March 2021 Moms

Product Spotlight: Blankets

This is a place for FTMs to ask questions about, S+TMs to share their prior experience with, and everyone to share what they're eyeing in the world of maternity, baby and postpartum products. Each week we'll spotlight a new category of product to help streamline and make it easier to refer back. This week we're discussing blankets!  

Please use the prompts below to try to share as much relevant info as you can in a format that is easy for those reading to navigate and respond to.

For S+TMs: 

• Individual (e.g., lifestyle) factors that might influence your choice:
  • Favorite blanket:
  • Link/picture:
  • Cost (either actual dollar amount, or just $, $$, $$$, etc.):
  • What you like and don't like about it: are there toys you don't have but are considering? Why?:
  • Are there blankets you've tried that you absolutely hate? Why?: 
  • Additional thoughts on blankets?:

For FTMs:

• Blankets you're interested in:
  • Link/picture:
  • Cost (either actual dollar amount, or just $, $$, $$$, etc.):
  • Any questions for S+TMs?:
To view past Product Spotlights or the upcoming schedule, see
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1IrF0iah5XaJFdFTHzNVcIEq4ujZTwq_j1bG9W-bovNs/edit#gid=0
Pregnancy Ticker

Re: Product Spotlight: Blankets

• finnflanfinnflan member
    edited December 2020
    Blankets weren’t really a big focus for us, but we did get an Aiden + Anais dream blanket that we used as a swaddle once DD1 was a couple of months old. She was an absolute Houdini of getting out of swaddles but still needed to have her arms contained to sleep. This worked well because it was so big that we could do an extra wrap to keep her in place. You do have to watch temperature in the room with this one though, as it’s 4 layers so they can get warm. We typically just had her in a light onesie when we used it. 

https://www.adenandanais.com/cotton-muslin-dream-blanket-lovestruck-6064

Once she was out of a swaddle we switched to sleep sacks and are still using one at 16+ months. 
  • We had a few aden & anais muslin blankets but found that we never used them.  My son lived in his woombie swaddles the first few months so that kind of served as his blanket. We had one personalized blanket that we were gifted that we used in his car seat when we were out during the winter but otherwise, we hardly ever used any blankets.
    Together 2007 | Married 2011 | Me: 36 | DH: 38
    Adopted Furbaby: 2014
    TTC#1 : 1/2016 | IUI #2 - BFP 12/24/16 -- born 9/8/17
    TTC#2: 11/2019 | Dx DOR (AMH 0.3), AMA
    IUI #2 - BFP 7/1/20 -- EDD 3/14/21
  • Loading the player...
  • We used like any brand swaddle blankets from 1-3 months. But I love sleep sacks, like halo. Swaddle ones for 1-4 months. Non swaddle after that. The magic Merlin suit isn’t really a blanket but might as well be. It’s a puffy sleep suit that helps for post swaddle sleep. 
    Me: 30   DH: 29
    Together: 3/2007
    Married: 5/30/2015
    BFP #1: 9/14/2015
    EDD: 5/20/2016
  • We got some muslin swaddles (couple different brands), I plan to use these instead of a nursing cover as well as for swaddling. I also got the flannel swaddles and a few wearable blankets (I call them potato sacks lol) from swaddledesigns.com. I also got a muslin quilt from little unicorn because it was on sale from black Friday. That's it.
    DD1 - 2010 TTC v2.0
  • Same as above, didn’t really use blankets much. My daughter slept with swaddles and then sleep sacks until we converted her bed to the toddler bed at 2.5yrs. We did have some blankets to cover her in the car seat or stroller but no real favorites there, we just used whatever was gifted to us 
    TTC history in spoiler
    Me: 31 Him: 37
    Married: Oct 2015
    Baby G born June 2017
    TTC#2: July 2018
    BFP #2: 2/6/19 MC 3/14/19
    BFP#3 from IUI #2: 6/30/20 EDD 3/9/21

Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy  Baby Tracker