers - it's just nursery rhymes and things like that.

@bbrahmbhatt I will not get the vaccine.

Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days: April 29 / 20+5

Team Green/Pink/Blue/Finding Out: Team Green

Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of: a banana, I think?

Upcoming appointments: January 4

How are you feeling?: Actually kind of awful! I felt really good for like a month and now the nausea seems to be coming back, which is not cool. I've thrown up in the kitchen sink a couple of times the past week or two. I feel tired, too. And the heartburn is atrocious.

Rants/Raves: I'm feeling a little overwhelmed with Christmas prep! I am working more hours than normal because - retail. I have to bake cookies and wrap presents and figure out what to buy for Christmas dinner, and then I have to deep-clean the house. And the mean part of me wants to just do the cookies by myself without DD "helping." I know kids learn by "helping" cook and bake, but they make such an awful mess and then everything takes twice as long!

Questions: Is anyone else's bump still fluctuating in size? I feel like mine was a lot bigger around Thanksgiving than it is now. Wondering if it was just bloat, or if I just have no idea what I actually look like (I have body image issues).

GTKY: Favorite seasonal food/treat? Definitely Chex Party Mix! The homemade stuff, of course!

• Options
    Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days: April 16, 22w3d

FTM/STM/STM+: 4TM

Team Green/Pink/Blue/Finding Out: Pink

Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of: PipBoy 3000

Upcoming appointments: Dec 30, 24w OB

How are you feeling?: I don't even want to talk about the Heartburn. And the munchies. The nonstop munchies. 

Rants/Raves: Just glad to be done with Distance Learning after this week. My 8yo is getting sneaky beaky like and skipping various classes, so back to school he goes next term. Oh, and yesterday was the first time I've been away from my 11mo for more than a couple of house. He was MAD at me when I got home. He wouldn't go to me. He wouldn't smile at me. Finally, I plucked him from SOs arms and he was a little snuggle monster. By bed, he was back to normal. 

Questions: 

GTKY: Favorite seasonal food/treat? Nothing. Tamales on Christmas Eve, maybe. 

@bbrahmbhatt, SO and I have talked about it. We will talk to my OB and see what she thinks, but most likely, I will NOT get it while pregnant. I plan to get it while BF, tho, and pass the immunity on that way. Also, the odds being able to get the vaccine before April, are fairly slim. When 100M doses is enough for anyone who wants it in a country of 350M...someones math is off. 

• Options
    Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days: 22 weeks

FTM/STM/STM+: 3rd time mom

Team Green/Pink/Blue/Finding Out: boy

Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of: coconut 

Upcoming appointments: 12/30

How are you feeling?: not bad, just big

Rants/Raves: I’m really disappointed with my psychiatrist and OB’s lack of guidance around meds for my anxiety. I reached out about going back on something and neither of them really helped me make a decision. My psychiatrist told me her recommendation but couldn’t do any sort of reassurance that it was safe. In fact, she made a few comments that led me back to Google and feeling like I should not be restarting. When I reached out to my OB looking for more specifics with her experience related to risk to the baby, she basically only responded to one of my questions and recommended that I should wean off in the 3rd tri. So, at 22 weeks, it really does not seem worth it to start something and then have to wean again in ~10 weeks, which is barely even enough time for the medicine to make a difference. I’m really frustrated and not looking forward to the next 18 weeks.

Questions: nothin 

GTKY: Favorite seasonal food/treat? Man normally I love all the things but I’m just not into anything right now. Some of my usual faves are gingerbread cookies, peppermint bark, those little Debbie Christmas tree cakes, candy cane/peppermint stick ice cream, the list goes on. But sweets are more or less totally out for me lately because they make me feel awful. Soooo, how bout a lovely Christmas prime rib?

@bbrahmbhatt I am not going to get it while pregnant (probably wouldn’t come my way anyway before April) but I do plan to get it ASAP after baby is born. I’m not really planning on nursing (miserable fail with both my other kids so just being realistic) so passing through milk isn’t a big concern for me

@kadeephd my son turned 2 in August and he absolutely loves PJ Masks. Paw Patrol was a big hit for my daughter around 2 also. Super Simple Songs makes some cute shorts on YouTube too. My son is really into “Carl’s Car Wash” and “Bumble Nums.” And not a popular one with the parents but both of my kids love Blippi and BabyBus - both on YouTube.

• Options
    @kadeephd I second Mickey Mouse Club... my 2 year old is obsessed. She also likes Puppy Dog Pals. Lately she has been non stop watching the two Micky Mouse Christmas "movies" on Disney + and that keeps her busy for a while. 
  • Options
    Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days: 21 w 6 d / April 21!

FTM/STM/STM+: FTM

Team Green/Pink/Blue/Finding Out: Found out but keeping it a secret!!

Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of: Baby's index finger is the size of a tic tac?

Upcoming appointments: December 23 for a checkup

How are you feeling?: Generally fine - definitely had more energy recently which is great! 

Rants/Raves: Was feeling baby pretty consistently but then today haven't felt them...so naturally I'm going crazy thinking something's wrong. I wish movements were more consistent! 

Questions: I'm working out pretty consistently (yay peloton!) but am afraid that I'm going to hard? I feel generally fine when I work out (no concerning signs that I should stop) but last night I had a great workout and now I haven't really felt baby...So of course causation/correlation are getting jumbled in my mind and I'm blaming the exercise! Any mamas out there who have experienced this? 

GTKY: Favorite seasonal food/treat?: Anything chocolate. I need to get some hot chocolate for a nightly treat!

@riff323 YES! I feel like my bump is smaller today than yesterday! So bizarre. I think normal though?

@bbrahmbhatt re: vaccine...I don't know honestly. If it were just me, I'd get it in a heartbeat. I just get worried because I believe (please correct me if I'm wrong) that pregnant women were not among the test subjects for the vaccine, which just makes me a little wary. That said, I definitely agree with what others have said that I'm certainly not a medical professional and if my doctor tells me to get it, I will definitely go with medical advice. It's such a hard situation! 

• Options
    @anarmillay92918 I am just finishing up a power zone challenge and was a little worried after one of the classes last week, mainly for cramping vs lack of movement. Since then i've been taking it easier. I usually do restorative yoga after my rides, and baby goes crazy when i'm in child's pose using a bolster. You could try doing some stretching or prenatal yoga to see if it gets baby moving. I believe they often sleep/rest when you are in movement due to the rocking motion?

Also, without fail, my girl will move if i eat ice cream or sweets and lay in bed, which in general is a great option for everyone! 
  • Options
    Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days:  21 + 3

FTM/STM/STM+:  STM

Team Green/Pink/Blue/Finding Out:  Blue

Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of:  Endive! This one always makes me LOL

Upcoming appointments:  Oye...a bit of a debacle with scheduling my anatomy scan. We drove cross country for Thanksgiving and I've been with my parents since. Was supposed to have my scan on 12/18 once back home (late at almost 22 weeks) but had to reschedule because we actually won't be home in time now.  Turns out my OB's office has instituted a mandatory 2 week quarantine if you've been out of state, so can't get me in for my scan until closer to 24.5 weeks....because DD was IUGR they want me to try and get a scan out here, but I haven't had much luck with other offices having capacity for me.  

How are you feeling?:  Between work being insanely busy and an active toddler, i totally forget that I am pregnant.  Just feeling extra squishy and heavy because i haven't worked out in weeks. 

Rants/Raves:  Rant is my current scheduling debacle for my anatomy scan, above. Rave...having extended time home with my parents and extra help with DD and not having to make dinner every night! 

Questions:  Anyone else ever have a late anatomy scan - 24/25 weeks??  They are making it seem like such a big deal and I am stressing out. 

GTKY: Favorite seasonal food/treat?  I love those powdered sugar pecan balls around Christmas time!

@anarmillay92918 I was pretty active and worked out regularly when I was pregnant with DD, and definitely scared myself a time or two for sure.  At this early on though I would try not to worry; we aren't supposed to be counting kicks regularly just yet so it's very normal for movement to be inconsistent.  The peloton is a great workout for pregnancy, but would obviously talk to your doctor if you're doing more intense movements or abdominal work. Towards the end of my pregnancy when they diagnosed me/ DD with IUGR, my doc did question the intensity of my workouts which sent me into a spiral -- but I honestly wasn't doing much more than the peloton and light weights myself and don't believe it was related.

• Options
    @emeraldisle17 @cagncoo12 Thanks! I've definitely been trying to listen to my body and if anything feels weird I slow down. I'm hoping baby is active tonight so I can feel secure that everything is ok! Maybe some chocolate is in order!
  • Options
    @anarmillay92918 I don’t blame you for being stressed, but maybe just see if a lighter workout helps you feel baby more the next day or two. Maybe you could alternate days more with lighter workouts days in between? 
    @emeraldisle17 I’m sorry, that sounds incredibly frustrating! DS1 was IUGR too and this baby also was diagnosed with it. But DS2 wasn’t, just SGA. (Apparently I just make small babies.) I really hope your little one is well and growing strong and you can get a scan in soon!!
    @riff323  yes!! I feel like some of my bump is just bloat or how much food I ate. 
    @bbrahmbhatt I’m honestly not even sure, and I don’t even know if I would be able to get one before baby is born. But if I was offered to while pregnant, I’d probably just defer to my doctor’s recommendation. 
    @kadeephd definitely vote for Daniel Tiger! It’s an older show, but my kids both love Little Einstein’s (it’s on Disney+) as well as Max and Ruby. When in doubt I’ll turn on YouTube and alternate read aloud stories like Brown Bear, Pete the Cat or Sandra Boynton Books, and then get up and move songs like freeze dance and kids Zumba. 

Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days: April 20, 22 weeks

FTM/STM/STM+: third time mom

Team Green/Pink/Blue/Finding Out: girl

Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of: a coconut

Upcoming appointments: MFM tomorrow, Dec 17 and then OB on Dec 24

How are you feeling?: anxious for tomorrow with the MFM! And heartburn is pretty much constant now which is just affecting what I feel like eating sometimes.

Rants/Raves: so I had mixed feelings about it, but our kids spent the night last night with MIL because we hadn’t seen her since September and will now not likely see her again until after baby is home and I’m willing to let people come see us. It was also DS2’s first night away from me which was tough at first. But on the flip side, I got a much needed night of uninterrupted sleep last night, and didn’t have to wake up super early for anything either. DH also made coffee before he left for work too so I got to sit in bed and drink a cup this morning which was quite pleasant.

Questions: none for now.

GTKY: Favorite seasonal food/treat? It’s a cookie called kolachi. It’s a dough made of flour butter and cream cheese and then rolled out and filled with a fruit spread (I do some apricot and some raspberry) My mom made them growing up and only at Christmas time!

• Options
    Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days: May 4th/20+2 (delivering at 37 weeks though)

FTM/STM/STM+: 4tm

Team Green/Pink/Blue/Finding Out: blue

Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of: as long as a popsicle

Upcoming appointments: not til January

How are you feeling?: I'm feeling awful!!! All of a sudden this week I've had HORRIBLE pain. Mostly in my knee but it's my whole right leg. Went to the doctor and it's sciatica. I had it mildly in other pregnancies but this is so awful I can hardly walk and am in pain all day and night. Sooo hoping it won't be like this for the next 17 weeks.

Rants/Raves: We got snow which is a rant and rave... pretty to look at and entertain the kids!! But also in general not a fan haha.

Questions: none

GTKY: Favorite seasonal food/treat? Oh tough one... chestnut praline from Starbucks, alllll the cookies

• Options
    @runsoncoffee ugh I’m sorry to hear about the sciatica! That is an awwwwful feeling 😢
  • Options
    @anarmillay92918 I work out pretty hard still. I don’t do core anymore but still do a lot of boot camps on my peloton and treadmill and HIIT style. I’m just over 22 weeks and some days I feel baby and others I just don’t. I think it is still somewhat early for consistent movement but I did buy a cheap heart rate Doppler to give me a bit more peace of mind.

@bbrahmbhatt  I will likely get the vaccine when I am breastfeeding because I breastfeed for a long time. I won’t be getting it while pregnant.

Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days: April 20, 22+2

FTM/STM/STM+: 4tm

Team Green/Pink/Blue/Finding Out: blue

Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of: he weighs about a pound! That’s all I remember.

Upcoming appointments: end of month for 24 week appt.

How are you feeling?: Good but tired. I collapse into bed every night. 

Rants/Raves: had a bit of a Christmas related meltdown. So much stress goes on moms to get it all right. My husband is wonderful and truly does so much but I wonder if something were to happen to me if there would be presents and Christmas events to attend, etc. I spend a lot of energy planning things for our family and making sure we have gifts for all the right people and teachers and household helpers and it is just exhausting!

Questions:

GTKY: Favorite seasonal food/treat? Anything with cranberries. And all the sweets!

Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    theblondebumptheblondebump member
    edited December 2020
    @bbrahmbhatt I've done a lot of reading about the vaccine, spoken with my OB's about it and talked to friends who are in the medical profession. After all of that, I've decided not to get the vaccine while pregnant or breast feeding, unless something changes. The UK issued guidelines that says pregnant and breastfeeding women should NOT get the vaccine. My OB said that they are not giving formal advice one way or the other, but that any doctors she personally knows who are also pregnant are getting the vaccine, meaning that they don't have concerns about getting it BUT they are also medical workers and have a much higher exposure risk. My husband and I are being extremely safe, we both work totally from home, and really don't see anyone outside of our immediate family. Even with family, they are being tested and we are wearing masks. Since we don't have any data on the effects of the vaccine on pregnant or breastfeeding women (or ANY long term data generally), I'm going to hold off on the vaccine, but obviously we will continue to exercise caution and follow all covid-19 safety protocols. To me, it just doesn't seem worth the risk when it's impossible for anyone to know of any potential side effects or long term effects on baby, or even on me. With all of that being said, I'd probably feel differently if my job required me to be interacting with people on a regular basis or there was some other factor where I was potentially exposed to covid-19 more often. 

As a side note, I am so totally pro-vaccines and western medicine. It's just that this particular vaccine has too little data right now. 

And for seasonal snacks, I am all about the peppermint chip milkshakes from Chik-fil-a right now - they are so good!! If you haven't had one, you should definitely give it a try!!! 
  • Options
    @theblondebump thanks for your feedback! I'm in medicine, but I do not directly work with patients, so I am at relatively lower risk for healthcare workers. DH and I have talked about it, and I think I will hold off for now. I read the ACOG statement, and while it states that the data so far indicate that this vaccine is likely as safe as the flu vaccine, there isn't enough data. They basically didn't advocate for or against getting it. I agree, I am definitely provaccines, but I don't want to risk anything happening to this little babe. We are being very careful too; I got our department to restrict the number of people in our work room to 5, and it is a fairly large room, and I wear my mask CONSTANTLY unless I am eating lunch alone. DH is a teacher and is 100% remote, so the only time we are out is when I am at work or we go for groceries, which we try to do early in the mornings when no one is there. Plus, I think pretty much all of my coworkers are getting vaccinated, so that should help protect me some as well. It's all we can do, right?

OMG there are peppermint chip milkshakes?!?!? I am so bummed that today is Sunday! Definitely dragging DH out to get one tomorrow!
  • Options
    @bbrahmbhatt yep, sounds like we are basically on the same page. I also feel like if it was a no brainer and totally safe, etc. our OB's would be overwhelmingly recommending that we get it, and mine is definitely not. They aren't saying its unsafe or not to, but they don't want to advise one way or the other. And I think that's just because even if it ends up being totally safe, no one is a fortune teller, there just isn't enough info out there to confidently KNOW for sure that it's safe. And my personal opinion is why risk it? 

And oh my goodness, that was so cruel of me to give a Chick-fil-a recommendation on a Sunday!!!!! 
  • Options
    @pelorunningmama Sorry about the Christmas meltdown.  My husband doesn't do much for Christmas either, but we've also dialed it way back as a family so I have very little to do as well.  I enjoy Christmas more now.  This year is especially easy since we aren't going to any events, so not much to coordinate there.  My son is 2 and I haven't bought him a single gift.  I also didn't buy him anything for his birthday a month ago.  He has plenty of toys already and will get more stuff from relatives than he needs.  When he gets a bit older we will probably do the "something you want, something you need, something to wear, something to read" approach.  We do secret santa gift exchanges with both sides of our families, so it's just two presents there.  Nieces and nephews get one small thing each.  It took a long time to get my family on board with this but everyone loves it now.  We aren't even really exchanging gifts between the two of us this year, though my husband is making some special ornaments to commemorate the year.  So far It's just been lots of Christmas music and movies, the tree, the cookies and other special foods, and spending time together.  I made a live wreath for the first time which was fun too!  I'm not trying to sound preachy and I understand that this approach is going to be a hard sell in some families.  The gifting can get to be so much mentally and financially though.

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @kadeephd we have a similar approach, but we have a relatively small family. My brother isn't married and doesn't have any kids and my BIL and SIL only have one. We all decided that we would just do gifts for our niece and our mothers and that is pretty much it. It was way less stressful, and seems to work for us, but I know it wouldn't work for everyone.