June 2021 Moms
Options

GTKY Monday 12/14

Christmas is coming is up pretty soon ๐Ÿ˜

What are some things on your Christmas wish list this year? or that your really hoping to get?

Re: GTKY Monday 12/14

• Options
    Well I'm pretty excited about the Garmin watch I wrapped up this weekend ๐Ÿ˜† I'm hoping for a less-naseous day than Thanksgiving was.ย 
  • Options
    DH got me some new Kendra Scott earrings (his go-to, lol) for the first night of Hanukkah. I have no idea what he is getting me for Christmas (we celebrate both). I got him Cutco knives that I am also excited about using lol.ย 
    *TTC History*

Me: 37, MH: 38; Married August 2017

TTC #1 October 2017: BFP on 12/1/2017, DD born 7/24/2018 @ 37+1 after induction due to preeclampsia

TTC #2 January 2020: AMA, dx with DOR in May 2020

IVF July 2020: 16 eggs retrieved, 14 mature, 12 fertilized, 3 blasts, 2 PGT-A normal

FET 10/7/20: BFP on 10/12/20!!! (EDD 6/25/21); First beta 10/16/20 (9dpt): 148; Second beta 10/19/20 (12dpt): 621; Third beta 10/26/20 (19dpt): 4732; Fourth (and final!) beta 11/2/20 (26 dpt): 22,000+

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I would like some new slippers. Mine are getting gross and stinky. Maybe some maternity shirts.ย 
    ~~Signature~~
    Me: 36, DH: 38, Together since: 2006, Married: 9/2011ย 
    **TW Living Child**

BFP 9/19/20 - EDD - 6/1/21

BFP 2/2014 - DS - 10/2014

• Options
    I really really wanted some slippers from Bombas, but they're sold out. All my slippers are too big and literally fall off my feet while I'm walking. I can't wear them on the steps, which is difficult when you live in a 3-story townhouse.ย 

I'd also put a bunch of cocktail stuff on my list, which I wound up leaving there (stirring glass, bar spoon, and strainer). I figure I'll use it eventually. Beyond that I'm asking for gift cards to local bookstores and restaurants, trying to shop local as best I can while also keeping it easy.
  • Options
    My husband and I don't buy gifts for each other. We stopped when we were first married and broke and just never started again lol.ย 

I am really excited about the winter boots my grandparents bought me! My hunter rainboots are definitely not made for the Canadian winter lol. My toes were frozen last year playing with my LO.ย 

I can't wait for Christmas morning this year. My LO is almost 3 and I think she is going to be so much fun!
  • Options
    Man, I have so many things on my wish list this year ๐Ÿ˜† I really want a pink Samsung active 2 smart watch, some new jammies and slippers, a new warm winter coat, some gift cards for maternity clothes and one of those electronic jewelry cleaning machines for my rings etc. Oh and I asked for a squatty potty too ๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿ˜†ย 
  • Options

What are some things on your Christmas wish list this year? or that your really hoping to get?

so we usually donโ€™t do gifts other than for the kids. We fell on some hard times when I lost my job in October but luckily I was able to get a new job that I just started at so my unemployment was not very long but we still had to dig into savings. All I want for Christmas is for my family to be healthy and happy and my DH and I donโ€™t have to worry about the stress of finances for our family. ย I was unemployed for 6 weeks and it was stressful so Iโ€™m hoping the new year will bring a positive new start for my career. (I hated my old job also)ย 
  • Options
    I mentioned over the weekend that I would like to have an elliptical or treadmill to use at home.ย  I think we might end up skipping doing anymore shopping (since we've basically done none at this point!) and just make that our gift to ourselves.ย  Its mostly for me, but to be fair a couple years ago "we" got a spin bike that he really wanted instead of presents.ย  And plus the bike is starting to hurt my butt as I put on weightย  :D

I've honestly had the hardest time coming up with things this year!ย  I fell like from a practical side I should ask for pregnancy related items, but then those only have a finite use and don't seem very fun.ย 
  • Options
    I would love a peolton. Thatโ€™s what I was supposed to get for Black Friday..... before we were surprised with this little one.ย 

Hubs and I donโ€™t do gifts. Not because we canโ€™t. But because weโ€™re notoriously awful at gift giving for each other ๐Ÿ˜‚ so heโ€™s just responsible for filling my stocking.ย 

Maybe heโ€™ll give me the gift of letting me pick the baby name ๐Ÿ™ƒ
  • Options
    Iโ€™m getting some Vouri joggers. Pretty pumped.ย 
    History and blog link in spoiler
    2016 - dx with super low ovarian reserve; failed cycle with clomid, failed IUI,ย 
    2017 - egg retrieval #1 - 3 eggs, 0 embryos appropriate for transfer; ER #2 2 eggs, 0 embryos on day 3; ER #3 1 egg 0 embryos
    moved to donor egg in summer 2017; 35 eggs retrieved; 19 fertilized; 9 total embryos
    Fresh transfer Dec 2017= BFP!ย  baby boy born 8/22/18

May 2019 - surprise natural pregnancy ended in MC
    Nov 2019 FET; MC at 9 weeks
    May 2020 FET; BFN
    July 2020 FET; CP treated with methotrexate
    Oct 2020 BFP!ย 

Take a look at my blog

• Options
    All I asked for were some pjs that will fit me through 2nd and 3rd tri hahah weโ€™re keeping it easy this year with all the baby expenses that are about to comeย 
  • Options
    Depending on the year we donโ€™t typically do too much for each other. This year he sent me the link to exactly what he wanted and I ordered myself two new pair of flats for work. They were more of a necessity than a want, but Iโ€™ve been putting off buying them for months since I could make do with what I have. I guess that does make them more fun and less necessity.ย 
  • Options
    We decided not to do gifts to each other this year since weโ€™ll be going on a babymoon in January.ย 
  • Options
    @angelz429 I have the Nordictrack version of the peloton (because the lead time for a peloton was so long) and I love the Nordictrack! An exercise bike is worth the money!ย 
  • Options
    I would love a Treadmill! ย But this year I asked for an Apple Watch. ย I switched to the iPhone earlier this year and I miss my Samsung watch but it just didnโ€™t pair right with the iPhone. ย 
  • Options
    We decided not to do gifts to each other this year since weโ€™ll be going on a babymoon in January.ย 
    That's so exciting! What did you decide to do for your babymoon? Winter isn't my favourite vacation time but I would like to plan a little something for the two of us.
  • Options
    mrsrundmcmrsrundmc member
    edited December 2020
    @angelz429 I have a Peloton and I love it!

I wanted new measuring cups and cookie sheets. ย Not sure what I am getting.

I did buy myself 2 new pairs of boots๐Ÿ˜ณ and a bunch of maternity clothes
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    We are trying to keep Christmas minimal this year. All I asked for was my (ridiculously expensive) Fit Glow skin care products.ย 
    Me: 38, DH: 37
    Married: 8/10/13
    BFP- 12/18/15, D&E- 4/8/16 @ 21w5d- confirmed Thanatophoric Dysplasia
    BFP- 11/7/17, M/C- 11/18/17 @ 4w6d
    BFP- 8/25/18 ~ EDD- 5/9/19 ~ DD born 5/2/20 *Lillian Hazel*
    BFP- 10/9/20 ~ EDD- 6/21/21

• Options
    We usually do the want/need/wear/read thing, and I love shopping for DH and DS. Iโ€™m terrible at helping out DH with ideas for me, though. I did mention a pair of those slipper booties, which prompted him to say โ€œsend me a picture of your bootiesโ€ which is not what I heard ๐Ÿ˜‚ Laughed way too long about that one.ย 
  • Options
    @sugarcoateddonut weโ€™re near Disney so we decided to do a Disney hotel for a few nights. Nothing big but itโ€™ll be just us two without the three kids so we are excited for it!ย 
  • Options
    Nothing exciting that Iโ€™m wishing for other than some maternity clothes. DH already gave me my gift because he wanted to use it, a Big Blanket. He thought our expanding family could use a blanket we could actually all fit under to watch movies, as our girls are finally both enjoying our winter Friday night movie traditions.ย 

ย BabyFruit Ticker