July 2021 Moms

Weekly Randoms 12/15

I didn’t see one so I started it! 

I got a general note from my midwife today. I think they’re gonna cancel my 14 week ultrasound as it’s a “fun” ultrasound and the next official one isn’t until 19 weeks, as we are now in lockdown. 😭😭😭 I’m so sad. That’s not until the beginning of February. 

*Live, Love, Laugh, Learn*

Re: Weekly Randoms 12/15

• We just told both sets of parents. Via FaceTime with DD in a cute shirt that said “Super Sister” that no one could read. 😂 But everyone is very happy. I’d like to tell a few other people but I think we’ll hold off for a little longer. 

Who have you all told? 
  • @becks_726 besides the shirt blip, I'm glad your announcement went well!

I gave my husband full reign on announcing this time since I've done it every other time previously. We already told close family and friends a few weeks ago. H decided to announce yesterday on social media. This being #6, and having all boys so far, I'm pleasantly surprised we didn't get more crappy comments.
    Wife. Boy mom x6. Expecting #7. Wannabe homesteader.
    , 💙💙💙💙💙💙
  • Loading the player...
  • So far all we’ve told is grandparents/aunts/uncles and a handful of local friends. We will tell the rest of the family of the extended family and social media after my ultrasound tom. 

I flew the white flag and had my dr call in a zofran RX, unisom and B6 were not cutting it. Took a dose already and while I’m still queasy, it’s tolerable! Anxious the see the human that’s making me so damn sick tom.

DD1 5/16/2006 8lbs 3oz 21" (2 days late, 36.5 hour labor)
    M/C 12/08/09 6w5d
    DS1 6/27/2013 7lbs 9oz 19.5" (1 day late, 17.5 hour labor)
    M/C 12/18/13 6w1d Twins
    BFP#5 4/6/13 EDD 12/16/2014

BabyFruit Ticker image
  • @riansmommie FX Zofran does the trick! 
  • @becks_726 sorry the shirt didnt work out but glad you got such a wonderful, positive reaction.   This far I told my husband.  I'm just over 11 weeks and not excited to share....this is our 4th and I know the judgement will be there.  Despite us being grown ass adults who are financially responsible and raising our kids without asking for anything I know people are going to be all judgmental and annoying. 
  • So far we’ve told siblings, parents and grandparents. Not sure when we’ll tell more people, probably not until my next appointment 1-4 and maybe not until slightly after that when we get the nipt results
  • We told our families and my best cousins. And our best friends. We are announcing at Christmas so getting the important people out the way first. I’m also 11.5 weeks and had a great 10 week scan so after that is when we started telling more people. 

• @tiggywiggles I’m sorry you’re having to brace yourself for unkind comments. People really don’t know when to just be happy for others. Not everything is open for debate! 
  • We have told a couple close friends and my BIL/SIL. We are going to tell the rest of the family on Christmas! I wanted to wait to tell family until after my appointment just too makes sure all is good.
  • We’ve told both sets of parents, a few close friends, and some other family members. Everyone who I’d want to know one way or the other. I’m not into social media announcements, so we’ll tell others as we see them. 

Santa came through the neighborhood on a fire truck last night. DS loved it!
  • @tiggywiggles ugh sorry people are the worst - not their place to judge at all!  When I told one of my best friends we were trying again back in September he had a really snarky reaction and now I still haven't told him I'm pregnant and honestly we have barely talked since then... it's a horrible feeling.
    @cammie0526 ooh so jealous I really wish Santa was doing that in our neighbourhood but he isn't, and I missed the dates when he would be in the next closest neighbourhood!!! 

I've told lots of people because I can't keep my mouth shut LOL, a handful of close friends (obviously with the exception noted above), a few people from work, my boss (ahh, it was early but I felt I owed it to him a little bit), parents and in-laws... still haven't told DH's brother and his wife... things have been a bit tense in the family and I'm honestly not looking to open up any reason to communicate with her, she is expecting in April so I know once she knows about me, she'll want to chat all the time. My dad told all my aunties... LOL he also can't keep his mouth shut - I come by it honestly.  Unsure if we will do a bigger announcement after our NT scan in January or wait until the anatomy scan... 

BabyFruit Ticker
  • @AKuzReve Ugh that is frustrating! I understand the Covid regs, but it doesn't make it any less sucky.

We haven't told anyone yet and I have been having to wear baggy clothes to try to hide it. We are telling my parents on Sunday, sister and SIL this coming week (SIL did miscarry and sister has been trying for months w/o success), and the rest we will tell at Christmas.
  • @riansmommie I hope the Zofran works well for you! I can't imagine having nausea most of the day.
  • Finally had my intake call with one of the OB nurses. First appointment is Monday. Since I have had pre-e twice, they might have me take a baby aspirin daily, and obviously my BP and urine will be monitored more closely the farther along I get. 

I also found out my first ultrasound isn’t until the anatomy scan, which is SO far away. I’m hoping she uses the Doppler on Monday so we can at least maybe catch a heartbeat! Anything to let me know this pregnancy is moving along properly!
  • @daisy528
    This pregnancy I was advised to take a mini aspirin daily because I had gestational hypertension with all 3 of my pregnancies.  I have a new OB and this is the first time this was advised to me.  
    I hope they use the doppler for you monday so you can hear baby.  
  • @daisy528 That’s quite the wait for a scan. ☹️ I find it interesting how much that varies from one OB/region/country to another. 
  • @daisy528 I’m so sorry you have to wait that long for a us. I’ve already had one and still feel like having to wait until the anatomy scan is torture so I can’t even imagine how you’re feeling. Really hoping they at least find the heartbeat for you at the upcoming appointment!
  • @daisy528 I take baby aspirin with all my pregnancies, but usually you can't start taking it until after a certain week, maybe even after the first tri, then they will take you off of it around 36 wks so you don't have any issues with bleeding during delivery because of thin blood

@riansmommie I've been on meds since Monday night for nausea.  LIFE CHANGING, although I was warned they can make you drowsy and boy do they.
    BFP 2/11/15 (EDD 10/13/15). MMC 3/30/15 D&C 4/3/15 "We will always love you"
    DD1 - BFP 7/23/15 (EDD 3/31/16).  "We believe in you rainbow" DOB 4/2/16
    DD2 - BFP 2/9/18 (EDD 10/19/18).  "Grow baby grow!" DOB 10/24/18
    BFP 11/16/20 (EDD 7/31/21).  "Round 3 FIGHT!"
  • @daisy528 that's a super long time without an ultrasound. Could you possibly go to elective ultrasound place?

@bntfroggie I'm a complete wuss when it comes to meds and the nausea meds always knock me out. With my husband gone, an old dog that needs to be let out throughout the night, a 1yr old that wakes up randomly, and then 5 kids that need me during the day I can't take them. 😭😭 I am so ready for the pukey stage to be over.

I got bloodwork done at my appt on Monday. They ended up blowing my vein or something and basically my entire elbow is bruised. It's soo nasty looking. 😔

Last night I finally broke down and ate a grapefruit because I couldn't keep anything else down. It was the best thing I've tasted since I found out I was pregnant. 
    , 💙💙💙💙💙💙
  • @daisy528 I really hope they use the doppler for you. Hearing that heartbeat is the best, most reassuring sound ever.

@tiggywiggles I have to take a baby aspirin starting second tri as well for gestational hypertension. I am so glad there is something we can do about it because last time it was so stressful hoping my BP would be low enough.
  • I had a dream last night where I was part of the cool runnings bob sled team.  I woke up sitting in my bed pillow clenched in my hands like a steering wheel.  😳
  • @tiggywiggles hahaaaa that is too funny!! Did you watch the movie recently?

Ok im done - I am not going to a grocery store until we’ll after Xmas.  Also spent the morning cleaning out my disgusting fridge... every time I say to myself “ok I’m doing this more regularly” and then I never do and end up having to go in with a gas mask and rubber gloves on 😂
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • My nausea randomly ramped up today and wiped me out. Any movement triggered it. 🤢🤢 I’m 12 weeks! Go away!

• @canucklehead123 I actually havent seen that movie in well over 10 years haha
    Congrats on getting to avoid grocery stores until after christmas.  I need a handful of things still...hoping to grab next week.  Wish me luck, its gunna suck.
    @AKuzReve nausea should be outlawed at the 12 week mark.  Sorry you felt crappy today. 
  • This may be a silly question but when are you supposed to stop sleeping on your stomach/back? I’m 9 weeks and already feeling less comfortable sleeping on my stomach which is usually how I fall asleep. My sleep has only been so-so basically this whole pregnancy so I’m really not looking forward to having to change up my usual sleep positions 😕
  • @pharmd93 I was wondering the same thing recently! According to google it’s around 20w for back sleeping. I’ve been having awful sciatica basically since my positive test though so I’ve already broken out the pregnancy pillow. 
  • @pharmd93 whenever it's no longer comfortable. The problem with back sleeping is the weight of the baby and uterus putting pressure on those main veins/arteries. When that starts happening you will feel it and it will force you to move before it does anything to the baby. 
    , 💙💙💙💙💙💙