February 2021 Moms
Options

Weekly randoms 11/30

Re: Weekly randoms 11/30

• Options
    My 4yo asked for an American Girl doll from Santa. I was able to find the one she asked for barely touched on eBay from an adult collector for a great deal. So the doll came today and I am DEFINITELY living vicariously through my kid!  :D I will be playing with this doll until Christmas, it's safe to say. She's so cute.
    Rainbow Baby? {2.1.21}
    MC at 8 weeks {EDD 9.2.20}
    Rainbow Girl! {2.28.16}Pregnancy Ticker
    Baby boy, lost at 16 weeks {EDD 6.10.15}

• Options
    @adorebel which one?! I had a Samantha and a custom looks-like-me one that I was obsessed with. I spent many christmas seasons circling the American Girl catalog for accessories I wanted from Santa!
    Me: 31 Husby: 36
    Married May 2014
    TTC # 2  Since December 2021
    Baby girl W born 2/2021
    Our journey so far...
    (tw loss & infertility)
    Diagnosis: Poor Egg Quality 
    Working with an RE since March 2016
    2 failed TI cycles
    3 failed IUI cycles

IVF Feb - April 2017
    23 eggs collected, 20 mature, 14 fertilized with ICSI, 4 day 3 blasts, 3 day 5 blasts, 1 PGS normal
    Transferred 1 PGS normal embryo 4.12.17
    BFP 4.21.17
    MMC due to small gestational sac 6.8.17

Our adoption journey:
    12.25.18 Agency picked and apps submitted!
    5.1.19 Adoption on hold so we can buy a house! 
    1.1.20 Homestudy process started
    3.14.20 First social worker visit
    5.25.20 Homestudy Approved & Submitted to Agency

6.1.20 Surprise! Positive pregnancy test!
    Healthy baby girl born 2/10/2021

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I was obsessed with Molly!
  • Options
    @adorebel Oh man, I wanted one soooo badly when I was young so I can't wait to get one for my little one. I'm already dreaming about which historical doll I'm going to buy - and my daughter isn't even born yet  :D 
  • Options
    WildMageletWildMagelet member
    edited November 2020
    @adorebel @tamalahoops I had a custom AG doll when I was little that I loved. I was also super into the magazine (also: Highlights). My cousins were really into it too so my aunt would make us cute clothes for them.

I finally got an interview offer for a promotion I applied for back in July. The scheduler is going to have to call me back because they didn’t designate enough time slots for the people they offered interviews to. 😂 (And still nothing on the job I applied for in January.)
    Me: 34 | DH: 46
    SD: 21 & SS: 17
    BFP #2 6/3/2020

*Trigger Warning*
    TTC 6/13/2015 | BFP #1 5/14/2017 | MMC 7/28/2017 (Trisomy 18) | IL + D&C 8/4/2017

• Options
    adorebeladorebel member
    edited December 2020
    My daughter picked Melody, the Detroit Motown character, and I am HERE for the great 60s outfits. The positive Civil Rights message will be a good lesson from history too!

I desperately wanted Kirsten but had a "lookalike" that wasn't from American Girl as a kid. I circled many things in the catalogue, especially the Santa Lucia Christmas outfit, which I never got, so I think somehow finding the real thing for my kid is me working out my childhood longings lol. 
    Rainbow Baby? {2.1.21}

• Options
    tamalahoopstamalahoops member
    edited December 2020
    @adorebel literally the only thing I wanted for years was a wheelchair for my lookalike. I have no idea why. But I was thrilled when my mom finally caved. 

I hope my girl will be interested in them! I started with a bitty baby so I'll probably start her with one of those in a few years.

Edited to add: melody is so cute. Her outfits are amazing.
    Me: 31 Husby: 36
    Married May 2014
    TTC # 2  Since December 2021
    Baby girl W born 2/2021
    Our journey so far...
    (tw loss & infertility)
    Diagnosis: Poor Egg Quality 
    Working with an RE since March 2016
    2 failed TI cycles
    3 failed IUI cycles

IVF Feb - April 2017
    23 eggs collected, 20 mature, 14 fertilized with ICSI, 4 day 3 blasts, 3 day 5 blasts, 1 PGS normal
    Transferred 1 PGS normal embryo 4.12.17
    BFP 4.21.17
    MMC due to small gestational sac 6.8.17

Our adoption journey:
    12.25.18 Agency picked and apps submitted!
    5.1.19 Adoption on hold so we can buy a house! 
    1.1.20 Homestudy process started
    3.14.20 First social worker visit
    5.25.20 Homestudy Approved & Submitted to Agency

6.1.20 Surprise! Positive pregnancy test!
    Healthy baby girl born 2/10/2021

• Options
    I had a lookalike with all of the Samantha accessories. My dad, who is an idiot, got my daughter a lookalike two years ago that looks nothing like her. She doesn’t care. I feel bad though because she asked for the washer and dryer from the catalog and I’m like that’s .... very expensive no. I do like that you can buy all of the our generation stuff from target and it’s relatively cheaper (except the big stuff). 
  • Options
    I didn't realize there's so many girls now! Back when I ordered mine was right around the time they came out with Josefina.
    Me: 34 | DH: 46
    SD: 21 & SS: 17
    BFP #2 6/3/2020

*Trigger Warning*
    TTC 6/13/2015 | BFP #1 5/14/2017 | MMC 7/28/2017 (Trisomy 18) | IL + D&C 8/4/2017

• Options
    @adorebel Melody is a great choice! So many great outfits too!! 

@WildMagelet There are so many new girls! Although I do miss some of the older girls that got retired! I know I can't really shop for one now - but I get a kick out of looking at all the new choices! Honestly I'll probably start her off with one of the baby dolls first - she won't be old enough for a historical character for a loooooong time still! 
  • Options
    @sprilly my daughter LOVED her Corolle Mon Premier Petite Poupon baby doll from ages 2 until now! It's about $36, so if you want to save some money over the AG bitty baby...
    Rainbow Baby? {2.1.21}

• Options
    adorebel said:
    @sprilly my daughter LOVED her Corolle Mon Premier Petite Poupon baby doll from ages 2 until now! It's about $36, so if you want to save some money over the AG bitty baby...
    Oh those look perfect! The right size for her to start with for sure. Thank you for the recommendation!