April 2021 Moms

FFFC 12/11

Re: FFFC 12/11

• edited December 2020
    I am so bored today, I watched Cats. I've seen the musical, it was horrible... I didn't think the movie could be any worse. I was WRONG. Dear, Sweet Flying Spaghetti Monster, why did I waste 102 minutes of my life on this travesty of a movie. 

Edit - As horrible as this was Jennifer Hudson doesn't disappoint. 
  • Loading the player...
  • @mamabee1113 DH is a high school teacher, and going through the same things you are. My question to him is, "I don't understand how these kids think it's ok not to show up or do the work, how does that happen?!" I see him putting in so much time and effort to get these kids to do what they're supposed to and the administration's answer is "What can "we" (meaning DH and his colleagues) be doing to get these kids to pass?" *eyeroll*

@bblair24 I lowered my workout expectations as well; it seems like a lifetime ago I was PRing in my Peloton classes.

@forevertired now I want Joe Joes.

As for me, I have a colleague who has somehow gotten out of doing the busiest service AND weekend call for at least 10 months. Meanwhile, I have done that service and the weekend call SIX TIMES during that time. He was finally scheduled for that service this week, and yesterday I was scheduled to be the help. I am normally a "Ok lets knock all of this out" type of person, but yesterday I just didn't. I did one larger task, and then I was like NOPE. It wasn't that busy, so I don't even feel bad about it. 

• @bblair24 @forevertired My definition of "workout" changes significantly when pregnant.

I'm keeping my son home from daycare next week so he will be out of daycare a full two weeks before we see my parents.  So he will be out of daycare three full weeks starting now.  I am kinda dreading long days with him by myself next week.  But also I was dreading work, and now I have an excuse to get minimal work done so I guess it works out.

Pregnancy Ticker
  • @bblair24 I keep forgetting to do this! Thanks for the reminder, haha.

My gripe is with "gender neutral" baby clothes being grey, grey, grey. Don't get me wrong, I like that color for myself and think genderizing colors is ridiculous in the first place. But where's the greens? Yellow? Orange?
  • @Lexibizzel I'm actually excited about gray clothes because I'm not a huge fan of green and yellow! But I hear you. Lack of choice is frustrating.
  • yep! @Lexibizzel and @riff323 - basically everything I've purchased for baby so far is grey!!
  • @bbrahmbhatt good for you! 
    @Lexibizzel @riff323 @theblondebump I hear ya! We know we’re having a girl, but I’m so tired of my mom’s comments about how we won’t be able to use any of our existing items for her because they are for boys. I didn’t realize that lions and dogs make clothing only acceptable for infants with a penis to wear and humans with a vulva have to wear cats and horses. Or that moons and stars are not okay for girls to wear but rainbows are. 
  • @theblondebump @riff323 we intentionally did mostly greys with baby (boy) #2 too - I’m not a fan of the greens and yellows!
  • @theletlers the only good thing about being forced onto team green is that people can't force their gender ideals onto my unborn child. I HATED when everyone bought everything pink for DD. It turns out that she is very much a girly-girl, but I wasn't going to force that on her from birth, you know?
  • @bbrahmbhatt its insane. I just finished updating grades because let be real, no one is turning in work these last 3 days if they haven't done any up to this point. I have small classes this semester and only 10/41 will pass. I feel ZERO guilt.

@Lexibizzel I was actually able to find a lot of greens and yellows for DS from Target and Marshalls when I was pregnant with him. But I do agree that the most widely used color is grey, and it gets old FAST.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • LexibizzelLexibizzel member
    edited December 2020
    @mamabee1113 good to know. I like an earthy vibe with baby clothes, animals, nature, colors. 

@theletlers 100%! What a waste to not use those existing items. I've got a girl and a boy, around the same size, and they definitely share clothes. I can assure you that after years of this, they are still a girl and a boy respectively.
  • @forevertired those peppermint Joe joes are so good! I have one after putting DS down every night 
  • Excuse the late reply, but I had to add this... I ordered a couple cute things that caught my eye on Cyber Monday (like a onesie with a dachshund on it that says "my best friend has paws" - so perfect since we have a dachshund at home) and one of the onesies I ordered is a football, like not a onesie with a football on it, but the whole outfit makes it look like the baby IS a football and since DH loves football, I thought that'd be cute no matter if its a boy or a girl. My mom was like, oh so you're just assuming it's a boy? And I was like no... And she was like you'd put a girl in a football outfit?!!? And was SO judgy!!! I was like ummmm, I watch football all the time and I'm a girl. My baby daughter won't ever watch football with her dad?? We'll just lock her in her room during the Super Bowl??? Sheesh!! 
  • @theblondebump isn't it amazing how people are already putting gender stereotypes on our unborn children? Even if the gender ISNT EVEN KNOWN YET. I watch football with DH and wear blue shirts and sweats, my daughter can too if thats what she likes.