Options

All Trimester Check-in Week of 11/23/20

laurelewlaurelew member
edited November 2020 in Pregnant after IF
  • How far along/EDD?
  • How are you feeling this week?
  • Rants/Raves? Questions?
  • Upcoming appointments?
  • GTKY: What are you thankful for right now? 

Also! Feel free to post pics of nurseries and bumps.

Calling:

@mtpbadger EDD 11/13 - Baby Boy is here! Congratulations!

@vetgirl2011 EDD 11/17 - Baby Boy is here!  Congratulations!

@omarismyhomeboy EDD 12/24

@the_road_to_oz EDD 12/31

@laurelew EDD 3/4 (boy)

@Kimbrlyg814 EDD 3/6 

@madasm0530 EDD 4/3

@lucyb1954 EDD 3/17 (girl)

@FuzzyDust EDD 5/30

@halfanewt EDD 6/4

@laurad75 EDD 6/26

@late_bloomer EDD 6/27

Re: All Trimester Check-in Week of 11/23/20

• Options
    • How far along/EDD? 24wk2d, due 3/17
    • How are you feeling this week? Off and on with the nausea and constipation, so much fun!
    • Rants/Raves? Questions? Whilst in the midst of rolling out pie dough and cinnamon buns for the holiday, my doctor called and told me I failed my gestational diabetes screening test. Ugggg!!! I had a mental breakdown for a minute ("I'm failing the baby!") but came back to reality. Would love advice on helping to manage GD, or recipes for healthyish sweet things (maybe sweetened with applesauce or something?) that I can eat and not have my glucose go bonkers. 
    • Upcoming appointments? Waiting for a call back from the doctor b/c I have another GD test I have to do now where I have to fast for a total of 5 hours. Ugh. 
    • GTKY: What are you thankful for right now? Still pretty healthy right now! The COVID cases in Utah are skyrocketing, which is terrifying but my family and I are healthy which I'm grateful for. I'm also very grateful for the promise of a vaccine on the horizon...my mother is 75 and has autoimmune issues, and I just hope she gets to be second in line (after front line healthcare workers) for a dose of the vaccine. 
  • Options
    • How far along/EDD? 26w1d, EDD 3/4/2021
    • How are you feeling this week? Good.  Still no major complaints. 
    • Rants/Raves? Questions? Rave: Kitchen project is done!!  Looks so beautiful.  Next up will be getting my shower replaced.  Contractor hopes to get to it in two weeks (he said definitely before the holidays... with my luck I'm counting on the week of Christmas...).
    • Upcoming appointments? GD test will be during week 28.  My sister gave me the pro tip that I could probably get it done at my OB's office.  I double checked and yup, that is a thing.  So I'll be going for that on 12/14 then an in person OB appt on 12/16.
    • GTKY: What are you thankful for right now? Gosh, I feel like everything.  My DH and I make a great team.  It was a challenging week between the kitchen reno and hosting a very scaled back Thanksgiving for my sister's family and my dad (our COVID pod).  However we are great at supporting one another when we get stressed.  Sometimes I worry about how I will survive the baby years but I know that together we will persevere.  
    @lucyb1954 I'm sorry to hear that your nausea and constipation continues.  Also sorry to hear about the GD test.  My understanding is that if you fail the second GD test then your OB will have you meet with a nutritionist.  That being said, I'm still nervous about the possibility of failing my GD test.  I can be somewhat of a picky eater (I don't eat/like meat and pregnancy has given me even more food aversions than usual).  Keep us updated on how everything goes.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    • How far along/EDD? 13+1, 6/4
    • How are you feeling this week? Starting to feel less exhausted/nauseous, though it’s a slow improvement 
    • Rants/Raves? Questions? Got out the Christmas box yesterday and we’re slowly decorating. I love the holiday season, so I’m super excited! And a total FWP rant, but I’m bummed the maternity leggings I was eyeing didn’t qualify for any Black Friday sales. We’ll see if they go for cyber Monday... 
    • Upcoming appointments? NT scan on Monday! NIPT results came back clear last week, so I’m mostly just excited for another chance to see bebe 
    • GTKY: What are you thankful for right now? My husband, definitely. He’s been taking DS up every morning to make coffee, tea, and breakfast while I try to get the morning nausea under control. Super sweet to listen to their conversations, too 💕
    @lucyb1954 fwiw, I know a fair amount of people that failed the first GD test but passed the second. FX for you!