Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days:
FTM/STM/STM+:
Team Green/Pink/Blue/Finding Out:
Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of:
Upcoming appointments:
How are you feeling?:
Rants/Raves:
Questions:
GTKY: Here's a controversial one - Turkey - love the taste? or just because it's tradition?

Re: Week 4+ (5/22 to 5/31) due dates check in w/o 11/23

• Options
    Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days: 5/23 14+1
    FTM/STM/STM+: STM
    Team Green/Pink/Blue/Finding Out: Finding out next Friday
    Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of: a hamster
    Upcoming appointments: next Friday I have 2 
    How are you feeling?: Okay today, I was nauseated this weekend
    Rants/Raves: see randoms
    Questions: are y'all doing anything special for gender reveal.  I want to do something with my 4 year old, I'm just not sure what.  
    GTKY: Here's a controversial one - Turkey - love the taste? or just because it's tradition? I love turkey.  I was craving it earlier this month and couldn't find what I wanted. 

TTC #1 since August 2015
    BFP #1 January 28, 2016
    EDD October 3, 2016
    Felicity Joy, born September 2, 2016
    My Chart
    TTC #2 Since August 2020
    BFP #2 September 11, 2020
    EDD May 23, 2021

• Options
    Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days: 14 weeks today
    FTM/STM/STM+: stm
    Team Green/Pink/Blue/Finding Out: team green
    Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of: troll doll
    Upcoming appointments: televisit dec 21dt and 20 week ultrasound jan 6th
    How are you feeling?: good
    Rants/Raves: natm
    Questions: natm
    GTKY: Here's a controversial one - Turkey - love the taste? or just because it's tradition? just because it's tradition, but I love stuffing and leftover sandwiches
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days: June 6 / Week 12 day 1
    Team Green/Pink/Blue/Finding Out: finding out
    Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of: Back to a Roborovski hamster 😅
    Upcoming appointments: End of December 
    How are you feeling?: OK, but occasionally having a weird aversion to single grain carbs, especially if I have too much to eat and they're a little mushy. It's happened with oatmeal, elbow macaroni and rice. 

Rants/Raves: We needed a toddler seat for our baby so the new baby can take the old one, its good until 2022. So I started researching and looking online. My husband said he'd ask a friend, who has 3 kids under 5 and had been giving away baby stuff.

So my husband sent me a picture and the first thing I thought was, that looks similar to my brother old car seat, and wow I didn't know they still make car seats like that anymore. So my husband went to pick it up and had it practically installed before I even had time to process it. I was planning on using the current seat as long as possible. The thing is, my husband doesn't respect car seats. He says they're for North Americans and no-one uses them here anyways. (The people who picked me up on my first day had a two year old in the back seat without a seat belt. You actually feel judged if you use a seatbelt in the backseat. 😬)

So as long as it's buckled in and the baby is buckled in he thinks it's fine. And if I get too pushy we fight. I like following the regulations and having all the buckles snug. So going back to the new car seat. Our friends are well off so I wasn't worried and went to check the expiration date. I couldn't find it. The closest I got was a belt tag with June 96! I looked up the make and model and turns out the last one was made in 2002 and it probably is the same type that my brother used. Meaning our friends used an expired car seat for all their kids and passed it onto us. 20+ years expired. 🤪 And all my husband says is, well they used it and it's better than nothing. 🤨 I can't get over the fact its so old. 

Questions: NATM

GTKY: Turkey - taste or tradition
    Probably taste, although due to the tradition they are super cheap during Thanksgiving and December, so we always ate multiple turkeys during December and January, since my Mom is a great cook and we have a large family. White meat all the way! 
  • Options
    Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days: 14+2
    FTM/STM/STM+: FTM
    Team Green/Pink/Blue/Finding Out: Blue!
    Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of: a beet
    Upcoming appointments: tomorrow for a checkup
    How are you feeling?: tired, and super cranky.  could be hormones, could be work.  its one of those weeks!!
    Rants/Raves: ugh i have had ZERO time this week for anything besides work.  cant wait til friday when i can just relax!
    Questions: none ATM
    GTKY: Here's a controversial one - Turkey - love the taste? or just because it's tradition? i dont care for it personally, but i like using leftovers in wraps
  • Options
    Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days: 13w2d
    Team Green/Pink/Blue/Finding Out: Blue
    Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of: pocketwatch
    Upcoming appointments: NT scan tomorrow!
    How are you feeling?: exhausted, not as nauseated but sometimes, 
    Rants/Raves: My stupid husband doesn't want to talk names until "next year." WTF. I want to name this little dude.
    Questions: natm
    GTKY: Here's a controversial one - Turkey - love the taste? or just because it's tradition? It's okay but I don't love it. My family likes to do a brisket and I love that.

@littlelibelula Ugh my husband doesn't take carseats seriously. He's like "we walked around the backseat and we were fine." Yes, and the people who weren't fine didn't live to reproduce and do better with their kids, so it's up to us. He side-eyed me buying a new booster for my daughter so we could use the convertible for the new baby but whatevs. (We got the Britax Grow with You ClickTight Harness-2-Booster which is still $100 off on Amazon)

• Options
    @queen_frostine That makes me feel better. I thought it was just cultural.

I'm so sorry he doesn't want to talk names. By then you'll  already have a list of top names, pros and cons. He won't know what hit him. 😄
  • Options
    *lurking*
    @queen_frostine you can see my whole rant in the name thread, but my husband won't discuss names until 38 weeks. I already have a boy name and a girl name picked out, and have since long before I got pregnant.
  • Options
    @mrosek91 I had my daughter at 35+6.  My first pregnancy's only complication was GD and I was on insulin.  I would tell him to give in before 38 weeks or you might be making a decision in the hospital.

TTC #1 since August 2015
    BFP #1 January 28, 2016
    EDD October 3, 2016
    Felicity Joy, born September 2, 2016
    My Chart
    TTC #2 Since August 2020
    BFP #2 September 11, 2020
    EDD May 23, 2021

• Options
    Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days: 15w
    FTM/STM/STM+: stm+
    Team Green/Pink/Blue/Finding Out: finding out (hopefully soon!)
    Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of: apple
    Upcoming appointments: Dec 11th
    How are you feeling?: feeling good, just congested a lot
    Rants/Raves: waiting on my NIPT results, had to do the draw again as the first time they didnt take enough blood..
    Questions: none
    GTKY: Here's a controversial one - Turkey - love the taste? or just because it's tradition? Tradition, i really don't care for it, i am hoping to use leftovers for turkey salad sandwiches. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker