May 2021 Moms
Options

⛄Week 2 (5/8-5/14) check-in - w/o Nov. 30

Hi Week 2 mamas! Posting early 'cause I have an appointment in the morning. Hope everyone who celebrated had a great Thanksgiving!
Estimated Due Date / Weeks + Days:
FTM/STM/STM+:
Team Green/Pink/Blue/Finding Out:
Interesting Baby Fact / Baby is the size of:
Upcoming appointments:
How are you feeling?
Rants/Raves:
Questions:
GTKY - If you and your s/o exchange gifts, what is the funniest gift your partner has gotten for you?:

Re: ⛄Week 2 (5/8-5/14) check-in - w/o Nov. 30

• Options
    Estimated Due Date / Weeks + Days: 17w1d
    FTM/STM/STM+: STM+
    Team Green/Pink/Blue/Finding Out: Team Blue!
    Interesting Baby Fact / Baby is the size of: a Taco
    Upcoming appointments: Not until December 21st!
    How are you feeling? I'm doing pretty good! I got a lot of rest over the holiday!
    Rants/Raves: I posted this in the Velociraptor thread, but a close friend surprised me with an elective ultrasound on Friday (including a heartbeat animal  :'() and we received glaring confirmation that we are, indeed, having a boy! I couldn't be more thrilled!
    Questions: None that I can think of!
    GTKY - If you and your s/o exchange gifts, what is the funniest gift your partner has gotten for you?: Man, my husband is a really good gift giver, so I don't think I've ever really received anything humorous! 
    *Loss 8/2014*
    *Rainbow 8/2015*
    *Expected Rainbows 12/2018*
    *Loss of Twin 5/2018*

• Options
    Estimated Due Date / Weeks + Days: 17+2
    FTM/STM/STM+: STM
    Team Green/Pink/Blue/Finding Out: Blue x2! 
    Interesting Baby Fact / Baby is the size of: a chipmunk.
    Upcoming appointments: None for a couple of weeks. 
    How are you feeling? Meh. Still nauseous most of the time and getting some SPD which makes it uncomfortable to get up from sitting/lying down and also major constipation. Pregnancy is fun!
    Rants/Raves: Rave: I knocked out most of the Christmas shopping for our kid. Rant(s): one of her presents was supposed to be delivered today. It arrived in our city on Friday and is now showing as "in transit, arriving late" which makes me concerned that it's been lost and it's one of the things I was most excited about so I'm going to be super pissed if it doesn't show up (it's now out of stock and was on sale when I bought it). Also, we still have 0 idea what we're getting my in-laws and they're about to just get a gift card to a nice restaurant because I'm over it and like having my Christmas shopping done no later than the first week of December.
    Questions: Nope.
    GTKY - If you and your s/o exchange gifts, what is the funniest gift your partner has gotten for you?: Nothing too humorous although sometimes he'll make me homemade cards to go with my gifts that are funny. He did get me a teddy bear for our very first Valentine's Day that holds a heart that says "Shit bitch you is fine" which always makes me laugh!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @gusgus14 that teddy bear sounds hilarious!!
    @texas_t I got my own "glaring" confirmation today. 😂

Estimated Due Date / Weeks + Days: 16+3!
    FTM/STM/STM+: FTM
    Team Green/Pink/Blue/Finding Out: Definitively Team Blue ... saw all his twigs and berries today for myself!
    Interesting Baby Fact / Baby is the size of: An avocado ... my fave. Tech said he weighs about 6 oz.!
    Upcoming appointments: 16 wk anatomy scan today went great (deets in Appointments thread) and 16 wk OB check up tomorrow.
    How are you feeling? So relieved. I've mentioned that I haven't been feeling much in the way of symptoms lately...other than being tired and a couple of bouts of headaches and constipation, it's been really quiet. It was hard going 5 weeks without an appointment but now that I've seen him again and heard his heartbeat, I'm going to try my best to relax and enjoy second tri. and feel lucky that no other nasties have kicked in yet.
    Rants/Raves: Living in an alternate universe where my hubby finished his Christmas shopping before me, but I got mine done over the weekend and am all ready to order our Christmas cards tonight. We put our tree up on Friday. I'm feeling extremely jolly. 🎅🏽

Oh! I finally found a maternity bra I like [link] ! It's exactly like the ones I mainly wore pre-pregnancy (and that I just caved and bought in a bigger size since none of the wireless maternity ones were doing it for me) but they have the nursing clips so I can use these after if they still fit. And bonus that they cost half what my regular bras cost.

Questions: NATM
    GTKY - If you and your s/o exchange gifts, what is the funniest gift your partner has gotten for you?:
    For my bday a few weeks ago, my hubby got me these super long silicone straws. I complained so much during first tri about being so tired I couldn't even sit up to drink water, and would joke about finding a giant twirly straw that would reach me from the side table...so it was a surprise and super funny/thoughtful that he got the longest straws he could find.
  • Options
    Estimated Due Date / Weeks + Days:  17+1
    FTM/STM/STM+: FTM 
    Team Green/Pink/Blue/Finding Out:  Team green! 
    Interesting Baby Fact / Baby is the size of: a pomegranate
    Upcoming appointments: Had OB telehealth on Monday (shared in appointments thread) and then my anatomy scan Dec 21. 
    How are you feeling?  I’m feeling ok! Less achy than I was, but still uncomfortable trying to sleep. 
    Rants/Raves: I’m not feeling energized enough to find a rant or a rave haha 
    Questions:  NATM
    GTKY - If you and your s/o exchange gifts, what is the funniest gift your partner has gotten for you?: Haha well when we first started dating he found out that I sleep with earplugs...so he got me a huge box of construction-worker ear plugs! It’s hilarious and weird but I’m still using them 5 years later!!