May 2021 Moms
Options

PGAL Check-in 12/02

This thread is for anyone who has experienced loss at any point in pregnancy or experienced the loss of a child. ((Please feel free to share your loss story if you haven’t already.))

How far along are you? 

How are you feeling (symptoms, mentally/emotionally)? 

Any upcoming appointments? 

GTKY: Favorite CD of all time? ((Yes I’m showing my age))

Re: PGAL Check-in 12/02

• Options
    How far along are you? 17w3d

How are you feeling (symptoms, mentally/emotionally)? I'm doing good for the most part! PGAL brain is still there, so I randomly get worried for no real reason.  I have a doppler, so when I'm feeling especially anxious, I'll take a listen.  That being said, it's getting harder to find the heartbeat, but I can hear him kicking the doppler and swishing around in there.  I think I'll start feeling a bit better when I feel more distinct and constant movement.  Come on viability! 

Any upcoming appointments? My AS is December 21st!

GTKY: Favorite CD of all time? Oh man, probably my George Strait Greatest Hits.
    *Loss 8/2014*
    *Rainbow 8/2015*
    *Expected Rainbows 12/2018*
    *Loss of Twin 5/2018*

• Options
    @texas_t agreed about the random PGAL brain, but i actually feel it affecting me LESS than i thought it would.  i didnt even think of the doppler picking up movement.  i was hesistant about getting one in case heartbeat wasnt easy to find, but here you are convincing me again i should just get it!

How far along are you? 15+3

How are you feeling (symptoms, mentally/emotionally)? tired, cranky, but super excited because i am really starting to tell people and i have a little bump!

Any upcoming appointments? 12/23

GTKY: Favorite CD of all time? ((Yes I’m showing my age))   ooooh love this.  tragic kingdom from no doubt.  it might not have been my favorite at the time (my older sister gifted to me), but its stood the test of time and i still love it.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    How far along are you? 17 weeks 3 days

How are you feeling (symptoms, mentally/emotionally)? Pretty good, on and off anxiety because sometimes I feel totally
    normal, but I have felt quite a bit of movement over the past few days which is great. Wanting to get back to regular chiropractor appointments but definitely going to wait a couple months & try to work through it with yoga until then. 

Any upcoming appointments? Had an appointment with my home midwife today and anatomy scan with my OB coming up on 12/18. I’m already finding that I’m anxious about planning out the best time to go to the hospital/birth plan stuff but I will be like this for the next 20 weeks so 🤷🏻‍♀️ Sometimes I wish I could just plan to hide in a dark corner by myself and just have the baby.

GTKY: Favorite CD of all time? ((Yes I’m showing my age))
    Another vote for No Doubt Tragic Kingdom! It was the first cd I ever bought and ska Gwen Stefani is my spirit animal @asf0613
    Also the Wallflowers Bringing Down the Horse and Brand New Your Favorite Weapon just based on # of times I just have listened to each! 
  • Options
    How far along are you? 16w2d

How are you feeling (symptoms, mentally/emotionally)? I feel pretty good! I'm feeling reassured because I just had a scan last week and have another next week. But then I have to wait 3 weeks 😬😅 and that one won't be a cervical lenght scan. So I think I should feel pretty good for the next 2 weeks, if everything keeps going well obviously, then I don't know, it might start to get tough, I don't know. As @texas_t mentioned, "Come on viability ". I really see the sky as being bright blue after 24 weeks! And i also agree with you @ckmb_1250, I sometimes wish I could just hide, wait for time to pass and then just have the baby.

Any upcoming appointments? December 8 - Cervical lenght ultrasound / December 11 - Flu shot / December 29 - Anatomy scan / January 8 - High risk OB 

GTKY: Favorite CD of all time? ((Yes I’m showing my age)) Tough call! I think maybe Simple Plan's No pads no helmets just balls. Not that it's the greatest music, but it's the one I've played the most! It's funny @ckmb_1250 I listened to a Brand New playlist on YouTube last week end! It was nice high school memories!