February 2021 Moms
Options

Weekly Randoms 11/9

Re: Weekly Randoms 11/9

• Options
    My in laws were here visiting this weekend and decided to stay an extra night. They got up at 3 am to leave and unintentionally woke me up at 4 and the older kid at 4:30. She was lucky to fall back asleep. Not me. It’s going to be a long day. 
  • Options
    Ugh I'm sorry @birdiejo - my whole life I've never been unable to fall back asleep ... I could sleep until noon if I wanted to, but suddenly I can't fall back asleep for love or money no matter when I wake up, whether it's 0400 or 0630. Which I guess is a good thing, since I'm sure I'll be sleeping even less with a baby  :D
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @birdiejo such a bummer! 

Yesterday I had a zoom session with my mom, sister, sister in law and mother in law to plan a virtual baby shower. Because I spend what feels like all day every day on Zoom, I wasn't super excited about the whole idea of a virtual baby shower, but after talking through it, I actually think it will be kind of fun! With family and friends scattered across the whole country, there really isn't a safe way to do an in person one and have everyone feel included. 
  • Options
    @birdiejo that’s the worst! I’m sorry. 

The Great Road Trip West has begun. We checked off MD/VA/NC/TN/KY/IL so far. We spent the weekend in the Smokies in Tennessee with the ILs and drive to IL tonight. It was dark when we got here but I think the campsite is going to be really beautiful when we wake up tomorrow. I’m going to bed ASAP and I may get up and watch the sunrise in the morning. It’s more likely that I sleep though 🤣
  • Options
    @mdfarmchick hi from IL! We have a gloomy day where I'm at but temps are higher than usual so I'll take it. Have fun on your trip! I want to do that some day. I've also never been to any legit ocean beach. Just the local one at a lake which is so not the same. I'll get my beach visit some day. 

We're hoping to go visit the mountains in 2022, possibly Smokies since we are closer to them but man, driving into Colorado and seeing them form on the horizon is something else. I've been to CO three times but hubby and kids never have. More traveling in our future for sure. 
  • Options
    Hi everyone! Sorry I've been MIA for like 2 months.... work started up again and we live in a residential campus dorm, so my life has basically been work 24/7 since late August...

I failed my 1 hr glucose test by ONE POINT and now I'm scared about the 3 hour. Ugh. 
    Rainbow Baby? {2.1.21}
    MC at 8 weeks {EDD 9.2.20}
    Rainbow Girl! {2.28.16}Pregnancy Ticker
    Baby boy, lost at 16 weeks {EDD 6.10.15}

• Options
    Also chiming in to apologize for being totally absent last week. I got sucked into the election news big time and basically only looked at FiveThirtyEight every time I'd get on my phone. LOL

I ordered a fake Christmas tree today! This will be my first Christmas with a fake. We don't have tree farms up here in Alaska, though, and the trees that are cut and shipped from Washington are very dried out and dead by the time they reach us three+ weeks later (as in, they're a massive fire hazard). So we decided to go the fake route. I'm sad because so much of Christmas for me centers around going out and cutting down a tree, and the tree smell in the house. But I'm thinking up new traditions that we can create to replace those, and I'm excited!
  • Options
    @hannahbananas11 I was a turd of a child and refused to help decorate when my parents switched to an artificial tree 😂 we still do real because there's lots of little tree farms in our area. Could you collect/cut some branches for a wreath?
  • Options
    @jumpy57 yes! One of the moms in my F19 group suggested that idea when I was trying to decide whether or not to go the fake route. We live on a couple of acres and there are many spruce trees. I could easily collect a few branches and make a wreath!
  • Options
    I'm in full nesting mode at work. 57 work days until my EDD, not including whatever time I may take off in December with the hubs.  :D  I'm hoping that I can at least come to a stopping point my nesting by mid-day on Thursday so I can get some "real" work done this week. But that should be easier with how much de-cluttered, organized, and overall cleaner my office is looking! <3

80 degrees in the office today, plus a tornado warning. Oh, IL fall weather, you crazy.

Me: 34 | DH: 46
    SD: 21 & SS: 17
    BFP #2 6/3/2020

*Trigger Warning*
    TTC 6/13/2015 | BFP #1 5/14/2017 | MMC 7/28/2017 (Trisomy 18) | IL + D&C 8/4/2017

• Options
    @hannahbananas11 I would be so sad to have to stop getting a real tree! I definitely wouldn’t want a dried up, needle dropping fire hazard. I’m also jealous of everyone that gets to decorate already with fake trees! After this crazy year I’m ready for the Christmas decorations. I love sitting in the living room with just the tree lights on at night. So cozy!
  • Options
    @babymamadimo oooo I feel like a holiday decor thread would be fun. People can share pictures of their holiday decor and/or traditions
  • Options
    Our heat went out on Saturday and we just got it back on today. Funny what 68 degrees feels like vs 55 in a house. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    @jumpy57 yesss! 

@roadspeckle 55 :O nooooo
  • Options
    @aaimee it was 75° while we were in IL and the fall leaves were gorgeous. We camped on Rend Reservoir and it was so pretty to wake up to. Then on to St Louis yesterday ((75° which is CRAZY in November)), and then Kansas. We stayed in Topeka last night. I’m bummed that by the time we got to Denver it was dark... we really wanted to see the Rockies from the east. 

But I found an awesome deal on a hotel in Breckenridge for two nights and we are taking a break here. The campsites I found were more expensive than a hotel?! Anyway. Pregnant me needs a break from the car and the boys wanted snow. MH and I are thinking about driving back the 9.5 hours plus stops all on Friday so we can just be home. 

Highlights in case anyone cares... lol

• Options
    @moguippy yes to the freezer meal thread!
  • Options
  • Options
    @moguippy yes to freezer meal thread!

@mdfarmchick wow great pictures!
  • Options
    Any STM/+ moms have any favorite brands of nursing attire? Specifically I'm looking for something a little dressy. If COVID gets better in our area we have potentially 2 graduations, a wedding and an ROTC commissioning ceremony to attend in the Spring.
    BFP #2 6/3/2020

*Trigger Warning*
    TTC 6/13/2015 | BFP #1 5/14/2017 | MMC 7/28/2017 (Trisomy 18) | IL + D&C 8/4/2017

• Options
    Yasssss freezer meals!!!!
  • Options
    Anyone’s littles in daycare currently and have ideas for gifts for their teacher/teachers??
  • Options
    @WildMagelet i didn’t invest in a lot of nursing clothes
    i did the nursing cami under my shirts for the most part and if i dressed up i just found a dress or top that had buttons
    then i could lift or unbutton but my stomach would still be covered and just unclip the tank

others may have different suggestions!
  • Options
    edited November 2020
    @WildMagelet for nicer nursing clothes when I was going to weddings and such, I actually just wore wrap dresses. They're super easy to loosen up and pop a boob out. For casual life, I wore lots of button up shirts with a nursing cami underneath. Besides a few nursing camis, I generally didn't buy many nursing-specific clothes because I didn't think they looked cute for the cost. LOL

ETA: With wrap dresses, just make sure that they're actual wrap dresses, and not ones that are sewn at the waist and just look like a wrap dress.
  • Options
    @PinkKathryn12 - I actually hadn't considered that! I have a few nursing clip camis with the built-in bras that if they end up being supportive enough I could potentially keep the layers down that way too.

@hannahbananas11 - So far I've been pretty lucky with 95% of my maternity-tops that most of them will probably be fine for casualwear after pregnancy, at least for a while. I would imagine that nursing tops are a lot like anything else baby (or wedding) related, - take a semi-normal garment and add a fancy label and increase the cost more than necessary because it's "specialty"  :D

I know that my go-to dress-up style would be a pain to nurse or pump in so even if end up in something that's not nursing specific it'll have to be different than my norm ;) I'm not sure why I hadn't considered the wrap-dresses, I might have to look into a few ;) 
    BFP #2 6/3/2020

*Trigger Warning*

• Options
    Anyone’s littles in daycare currently and have ideas for gifts for their teacher/teachers??
    I'm currently waiting on a chocolate mold to get in so I can make hot chocolate bombs for their teachers, bus driver, and a few friends. I'm thinking 3 ea plus a  mug and decor spoon in a little box. 
  • Options
    I’m ready for some Christmas cheer and I want to put my tree up but I don’t want to be fighting with my littlest any extra about not touching the ornaments. Lol
  • Options
    @PinkKathryn12 I usually bake but I’m guessing this year no one is going to want cookies from someone else’s house in the middle of a pandemic. We only have 1 day care lady and I’ll probably get her a gift card. 
  • Options
    Maybe it’s a sign and you’ll deliver on the 17th! To be fair , my due date is the 15th but my dating scan said the 12th so I’m curious what will happen. Last time they switched my date to the dating scan and I gave birth that day. 
  • Options
    @PinkKathryn12 I usually do a gas gift card or gift card to a food place (smoothie shop last year). 

@hannahbananas11 🤣 I wouldn't worry about using the "wrong" date. I keep telling people Jan 30th and then they assume it will be right after Christmas, I should really just say Feb 1 to avoid confusion
  • Options
    @hannahbananas11 @jumpy57
    jm due 2-1 but i just say “the end of January”!LoL

17th is as good as the 18th hahaha
  • Options
    @jumpy57 when I saw January 31st I instantly said "oh! New years baby!" and felt like such a dummy. Then when the hospital called with my offish pregnancy test results they said "oh! New years baby!" :D 
  • Options
    I'm with @birdiejo, maybe it's a sign <3

@PinkKathryn12 I always generalize February unless someone asks specifically. 😂
    BFP #2 6/3/2020

*Trigger Warning*

• Options
    I’m due 2/6 but my DS was almost 3 weeks early, this kiddo has always measured at least 4 days early. When people ask I just say “February”. It will most likely be January but, eh, the lady in the grocery store doesn’t need to know that lol. Very few babies come on their due dates anyway!
  • Options
    @moguippy - My OB & MFM provider have already told me we'll likely be a January baby, so I've already mentally prepared myself for that. Pretty much DH and one of my close work friends are the only ones who I've told that though. Everyone else can just get "February."
    BFP #2 6/3/2020

*Trigger Warning*

• Options
    @PinkKathryn12 I usually do a Biggby (coffee shop like Starbucks) giftcard because we have a ton of daycare employees and I get it for everyone not just the toddler room. Sometimes they switch it up and he will have a different teacher some days.

I always tell people I’m due feb (then their eyes get big because of my big belly) but will most likely be a January baby.
  • Options
    @moguippy, so true, they come when they are ready, no matter the due date! My oldest almost came 4months early so I had a rescue cerclage to keep things in check and after all the worry, she was extra cozy and I was induced a week after her due date. Meanwhile, her sister didn't need a cerclage and came a week early. This time around, I still do not need a cerclage and have passed the point of being allowed to have one if the need arises. Very few babies come on their due date, but who knows, maybe this one will be after the other two were one week over and one week before. (Although, I feel like, right now, this one will be a few days late. I'm thinking Feb 27th.)
  • Options
    @hannahbananas11 I was SUPER attached to real trees all my life too, but we had to get a fake tree starting last year because it's considered a fire hazard in the residential housing that we share with students. We bought one in the Black Friday sale at Balsam Hill and honestly? I don't hate it! It's pretty, it's pre-lit, it has 3 lighting settings (color, white, and combo), it's easy to set up and leave up for as long as you want, and it will probably save money in the long run. 
    Rainbow Baby? {2.1.21}
    MC at 8 weeks {EDD 9.2.20}
    Rainbow Girl! {2.28.16}Pregnancy Ticker
    Baby boy, lost at 16 weeks {EDD 6.10.15}

• Options
    @adorebel We got the exact same thing! I went with a 7.5' fraser fir from Balsam Hill with the three color settings. It's one of their "most realistic" trees, where they have the branches/needles molded to model real trees, so I'm hopeful that it'll look really good. It's shipped and should be here by the end of this week! I'm excited! We never bought anything over 5' when we'd get real trees (all my husband's fault; if I chose one out by myself it would be as tall as could fit in the house LOL), so I'm looking forward to having one that's taller than me! Haven't had that happen since I was little!!!