edited December 2020 in May 2021 Moms
Estimated Due Date / Weeks + Days: FTM/STM/STM+:  
Team Green/Pink/Blue/Finding Out:  
Interesting Baby Fact / Baby is the size of:  
Upcoming appointments:  
How are you feeling?  
Rants/Raves:  
Questions:  
GTKY: What is your proudest accomplishment to date?

Re: Week 2 (5/8-5/14) check-in - w/o 12/7

• Estimated Due Date / Weeks + Days: FTM/STM/STM+:  18w1d - STM+
    Team Green/Pink/Blue/Finding Out:  Team Blue!
    Interesting Baby Fact / Baby is the size of:  A gameboy!
    Upcoming appointments:  Anatomy scan on Dec 21st
    How are you feeling?  I'm feeling pretty good! My main symptoms now are random pelvic/back pain, waking up eleventy billion times a night, and starting to get some reflux if I eat certain things.  I'm not going to complain, though, because I'm just so happy to be past the nausea! 
    Rants/Raves:  I mentioned this in the random thread, but we sorted through and separated baby clothes this weekend! I'm thrilled!
    Questions:  None at the moment!
    GTKY: What is your proudest accomplishment to date? So far, raising two sweet boys that aren't embarrassing when we take them places! 
    *Loss 8/2014*
    *Rainbow 8/2015*
    *Expected Rainbows 12/2018*
    *Loss of Twin 5/2018*

• Estimated Due Date / Weeks + Days: FTM/STM/STM+:  5/8, 18+2
    Team Green/Pink/Blue/Finding Out:  Blue x2!
    Interesting Baby Fact / Baby is the size of:  a sugar glider
    Upcoming appointments:  None this week. OB check up and early glucose next week!
    How are you feeling?  Better? Still nauseous but not nearly as bad (although it kind of comes and goes so not in the clear yet). Last night's headache seems to be fading. This pregnancy is already so much harder on my body though! It's funny because today I'm basically the same weight I was when I got pregnant (I had lost about 6-8lbs which all came back very quickly once I could eat more than a few bites again) but my bump is already giant and heavy and any little thing i do on my feet just takes me out! 
    Rants/Raves:  USPS definitely lost the play tent I got for my daughter for Christmas. I ordered a back up on amazon but I'm annoyed because it's $20 more expensive. It's been two weeks since the first once shipped and a week since USPS tracking has updated (it got to my city and then disappeared back "in transit") so I'm contacting Nordstrom today for a refund and I'm just super grouchy about it. Also the first thing I had to deal with at work today was a co-worker pissing me off.
    Questions:  Nope!
    GTKY: What is your proudest accomplishment to date? I didn't think I really had any but when I really think about it I have a few:

1) Turning this job into my career and being here for as long as I have been (I grew up with a mom who constantly went job to job and still does; sometimes due to things out of her control and sometimes she just gets bored and leaves a job before having anything lined up); I have been at my company for almost 10 years and in my position for 7.5 years. I started as office management hired on the spot when I desperately needed a job and was willing to take anything and worked my butt off and got promoted after about 2 years and within a year had completely transformed our contracts system and today I single handedly manage around 1100 contracts.

2) Owning a home. By the time I went to college I had lived in 20+ houses/apartments. We constantly moved around when I was growing up (nope, not military and didn't move for work; they were pretty much all within the same city/county). My family didn't own a home until I was in 8th grade and became renters again when I was a senior in high school. My husband and I were able to buy a home 7 years ago right before the market here went crazy and we have no plans to move any time soon. If we hadn't bought then, we likely would still be renting. 

3) Growing/raising my daughter. She's only 3 (just shy of) but I'm already so proud of her and hopefully can keep from screwing her up too bad lol.
  • Loading the player...
  • Estimated Due Date / Weeks + Days: FTM/STM/STM+: FTM / EDD 5/14
    Team Green/Pink/Blue/Finding Out: Team Blue
    Interesting Baby Fact / Baby is the size of:  Baby's foot is the size of a gummy bear 😍
    Upcoming appointments: 12/30 for 20 wk a/s
    How are you feeling? Great, back to my old self. Got in 4 workouts last week and did my big Sunday cooking sesh that I used to do to prep for the week. 
    Rants/Raves: Rave that technology let us join a baby shower for friends in Spain yesterday. They're 3 months ahead of us with their first and having a baby girl. Was so nice to see them and some other friends who were on the Zoom.
    Questions: For ladies who have worked with birth doulas: did you also do any prenatal/childbirth classes? The doula I'm interviewing today has classes / 1:1 with her clients ahead of time (as well as lactation consultation and postpartum check-ins) that look like they cover all the same things that our OB practices' childbirth classes cover, so feeling like I might skip additional classes.
    GTKY: What is your proudest accomplishment to date? Tie between finishing a mentally and emotionally challenging grad program and closing a monster deal at the end of 2018 that took ~18 months. The deal wasn't just professionally gratifying, it also meant a huge amount of revenue for my company, and allowed me to meet a lot of my own personal financial goals. 
  • *lurking*
    @ec1212 I did with my first. But that's because my doula recommended it, the 1 on 1 she offered was mostly on coping mechanisms, and to practice breathing. The course I attended covered a lot more, such as the stages of labor, what pain management tools the hospital offered, and what interventions may be necessary.
    But as we are continually learning every one has their own way of doing things, if she gave you an agenda that looks like everything is already covered than I would say you can skip it. But also, feel free to ask her, she may think it's a good idea anyway, or reassure you it's a waste of time.
  • Estimated Due Date / Weeks + Days: 18w today
     FTM/STM/STM+:   FTM
    Team Green/Pink/Blue/Finding Out:   Team green
    Interesting Baby Fact / Baby is the size of:   an artichoke! 
    Upcoming appointments:   anatomy scan on December 21
    How are you feeling?   Feeling good! My current worst symptom is pain in my hip from side sleeping. 
    Rants/Raves:   Rave! The last week or so we’ve started actually spreading the news about baby, and the outpouring of excitement and joy has brought so much comfort to me throughout an otherwise anxiety-filled pregnancy. Just this morning my mom’s coworker gave her a sweet card and little baby blanket! She barely knows me at all. It’s just so heartwarming! So I’m raving about the goodness of our family and friends! 
    Questions:   When side sleeping, do you worry if you accidentally find yourself on your back? What sort of pillow configurations can prevent that? 
    GTKY: What is your proudest accomplishment to date? This is tough! I’m proud of small things more than big ones. It’s more that I’m proud of getting to where I am despite obstacles—my marriage, job, this pregnancy. But specifically, I guess I’m extremely proud of how my husband and I have worked through training our very anxious dog. We spent so much time and energy and money to totally revamp our relationship with the dog, and he’s happier and healthier for it. It probably sounds strange but if you’ve ever had a dog with severe behavioral problems, I think you’ll understand! 
  • Estimated Due Date / Weeks + Days: 18 weeks 3 days
      FTM/STM/STM+:   STM
    Team Green/Pink/Blue/Finding Out:   Pink!
    Interesting Baby Fact / Baby is the size of:   grapefruit
    Upcoming appointments:   anatomy scan on 12/18!
    How are you feeling?    Pretty good in general, no real complaints at the moment. 
    Rants/Raves:   baby is very wiggly! I don’t remember feeling movement so frequently at this stage last time. 
    Questions:   none but @ec1212 I preferred looking to childbirth classes that were not led by the hospital just because I felt they were more focused on the birthing person rather than being a patient, but certainly a personal preference. If your doula is familiar with your hospital they may have some insight on the quality of their classes too. 
    @ccmrc143 I have been finding myself sleeping on my back quite a bit. I try not worry about it because I figure I’m waking up for a reason, so I’ll just roll over. Maybe putting a pillow behind your back to keep you from rolling completely flat? 
    GTKY: What is your proudest accomplishment to date? I would say breaking (or working on breaking) a long line of generational trauma, setting firm boundaries based on my instinct, getting as far as I have in my career even though a lot of my motivation was to prove people wrong, and trusting myself to raise 2 girls after spending most of my life without a mother-daughter relationship of my own.