Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days:

FTM/STM/STM+:

Team Green/Pink/Blue/Finding Out:

Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of:

Upcoming appointments:

How are you feeling?:

Rants/Raves:

Questions:

GTKY: What's your favorite holiday tradition?

Re: Weekly Check-In 12/13

• Options
    Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days: 7/17 - 9+2 

FTM/STM/STM+: STM

Team Green/Pink/Blue/Finding Out: Finding out

Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of: a cherry

Upcoming appointments: We have our NT scan on Jan 7, and our anatomy scan booked for Feb. 25 (seems soon already!!!!) - still waiting for the maternity clinic to call me to book me in... unsure how long this will take due to COVID, my family doctor seemed to imply there would be delays (also my family doctor moved away last week so I'm kind of in a really weird no-doctor limbo right now which is just terrible timing).

How are you feeling?: cautiously saying that I'm feeling a little better... but very cautiously.  With my last pregnancy the first few weeks were the worst and I started feeling better before the second tri so I'm hoping that trend continues.  I also got a full 9 hours of sleep last night and didn't wake to pee once...I mean that's amazing and I'm so grateful. 

Rants/Raves:  Work was quite slow for the past few weeks and all of the sudden it's CRAZY again right before the holidays... wtf?  Surely it would be nice if things slowly wound down before the holiday break (we are closed between Xmas and New Years)?

Questions:  NATM

GTKY: What's your favorite holiday tradition?  Probably going home to my parents' but alas, not able to do that this year so it's kind of a downer...trying to make it special here.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    tiggywigglestiggywiggles member
    edited December 2020
    Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days: 7/5 - 11w

FTM/STM/STM+: Fourth

Team Green/Pink/Blue/Finding Out:  we will be finding out.

Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of: golf ball

Upcoming appointments:On the 23rd for NT scan

How are you feeling?: good, still exhausted but otherwise I'm feeling good.

Rants/Raves: i finally got my hair cut.  It's been over a year and I finally scheduled it.  Chopper off like 6 inches and feel fabulous!

Questions:  none at the moment 

GTKY: What's your favorite holiday tradition?  The food is definitely my favourite.  I also enjoy driving around to see christmas displays with the kiddies and a hot chocolate.  Yummm 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @tiggywiggles ooh so envious you had your hair cut!  Our salons are all shut now in Alberta - I wish I had the forethought to squeeze a cut in before they shut yesterday.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days: 7/1  11w4d

FTM/STM/STM+: Third

Team Green/Pink/Blue/Finding Out: Team green

Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of: the length of a bobby pin 

Upcoming appointments: NT Scan on 12/22

How are you feeling?: flipping exhausted. I don't remember it this bad the last two times. Also still having some nausea and I am not sleeping well. 

Rants/Raves: I am having terrible nights sleep. Some of it I know is the stress of the holiday season but I have multiple nights a week where I lay in bed for hours in the middle of the night and can't fall asleep. Any suggestions?

Questions: see above

GTKY: What's your favorite holiday tradition? usually it's our big family gingerbread house party, my annual cookie swap I host, and breakfast with santa at the club. But none of that happened/is happening this year :(
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    @karacc18 sorry to hear about the no sleep - I find listening to an audiobook (one that I am very familiar with - I typically use Harry Potter LOLOL) puts me back to sleep right away when I wake in the night.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days: 7/5 - 11 Weeks

FTM/STM/STM+: Third

Team Green/Pink/Blue/Finding Out: Team Blue

Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of: Lime

Upcoming appointments: 23rd for NT scan

How are you feeling?: surprisingly good today

Rants/Raves: I got a bonus at work today that really surprised me. 

Questions:

GTKY: What's your favorite holiday tradition? Watching the Santa Clause While decorating the tree with my boys. 
  • Options
    @canucklehead123 I didnt realize Alberta was in lockdown now.  That's sucky.  I'm in Ontario and a huge chunk of the province is in lockdown.  Im lucky to live pretty rurally in cottage country so our numbers are super low.  Fingers crossed our numbers start improving across the country. 
  • Options

Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days: July 8th / 10w+4d

FTM/STM/STM+: STM (Do we have any FTMs in this groups? Seems like so many STM+ 😅)

Team Green/Pink/Blue/Finding Out: Team Green if I can get MH on board lol. He recently told me he wants to find out.

Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of: a LEGO figure 

Upcoming appointments: tomorrow morning (changed OB on Friday so will be first appt with her but second overall).

How are you feeling?: Grateful to be pregnant but so looking forward for the nausea to abate.

Rants/Raves: Feeling less tired today! 🙌

Questions: Has anyone done the carrier testing or planning to do so? It’s offered with the genetic testing kit (I’m AMA). I chose not to do it last pregnancy but am considering this time around.

GTKY: What's your favorite holiday tradition? Decorating the Christmas tree. We have ornaments that have been handed down, so it’s always nice to unpack them and recall past Christmases. 
  • Options
    @cjjr21 Congrats on the bonus! What a nice surprise for the holidays ☺️

• Options
    @tiggywiggles yah retail is allowed to remain open at 15% capacity, but otherwise most other things are shut down (schools and child care still open but secondary schoolers have all been online schooling since end of November and they are extending winter break)... so grateful our daycare is still open and running safely.  Glad you are in an area with low case numbers, wish I could say the same, our neighbourhood is has the highest cases in the province!!! 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days: 9+1 July 18, got bumped up 4 days at my dating scan today. 

Team Green/Pink/Blue/Finding Out: green

Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of: a blackberry 

Upcoming appointments: NT on January 7

How are you feeling?: relatively normal. I haven’t felt nauseous in a week or so. And I’m still very tired but that could just be life right now. The lack of symptoms was a bit concerning until I saw our little flickering bean today. 

Rants/Raves: I had the same US tech today as I had for a bunch of my scans with my daughter and it brought all sorts of memories flooding back. Definitely made this pregnancy feel much much more real! 
    But the rant-ish is that our hospital’s policy is to only let patients in. I get it, it makes perfect sense. But last time around my husband missed the bulk of our scans  because he was away on training for weeks 14-39 and we were really hoping he could be more present this time. 

Questions: on the same theme, what would you expect to pay for a US in a private clinic?

GTKY: What's your favorite holiday tradition? Being at my parent’s farm, playing in the snow and then coming in and sitting by the fire. Eff Covid. 
  • Options
    Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days: July 21 - 8w4d

FTM/STM/STM+: TTM

Team Green/Pink/Blue/Finding Out: Team green!

Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of: a gummibear

Upcoming appointments: intake call this Thursday, and OB appointment a week from today

How are you feeling?: Honestly, like crap. My nausea is awful, but it’s not making me puke as much. I almost wish it was because when I do puke I get a little bit of relief. I have awful post nasal drip which is triggering the nausea/gagging. Unisom/B6 helps a tiny bit for the mornings, but the afternoons and evenings are bad. Probably going to ask my OB for a prescription on my intake call this week.

Rants/Raves: I just want to go a couple
    hours with no nausea. I finished my Christmas shopping this weekend though. Now I have to wrap it alllllll.

Questions: NATM

GTKY: What's your favorite holiday tradition? Every year, we get our Christmas tree at Home Depot. Long story short, it all started on our first Christmas with DS. He was 10 months old, so we figured we wouldn’t fuss and just got a tree at Home Depot. On the way home, DS got super fussy and DH and I got super flustered. We were near the car wash we typically go to, so DH suggested that maybe it would calm DS down. So, we went through the automatic car wash, only to realize 3/4 of the way through that our Christmas tree was tied to the roof of our car🤦🏼‍♀️ Surprisingly, the tree was totally fine, but to this day we still laugh at our stupidity. 
  • Options
    @daisy528, I was the same. The nausea was so bad but not much puking, though I wish I had. If it helps, my 24/7 nausea has subsided and I'm about 3 weeks ahead of you. It started to subside around 9.5-10 weeks. 

@karacc18, I get terrible pregnancy insomnia where I can fall asleep but once I wake up, I am awake. Exercise seems to have helped. I took my DS swimming on Sunday and I slept in by accident until 7:35 AM. This hasn't happened in SO long. 

@tiggywiggles, also jealous of the hair cut! Mine was scheduled for December 27 and now everything is shut down. :( 

@canucklehead123, so exciting to have all those appointments scheduled!  

Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days: 11w 3d

Team Green/Pink/Blue/Finding Out: Green

Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of: hot wheels car

Upcoming appointments: Not until January 5!

How are you feeling?: I'm feeling better as I'm not 24/7 nauseous but still unable to eat most things and having food aversions. My boobs are SO sore. If water hits it wrong, OUCH. 

Rants/Raves: We enter a new lockdown today and I'm so frustated. They should have done this in October or November but instead they waited until 1 week before Christmas. And people are unable to follow rules ruining it for the rest of us. It's until January 19. Everything is shut except essential stores. Everything, including schools and daycares, libraries, and museums. And we live in a country with terrible weather. Sigh. 

Anyways. Work is so busy but we only have until next Wednesday to get everything done! Crazy. And next my nanny is off so we have to juggle work and toddler care. FUN. I'm so excited for Christmas, even if it doesn't feel like Christmas. 

Questions:

Matching pjs every Christmas, opening 1 present on Christmas Eve and watching Christmas movies while eating appetizers, and then Christmas morning. A massive breakfast. Watching the Santa Clause while we open presents. I just love Christmas so much! 

*Live, Love, Laugh, Learn*

• Options
    Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days: 7-24, 8w3d

FTM/STM/STM+: FTM

Team Green/Pink/Blue/Finding Out: Team green

Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of: a raspberry

Upcoming appointments: first check-up with OB 1/4

How are you feeling?: exhausted beyond measure, a little queasy at times but not too nauseous

Rants/Raves: I have a 3 day weekend coming up so I’m just trying to get through these next 2 days. 

Questions: NATM

GTKY: What's your favorite holiday tradition? I think spending time with family is my favorite part of the holidays. I’m really looking forward to starting new traditions with baby next year!
  • Options
    Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days: 7/8. 11w1d

FTM/STM/STM+: stm

Team Green/Pink/Blue/Finding Out: finding out

Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of: a lime

Upcoming appointments: nipt blood draw tomorrow. Ob appointment on 1/8

How are you feeling?: exhausted and nauseous and my boobs feel giant and my nipples are killing me

Rants/Raves: the show I’m working on closes tomorrow. It’s been a great experience but I’m so ready to be at home and isolate for a while

Questions: natm 

Presents. Matching jammies