February 2021 Moms

Re: Weekly Randoms 11/23

• Is anyone snagging any Black Friday deals this week?

We are staying home for thanksgiving to be safe and I’m a little bummed about it but I’m really sad that my husband wants to cancel Christmas. I’m trying to convince him we don’t need to skip that too.
  • @babymamadimo honestly I don’t think there’s too much Christmas shopping that I have left to do besides filling MH’s stocking and a few things for the boys’ stockings. 
  • Loading the player...
  • I’ve been shopping online basically daily!

we are planning on doing maternity/family pictures on Friday. We are skipping my family thanksgiving cuz my mom wanted to cancel and I’m not sure if we are still doing our “early Christmas” with DHs family on December 5 or not

I am proud of myself for completing all my to do list tasks this weekend!
    i made Shirts on my Cricut, starting working on the baby name sign for the nursery, cleaned up the nursery and folded clothes and stuff (still have more to organize and decorating to do)
    also finally moved my couch and swept under it! 😬😬 i usually sweep under it every Monday but haven’t in a while because motivation 
  • I've been shopping every day too! I actually just bought our stroller! I had registered for the uppababy Vista V2, but just found the 2019 version for $270 cheaper. Based on some research, it didn't seem THAT different, and at that savings, I couldn't resist. I plan to keep my eyes peeled for other things on my registry throughout the week! 
  • @babymamadimo I feel you on being bummed about holidays. Before we canceled Thanksgiving I kept telling MH I'd be fine no matter what and I'd find something else to get excited about. And then the moment we canceled I started crying and it's been like a day and a half of waterworks. We will get through this though! MH and I mostly talk about what we're most excited for next year when we get to do things without COVID-fear and every event is going to be a huge blast.
  • I am done with shopping for the kids. Just wanna find something for my mom and something else for hubby. I've been watching online sales like crazy.
  • I am so envious of everyone that is done shopping! I am just starting my shopping and it has all been online. My husband and I are going to do some in person shopping tomorrow and have a babysitter come over.
  • I am going to buy the kids stuff on Monday. I’ve gotten their stocking stuff and some gifts but only a couple. My husband,  I started on but will also finish Monday I hope! Then I need to order gifts for our nephew and the kids two cousins but that’s where it ends for me this year. 

• My new pants finally arrived!!!!! I ordered from Preggo Leggings I got some of their black leggings which are really comfy, some pants and jammies!!! Now I'm ready to go out in public tomorrow for DD2's ENT appointment 🤣
  • I can’t tell you how many times I’ve told My 6 year old that the baby in the pregnancy+ app isn’t the actual baby in my belly. Tonight she was looking at it and touching the pic which is interactive and the baby on the screen moves. “Did you feel that? What about that?”
  • Both of my boys are snuggled up watching the Masked Singer with me and I have all the feels about it and where I’m going to fit the third kiddo. 😂
  • I'll call your "finished Christmas shopping" and raise you to "3/4 wrapped" and "1/2 delivered."

SD is coming over for her birthday tomorrow. She specifically has been distancing so she can see us before the rest of her family that came in from out of state <3 After that, our self-imposed isolation starts. I'm bummed about the lack of in-person holidays, but we can always Skype, Zoom, or Facetime to get some face-time in.
    Me: 34 | DH: 46
    SD: 21 & SS: 17
    BFP #2 6/3/2020

*Trigger Warning*
    TTC 6/13/2015 | BFP #1 5/14/2017 | MMC 7/28/2017 (Trisomy 18) | IL + D&C 8/4/2017

• Anyone else really suffering from pregnancy brain?  I machine dried a sweater that was supposed to dry flat and put the recycling out on the wrong day. That was just yesterday. I feel like I can’t remember anything. 
  • @moguippy yup. 

@WildMagelet well I am jealous 🤪
  • @moguippy the other day I was at home and couldn't find my phone and my husband found it in the cupholder in my car - where I had also just LEFT THE DOOR open after getting out
  • @moguippy ugh, so much pregnancy brain!
  • Pregnancy brain is a real thing!!!!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • moguippymoguippy member
    edited November 2020
    I finally remembered what I needed at the store the other day (clear packing tape) and I know there was at least one other thing that I still can’t remember. Today I forgot my wallet when I drove to my parents and back. Luckily I didn’t get pulled over. I forgot what my mom mad I were talking about every time my DS interrupted us. I forgot to ask my dad a question while I was there. I forgot to send a check to the daycare lady 2 weeks in a  row.  It’s like non stop my brain is crap.
  • I just started baking my pie and it takes an hour 😭 good thing I can try and sleep in tomorrow. Apple pie with a cheddar crust (pic in spoiler before baking)

• @jumpy57 she’s a beauty! 
  • @jumpy57 - Gorgeous! I couldn't bake anything that pretty to save my life. 
    BFP #2 6/3/2020

*Trigger Warning*
    TTC 6/13/2015 | BFP #1 5/14/2017 | MMC 7/28/2017 (Trisomy 18) | IL + D&C 8/4/2017

• Well MH is back to working from home which is both nice and incredibly frustrating. 🤣 At least for the next two weeks. 

Also I feel like 30+3 was too early for baby to drop but it definitely feels like he has and it.is.so.uncomfortable. Hope everyone had good Thanksgivings. I kind of love it when it’s just the four of us for holidays anyway. But we live on the opposite side of the country from both of our families so it’s not the first time. 
  • Finally checking in here after not logging on for a couple of days! I hope y'all had a really relaxing and enjoyable Thanksgiving. My feet are really tired from holiday baking for four days straight, but it's been great having H home to play with DS so that I can really focus on deep cleaning the house and cooking a bunch. I feel like I'm really getting into the nesting groove this weekend and it's a good feeling.

Anyone interested in a GTKY thread of favorite ornaments? I love seeing peoples' ornaments and hearing the stories behind them, but not sure if that's just my weird thing or if it's universally enjoyed. LOL
  • @mdfarmchick I’m in the same boat about baby dropping. I had an ultrasound on Wednesday and he is so low that they said he is almost touching my cervix. No wonder I feel like a 5lb flour sack is on my bladder all the time!

@hannahbananas11 I also love ornaments. My tree is made of sentimental ornaments...far from a Pinterest perfect tree
  • I really want to do Spinning Babies but I have a hard time following what they mean in their free written instructions sometimes - has anyone bought the video for $27, and was it worth it? I don't really want to spend money on a ten minute video, especially if it's just an infomercial to spend money on something else (like an in-person class, or another video).

@hannahbananas11 I would! I don't think I have a favorite one but I'd love to hear about other peoples! 
  • @hannahbananas11 I would love to see what other people’s favorite ornaments are <3

Also, wth do people do with “personal” ornaments that no longer seem relevant?? I don’t feel like my Babys First Christmas ornament from 34 years ago is super needed on my tree anymore 😂
    BFP #2 6/3/2020

*Trigger Warning*

• @hanfam2021 try this video https://youtu.be/fE78iHxnvjs

@hannahbananas11 yes I love decor pictures

@WildMagelet I have no idea what to do with older sentimental ornaments, when you figure it out please let me know 🤣