Estimated Due Date / Weeks + Days:
FTM/STM/STM+:
Team Green/Pink/Blue/Finding Out:
Interesting Baby Fact / Baby is the size of:
Upcoming appointments:
How are you feeling?:
Rants/Raves:
Questions:
GTKY: If you won the lottery, what are the first three things you would do with the money?

Re: 🦃Week 2 (5/8-5/14) Check-In - w/o Nov. 23

• Estimated Due Date / Weeks + Days: 5/8; 16+2
    FTM/STM/STM+: STM
    Team Green/Pink/Blue/Finding Out: Finding out (hopefully tomorrow!)
    Interesting Baby Fact / Baby is the size of: A Philippine tarsier
    Upcoming appointments: Early a/s and check up at MFM tomorrow! Bummed DH can't be there due to COVID restrictions but I'm going to facetime him since we're hopefully finding out the sexes. Just need these stinkers to cooperate! 
    How are you feeling?: Meh. Still nauseous all the time but I'm not feeling quite as terrible. 
    Rants/Raves: Rant: It's Monday  :( I am a firm believer that weekends should always be 3 days. 2 days is just not enough time to recover and mentally prepare for the coming week. I also don't have enough PTO to take Friday off unless I sacrifice Christmas Eve because of how much I've had to take off due to severe nausea so I'm ranting about that, too. Rave: I am so freaking excited to find out the sexes tomorrow! It will just be so nice to have final names and to just know. 
    Questions: Nope.
    GTKY: If you won the lottery, what are the first three things you would do with the money? Assuming my winnings were in the millions: #1 - pay off student loans, #2 - pay off credit cards, #3 - charter a private plane and go on a COVID-conscious vacation.
  • @gusgus14 Well, I hope your babies are more cooperative than mine, because I have to wait another 4 weeks  :'(

Estimated Due Date / Weeks + Days: 16w1d
    FTM/STM/STM+: STM+
    Team Green/Pink/Blue/Finding Out: Blue, assuming the sneak peek test was right!
    Interesting Baby Fact / Baby is the size of: A can of coke
    Upcoming appointments: Next appointment is 12/21
    How are you feeling?: I haven't had a headache in a couple of days, so yay!
    Rants/Raves: Rant! We couldn't verify the sex of the baby because it's little feets were covering it's business! Otherwise baby looks great and is measuring ahead by 5 days!
    Questions: None at the moment!
    GTKY: If you won the lottery, what are the first three things you would do with the money? Pay off anything we owe, purchase a new car, and build a house on some land.

*Loss 8/2014*
    *Rainbow 8/2015*
    *Expected Rainbows 12/2018*
    *Loss of Twin 5/2018*

• Loading the player...
  • @texas_t they weren't super cooperative at the NT scan but ultimately we got what we needed so I'm hoping for the same result tomorrow. Otherwise, we'll honestly probably schedule a 3rd party scan; at least that way DH can be there. 
  • @gusgus14 Fingers crossed for y'all!!!!
    *Loss 8/2014*
    *Rainbow 8/2015*
    *Loss of Twin 5/2018*

• ec1212ec1212 member
    edited November 2020
    Estimated Due Date / Weeks + Days: 5/14, 15+3
    FTM/STM/STM+: FTM
    Team Green/Pink/Blue/Finding Out: Blue, but looking fwd to seeing his business next week to believe it!
    Interesting Baby Fact / Baby is the size of: Homer Simpson's donut
    Upcoming appointments: 11/30, week from today, for early anatomy scan and next day 12/1 for 16 wk OB check in. That OB appt also starts my rotation through the rest of the doctors at my practice, since it's a group practice where anyone could deliver me. Will miss the consistency of meeting with the same doc all the time.
    How are you feeling?: Really good (see symptoms thread). But dealing with some brown spotting, hoping it's due to constipation and keeping an eye on it.
    Rants/Raves: Two raves - my NYC bestie just found out she's pregnant AND I am SO excited about Thanksgiving, feeling very grateful to be feeling good enough to be on my feet and cooking up a storm. Oh, also rave that we get our Christmas tree on Friday! Our tree guy is setting up on his corner as we speak! 
    Questions: Let me know if anyone else has experienced spotting related to their BMs or feels like their symptoms have disappeared at start of second tri. I've googled that both are pretty common but kind of feel like a freak and want to just be able to enjoy this time before I become very large and tired again. 
    GTKY: If you won the lottery, what are the first three things you would do with the money? Pay off student loan debt, buy a few homes and pay off one of my bestie's nursing school loans.
  • Estimated Due Date / Weeks + Days: 5/9, 16 weeks 2 days
    FTM/STM/STM+: STM
    Team Green/Pink/Blue/Finding Out: pink!
    Interesting Baby Fact / Baby is the size of: a chipmunk 
    Upcoming appointments: anatomy scan 12/18 and midwife appt next week 
    How are you feeling?: pretty good! I still get super tired in the afternoon. But my progesterone injections have been way more manageable the past couple of weeks which helps a lot. 
    Rants/Raves: my OB was actually super optimistic about covid and hospital restrictions by May. I told
    him how I was concerned that my daughter couldn’t be there, and we have no one to watch her, and he thought they could likely accommodate her 🤞🏻
    I went to the dentist today and the hygienist had her nose out of her mask while she was walking up to the desk, and before she started cleaning my teeth. I was pissed and I don’t hide emotion well 😂😷
    Questions: none at the moment 
    GTKY: If you won the lottery, what are the first three things you would do with the money? Donate to a few important organizations so I don’t feel guilty, put some money away for the girls, and then immediately have all the work done on our house that I dream of doing over the next decade 😂
  • Estimated Due Date / Weeks + Days: 16 weeks!
    FTM/STM/STM+: FTM
    Team Green/Pink/Blue/Finding Out: Team green
    Interesting Baby Fact / Baby is the size of: an avocado 
    Upcoming appointments: Monday November 30
    How are you feeling?: Feeling good, loving the growing bump! My RLP has gotten pretty bad, with random pain shooting up my abdomen every couple of days. It sometimes lasts like 15 seconds and I think well, if it stays this painful for 30 seconds I’m calling the nurses’ hotline. But it never lasts. 
    Rants/Raves: I’ve ranted about this before but again today I’m getting fed all this pre-covid babylist content and I’m sick of it. Don’t tell me to go to the movies! Don’t tell me to go for a spa day. It’s really lame that they can’t get some writers to update their articles or write new ones for those of us dealing with pregnancy during lockdown. 
    Questions: for anyone who hasn’t formally announced yet, do you find yourself waiting for right after an OB appointment? I haven’t heard the heartbeat since Nov 5 because I haven’t had an appointment, but we want to tell our extended families and friends on Zoom thanksgiving. But I’m scared I’ll do that and then get some terrible news on my appointment next week. Maybe I just need to be more confident. 
    GTKY: If you won the lottery, what are the first three things you would do with the money? Pay off our parents’ homes, buy a new house for us and probably a lake or mountain house too
  • @ccmrc143 Do you feel like the people you want to tell on Thanksgiving would also be people you'd tell if something went wrong? All losses are significant, but God forbid you had a loss at this point (which is pretty far into your pregnancy) you might want the support of those people? Just a thought  <3  Also, don't let worry steal your joy!
    *Loss 8/2014*
    *Rainbow 8/2015*
    *Loss of Twin 5/2018*

• @ec1212 I needed that mask today!!

@ccmrc143 I feel the exact same way about breaking the news to people. But I also found that just anticipating telling people caused me a ton of anxiety and that I felt way more calm after we told them, if that helps at all! 
    Totally with you on the ridiculous pregnancy apps too. At this point, their lack of updating the wording based on covid is just lazy! 
  • @texas_t that’s a great way to think about it. It would be strange if these people didn’t know and we then had to tell them bad news without first telling them the good news. Or worse, we just suffer and grieve without them knowing anything ever happened at all. Sorry for bringing up my anxieties about this! Grateful for your insight ❤️
  • @ccmrc143 I felt the same way. My last appointment was at 11 weeks and I don't have another one until next week (when I'm 16+3) so for me it was just wanting to share the happy news before Thanksgiving and spread some joy around. If it weren't for COVID, we would have been telling family in person this week so it felt right at the end of the day. Good luck with whatever you decide!!
  • @ckmb_1250 that’s a great point — I’m totally driving myself crazy worrying about telling people! And I’m sure I’ll feel better once I actually do. I’m glad it helped you! Sometimes other people’s confidence and excitement can rub off and I could use it :) 

@ec1212 yes I’m with you on the need to give people some good news! My grandfather died earlier this month, so to be able to give my grandma something this amazing to look forward to will be the best. It’s also just easier when everyone’s in the same “room” (or zoom) and already talking about what they’re thankful for. Also if we were in person, they’d all know anyway because I’m showing 😂