Babies on the Brain

WRW 11/25

***General TW that this thread might contain discussions mentioning MC and loss.*** 

Welcome to Waiting Room Wednesday! You can express your thoughts, feelings, and frustrations on not TTC and connect with others who are in the same boat. TTC can be a long journey, and having to wait makes it feel even longer -- even if it is for a good reason. 

I invite you to resurrect this thread at any point in the week if you have something to say. Treat this like an ongoing conversation. 

When do you think you will start TTC? 

What brings you to WRW?

Any R/R?

GTKY: How are you planning to celebrate Thanksgiving this year?

Re: WRW 11/25

• Sorry I dropped the ball and posted so late. It’s been a hectic day.

When do you think you will start TTC? Feb 21? 

What brings you to WRW? No chill

Any R/R? Yes but it’s such a long story. Suffice it to say my boundary stomping MIL has been put in a sort of time out and i think she is just now realizing it. She actually just ordered a book on how to manipulate people. So that’s fun 😂

GTKY: How are you planning to celebrate Thanksgiving this year? I’m the only one in my household that likes traditional Thanksgiving food so I asked everyone to name one or two dishes they’d like to eat and am making a hodgepodge of things just for the 5 of us.
  • @doodleoodle what?! She ordered a book about manipulating people and had the audacity to tell you?? Stay strong holding your ground. I think it’s super sweet that you are making food your family wants to eat. I hope the flavored don’t clash 😅 

When do you think you will start TTC? Mid 2021? 

What brings you to WRW? Waiting and waiting

Any R/R? My work goes on a long thanksgiving break starting right now. Something new we are doing to have more winter closures because of the pandemic (I work in a childcare center) 

GTKY: How are you planning to celebrate Thanksgiving this year? Just my household. I will make the same phone calls (or perhaps video calls, now that it’s more of a thing) to my family that I usually do. We typically do thanksgiving with MIL, so she is bummed we aren’t coming over. I’m making a few simple foods and bought the rest prepared. 
  • Loading the player...
  • @doodleoodle omg MILs are something else! My jaw dropped when I read that she ordered a book on how to manipulate people. What the actual f*ck?

@tumbleweed-1 wahoo! Love a long break at work! 

When do you think you will start TTC? 
    Anytime between now and July 2021

What brings you to WRW?
    see name of the board 

Any R/R?
    MH and I got into a really bad fight last night and without going into too much detail, he really crossed the line and now I just can’t even look at him the same. If we weren’t married, there’s not a doubt in my mind that I would break up with him. And it breaks my heart to say this because I never thought I would be in this place with him. I’m just so distraught and completely heartbroken. 

GTKY: How are you planning to celebrate Thanksgiving this year?
    Thanksgiving is just another day here so I’m working and then I’m cooking a small turkey dinner for just husband and I (slow cooker turkey breast, sweet potatoes mashed brûlée and stuffing. Maybe a pumpkin pie). We were meant to FaceTime with my family and play trivia games or something arranged by my SIL but I’m not sure if I’m up for it now. 
    Me: 29 | DH: 28
    Due: 6 Nov 2021
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    PitaPata Dog tickers

• We actually share an Amazon Prime account with her. I checked the orders to see when some Christmas gifts I ordered are due to arrive and saw the book. I just couldn’t believe it. She usually cries to get her way but DH called her out on it last time and hung up on her so now I guess she needs to find a different tactic. We were planning on getting our own account but now I’m thinking it might be nice to keep an eye on what she’s up to lol

Jackie, I am so sorry that you’re going through this. I obviously have no idea what happened, but if you want to work through it with him then I hope he is willing to put in the work to do so. And if you want to leave then I hope you have the courage to do so. I’ll be thinking of you ❤️ -and also your meal sounds delicious. 

Tumbleweed, so happy you get an extra break!