May 2021 Moms
Options

Symptoms Thread 12/12

What are your 2nd trimester symptoms?

Re: Symptoms Thread 12/12

• Options
    I think I'm having growing pains... I have to move extra slowly out of any position or my lower belly tenses up and aches. I also feel the same if I'm sitting really upright with a slight forward incline. I called my doctor yesterday and she isn't worried about it, but it is a little uncomfortable.
  • Options
    @mimser something similar happened to me from about 14-17 weeks. It is so hard to tell what aches and pains are normal and which ones are worrisome. Lately that particular pain has died down, and now I feel like I have no real symptoms other than a little baby bump and mood swings! How I will last 8 more days before my anatomy scan, I do not know. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @mimser same here. Rolling over in bed just wrong causes pain, but it does go away after a few minutes. I remember this with DS too so I have just been trying to be mindful of my movements.

17+5 here. Tired and definitely more moddy and on edge than normal. I also feel like most food doesn't taste or sound good. Not like it makes me nauseous or anything, just doesn't seem appealing. We ordered dinner in the other night and it wasn't very good so I cried 🤣
    Me:29 DH:30
    Married:10/2012
    TTC #1: 12/2017
  • Options
    @ccmrc143 glad the pain subsided! I hope it will do the same for me, soon! I know what you mean about waiting for the Anatomy scan. As for mine, in 2 days the date will show up on the 14 day weather forecast 😅

@spartan4life I feel reassured that others have been feeling similar. I'm sorry food isn't exciting these days!
  • Options
    I've been feeling extra stuffy/congested lately, making it even more difficult to get a good night's sleep.  Starting to get heartburn now too. Pregnancy is fun
  • Options
    Nausea is continuing to fade! Back pain and SPD pain is probably my biggest gripe lately and the last few nights I've stopped sleeping through the night and I've had some very vivid, scary dreams. 
  • Options
    @mimser yes, I know those pains. I feel like they go away once the baby is big enough that your uterus doesn’t shift when you roll over. So right when you get miserably uncomfortable! Lol 

@nsk489 yes! It’s driving me nuts! Especially at night! 

@gusgus14 so glad your nausea is coming to an end! And yes, the dreams. I wake up with my heart racing and can’t sleep. Woke at 4:30 this morning. Which is no fun, it’s going to be a busy, long, day. 

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

• Options
    @yellingbanana this makes so much sense as I really feel that when I take my time (which feels like forever) to get up, it gives time to my belly to organize itself. I don't want to jinx it but I think it's already improving 🤞
  • Options
    @mimser so exciting! so jealous!  when i get two in a row i celebrate these days!
  • Options
    @mimser Me too! lol my OBGYN told me to push fluids and after 3 days of drinking 100+oz of water a day and increasing my stool softener to 2/day, I feel normal again! 

TTC #1 since August 2015
    BFP #1 January 28, 2016
    EDD October 3, 2016
    Felicity Joy, born September 2, 2016
    My Chart
    TTC #2 Since August 2020
    BFP #2 September 11, 2020
    EDD May 23, 2021

• Options
    @mkc3888 I believe the water intake increase did it for me too! I also started to eat oatmeal again last week.
  • Options
    Well, I officially have hemorrhoids. I never had them until the birth of my first dd, but with each pregnancy and baby, I get them so much easier. It’s annoying. 
    Also, my belly is getting in the way of bending over already 😑 I’m in so much trouble. 

• Options
    17 wks here, anyone getting cramping around this time? no spotting or anything so i am keeping a level head but for past two days i keep getting cramps on and off.  still a bit unnerving
  • Options
    @asf0613 yep, since about 14 weeks. It could be Braxton Hicks. When I went in for my last ultrasound at 16 weeks, and had a few BH contractions, which feel like cramping. The us tech thought it was funny. 

• Options
    +1 for congested at night.  Last night was so bad I felt like I was suffocating and ended up sleeping nearly sitting up because I was afraid I was going to have a panic attack.
    *Loss 8/2014*
    *Rainbow 8/2015*
    *Expected Rainbows 12/2018*
    *Loss of Twin 5/2018*

• Options
    @asf0613 I had been having something like that. My doctor didn't think it was contractions, it still felt uncomfortable and odd. I started moving at granny speed and added 1L of water, so I'm now close to 3L a day and all is better. Maybe a coincidence, but I would try to increase my water intake if I were you. 
  • Options
    mimsermimser member
    edited December 2020
    Anybody else's baby is visibly hanging on a specific side? It's weird and funny. I don't know if you can see it on this picture of my (hairy 🤦‍♀️) belly, but I was laying flat on my back, and there was a bump on the left! I couldn't catch it at its "worst". I thought it was a cramp or something then realized it was only hard in a specific spot and then I felt movement!

• Options
    @mimser I can't really see mine yet but my first used to push her butt out a lot so I'd just have a baby butt poking out of one side of my bump  :D
  • Options
    @mimser mine was way over in a weird spot on the right the other night, it felt really firm and eventually she moved! My last pregnancy my bump was always really lopsided because of her position 🤷🏻‍♀️
  • Options
    @mimser mine is definitely on the right, with foot kicks going to the left. I have a lopsided belly! 

• Options
    @mimser good advice! I upped my water to 2-3L past two days and def experiencing less cramping. Thanks!!!
  • Options
    @asf0613 oh great I'm glad it helped you as well!