May 2021 Moms

Weekly Appointments 12/07

When do you / did you have your appointment?  

How was your appointment? 

What'd they do? 

Feel free to ask any questions - either leading up to your appointment about what to expect or after your appointment.

Re: Weekly Appointments 12/07

• Loading the player...
  • My appointment went well, at least they told me that cervix was longer than the the minimum they would want, I saw baby, he was doing good - HB at 140 BPM. We did both pelvic and vaginal ultrasound today so the measurements were a bit different than last time, but it could be because we measured it differently. They also made me "force" and measured my cervix while I was doing that. So yeah, I just focus on the fact that they told me all was well, and I already can't wait for my next scan in 3 weeks!

I also have my flu shot on Friday, I hope I don't have any side effects.
  • Met with the nutritionist today. She's not at all concerned after looking at my food diary and chatting a bit about where I'm at. She'd like me to get a little more calcium (pregnant women should get around 1000mg/day) and would like to see me shift more calories from dinner to lunch. She also said to mentally prep to eat smaller but more frequent meals when the baby gets bigger and I have less space.

If anyone's interested, she's sending me a list of good calcium sources tomorrow and I'm happy to share. Right now I get calcium from my almond milk in my coffee, leafy greens and about an ounce of cheese somewhere in day. Being paleo pre-preg, I just don't do a lot of cow dairy. She said I'll be fine if I up my almond milk to one full cup, but it will be good to see some other options.

We have a follow up in a month so she can take a look at my carb distribution ahead of the glucose test.

I forget who had wanted to know about red raspberry leaf tea, but she couldn't advise on that and said that's a better question for an OB.
  • @ec1212 I'm glad it went well! I'd love to see the list regarding calcium! Thank you!
    *Loss 8/2014*
    *Rainbow 8/2015*
    *Expected Rainbows 12/2018*
    *Loss of Twin 5/2018*

• @texas_t cool - will try to upload here tomorrow but if it doesn't work I can PM. 
  • @ec1212 glad she was supportive & it was a good visit! My midwife suggested a calcium magnesium 400mg/200mg supplement that I take twice a day - which was also meant to help me sleep 👌🏻 I was surprised that my prenatal didnt have much calcium but honestly I have no clue how much I get from food, I dont eat much dairy either 🤷🏻‍♀️
  • @texas_t & friends, here's the calcium sources list! Nutritionist said I should be getting about 1000mg/day.
  • Thank you @ec1212 Off to go drink a milkshake!  :D
    *Loss 8/2014*
    *Rainbow 8/2015*
    *Expected Rainbows 12/2018*
    *Loss of Twin 5/2018*

• @texas_t - I haven't had any ice cream in a few days, otherwise the nutritionist would have given me extra credit for that! 🤪
  • I had my flu shot today,  now my arm is achy 😔 I had them do it on my right arm so I can sleep comfortably on my left side but until I go to bed, this is annoying