Trying to Get Pregnant

WTO Wednesday 11/25

**This is a thread that welcomes all regardless of where they are at in their TTC journeys. Please be mindful of topics that are discussed that could be hurtful to those going through tough times. Mention of children or pregnancies of others should have a TW (trigger warning) and be in a spoiler if possible, and only be mentioned if it is extremely pertinent to the conversation. Thanks for keeping this a safe place for us all to engage!** 

Month/Cycle: 

CD: 

WAYDTGKU: 

R/R: 

CS/Q: 

Re: WTO Wednesday 11/25

• Month/Cycle: 24/27

CD: 7

WAYDTGKU: OPKs, Tracking CM

R/R: I haven’t posted in a couple of days - I always get into a funk about TTC during AF and just haven’t wanted to think about it. But luckily I started the dailies today because that’s how I remembered it’s DH’s birthday 😬. I had already had a full convo with him about how I didn’t really sleep without remembering to wish him a happy birthday. I’m blaming the crappy sleep! Covid also makes birthdays so hard. I’m hoping to find something special for takeout tonight - our usual birthday restaurants are a little too far of a drive for takeout to still be good when we get home, and we aren’t comfortable at restaurants at this point. I’m going to go get a cookie cake for dessert which I know will be a happy surprise for him because he loves them and won’t be expecting it. His main gift is something that he asked for (some special whiskey glasses) and then I picked up a few alcohol-related items that he will hopefully like! Maybe we will even have non-TTC sex since AF is gone!

CS/Q:

• @bows22 happy birthday to YH! MH also loves cookie cake. I make him one for his birthday every year. Sounds like you're working hard to make it special for him which I'm sure he'll love and appreciate.

Month/Cycle: 18/11

CD: 11

WAYDTGKU: Letrozole + TI, prenatals, temping, OPKs

R/R:  Not much going on today. I'm off until Monday which is awesome! I've been pretty productive so far this morning. I have sweet potatoes baking in the oven so I can mash them for tomorrow and take one more thing off of the list to prep. I just finished making my pie crust dough and that's sitting in the fridge chilling. I'll be making my apple pie this afternoon. All in all, it should be a decent day.

CS/Q: starting OPKs today!  
  • Loading the player...
  • bows22bows22 member
    edited November 2020
    @gingermama29 do you have a recipe that you love for the cookie cake? I did want to make one but I’m afraid to mess it up. Maybe next year! it sounds like you are having a very productive day! What else are you going to make tomorrow? My parents are delivering thanksgiving to us & my brother, I actually wasn’t going to make anything because I’ve been thinking about all of the birthdays we have happening, but felt guilty at the last minute and am going to make some cornbread later and deliver it.
  • @bows22 HB to YH! Ditto what @gingermama29 said... with all the stops you're puling out, it's bound to be a good birthday for him, even with the restrictions! The whiskey glasses sound like a really nice gift. And I really do hope you'll get to have some non-TTC sex! So important! 

@gingermama29 your productivity is making me feel inadequate! LOL. Just kidding. Enjoy your day of cooking! I find cooking / prepping is so therapeutic. I usually put on an Egg Whisperer podcast while I do that so I'm also learning. I just finished prepping my turkey for brining so it's off to the fridge now to do its thing. I'm hoping I'll get around to getting the pie crust done later today. 

Month/Cycle: 10/11

CD: 4

WAYDTGKU: Clomid + Menopur + Trigger + IUI cycle; as usual, lots of vitamins and supplements for MH and I. I'm also going to do a bunch of blood tests this cycle to check for autoimmune conditions and anti-inflammatory markers.

R/R: My periods are so weird since starting medicated cycles. I had 1.5 days of really heavy (over)flow, and then today is barely a drip. I do enjoy the shorter periods, though I still end up spotting for 2-3 days after the last flow day. 

I had both a therapist and a psychiatrist appointments this morning and boy, oh, boy... I'm really feeling significantly better than I did 2 months ago. We ended both appointments without booking a follow-up meeting, with the understanding that I can get in touch to book something. Psychiatrist is upping my dose of Escitalopram by 2.5mg, as I'm still having issues with sleep. I asked him about connection between REM sleep, and low testosterone and he said that it's the depression/anxiety that leads to poor REM sleep which in turn leads to low testosterone. That really explains why my testosterone went down between July and October. But hopefully I'm on my way up! 

CS/Q: Nope

MY CHART
    TTC History
    TTC#2
    Me: 40.5; MH: 39 | Met 02/2009 | Started Dating 08/2017 | Married 02/02/2020
    TTC #2 ... preparing as of March 2024

TTC #1
    Me: 36, MH: 34 | Met 02/2009 | Started Dating 08/2017 | Married 02/02/2020
    TTC #1 02/2020 - 07/2022
    2009 | Dx PCOS; likely a misdiagnosis
    07/14/20 | Dx Hashimoto's Thyroditis
    07/21/20 | 1st RE appointment
    07/2120 - 08/20/20 | so much testing; no signs of PCOS
    08/20/20 | Dx Unexplained; AMA
    09/08/20 | IUI #1 Clomid + Trigger + Prometrium | BFN
    09/30/20 | Urology consult; more testing required
    10/2020 | Clomid + OPK + TI + Prometrium | BFN
    10/26/2020 | Starting 2nd IUI cycle, with Letrazole and with a new RE / different clinic
    11/03/2020 | New Dx "poor egg quality"; IUI cancelled in favor of Trigger + TI + Prometrium | BFN
    11/26/2020 | Combo IUI (Clomid + Menopur) + Trigger + Prometrium | BFN
    12/20/2020 | Combo IUI (Clomid + Gonal-F) + Trigger | IUI Cancelled due to thin lining; TI only | BFN
    01/14/2021 | Combo IUI (Letrazole + Menopur) + Trigger | BFN
    02/06/2021 | Switched to a new RE (TEW) ; trying naturally until we complete additional testing 
    03/14/2021 | Hybrid Double IUI, with Zymot (Letrazole, Gonal-F) + Trigger + Endometrin | Ovulated 4 mature eggs but still a BFN ☹️
    04/07/2021 | Natural cycle while we regroup | BFN
    04/09/2021 | Employer announces fertility benefits starting 05/01/2021! | Search for a new doctor who accepts insurance
    05/10/2021 | New RE consult & plan for IVF
    05/13/2021 | Mid-luteal IVF cycle #1 interrupted; had to get cancer genetic screening done to make sure I didn't have the same SDHA gene mutation as MH. 
    06/10/2021 | Aygestin priming IVF cycle #1; opted to Cx after 9 days of stims since only 5-6/12 follicles responded
    07/26/2021 | Attempt #2 at IVF cycle #1 (mid-luteal start): 8 retrieved, 8 MII, 6 fert (1 PN3), 3 Day 5 & 6 blasts: 3AA, 3AA, 6AB; 3 euploid
    08/09/2021 | Rest cycle / unmedicated TTC | Shockingly, a BFP! EDD: 5/25/202 | CP at 4w4d
    09/23/2021 | IVF cycle #2 (mid-luteal start): 14 retrieved, 13 MII, 11 fert, 5 Day 5 & 6 blasts: 2 x 3AA, 2 x 3AB, 3BB; 2 euploid
    11/12/2021 | IVF cycle #3 (mid-luteal start): cancelled due to ovaries being on vacation
    12/20/2021 | Rest cycle / unmedicated TTC + Pregmune Immunology Testing; BFN
    01/22/2022 | Rest cycle / unmedicated TTC + understanding uncovered immunological issues; BFN
    02/18/2022 | Mock transfer cycle! ERA, ReceptivaDx, EMMA/ALICE; start Prednisone to address NK activity
    03/16/2022 | Final, "Hail Mary" super-ovulation + TI cycle before FET; BFP! EDD: 12/21/2022 | MMC 05/08/2022
    05/20/2022 | D&C; recovering... 
    06/21/2022 | Trying naturally until October 2022
    07/21/2022 | BFP! EDD 04/02/2023; 👦🏼 born on 4/5/2023

• gingermama29gingermama29 member
    edited November 2020
    @bows22 I honestly just do the Nestle tollhouse chocolate chip cookie recipe exactly as I would for making regular cookies and then spread it in a super shallow round baking pan (like for a pizza). I always do a from scratch buttercream too. I can't recommend enough adding a tiny sprinkle of salt into your buttercream frosting. It helps it not get too cloyingly sweet and makes it so much better! For tomorrow, we're roasting turkey, homemade gravy, stuffing, mashed potatoes, and copycat red lobster cheddar bay biscuits. We'll doctor the sweet potatoes with some butter and a little pinch of brown sugar too.

@acleverusername I'm glad you are feeling significantly better lately. I hope the medication adjustment helps with your sleep issues!
  • Month/Cycle: 2/2

CD: 18

WAYDTGKU: Temping with TD, tracking CM and CP

R/R: we are on the road today. I wish we could have made this drive when the leaves were changing. It would have been so beautiful. 

CS/Q: I forgot to turn my TD on last night. 🙄 I didn’t realize it until I tried to sync it this morning. I was anxious to see if I got a shift. I guess I will have to wait until tomorrow. My CM has dried up and my CP is low. So everything is lining up with ovulation. I just need my temps to confirm it. If they don’t, I’m going to assume I’m having an anovulatory cycle unless I get peak fluid again. No chart to share because nothing has changed since yesterday since I didn’t get a temp this morning. 

* be back for tags 

• Sorry I’m so late tagging. We were driving through the mountains and there is no service. 

@bowe22 I hope you and your DH had a great time celebrating his birthday. 

@gingermama29 All this dishes sound amazing. I cooked Thanksgiving one time  several years ago and have never done it again. I do not enjoy cooking but your pies sound delicious and I wish we were having pie tomorrow. 

@acleverusername I’m  glad your appointments went so well. Hopefully the medication helps your sleep.