July 2021 Moms

Product Spotlight 12/15: Strollers!

Today's Product Spotlight discussion topic is STROLLERS. This is another item that may feel a bit far out to plan for, but since they're big-ticket items we may be able to jump on upcoming sales and deals! 

Any stroller recs and tips and questions would be appreciated in this thread! Do you have a fancy splurgy stroller you love? Eyeing a double stroller and need help picking one? Are you one of those magical people who actually uses their exercise stroller and doesn't just have it collecting dust in a closet? Please share!

Prior and Upcoming Product Spotlights

*Live, Love, Laugh, Learn*

Re: Product Spotlight 12/15: Strollers!

• I have a Bugaboo stroller and love it. I live in the city so again things important to me were lightweight and compact. It is super easy to fold and carry up and down the stairs. I have both the Bugaboo Bee and the Ant. 

I am contemplating a double stroller but still hesitant as they're all so big.

I was considering the uppababy vista but I hate that the older child has to face in. My toddler would not be happy about that at all and for how often I use the stroller, I am not willing to compromise on this. So still looking. Maybe the Bugaboo Donkey but the footprint is so big. I'll have to compare how big it is compared to what I have now when stores re-open. 

• @AKuzReve I have the Uppababy Vista and when I had two of them in it (which wasn't too often because my son was 3.5 when the baby was born) he could sit in the rumble seat facing out on the lower part of the stroller. I think that seat is good to 35 lb??

I love love my Vista and wish I had bought it with my first. I got it for my second and plan to use it with my third and will probably use the double configuration alot more since my daughter likes the stroller much more than my son ever did. I like that its not side by side and too wide to push through doorways, the basket on the bottom is HUGE and it is a very smooth ride. UB does free tuneups at authorized retailers and I just love love love the look. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • I just ditched my heavy and cumbersome Graco jogger and purchased a City Mini GT and I am so excited.  It's such a small, zippy little thing (my mum had an old one at her house for us to use and I just loved it, unfortunately it was well-loved and improperly stored so could not be salvaged for our second).  It's awesome, all-terrain, folds up tiny and you can buy car-seat adapters for most bucket seats.  The only annoying thing with the City series is that you have to buy all the extras, but I'm planning on buying a glider board on the advice of you ladies! 

BabyFruit Ticker
  • I think I’ve decided that we just aren’t stroller people so I’m hoping we can skip getting a double one. But we do love our Bob. We live in the country and it does very well on all our bumpy roads. But do not get one if you’re going to be taking it in and out of a car a lot. They are horrifyingly heavy. I thought we’d need something more light weight for that but then the pandemic hit. 
  • edited December 2020
    @karacc18, the only way I see this as possible is if I use the car seat for the baby instead of the bassinet. Is that wrong/am I missing an alternative?

• @AKuzReve ohhh yes. With the bassinet the only option is to have the older child on the top facing you I think. I was looking at the bucket seat with the big seat or rumble seat with big seat. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • I know this is an old thread but does anyone have opinions on the mockingbird single to double or the contours options elite? Both are double strollers. I’m trying to decide whether we need a double stroller and if so which one. Thanks!
  • @kime783 I haven’t tried the mockingbird but it looks really similar to the uppababy vista, which I do have. We love our uppa. I think if the mockingbird had been out when we had our first we would have considered it

• @DuchessOfCambridge thanks for your input!
  • BOBs are great for jogging and all terrain areas.  But we have the britax stroller we use when they are in the carrier still.
    BFP 2/11/15 (EDD 10/13/15). MMC 3/30/15 D&C 4/3/15 "We will always love you"
    DD1 - BFP 7/23/15 (EDD 3/31/16).  "We believe in you rainbow" DOB 4/2/16
    DD2 - BFP 2/9/18 (EDD 10/19/18).  "Grow baby grow!" DOB 10/24/18
    BFP 11/16/20 (EDD 7/31/21).  "Round 3 FIGHT!"