May 2021 Moms
Options

AMA/High-Risk Check-in w/o 11/24

mimsermimser member
edited November 2020 in May 2021 Moms
How far along are you?

Ftm/stm/stm+?

How do you feel about pregnancy at this time? Anything different from past, non ama/high risk pregnancies?

Re: AMA/High-Risk Check-in w/o 11/24

• Options
    @mimser Thank you for posting this! It completely slipped my mind!
    *Loss 8/2014*
    *Rainbow 8/2015*
    *Expected Rainbows 12/2018*
    *Loss of Twin 5/2018*

• Options
    @texas_t No worries! I didn't tag everyone though 😬
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    mimsermimser member
    edited November 2020
    How far along are you? 14w6d

Ftm/stm/stm+? FTM with my 20 week boy in my heart 💙

How do you feel about pregnancy at this time? Anything different from past, non ama/high risk pregnancies? I feel ok. I got really  nervous before my ultrasound this morning but all looked good. I look forward to my appointment with MFM on Thursday. All appointments have been very reassuring so far. I feel both reassured and scared that with every week that passes as we get further in this pregnancy and also closer to my last loss term. 

@ccmrc143 At my 12w2d scan they told me I had a complete previa, but didn't say anything about resting. I even asked my surgeon when I got my cerclage 3 days later if it meant anything for the cerclage and she said no since I didn't have any cramping or bleeding. I also did a lot of reading and found that before 20 weeks there's no need to worry or make any changes. (Since you are on moderate bed rest already I would feel confident that things are gonna be ok 😊). I also read that most of the time the placenta will migrate upwards. I had a scan today at 14w6d and the technician was actually surprised I was told I had a complete previa a few weeks ago as it was now not covering the cervix, although just on the edge. She also said they don't diagnose previa or do anything about it before 20 weeks and that in most cases (there are always exceptions) it will move out of the way.
  • Options
    @mimser that’s so helpful, thank you! It’s crazy to see how different doctors handle the same diagnosis. I’m so happy yours is no longer completely covering the cervix! I’ll find out at 20w if mine has made progress. All the research I’ve done aligns with what you’re saying, that there’s not much to do or worry about this early. It’s surprising that he gave me modified bed rest. I’m seeing my real OB on Monday and we’ll see if she has a different recommendation. 
  • Options
    mimsermimser member
    edited November 2020
    @ccmrc143 maybe your modified bed rest has to do with the discomfort you were having. Let us know what your OB says next week! 
  • Options
    How far along are you? 16+4

Ftm/stm/stm+? STM

How do you feel about pregnancy at this time? Anything different from past, non ama/high risk pregnancies? Feeling good about the pregnancy. No issues so far and the only real difference from my first non high risk pregnancy is the hyperemesis and the headaches. 
  • Options
    @mkc3888 I am sorry, that really must be frustrating. Eating is my favorite, lol. But I wish I knew how to help! ❤️ 

How far along are you? 17+4

Ftm/stm/stm+? 4th time mom 

How do you feel about pregnancy at this time? Anything different from past, non ama/high risk pregnancies? My main other risk from AMA was pre-e, so taking aspirin as a precautionary measure. I’m feeling good about this pregnancy overall, but started heavier than with my other pregnancies. I’m trying to be careful of how much and what I eat. Luckily I’m not craving too many sweets! But I am starting to worry about the baby’s heart, which is tilted, and hopefully rights itself by the next ultrasound. 

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

• Options
    How far along are you? 15w

Ftm/stm/stm+? stm+

How do you feel about pregnancy at this time? Anything different from past, non ama/high risk pregnancies? I feel good about this pregnancy, but will feel a lot more confident once i get my NIPT results. This pregnancy has been very different from my others. I never had morning sickness or nausea with them, but with this one i had a lot of nausea which has now mostly subsided. I am dealing with chronic congestion which is really frustrating.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    @yellingbanana - hoping for a great next ultrasound for you and babe!

How far along are you? 17w+5d today

Ftm/stm/stm+? FTM

How do you feel about pregnancy at this time? Anything different from past, non ama/high risk pregnancies? Everything's been going really well! Belly is definitely growing which is fun for me to watch 😊 I had a check in with my hematologist last week and he said my platelet count and everything else are looking great with my lovenox injections. Will get TSH retested soon. Also coming up on my anatomy scan in the next week or two, so looking forward to getting another peek at the babes!