July 2021 Moms
Options

FFFC 11/20

kfry22kfry22 member
edited November 2020 in July 2021 Moms
Let’s here them, ladies! Drop those confessions below! 

Re: FFFC 11/20

• Options
    I think holiday cards are generally tacky and impersonal.
  • Options
    Elf on a Shelf is a weird concept with a freaky face
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Part of me is super excited for maternity underwear.  It's so comfortable 🤦‍♀️
  • Options
    @tiggywiggles I... never stopped wearing my maternity underwear after DS  :D
  • Options
    😆 I’m with you @cammie0526

After all of these pregnancies I have never tried maternity underwear!  Maybe this will be the pregnancy I try ‘em out! What kind is the comfy kind - the over belly or under belly? 
  • Options
    @cammie0526 totally agree. I also think I wouldn’t be creative enough to actually make it fun. 

I love snow. I can’t wait for us to get out first real snow that sticks and a Christmas without snow just doesn’t seem right to me. 
  • Options
    I just got my Elf on the Shelf book out (along with all other Xmas books) to introduce the little Elf to DS for the first time this year.... the elf will likely be "on the counter" and "on the chair" and other such amazingly creative ideas.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I don’t understand the pull and excitement of binge watching shows. Seems like a waste of time. Don’t understand Netflix, Hulu, Disney plus, etc. Also don’t like Disney movies or anything Disney related. 
  • Options
    @kfry22 we have all the streaming services! We don’t generally binge but slowly watch a show over time. We only watch tv during dinner and I’m not a huge fan of sitting and watching something for a long time so can usually only get through one or two half hour shows or one hour long show. BUT I do love having it on demand. I’m currently making my way through Real Housewives of NY while I fold laundry or sew. Makes laundry more enjoyable. 

@bkjade I love holiday cards 😂😂 I can see why someone would think that though

@cammie0526 agree and I just don’t want to put in that effort

I have never worn maternity underwear, I always get the seamless kind from Aerie and they last me through pregnancy/postpartum/regular life. I love them and they don’t hurt my csection incision 

Crying Santa pictures are not cute. I find them really upsetting and unclear why people would want to traumatize their child in that way. I’m big on boundaries and autonomy so it doesn’t sit well with me at all to force a child onto the lap of a stranger they want nothing to do with

• Options
    @DuchessOfCambridge I agree about the Santa pics. Also, as I was reading that I first thought you meant pictures of Santa crying, like a picture of a sad clown or something. Is it too early for pregnancy brain??
  • Options
    @DuchessOfCambridge, 100% agree. I am all about autonomy and letting my kid decide what he wants to do so I don’t understand forcing your kid to sit on a stranger’s lap. So weird!!! If he wasn’t dressed up, you wouldn’t do it. If an adult wouldn’t, why should a kid?!

*Live, Love, Laugh, Learn*

• Options
    I don’t understand people who have 87 Christmas trees.  Maybe it’s because I love getting a tree and putting it up, but taking it down is always a pita.  I can’t imagine doing it multiple times each year.
    BabyFetus Ticker
    Married: 12-04-06 
    Annabelle: 1-1-08
    Patrick: 8-15-10
    EDD: 4-20-17
  • Options
    @Beckyf321 I agree! I love putting up our tree and decorating but loathe taking it down and the clean up of never ending pine needles after. I couldn't imagine doing it for more than one tree. I guess it is easier if you have a fake one but still lol
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    We have 2 trees and that's enough.  One is in our toy room and all the kids crafts and decorations they pick out go there and our dining room tree is simple, rustic and clean.  Doing more then this seems like extra work that I don't wanna take on.  Haha
  • Options
    People have multiple trees? I didn’t even know this was a thing lol. I also didn’t know it was standard to have a perfectly coordinated tree until a few years back. Growing up, my family always put up all the ornaments we owned, whether gifted, handed down or crafted, so a mismatched tree is all I’ve ever known 😆.