May 2021 Moms

STM+ 12/16

How far along are you?

How many kids do you already have? Ages?

Rants/Raves:

GTKY: Hot chocolate or eggnog?

Re: STM+ 12/16

• How far along are you? 19+4

How many kids do you already have? Ages? One daughter who will somehow be 3 in about 3 weeks 

Rants/Raves: My glucose results posted but I don't officially know if I passed or failed and I just want them to freaking call me already! They posted to the portal overnight and I had to go in to do a urine culture this morning so while I was there I asked if they could talk to the nurse/doctor to see if they could tell me. The doctor hadn't looked yet so they couldn't and now it's after lunch and I'm just annoyed. Can you tell that I'm not a patient person? lol. My results are within the typical standard range but since chance of GD is higher with multiples, I'm not sure if they use a lower threshold. 

GTKY: Hot chocolate or eggnog? Hot chocolate all the way!
  • How far along are you? 20+4

How many kids do you already have? Ages?

3 kids: 14DD, 9DD, and 4DS

Rants/Raves: DH has been gone for a week, he had work at two hospitals and is quarantined until he gets a negative covid test result. Can’t wait to see him tonight or tomorrow!!! 

GTKY: Hot chocolate or eggnog? Hm. Both? Lol! I guess I’d probably choose eggnog. 

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

• Loading the player...
  • How far along are you? 18+1

How many kids do you already have? Ages? One DS who is 2

Rants/Raves: nothong really! I did have a really good Cheryl's cookie today (usually not a fan) and now I want about 100 more 🤣

GTKY: Hot chocolate or eggnog? both!! I love them both differently 😍
    Me:29 DH:30
    Married:10/2012
    TTC #1: 12/2017
  • @gusgus14 I don't think there are different ranges for multiples, so hopefully you're good to go!!

@yellingbanana yay for your hubby finally coming home!!
  • @gusgus14 that is really frustrating, I hate waiting on doctors offices!!
    @yellingbanana life these days seems unnecessarily hard, glad you'll get to see him soon.

How far along are you? 17+6

How many kids do you already have? Ages? 3 boys, 4, 3 and 1

Rants/Raves: I sound like a broken record, but I need things to calm down at work. So many jobs are behind because clients weren't getting us stuff, and now it seems like everything is overdue and piling on.

GTKY: Hot chocolate or eggnog? Hot Chocolate 1,000%
  • @spartan4life eh, apparently some clinics use a slightly lower threshold for multiples (greater than or equal to 135 instead of 140 and I'm exactly at 135). I just have to wait for them to call me which apparently won't be today since it's 5 til 5  :'(
  • @gusgus14 Interesting! I'm the director of a clinical lab and these are our pregnant ranges:
    Fasting: 60 – 95 mg/dL.
    1 Hour: 60 – 179 mg/dL.
    2 Hour: 60 – 154 mg/dL.
    3 Hour: 60 – 139 mg/dL. 

We don't differentiate for multiples so it must be based on the clinic. I always find it interesting that different places use different ranges. I know my OB uses the ranges above, but I guess I never thought about multiples.
  • How far along are you? 15w4d

How many kids do you already have? Ages? 1, 14 month DS

Rants/Raves: My husband left on Saturday for 2 months and I feel like either my DS is missing him and therefore clinging to me or my DS is in a growth spurt. He's been staying up for hours breastfeeding and I'm getting a little tired of it. Plus, (other thread) I enjoy sleeping in position F, but my DS eats while I lay on my back and its getting impossible to do this. But if I feed him seated then I have to stay awake. But I'm not very skilled with cosleep feeding, so I can't seem to get in the habit of feeding him on my side. 

GTKY: Hot chocolate or eggnog? Both, because there are some AMAZING hot chocolate recipes and eggnog is only sold for a short time in the year. I have fantastic memories from January where my Mom picked up tons of eggnog marked down after Christmas and we basically had an eggnog drinking free for all, drinking it like it was milk. So wonderful! 
    * I must add eggnog to my shopping list. (There are no pregnancy contraindications, right?) 
  • @spartan4life I feel like there are so many things that vary by clinic! My OB's office considers a "failed" 1 hr test great than or equal to 140 normally and I'm just hoping they stick with that. I didn't think to ask before hand and I only even have the thought in my mind because you have a higher risk of GD with multiples. I'll find out eventually if they ever call me  :D As of right now I'm assuming my glucose and thyroid levels are good since I haven't gotten a call yet but I'll give it another day before celebrating. I'm also wondering if they're making me wait until my urine culture comes back so they can give me all results at once but who knows.
  • @littlelibelula dang, 2 months is a long time. Make sure to do a lot of FaceTime with your little one and DH! 

@gusgus14 and @spartan4life my first Ob considered anything over 140 a fail for the 1 hr glucose test. Even though it was a long time ago, I remember because I tested at 139 and they had me do it again. I got something lower the second time. But I’ve been more careful of how I eat during pregnancies because of it. 

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

• @yellingbanana Hooray for technology! 

(I seriously want to write @yellowbanana every time I tag you)