July 2021 Moms

GTKY 11/16

Let's see if we can liven this board up a little and get to know each other a bit shall we? 

Where do you live?

Job?

How did you and your SO meet?

Hobbies?

Weirdest Covid purchase? 
Wife. Boy mom x6. Expecting #7. Wannabe homesteader.
, 💙💙💙💙💙💙

Re: GTKY 11/16

• Loading the player...
  • cammie0526cammie0526 member
    edited November 2020
    Where do you live? A Maryland suburb of DC

Job? Procurement manager for the major hotel chains

How did you and your SO meet? A friend of a friend was dating him our freshman year of college. First day of sophomore year I sat next to him in French 101 since we were the only sophomores in the class. A few weeks in I asked him to come over to study for a test, and we've basically never been apart since.

Hobbies? I love to cook, and build/refinish furniture with DH

Weirdest Covid purchase? We had a townhouse built in a new-build neighborhood in 2017, and thought we'd be there for a good 5-10 years. Then the perfect single family house in the same neighborhood went on the market in April, so we jumped on it while housing prices and interest rates were still low.

@kfry22 Happy anniversary!!
  • nopegoatnopegoat member
    edited November 2020
    @Daisy22 we just started homeschooling this year so I bought an insane amount of crafting stuff too.

@kfry22 happy anniversary!!  The puppy/adolescent pup stage is soo hard.

@cammie0526 congrats on the house! 

Wife. Boy mom x6. Expecting #7. Wannabe homesteader.
    , 💙💙💙💙💙💙
  • Where do you live? Amsterdam 

Job? Senior consultant working in US immigration and policy 

How did you and your SO meet? Online - match.com

Hobbies? Baking and cooking, reading, napping, watching cheesy holiday movies 

Weirdest Covid purchase? I really can’t think of any other than puzzles. I don’t have the attention span for puzzles haha. 

*Live, Love, Laugh, Learn*

• @nopegoat omg that story about y’all meeting 😍🥰😍 and yes tortilla blanket lol!
  • Where do you live? NYC

Job? i used to be a sommelier but restaurants don’t exist anymore, we own a 🕺 club in brooklyn that is now a glorified storage unit with a really sick sound system 🤞 we can open again sometime next year.

How did you and your SO meet? in louisville on a week long company trip. we were both whiskey reps in different parts of the country in a brand meeting and i spied him across the room. 

Hobbies? i suppose the bright side is that i have a lot of time for my hobbies now lol. knitting, reading, embroidery, beadwork, cello, ballet, golf, skiing, running, hiking, camping, gardening, baking, yoga, collecting (+ drinking) wine. 

Weirdest Covid purchase? 
    a hot pink inflatable couch. needed more seating options since we normally aren’t all home together 😆 
  • Where do you live? Recently moved to our newest duty station in Guam!!

Job? Stay at home mom

How did you and your SO meet? We met the day we graduated Navy bootcamp. Ended up at the same A school and were immediately attached at the hip. The whole 6 months there (not only was he still married, they were separated though) but he swore up and down we weren’t going to make it past A school together. We were married 8 months after finishing our A school 😂.

Hobbies? I enjoy making things on my vinyl cutter, enjoying the beautiful island we live on, and playing games on my phone.

Weirdest Covid purchase? Hmmm, wouldn’t say it’s weird, but def the best purchase was my bissell Crosswave! My whole house is tile floors and with 4 kids it was a must have gadget 

DD1 5/16/2006 8lbs 3oz 21" (2 days late, 36.5 hour labor)
    M/C 12/08/09 6w5d
    DS1 6/27/2013 7lbs 9oz 19.5" (1 day late, 17.5 hour labor)
    M/C 12/18/13 6w1d Twins
    BFP#5 4/6/13 EDD 12/16/2014

BabyFruit Ticker image
  • Where do you live? Sunny San Diego 

Job? Currently: office admin for two different lawyers. Pre-plague: I work in theatre, I was the volunteer coordinator and supervising house manager. When schedule allowed, I also stage managed shows

How did you and your SO meet? Depends on who you ask. If you ask him we met at Disneyland while I was working there and a mutual friend has asked me to get her in. It was finals week and I had stayed up until 530 finishing my project for class. I met them at 7 at the front gate, I remember her and two other people. Apparently he was one of the other people. If you ask me, we met at a bar a couple months later because we had another mutual friend whose band played every Wednesday. 12 years later here we are 

Hobbies? Theatre, reading, baking

Weirdest Covid purchase? A gallon of hand sanitizer. I got fed up with the liquid kind that smells like cheap tequila. It was $15 at Costco and worth every penny, it comes with a squirt top and it is so easy to refill all of our different containers 
  • Where do you live? Ontario, Canada 

Job? Slave to 3 tiny dictators 

How did you and your SO meet? Through a friend at a bar. She met him on a plane and thought he would be a perfect match for our other friend.  Haha

Hobbies? Right now I feel like I'm in survival mode with little me time.  By the time I get kids in bed I'm exhausted and crash too.  Usually I love reading, cooking, scrapbooking, biking. 

Weirdest Covid purchase? Not weird but a Saint Bernard puppy.  Hes such a big loveable dope. 
  • Where do you live? AB, Canada  (very jealous of all you who live in sunny and tropical places, there is currently a foot of snow on the ground here).

Job? Manager at a nonprofit organization - general fund development, communications etc. but my background is in public health and social policy and looking to get back into that field more once this babe is born.

How did you and your SO meet? We are from the same small town but didn't really 'meet' each other until we went away to the same university - had a mutual friend who made us all hang out a lot in that first year and then we just hit it off.  It's been 12 years!! 

Hobbies?  Honestly feeling hobby-less at the moment. I love love love hiking and walking in the forest but haven't gotten out to the mountains much since we had DS (and there's not much forest where we live currently).  Whenever we are on the west coast we take full advantage.  I think we will try to get out more with this new little one, I'm certain DS would love to go hiking and he certainly has the energy for it.

Weirdest Covid purchase?  Nothing weird - we did purchase an espresso machine early on in the pandemic to make home lattes and that was a brilliant move! 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • I live in NY (used to live in Mass @daisy528!)

I’m a SAHM and also have a website where I sell things I make, mainly geared towards children but thinking of expanding a bit. I used to work in finance. @daisy528 I’d love to see your Etsy shop if you want to share!

We met in college

I like to read, sew, go for “hikes” with my family, and pre-covid I would have considered play dates a hobby of mine 😂

Ive just bought like...a lot of toys. An indoor trampoline, this lofted bed that has stairs and a slide. Our playroom is bananas but my kids still whine 🤪

• daisy528daisy528 member
    edited November 2020
    @DuchessOfCambridge what part of MA are you from?! I’m south of Boston! As for my Etsy shop, I sell party printables so I haven’t done too much updating this year because of Covid. I also have holiday specific printables on there, so I am trying to breathe a little life into it for the holiday season! I’ll message you the link. What’s your website?!
  • @pharmd93 I'm also in northern Illinois! 

I live in Chicago 

Work: SAHM and photographer 

Where did we meet: online 

Hobbies: making art. Baking. Photography. Breastfeeding? Haha. Is that a hobby? 

Covid purchase: lots of apocalypse food shopping. A nugget. Because I had to hop on that. 

• @daisy528 I’m actually from NY but lived in MA for quite a while. I’d love the link! I love seeing what people are making 😊 I’ll PM you mine too

• Where do you live? Northern California 

Job? Stay at home mom

How did you and your SO meet? At our University's International House. It was student housing primarily for international graduate students, but for the sake of cultural immersion, a small number of undergraduates could apply to live there. I managed to get in by volunteering to be a Healthworker for the academic year (a lot of the outreach work was sex education, to the bemusement of the much older and more experienced grad students  :D). I was a junior studying English literature and MH was a computer scientist earning his PhD, quite an unlikely pairing lol. We didn't start dating until my senior year because I didn't want any "romantic entanglements"...in hindsight that was a good decision because I was kind of a mess my junior year, yikes. 

Hobbies? What are those? lol Ugh I seriously need to rediscover my past hobbies. I'm so impressed so many of you have hobbies while raising your kiddos and holding down jobs. 

Weirdest Covid purchase? Definitely fell for the Nugget craze (did it again the other day, paid for a new cover on backorder even though I swore up and down that the whole thing is useless).