May 2021 Moms
Options

WTF Wednesday 12/2

mrosek91mrosek91 member
edited December 2020 in May 2021 Moms
I feel bad I keep creating the complaining threads but I guess I need them this week...
These Wednesday Humpday Memes Will Hopefully Make The Week Speed By -  Humpday Hell  Memes

Re: WTF Wednesday 12/2

• Options
    I'm on our bi-weekly manager call, and one of our manager's wife is due in April, so we were discussing timing of his paternity leave (they get 4 weeks that can be used a week at a time any time in the first year.) One of the Sr. Managers told him it "doesn't look good if you take it all at once." The director and I were both like what are you saying?! A few minutes later he said he was just joking, and I know our director must have yelled at him on our office chat. He's known for teasing a lot but I could tell he was serious.
    This is part of what's wrong with this country! 
  • Options
    @mrosek91 amen. One thing I love about the past couple companies I've worked for is that male employees take their leave (even our CEO took his) - usually their full leave - and one company even set a new nationwide standard by providing the same amount of leave to all parents regardless of gender or whether it was birth vs. adoption.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    In a similar topic, I had an exploratory phone call with a potential candidate to our job opening to work with me and at the same time, be my replacement when I'm on mat leave, which is a full year here. My boss basically told me to try to figure out if she was planning on getting pregnant this year... 
  • Options
    @mimser hoping that’s as illegal in Canada as it is here. 😕 Sorry she put you in that position. 
  • Options
    @ec1212 it definitely is. I know the girl who applied from university, so it kind of came to the topic that she was now single so I reported that to my boss. I think she would do a great job so in a way I was happy this would reassure my boss, but if I had gotten the feeling that she might plan to start a family soon I would not have mentioned it to my boss, as I wouldn't want it to be a (very illegal!!) roadblock.

They asked me when they hired me and ai just lied about it 🤷‍♀️ Also didn't really respect the fact that they even asked
  • Options
    Don’t feel bad. Complaining is good for you, gotta vent sometimes!

Also, just one more reason I lived in Canada. My teenager is convinced that she will be moving to Canada after college. 

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

• Options
    I stepped on an earring, and it had a long post, that stabbed my foot. My kids decided to use it as a ‘safety pin’ and it fell off and they left it on the kitchen floor. Post up. Ouch 😣 wtf?! Who does that? 

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

• Options
    @yellingbanana Oh no! Ouch! Rehome them.  You're growing a new one, lol!
    *Loss 8/2014*
    *Rainbow 8/2015*
    *Expected Rainbows 12/2018*
    *Loss of Twin 5/2018*