1st Trimester

Need Opinions?

Im 32 years old. My youngest child will be 10 years old in March 2021. The day she was born, I had my tubes tied, cut and burned because she's my 3rd surviving child. I had a miscarriage before she was conceived and had another miscarriage back in May 2020. 9 months after my daughter was born, I had the Novasure- Uterine Ablation done to help with my periods because they were so heavy. They since then have been only spotting here and there but always on a regular schedule or cycle each month. Well my most recent period (first day of my last period was 10/27/2020 and lasted until 10/30/2020). Well my next period was suppose to start 11/21/2020, but 5 days later on 11/26 I started to spot very lite to the point I only needed a panty liner. Spotting was on and off and lasted only 3 days, each day I only used a panty liner. Well 12/2/2020 I went to the ER because I was in major pain. My urine + blood results were both Negative, but they did an ultrasound which showed a gestational sac which appears to show signs of pregnancy. Of course its too early to tell from what the tech said, and there isn't a heartbeat just yet from what the technician said to me. She did both an abdominal and trans vaginal ultrasound and both showed same results. The tech said I am pregnant, but the emergency doc told me I am not, but they recommend me making an appointment with my OB soon, which I called that day to schedule, but they told me my OB wont be back from vacation until this Tuesday. They said I am not able to schedule anything sooner with another OB physician in the same office because the OB who is on vacation is the only one they want me to see once he comes back from vacation. Could I really be pregnant? The ultrasound doesn't lie, but How is the blood work and urine negative, but ultrasound is showing pregnancy.

Re: Need Opinions?

• Im 32 years old. My youngest child will be 10 years old in March 2021. The day she was born, I had my tubes tied, cut and burned because she's my 3rd surviving child. I had a miscarriage before she was conceived and had another miscarriage back in May 2020. 9 months after my daughter was born, I had the Novasure- Uterine Ablation done to help with my periods because they were so heavy. They since then have been only spotting here and there but always on a regular schedule or cycle each month. Well my most recent period (first day of my last period was 10/27/2020 and lasted until 10/30/2020). Well my next period was suppose to start 11/21/2020, but 5 days later on 11/26 I started to spot very lite to the point I only needed a panty liner. Spotting was on and off and lasted only 3 days, each day I only used a panty liner. Well 12/2/2020 I went to the ER because I was in major pain. My urine + blood results were both Negative, but they did an ultrasound which showed a gestational sac which appears to show signs of pregnancy. Of course its too early to tell from what the tech said, and there isn't a heartbeat just yet from what the technician said to me. She did both an abdominal and trans vaginal ultrasound and both showed same results. The tech said I am pregnant, but the emergency doc told me I am not, but they recommend me making an appointment with my OB soon, which I called that day to schedule, but they told me my OB wont be back from vacation until this Tuesday. They said I am not able to schedule anything sooner with another OB physician in the same office because the OB who is on vacation is the only one they want me to see once he comes back from vacation. Could I really be pregnant? The ultrasound doesn't lie, but How is the blood work and urine negative, but ultrasound is showing pregnancy.
    The US shows a gestational sac and possible you are to early to have th pregnancy detected. Get in with your doctor and see what they say after he gets back from vacation.  This is the best path you can go down.  We can not tell you if you are pregnant and its against the rules to ask if you are. 
  • A GS will not be seen on a transvaginal ultrasound until HCG is 1000. You cannot be pregnant with a negative blood test. And an intrauterine pregnancy cannot be confirmed via ultrasound until there is a yolk sac and fetal pole. A sac without those could be a pregnancy but could also be an endometrial cyst. 
    Now, you could have been pregnant and had a miscarriage, but it would be rare for HCG to go back to 0 and the sac to still be present.  
    Follow up with your doctor 
  • Loading the player...
  • An ultrasound tech absolutely cannot diagnose pregnancy. If they did, that is a huge no-no! They cannot give “results” for ANYTHING because of potential incorrect interpretations. Trust your MD and follow their recommendations. I’m sorry if the US tech said that to you.  
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker