June 2021 Moms

Healthy Habits November

I think there was mention of making this weekly, but sticking to monthly thread for now because there seems to be a lot of check-ins daily, but feel free to post on this thread weekly or convert to a weekly thread! 

What's a "small win" you have had recently?

What habits/goals are you focusing on? How are they going?

What has you motivated?

GTKY: Do you have any exercise traditions with the holidays? (Butterball race, family 5K walk, hiking, skiing?) 

Re: Healthy Habits November

• Thanks for getting this started @ramzlau

My small win is that I've done some sort of exercise everyday this week so far.  Most of the time it's a walk but I feel so gross that getting dressed and going out is a huge hurdle.  I do feel better once I get some fresh air.  

My goal is min 30 min of exercise each day.  
    Motivation: I know I will feel better if it gets done.  

GTKY: I do a 5k in my hometown every year.  I'm one of 13 people who have run it every year since 2002.  Obviously this year will be different and it's a virtual race but H will run a 5k on his own and then do a 5k walk with me so we will still get the exercise.  
    History and blog link in spoiler
    2016 - dx with super low ovarian reserve; failed cycle with clomid, failed IUI, 
    2017 - egg retrieval #1 - 3 eggs, 0 embryos appropriate for transfer; ER #2 2 eggs, 0 embryos on day 3; ER #3 1 egg 0 embryos
    moved to donor egg in summer 2017; 35 eggs retrieved; 19 fertilized; 9 total embryos
    Fresh transfer Dec 2017= BFP!  baby boy born 8/22/18

May 2019 - surprise natural pregnancy ended in MC
    Nov 2019 FET; MC at 9 weeks
    May 2020 FET; BFN
    July 2020 FET; CP treated with methotrexate
    Oct 2020 BFP! 

Take a look at my blog

• Small win: I’m still able to do fairly long workouts when I get up early enough to do them. My usual was 75 minutes a day on the Peloton, and I’m maybe averaging 45 minutes a day, only because I’m taking a day or two off a week now. That said, anyone else have a Peloton? Want to be friends? 🙂

Goal: limiting my caffeine (so hard to do) and keeping with my 45 min/day exercise average. 

GTKY: no holiday exercise traditions
  • Loading the player...
  • What's a "small win" you have had recently? Ugh...not very many, been too tired. I did go for a long walk on Monday for the first time in a while, which was good. Was too scared to go out on election day, and then got busy yesterday, but will try again today.

What habits/goals are you focusing on? How are they going? Staying in a routine that involves some sort of exercise most days a week. It's not going well, haha. I had been doing well on C25K prior to getting pregnant, so I'd like to get back into that once I have a little more energy.

What has you motivated? Lovely weather outside. I absolutely hate heat & humidity, particularly during pregnancy I really can't handle it, so super excited that it's now cooler. Fewer hours of sunlight makes it harder, but with telework it's easier to get out during the day

GTKY: Do you have any exercise traditions with the holidays? Not really, though in the past I have tried to do a long walk or run on Thanksgiving Day. It really is nice to get out and do something physical before gorging on food
  • What's a "small win" you have had recently?  I've been doing a good job keeping up with doing something active for at least 30 minutes each day.  My energy level for exercise seems to be improving in the last week or two so that's a plus.

What habits/goals are you focusing on? How are they going?  I really need to focus more on my eating, I feel like I'm eating everything and eating all the time!  I'm trying to stay with only eating when I truly feel hungry, not just because something sounds good.  I'm also starting a pre-natal fitness program on fitness site I started using earlier this year during the covid shutdowns on Sunday.  It goes from 10 weeks all the way through the end of pregnancy and includes both cardio and strength each week.  The workouts are short, 20-30 minutes each, so I'll have to do other stuff but I like having the accountability of having a program to follow and I like that I'll get variety into my workouts.

What has you motivated?  Knowing I need to stay healthy for me and the baby.

GTKY: Do you have any exercise traditions with the holidays? (Butterball race, family 5K walk, hiking, skiing?)  Not really traditions.  There are some tennis tournaments I sometimes play in, but those are cancelled this year and the intensity level is probably too high anyway since I usually play singles.  
  • I've got a struggle: the only thing I want to eat is bread and cheese...maybe some nuts, I got chili garlic cashews that I'm all about. The pot of healthy soup i meal-prepped is nauseating, except for maybe the chicken chunks. Trying to eat well, but oof.
  • @akoros My diet has taken a nose dive these past few weeks just trying to manage the nausea. I try to make healthy choices (carrots, apples, cucumbers) when I can and try to get some protein here and there, that seems to help the most. I know eating more carbs than usual now, doesn’t mean that is how the rest of the pregnancy will go. So give yourself grace and make good choices when you can. 

@ellieemc26 I am so inspired by you sticking to daily movement! Hope you enjoy the new program! 

@laurad75 Love that you are planning to walk a 5K on Thanksgiving! 

@Lisa3379 I am eyeing the new treadmill by Peloton. I have a rower that I don’t use, so reality is I probably won’t get it, but a girl can dream lol. 

What's a "small win" you have had recently?
    I have been getting more and longer walks in! They seem to help hold of the nausea for a few hours so trying to stick with it even when I don’t feel like it. 

What habits/goals are you focusing on? How are they going? Trying to up my water intake, it took a nose dive and I can tell it is compounding my gross feeling factor. As well as just getting out to walk. Goal is to work up to doing three 5K walks a week. Almost hit it this week! 

What has you motivated? Knowing movement is helping me feel better! 

GTKY: Do you have any exercise traditions with the holidays? (Butterball race, family 5K walk, hiking, skiing?) I just got into running last year and started to have these kind of traditions for the holidays and then Covid and back surgery had me cancel them all for this year. I am hoping to keep up the walking through the holidays and find some spring virtual races to walk in to keep goals and accountability! 
  • I went for a 2 mile today for the first time in over a week. I need to try to get out more often, it helped me feel so much better after a week of being miserable! 
  • _orchid__orchid_ member
    edited November 2020
    Last day of the month but I made it here! Went for a 2 mile "run" yesterday with DS1 on his bike and ds2 in the jogging stroller. We were slow as anything bc we kept stopping to look at Christmas decorations and for ds1 to tie his shoe. It felt great to sweat. I am a cold weather runner so entering my absolute favorite time of year to run so I'm hoping I can get out more in December. 
    Edited: wrote "today" instead of "yesterday". Pregnancy brain/days bleeding into each other. 
  • What's a "small win" you have had recently? My “small win” is I only gained 2.5 lbs today since my last OB checkup 5 weeks ago at 8 weeks preggo. 🤣 so a total of about 4.5 lbs gained in the first tri. Im happy just because I was worried I’d gained a lot more...I’ve been eating a LOT of carbs and sugar. Way more than I’m used to, that’s for sure. 
    I for sure thought I’d gained more like 5lbs in the last 5 weeks, ha!

What habits/goals are you focusing on? How are they going?
    I’m doing 30 minutes of xtend Barre or Pilates on my Openfit app 7 days a week. I tested positive for Covid almost three weeks ago and did take about 6 days off of working out to rest from that - but since then I’ve been good and back at it!
    What has you motivated?

GTKY: Do you have any exercise traditions with the holidays? (Butterball race, family 5K walk, hiking, skiing?) nope! I did the city’s big turkey Trot back in 2009 and said I was going to do it every year, but yet haven’t since then 🤣 oops
    Trying to Conceive TickerMe: 41 DH: 42
    💙 DS1- 12/2011
    CP - March 2014
    MMC - Sept 2014
    💙DS2 - 10/2015
    💙DS3 - 5/2017
    💖DD due June 6, 2021
  • I totally gave up on this. Will try again next month, particularly on the exercise front (fatigue is starting to fade, so hopefully will be better)!
  • @akoros I am with you there. I hope to get it together and get more movement in again. I need it for my mental sanity as much as for my physical health. 
  • @ramzlau I remember each time that the first trimester was a total wash. Even though my symptoms aren't that bad I just get wiped.