June 2021 Moms
Options

High-Risk Check-in 11/19

This thread is for anyone who is high-risk.

How far along are you?

Why are you high risk?

Any additional monitoring or testing this week?

Any concerns/news currently?

How are you coping being high risk?

Any questions?

Re: High-Risk Check-in 11/19

• Options
    How far along are you? 8+5
    Why are you high risk? Hyperemesis gravidarum, history of extremely medically complicated pregnancy
    Any additional monitoring or testing this week? Fluids today, no other monitoring/testing
    Any concerns/news currently? Got my PICC line yesterday so I'm just hanging in there.
    How are you coping being high risk? I had a breakdown yesterday because any chance I had at a "normal" pregnancy has been fully stripped away from me because I have hyperemesis. I'll never get to know what it's like to fully enjoy a pregnancy and that's hard. I guess the long and short of it is that I'm not coping well right now. Trying to distract myself with grad school.
    Any questions? Nope.
    TTC History- *TW* LC
    Me: 24 Dh: 46
    Married: 10.2018
    DS #1: 06.2014
    Hyperemesis Gravidarum (HG), Emergency C-Section
    MC: 03.2017- 5 Weeks
    Rainbow DS #2: 07.2018
    HG, 19w Fetal Surgery, 24w PPROM, 33w Placental Abruption, Partial Uterine Rupture, Emergency C-Section
    NICU, Chronic Kidney Disease
    TTC #3: Medically Cleared 12.5.2019, had a bunch of problems and wonky cycles
    BFP 10.13.2020 EDD: 6.26.2021

October 2020 TTGP Signature Challenge: Pets in Costumes

• Options
    How far along are you? 8w2d

Why are you high risk? AMA, recurrent losses (1 trisomy, 1 unexplained), Factor V Leiden clotting disorder

Any additional monitoring or testing this week? Not this week, but will have my NT scan at the MFM rather than my normal OB

Any concerns/news currently? Not really, just waiting for my next appointments and seeing how it all works out

How are you coping being high risk? Doing ok, still kind of numb about it

Any questions? none

@ashaislurking I'm so sorry about your breakdown. It's for a very different reason, but I also had a hard time coming to terms with the fact that I'd never have that normalcy again in a future pregnancy. I grieved that I'd never again feel that pure joy, excitement, and hope, instead just being mildly happy and constantly waiting for the other shoe to drop. I don't really have any advice, other than be kind to yourself. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @akoros No matter the reason, being high risk is difficult. I guess I kind of held on to a little hope that MAYBE my HG wouldn't be so bad this time around. We started me on medication before I even missed my period. I was on B6 for MONTHS before that. I guess for me the PICC line was the other shoe. I'm sending you so much love my friend! I'm sorry you're still feeling numb about everything. Hang in there! You're not in this alone.
    TTC History- *TW* LC
    HG, 19w Fetal Surgery, 24w PPROM, 33w Placental Abruption, Partial Uterine Rupture, Emergency C-Section

• Options

How far along are you? 12w today

Why are you high risk? Bicornuate uterus with inverted T / classic c section incision.  High risk of uterine rupture

Any additional monitoring or testing this week? None this week, next appt isn’t until December!

Any concerns/news currently? They scheduled my c section already! Like Holly crap getting the ball rolling I guess probably all these quarantine babies clogging up the OR lol scheduled for 36w4d.  Glad that they are giving me the extra 4 days because it was supposed to be at 36w.   So surreal though. 

How are you coping being high risk? I occasionally get sad about never having a vaginal delivery I keep telling myself none of it matters if the end product is a healthy baby.  

Any questions? None for now

@ashaislurking glad your picc line went well.  I hope you’re able to get some relief with fluids and meds soon.  How long did your HG last with your last pregnancy? 

@akoros I understand feeling numb.  It’s hard to feel excited when you have that kind of history with loss.  I appreciated seeing the MFM on top of the OB since it meant more appointments and more reassurance.  The MFM also never sugar coated anything which helped me be realistic but also optimistic.  
  • Options
    @ashaislurking I'm sorry everything is so tough right now. I have a close friend who's had HG throughout all 3 of her pregnancies and I know she had similar feelings about being pregnant- happy about the outcome but hated the 9 months to get there. Are there any SM/fb groups you could join about it? I joined one the other day about lovenox and it's been helpful. 
    @akoros I'm still numb about it too, especially with the new stuff going on for me. I got my results yesterday and I don't have factor V Leiden- but my antithrombin 3 antigen levels are low, which is why I'm on lovenox. Your comment about the MFM doing your AS vs OB has me wondering what is "normal"- I was referred to a MFM for the NT and AS for my previous pregnancies and I just assumed that's what everyone did. Didn't think about it being related to high risk. Huh. But that would make sense and now my mind feels blown. 
    @sgrn18 that is so crazy that your RCS is already scheduled!! Wow!!! Also I wanted to thank you for your responses to me about lovenox the other night, they really helped me! 
  • Options
    How far along are you? 8+3

Why are you high risk? AMA, recurrent loss, antithrombin 3 deficiency, possibly some autoimmune stuff (antinuclear antibodies came back positive and speckled, which is worth investigating)

Any additional monitoring or testing this week? Went yesterday to learn how to give myself the lovenox and got to talk to the hematologist more. It sounds like she'll be monitoring me, which I wasn't sure about. I feel a lot better about the whole thing after going in yesterday. Made an appt for the rheumatologist in Dec. 

Any concerns/news currently? It was just a lot to process- it's likely I'll need daily injections until/through August. Starting with 1/day now but will probably end up with more further on. Will stop for heparin closer to my RCS, then back on lovenox until 6-8 weeks after birth. The actual sticking myself isn't bad, but the medication burns/hurts for about 20 minutes afterwards so that's uncomfortable. 

How are you coping being high risk? Today I'm ok and I'm reminding myself that I'm strong. I definitely don't think I'll feel comfortable/have faith at all with this pregnancy though so that's a bit tough. 

Any questions?
  • Options
    @sgrn18 That's so crazy that they've scheduled your c-section already but I'm glad they're giving you the extra 4 days! My HG lasted until about 20ish weeks with both previous pregnancies but it's gotten worse every time so I don't know what's going to happen this time around.
    @_orchid_ I'm really glad the lovenox group has been helpful for you and that your hematologist will be monitoring you. I'm glad the pokes aren't too bad even if the med itself isn't great.

TTC History- *TW* LC