Questions:

GTKY: Favorite/Least Favorite Thing About December?: 

Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy  Baby Tracker

Re: All Due Date Check In w/o 12/7

• Options
    Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days: 20 weeks and some days

FTM/STM/STM+: 3rd time!

Team Green/Pink/Blue/Finding Out: blue! 

Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of: a banana and evidently a microphone 

Upcoming appointments: sometime in a couple weeks for a normal checkup. 

How are you feeling?: not half bad - just get tired and sore (and grumpy 😂) very easily. 

Rants/Raves: Some days my family is very overwhelming. Last night the girls and DH kept talking to me and touching me and it was just too much. I feel like I get overstimulated super easily these days and I don’t like it!

Questions: I’m not sure when my glucose test is - they didn’t mention having it this month when I go, so I’m guessing it’ll be in January. With both of my girls I failed the one hour, and with DD2 I miserably failed the three hour. With this one, if I fail the 1 hour I’m tempted to say no thanks to the three hour and just go ahead and treat myself as diabetic again. Would that be a bad move? I just hate three hour so much and already know the ropes for GD. I feel doomed to have it again this time anyways.

GTKY: Favorite/Least Favorite Thing About December?: usually my least favorite thing about December is the busyness at church. Like a few events each week and no time to enjoy the season, and we’re expected to be at everything since DH is on staff. This year almost all of those things are canceled due to Covid, so that’s my favorite thing right now. 😂 The free schedule that is, not Covid. I love Christmas! 

• Options
    @bblair24 do you already have an at home glucose monitor? You could probably even ask if you can just track your numbers from the get go and avoid the 1hr all together. SIL declined the test completely and said she would track it at home but never ended up ordering the monitor which I think is completely irresponsible. I also question her medical care that no one followed up about it BUT that is a completely legit thing to do if you think you'll have it anyways, already have the glucose monitor, etc. I do think you'd still want to get your CBC done to check anemia (can't think of what else they check with that bloodwork but I know I've been anemic so I remember that one). I also seem to recall the test being around 28 weeks (3rd tri I thought) but might be earlier with your history.

Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days: 4/21, 20+5

FTM/STM/STM+: TTM

Team Green/Pink/Blue/Finding Out: Green

Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of: palm is an altoid

Upcoming appointments: A/S and 20 week appointment at the new office on Thursday (at 21 weeks)

How are you feeling?: Alright which has been nice. I legit forget I'm pregnant all the time. A bit of heartburn and RLP but nothing too bad.

Rants/Raves: I hate unpacking, but not as much as packing. We started with the kitchen and a lot is away but now I'm overwhelmed with what's left. I need to rearrange a lot, too. Yay to the fact that all our stuff is finally here and I'm pretty much done ordering major things that we need for our house (spent so much $$$, though). We have a design meeting for our kitchen reno on Wednesday :D

Questions: none for now

GTKY: Favorite/Least Favorite Thing About December?: I hate how dark it gets so early but love the holiday feel, especially if there's snow. I'm all "Let It Snow" in December but come February I'm done lol. We haven't gotten our tree yet b/c we don't live in our new house but I'm excited to get one and then we can leave it up through New Years sine we will have gotten it so late.

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days: April 16, 20w3d

FTM/STM/STM+: 4TM

Team Green/Pink/Blue/Finding Out: Pink! 

Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of: Banana ohhh na na

Upcoming appointments: Dec 30, 24w OB

How are you feeling?: tired. And miserable. Mountain Cedar (or Juniper) is sky high right now, and I'm just dying from it. 

Rants/Raves: we went onto the Riverwalk to see the lights and the tree at the Alamo this weekend, much to my father's horror and dismay. It wasn't crowded, we wore masks, and it was really nice to do SOMETHING traditional for 2020. What was really nice is all the vendors that are usually there, crowding the path were GONE. So, we didn't panic waiting for a kid to fall into the river. 

Questions: Is anyone else ready for 2020 to just go away? 

GTKY: Favorite/Least Favorite Thing About December?: I love Christmas, so the whole thing is my favorite. 

But, I hate the traffic, crowds, and arseholes that show up. Like at McDs the other night, this guy pulled up to the drive thru exit and started ranting and raving for napkins, with his wife using some outdated colorful language about skin tone. The poor employee started apologizing profusely to US. I'm like, sweetie, YOU'RE the one they're attacking. Go inside, don't worry about us. By the time she came back out, they'd driven off. Maybe the plethora of people whipping out cellphones to record scared them. Freaking Bigots. 

• Options
    @aisukurimsarang Hey mama, I'm due April 16 too. We're 21+3. I had to laugh, I was off a week like 2 due date check ins ago.

And yeah, that situation at McD's would have got me heated.
  • Options
    Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days: April 16

FTM/STM/STM+: STM+

Team Green/Pink/Blue/Finding Out: green

Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of: ?

Upcoming appointments: growth scan/high risk Dr appointment end of month

How are you feeling?: Overall good. Foot cramps and constipation are not making me happy, but motivation to work on diet/hydration.

Rants/Raves: I am constantly reminding my 3 year old to stay off my belly. When he rolled on me last night I felt my first actual kick. Made me laugh thinking baby is starting to get back at him.

Questions: What should I get for my son's bus driver and bus attendant? He's only been riding a couple weeks but they are so sweet and patient.

GTKY: Favorite/Least Favorite Thing About December?: I like buying gifts (and having my kids make them!), but there are always those couple friends/kids friends that you don't know if you are exchanging presents or not. My least favorite part is being around people I'd rather avoid, haha.

• Options
    @kvh22 totally agree that unpacking is better than packing. The decision making is easier. Glad that the worst of it is over for you. I moved in May and I'm still tired just thinking about it.
  • Options
    @Lexibizzel @kvh22 Ugh. We moved in July. We were unpacked fairly quickly, but the garage still needs organized, with SOs late fathers stuff to be gone thru. I was pregnant just a few weeks later, so I look at it and go... Mmmmmmm maybe when the baby comes. 
  • Options
    @kvh22 I've been trying to remember if I kept my monitor, or if I got rid of it when we moved. It's very possible that it's in a box in the basement (one that we packed three years ago when we moved here and never unpacked  :D) but I also vaguely remember deciding I didn't want to keep it. What really sucks is that I was running low on testing strips so I bought a new box, and then DD2 came 2 weeks early and I had barely even touched the new box, haha! I guess I'll see how the test goes and what my doctor recommends. At my previous OB, the 3 hour test had to be done at the hospital. I'm not sure how they do it here, but after going to the hospital last week for my bonus ultrasound at MFM, I realllllly don't want to go back there. It was such chaos with all of the covid regulations. I mean I totally understand it, but really hope to avoid it until little man is ready to be born.
  • Options
    Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days: Due April 2, so 23 weeks and a few days

FTM/STM/STM+: STM

Team Green/Pink/Blue/Finding Out: Team pink

Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of: I think a grapefruit? or orange? Seriously so bad at that this time around!

Upcoming appointments: Not until Jan 6, unfortunately, I wish they were more often!

How are you feeling?: Totally fine and just getting bigger. Happy to be in this good second trimester stage with energy coming back! Hard to carry my son though, which is funny to feel (usually it's no prob and now I am seriously out of breath!)

Rants/Raves: Can't stop eating sweets, I guess this is a rant and a rave lol. Even today I had an egg and a banana then found myself eating a waffle. Last night I decided to have "a little something" and had ice cream with peppermint pretzels mashed into it... oops. Need to take the GD test soon and will see what happens..

Questions: none yet

GTKY: Favorite/Least Favorite Thing About December?: Love the holiday breaks from work and the (usual) family time, so sad we won't get normal holidays this year but still happy to be home with my husband and son all healthy for now!

• Options
    Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days: 20 w 5 d/ Due April 21, 2021!

FTM/STM/STM+: FTM

Team Green/Pink/Blue/Finding Out: We found out! But we're keeping everyone else in the dark :) 

Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of:  A banana

Upcoming appointments: Check up 12/28

How are you feeling?: Generally good! Been able to exercise a lot more. Finally feeling some baby boops today (I think!) which is super exciting! 

Rants/Raves: Rant - I've been having these weird heart palpitations that are not typical for me. Of course, I'm terrified now that something's wrong. It seems to be somewhat common for pregnant women, but it's still freaking me out. Anyone else had this problem?

Rave - I made my own gingerbread house from scratch this weekend! With homemade vegan royal icing and everything! I felt very christmas-y. 

Questions: My husband really wants to feel baby "give him a high five" lol - any sense of when he should be able to feel? Internet says anywhere starting at 24 weeks, but idk.

GTKY: Favorite/Least Favorite Thing About December?: Favorite thing is Christmas! I love this time of year. Least favorite this year is not attending family gatherings since COVID is still rampant and I'm not taking any chances with the bebe :( 

• Options
    Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days: April 26, 20w0d

FTM/STM/STM+: FTM

Team Green/Pink/Blue/Finding Out: pink

Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of: a banana

Upcoming appointments: had my anatomy scan today, routine OB in 2 weeks

How are you feeling?: mostly OK, still some nausea/vomiting occasionally, and I've been having restless legs at night, and sciatica started last week *eyeroll, thanks fibroid). 

Rants/Raves: Baby wouldn't cooperate for all of the heart views, so I have to go back in 4 weeks to hopefully get the all clear

Questions: NATM

GTKY: Favorite/Least Favorite Thing About December?: I LOVE the holiday season! I love the lights, the music, all of it. I agree with @kvh22, I'm "Let It Snow" in December, but January 2 I'm over it lol. 

• Options
    @anarmillay92918 my heart is literally palpitating right now as I sit here at my computer doing absolutely nothing. It races at the most random times. You can certainly talk to your OB but it's common and I wouldn't freak yourself out too much about it.
  • Options
    @anarmillay92918 yay for some baby wiggles! With my first I think DH could feel movement around 25 weeks, but everyone is different. I’m 21 weeks and he felt some kicks or punches the other day, but I’m pretty sure my squish is completely in the front of the placenta because I feel everything these days she does! I hope he can feel some high fives soon!

@kvh22 unpacking is WAY better than packing! We will hopefully be moving soon and I was thinking how our storage unit will almost feel like a surprise because I haven't seen our stuff in like a year!

@aisukurimsarang I’m so ready to be done with 2020, but also sort of dread 2021 because I don’t know what will happen. I hate surprises!

@Lexibizzel maybe have your son help make a card and then just some candy or something small? Or if you want it more themed for Christmas you can make an ornament.

@bblair24 my sister did something similar, she just monitored it at home because she had GD during her first pregnancy and assumed it for the second. When she failed the one hour she just showed them the log she had kept for the week before and asked if she could just skip the three hour test and just follow the diet. Good luck!

Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days: April 20, so 20 weeks and 6 days 

FTM/STM/STM+: 3TM

Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of: endive!

Upcoming appointments: MFM on December 17 and regular OB Dec 24 both with ultrasounds

How are you feeling?: eh, pregnancy wise I guess normal. Still a little queasy but mostly okay and am down to one zofran a day. But heartburn and RLS are annoying. In general though not horrible.

Rants/Raves: so we live with my parents a little while longer, and my brother lives here too and works in a nursing home. He just found out today that his test from Thursday last week was positive, so that absolutely sucks. We live in the basement and they’re all on the main floor. We have our own bathroom down here so I guess we will just keep to ourselves for a while. I am emotionally and mentally exhausted by life and family dynamics, and Covid and family all having different attitudes about it and their comments to us about how we are being “too careful” about it. Like I won’t sign my five year old up for swim and karate lessons, and go out to eat with my sisters, and we don’t go visit friends, and we wear masks everywhere we go even if it’s the playground. DH goes to work, we go to the store like once a week but have even tried to do mostly just curbside pickups, and just get takeout food instead of eating places. And they’re not understanding how I’m pregnant and not wanting to put myself in a situation of being more exposed to things than I need to be. Sorry, I’m also just exhausted physically and not from pregnancy but because my 5 and 2 year old have taken turns every night this last week waking up in the middle of the night and staying up for long periods of time. Last night 5 was awake at 3:30, he was almost asleep and then at 4:00 2 woke up and stayed awake the rest of the morning. 

Questions: none for now

GTKY: Favorite/Least Favorite Thing About December?: I don’t like the cold without the snow. I’m just ready for a white Christmas! But we aren’t in our own space so it’s not at all the same and it doesn’t really feel like Christmas. I usually love this month but this year is hard. 

• Options
    had to come back for tags...

@theletlers that is exhausting! I know how you feel about the COVID fatigue; I work in a hospital (but not directly with patients) and I have coworkers who are going to theme parks and traveling for weddings and stuff. It drives me crazy because, like you and DH, I go to work and we go to the grocery once a week and we wear masks whenever we go anywhere. Its so frustrating to be doing everything you can, just to have others around you taking all the risks and then potentially exposing you. BEYOND frustrating!

@aisukurimsarang YES, so done. 

@juliebird6 @anarmillay92918 same, it randomly feels like my heart is racing a couple of times a week, and I know it's probably nothing but it is still disconcerting, and uncomfortable. 

@bblair24 ugh, that test! My OB made me take it in the first tri and it was AWFUL. I'm sure she is going to want me to take it again, and I am not looking forward to it at all. 
  • Options
    Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days: 5/1, 19 +2

FTM/STM/STM+: 4TM

Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of: a bagel

Upcoming appointments: 1/12, which will include the 1 hour GD screen

How are you feeling?: Tired and large

Rants/Raves: Rant: my specialty pharmacy who has been filling my prescription every 4 weeks for almost 2 years called today to get my insurance info because they claim they don’t have it - ummm, WTH.  You’ve had it for almost 2 years, so how did it magically disappear??  I lost my temper and told her that was bologna, and I will no doubt have to still look it up and call back in and provide it  🙄  They’re so incompetent. Rave: definite movement at this point that cannot be mistaken for anything else.  😊

Questions: None for now

GTKY: Favorite/Least Favorite Thing About December?: all of December is my least favorite thing - I hate the cold, I hate the dark, I hate the snow, and I am NOT a Christmas person. (I sound like a total delight, right?!). My favorite would be that after Dec 21, the hours of sunlight within the days start getting longer, which means we’re working our way back towards SUMMER! 😎

@bblair24 sorry you’re stressing over the glucose test - I have been lucky and have always passed, so I have no idea whether it would be ok to just treat yourself as diabetic if you fail the first. I wouldn’t want to do it twice though if I didn’t have to. Yuck. 

@kvh22 enjoy your anatomy scan on Thursday!

@eahayes I feel so ridiculous at the tasks that leave me out of breath already. I’m in serious trouble for when I am way more pregnant than this. 

@anarmillay92918 I can never remember when you can feel the baby on the outside, either. We have to be getting close though? 

@bbrahmbhatt silver lining that you get an extra ultrasound? Restless legs feels terrible!  I hope that goes away for you. 

@theletlers I’m sorry about your family not taking this horrible virus and you and your family’s safety seriously. That has to be frustrating and is very selfish since their decisions affect much more than just themselves. 

• Options
    @theletlers Umm what you're doing seems like normal taking-this-seriously behavior. I'd say that's exactly what we're doing and I don't consider myself overly cautious. My mom and sister are out and about in the world for work but the kids aren't in daycare and we both work from home. I haven't been to the grocery store in over a month (my mom works at Target and we're staying with her until our house is ready so she does all the shopping). I went to homegoods and marshalls one day but was that "crazy lady" making sure we got no where within 10 feet of anyone else, let alone 6 feet. I've also been into Sherwin Williams for paint and that's IT. Luckily my family does not think we're crazy but my sister does in person evals as an OT (but with young kids which is a relief) sometimes and my mom obviously sees many ppl at Target but it's not like she's sitting in an office around the same people so I actually think even though she's more likely to come across someone whose positive she's less likely to be around anyone for 15 minutes or more. My dad and his wife (and us) wore masks when we showed him the house and I have not eaten indoors ANYWHERE since March. I bought clippers to cut DH's hair b/c getting your hair cut is a super high risk activity. Anyways, I'm so sorry that has happened and I hope your brother is just fine and that your parents don't get it as well. Keep doing what you're doing <3

• Options
    @eahayes and @BuckeyeNut05, along the lines of feeling out of breath already, I’m shocked at how little activity it takes to raise my heart rate. The other day I made the bed, walked downstairs, and started doing the dishes. My Fitbit buzzed a few minutes in to doing dishes because I was apparently in an active zone and it was telling me to keep up the good work. 😂 It thought I was exercising when literally all I had done was walked around! 
  • Options
    Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days: 21 weeks today

FTM/STM/STM+: 3rd time mom

Team Green/Pink/Blue/Finding Out: it's a boy!

Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of: Endive, apparently. I wouldn't know an endive if I saw one sitting on my table

Upcoming appointments: Nothing until 12/30

How are you feeling?: Pretty good, just so extremely irritable

Rants/Raves: Wrapping presents is tough with a giant belly. I don't remember this from when I was nearly full term with DD. Bonus though, finally feeling some baby movement so that's reassuring.

Questions: nothing right now

GTKY: Favorite/Least Favorite Thing About December?: Normally Christmas, though this year it feels so different and not as fun.  Least favorite thing is definitely the how it gets dark so early. One of the silver linings to having to work from home and not being very busy is that I'm at least able to go out and experience the sun (when it's sunny) during the work day if I want to.

• Options
    kadeephdkadeephd member
    edited December 2020
    @bblair24 I failed the 1 hour during my last pregnancy and my OB let me monitor my sugars the rest of the time instead of do the 3 hour.  I was never officially diagnosed with GD and didn't take meds, but I did modify my diet a bit and was stressed about fasting numbers.  This time I don't think my new OB will let me get away with that strategy.  I barely passed the early 1 hour test they had me take at 12 weeks (I was 133 and the cutoff is 135) so I fully expect to fail the 1 hour test at 28 weeks.  They will make me do the 3 hour though, even if I offer to just start monitoring.  I think it just depends on you OB.

@kvh22 So nice to almost be moved in!  Moving is so stressful.

Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days: 20 + 4

Team Green/Pink/Blue/Finding Out: team pink!  (we just found out so it's my first time writing that)

Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of: paper airplane

Upcoming appointments: 24 weeks appintment on 1/5

How are you feeling?: pretty much fine!

Rants/Raves: We got a new (to us) dining room set from an estate sale and I'm enjoying feeling like I have adult furniture.  We spent more than I normally would on furniture (I am quite frutal) and it's stressing me out a little, and it is not exactly the latest style, but it is actually sturdy and comfortable to use.  Our last table was a hand me down that wobbled terribly and it was too small.

Questions: I looked at the sheet they gave me after my anatomy scan and it said my placenta was in the anterior position.  I think that is associated with feeling less movement, but I've been feeling lots of movement.  The ultrasound technician even commented that she could feel the baby pushing against the wand thing.  Am I wrong about what the position means? 

GTKY: Favorite/Least Favorite Thing About December?: I love the holiday cheer, coziness, and family time.  I do not love the inundation of stuff that is already happening.  My son turned 2 last week and he got so many toys already for his birthday, and more are just coming for Christmas.  We have really cut back on family gifts for adults which has been a relief, but kid gifts are still fair game and it's just so much.

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days: 20 + 3

Team Green/Pink/Blue/Finding Out: team blue

Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of: a banana 

Upcoming appointments:  anatomy scan on 12/18 - when I'll be 22 weeks but that was the earliest my OB could get me in after my Thanksgiving travel/quarantine!

How are you feeling?:  So busy at work and with a toddler at home so really mostly forget that I am pregnant!  Just the usual exhaustion. 

Rants/Raves:  Rant is similar to what some others have said re: holiday logistics and family drama with COVID. I feel you @theletlers.  My family has been pretty serious about it all since March but my in laws are going about the holidays like nothing is any different - including a massive Xmas eve party WITH GRANDMA and then Xmas day brunch with the neighbors. I am beyond shocked it is happening this year - I thought for sure we would just spend it with immediate family. But now I don't even think we can do that if my in laws are going to an Xmas Eve party and Xmas day brunch!  (And btw we live in a cold weather climate so these gatherings are 100% INDOORS) It's not going to be a fun conversation and I think DH is the one that needs to discuss it with them but we're going on month 10 of this and honestly DH hasn't been doing a good job with it (he just wants to keep the peace so avoids the conversation altogether) so I'm going to have to get involved and I am NOT looking forward to it. UGH. 

GTKY: Favorite/Least Favorite Thing About December?:   Love the Christmas season - decorations, lights, music, everything!  The gift giving always irks me a bit, especially this year; I like gift giving and doing secret santas for groups but my in laws go all out and overboard with the gifts for every single member of the family and I just think its ridiculous.  Also, is it just me or is anyone else massively behind in xmas shopping this year??

• Options
    @theletlers that is beyond frustrating about Covid. We are the same as you and trying to be extra careful because I'm pregnant (and we just don't know who will be asymptomatic or who will have a bigger reaction to this virus). Our county just went into more lockdowns so now no playgrounds or anything is open.. breaks my heart for my son who is getting so much better at wearing a mask and loved getting to play safely. Makes me so frustrated for those that don't follow precautions in my area in public areas (getting into a rant now!)

@kvh22 same as you on so many parts! Cut DH's hair, don't go out to eat, etc. I also don't feel like it's been a sacrifice.. we just do a lot more around the house these days, or local hikes and such!

@kadeephd I hear you on the gifts. We did a super clean of our house the other day and I was so sad that soon my son will have a million more gifts from family that will be all over the floors- total first world problem I know!
  • Options
    @eahayes same for the sweet tooth. I've sent DH on several runs for tootsie pops because thats all I want!
    @anarmillay92918 I had lots of heart palpitations with DS and it scared the shit out of me. My OB was never concerned as long as they resolved within a certain time frame (I don't remember how long though..) Also, feeling movement from the outside depends on where your placenta is. With DS I had an anterior and DH didn't feel movement until at least 30wk. With this one, DH has already felt it a few times.

Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days: April 6th, 23wk today

Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of: Grapefruit, but I feel much bigger lately..

Upcoming appointments: Next week, the usual 24wk check up.

How are you feeling?: Freaking exhausted. My 2yr old has been very high maintenance these last couple weeks, and I didn't get to rest this weekend because our basement randomly flooded on Saturday. So we spent all weekend cleaning that up. Other than that, I've been feeling good though!

Rants/Raves: We are in our last week of classes before exams right now, so things are SO easy at work. I cannot wait for Winter Break to start. I've already started getting Braxton Hicks contractions and they're driving me nuts. I had them pretty regularly with DS from about 32wk on every single time I did anything remotely active. Its too soon for it this time....

Questions: 

GTKY: Favorite/Least Favorite Thing About December?: Favorite: Christmas Holiday and time with family; Least: Cold weather without snow. Give me alllllll the snow.

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days: April 13th//22 weeks today.

FTM/STM/STM+: FTM

Team Green/Pink/Blue/Finding Out: Blue! 💙

Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of: A coconut. And he weighs as much as a football.

Upcoming appointments: Glucose test on Dec 30th.

How are you feeling?: Great! Exhausted some days but full of energy the next.

Rants/Raves: Rant: family drama has been an all time high lately. I just turned 20 so we are still living with my mom while we get our things together for baby. We are moving out in February to get away from it all. No one in my household takes me seriously as a parent and my mom has told me multiple times that she will do things I don't approve of behind my back with my son. It's honestly heartbreaking to know she doesn't respect me as a mother or her daughter.

Rave: baby is moving so much and it's so exciting to know that he's growing and doing so well. I didn't know what to expect as a first time mom but its amazing being able to experience it.

Questions: has anyone started buying baby things? I feel so unprepared but I also have no idea what is absolutely essential. I like to practice some sort of minimalism because a ton of clutter stresses me out. I just dont know what I absolutely need and what is just fun to have.

GTKY: Favorite/Least Favorite Thing About December?: honestly, I've never been a Christmas lover so the holidays always feel weird to me. Im enjoying spending a lot of quality time with my fiancé. He works retail so it seems that when we do get to spend time together during the season, it's always special. 

• Options
    @theletlers I am so sorry they aren’t taking it seriously. I hope you guys are able to stay to yourself and keep safe.

@kadeephd how fun to have a new to you dining set! And yes anterior placenta usually means you feel less movement.

Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days: 21 weeks

FTM/STM/STM+: 4tm

Team Green/Pink/Blue/Finding Out: Blue!

Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of: I haven’t checked

Upcoming appointments: one at the end of the month

How are you feeling?: I am still feeling worn out a lot, but we have also been crazy busy at home. The chiropractor has helped me with my headaches so I am thankful for that

Rants/Raves:

Questions:

GTKY: Favorite/Least Favorite Thing About December?: I love December and everything surrounding the holidays. I hate how fast it goes! January is my least favorite month. I need to get busy wrapping presents and need to do a hard look at what all we have. I feel like I may have gone overboard...

Pregnancy Ticker

• Options

Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days: 4/15, 21+5?

Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of: I don’t remember

Upcoming appointments: the 30th

How are you feeling?: Overall mostly good. I could not forget I was pregnant at this point, I don’t know if she’s low or what but bending is already so hard. I feel huge. My low back has been aching and recently my tailbone hurts when I sit on non-plush chairs, so that’s fun when half of my life is spent on tiny chairs or the floor helping my son on his many zoom sessions. 

Rants/Raves: Preschool (zoom) was annoyingly involved today. A painting project AND baking soda/vinegar? Can we please limit our days to one mess per hour? But OT was awesome, we do in person in our back yard with masks every once in a while rather than zoom and DS loves seeing her. It’s such an amazing break to have someone else be his boss for a change. I mean, I’m still there, but I get to sit and watch instead of set it all up.

Questions: Can’t think of any

GTKY: Favorite/Least Favorite Thing About December?: I love just about everything Christmas. The mess involved during decorating and wrapping stresses me out so I basically have to get those done ASAP so the bins can be put away, but aside from that I love this time of year. The influx of toys will stress me out again in January but I went through the playroom early this year in anticipation. But the Christmas music, decorations, crafts, giving feelings and charities, and just the whole thought of Christmas makes me smile. 

• Options
    @jaida1 First, I think it is so cool that you are interested in minimalism as a 20 year old. I wish I was. Anyway, I would focus on the fact that baby's main needs are sleeping and eating. So safe sleeping situation. Pajamas, diapers, wipes. If you plan to bf, really all you "need" are breasts. A pump if you will be away from baby. Bf pillow is nice to have (for your comfort), also lanolin for sore nipples. Car seat. Baby carrier (essential for me, I need to be hands free). I've found that people love to gift clothes, so I wouldn't buy those just yet. Same with blankets, bibs, burp cloths. Also, keep in mind that the hospital sends you home with post partum supplies, a blanket or 2 (and can teach you how to swaddle with them), some diapers and wipes (in my experience). My kids loved the swing, so that's another nice to have. 
  • Options
    @jaida1, I stand on a safe sleeping soap box, as my nephew was lost to SIDS at 3.5 months old. So, keeping in mind my preference for an over abundance of caution: you need a crib with a firm organic mattress, an organic waterproof mattress pad, at least 2 sets of 100% cotton crib sheets (LEAKS, man...especially with EBF babies), at least one sleep sack (although my two boys hated them), a travel system*...I used Graco Click Connect with the umbrella stroller option... something for tummy time, tons of clothes and diapers and wipes, and something to put it all in... I bought a cute space themed cube storage from Amazon so toys, diapers, wipes, and clothes are hidden. I didn't get a swing this time, and regretted it. I found one on Varage Sale for 40 bucks in fantastic condition. 

Later, we got a saucer for play, and some small toys like stacking cups and rings.

*While you could just use a convertible car seat from the start, it's so much easier to use a carrier for the first 6 months or longer. 
  • Options
    Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days: 4.13.21/22+2

FTM/STM/STM+: 3TM

Team Green/Pink/Blue/Finding Out: Blue!

Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of: As big as a coconut and as tall as a pencil  

Upcoming appointments: 12.16 for usual baby check up

How are you feeling?: Hit and miss most days both physically and emotionally. I feel like it’s been nonstop chaos since before Thanksgiving. Hips and pelvic soreness slows me down from keeping up with everything, but then my mind runs a mile a minute with all I have to do! Driving me crazy.. and everyone else in my household! Lol. I love this time of year though so trying to be festive and make extra fun things happen for the kiddos with how lame this year has been. The baby has gotten so active! Hubby and the kids are finally able to join in on the kicks and wiggles so that’s been a lot of fun! 

Rants/Raves: Rave to getting nearly all of the Christmas shopping done online this year and nothing went missing or got delayed!! I was so worried. I did not want to fight the crowds this time around! 

Questions: Does anyone have any odd ball suggestions on helping relieve pelvic floor pain? I don’t remember having this with my other kids or at least not until right at the end. I’ve talked to my Dr, he says it’s normal.. the relaxin hormone is helping loosen things up for labor blah blah blah, I take epsom salt baths weekly and of course the internet has tons of ideas but anything specific help any of you mamas? I trimmed my rose bushes and a few other plants the other day and it put me down for two days! 

GTKY: Favorite/Least Favorite Thing About December?: I love this time of year and Christmas is my absolute favorite! Decorating, baking, hot chocolate and Christmas movie nights have been the best! BUT I absolutely hate going out for anything in the stores this time of year and it seems especially bad this year. The stores are packed with everyone running around like ants and with grumpy attitudes. I get that it’s been a very trying year for most everyone but goodness, the usual holiday cheer has been taken over by the grinch and all his cousins it seems in my town! I stay home and have the hubby run out most of the time now.  

@anarmillay92918 I get the heart palpitations too and can hear/feel my heartbeat behind my ears sometimes. My Dr said it’s because of the increased blood flow and fluctuating hormone levels and not to worry. It catches my attention though! 

@jaida1 I’ve been picking up a few things along the way now but this is my 3rd baby and I’ve cut out a bunch of stuff we truly don’t use. Everyone is different with their preferences so it’s always the toughest 1st time around. If I see a good deal on something I know we’ll use, I try to pick it up so it’s not a huge haul closer to baby time. 

• Options
    @bluey101321 I'm having pelvic girdle pain (not sure if that's similar) but my doctor suggested going to a chiropractor to do a pelvic alignment. I haven't gotten a referral or anything, but from some online research it seems to be the best bet for relieving pain. She mentioned that she's had some patients relegated to a WALKER because of the pain! YIKES!! Mine is not that bad but still hurts when I get up and down from sitting especially after exercise (specifically running). I've been icing my pelvic area when it's bad while simultaneously using a heating pad on my back - it's a great look lol. 
  • Options
    @jaida1 I haven't bought anything yet and keep being like "I don't need anything because it's my second"... but know I will be in a for a rude awakening soon when I start getting the nursery together! There's prob a million things I need that I haven't thought of yet!
  • Options
    @anarmillay92918 After looking that up, I think that’s exactly it! Describes what I’m feeling to a tee. Makes sense too because I sit or lay down to rest but it’s worse when I get up, especially in the morning. I hobble for a second getting my weight under me and joints moving. I’m going to ask my dr about seeing a chiro. I’d rather rock the ice pack and heating pad look than a walker for sure! Lol. Thank you for the suggestion! 
  • Options
    @bluey101321 same! She said that and I was horrified! haha. Mine's usually fine after I actually get moving too, but after periods of rest it's definitely painful. Would love to know if a chiro makes a difference! Hope you feel better!