Pregnant after IF
Options

all trimester check in- week of 11/9/20

I hope it's okay that I start this.  
  • How far along/EDD?
  • How are you feeling this week?
  • Rants/Raves? Questions?
  • Upcoming appointments?
  • GTKY: Are you changing your Thanksgiving plans this year?  And for our Canadian/ Int'l friends: What are your holiday plans this year?

Also! Feel free to post pics of nurseries and bumps.

Calling:

@mtpbadger EDD 11/13 - Baby Boy is here! Congratulations!

@vetgirl2011 EDD 11/17 - Baby Boy is here!  Congratulations!

@omarismyhomeboy EDD 12/24

@the_road_to_oz EDD 12/31

@laurelew EDD 3/4

@Kimbrlyg814 EDD 3/6 

madasm0530 EDD 4/3

@lucyb1954 EDD 3/17

@FuzzyDust EDD 5/30

@halfanewt EDD 6/4

@laurad75 EDD 6/26

@late_bloomer EDD 6/27

History and blog link in spoiler
2016 - dx with super low ovarian reserve; failed cycle with clomid, failed IUI, 
2017 - egg retrieval #1 - 3 eggs, 0 embryos appropriate for transfer; ER #2 2 eggs, 0 embryos on day 3; ER #3 1 egg 0 embryos
moved to donor egg in summer 2017; 35 eggs retrieved; 19 fertilized; 9 total embryos
Fresh transfer Dec 2017= BFP!  baby boy born 8/22/18

May 2019 - surprise natural pregnancy ended in MC
Nov 2019 FET; MC at 9 weeks
May 2020 FET; BFN
July 2020 FET; CP treated with methotrexate
Oct 2020 BFP! 

Take a look at my blog

Re: all trimester check in- week of 11/9/20

• Options
    • How far along/EDD? 7+3, 6/27
    • How are you feeling this week?  I've had terrible migraines, I'm constantly hungry, and I'm exhausted.  I've also had occasional spotting, which is freaking me out.
    • Rants/Raves? Questions?  Like @laurad75, I had my 7 week scan this week and everything looked great.  I'm so relieved.  
    • Upcoming appointments? I have my next US next Tuesday.
    • GTKY: Are you changing your Thanksgiving plans this year?  And for our Canadian/ Int'l friends: What are your holiday plans this year?  We're not going home for Thanksgiving because we don't want to fly.  Instead, we're taking a road trip and spending a couple days in Joshua Tree National Park.  It should be a nice romantic trip so I'm hoping I'm feeling okay that week.  
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    • How far along/EDD? 24w, EDD 3/4/2021
    • How are you feeling this week? My stomach is hurting my today.  Not sure the exact cause however it feels like pre-pregnancy indigestion and pains I would potentially get from wearing clothes that are too tight.  Hopefully it is a one off thing.
    • Rants/Raves? Questions?  Rave: baby shower invitations went out on Monday!  One more project checked off my list.
    • Upcoming appointments?  Telehealth appt on Nov 24th.
    • GTKY: Are you changing your Thanksgiving plans this year?  And for our Canadian/ Int'l friends: What are your holiday plans this year?  We are doing dinner with my sister's family and my dad.  Basically our pandemic pod.  We will miss seeing extended family but I hope it is a nice Thanksgiving anyway.  Still waiting for the construction projects to begin so hopefully my house isn't a work zone the week of Thanksgiving!
    @laurad75 and @late_bloomer Congrats on awesome 7 week ultrasounds!! :)

• Options
    • How far along/EDD? 10+6, 6/4
    • How are you feeling this week? I was starting to feel better, then woke up super nauseous today. Ah, well. I think I’m getting less exhausted, at least. 
    • Rants/Raves? Questions? Had my first midwife appointment today and they did an US. So cool to actually see a little head and arms wiggling around! 
    • Upcoming appointments? NIPT blood draw tomorrow - couldn’t squeeze both appts in today
    • GTKY: Are you changing your Thanksgiving plans this year?  And for our Canadian/ Int'l friends: What are your holiday plans this year? We usually cook and host, so we’ll still be cooking, just not hosting. Still planning on 3 pies, though :) 
    @laurad75 @late_bloomer congrats on good ultrasounds! 

@laurelew good luck with construction projects! We were finishing our floor one year right around thanksgiving - DH got the last board in and finished sweeping just in time to meet our families at the door with broom still in hand, lol
  • Options
    • How far along/EDD? 22wk3d, 3/17
    • How are you feeling this week? Crap! Struggling with nausea still. I had a low day on Thursday when I was just so frustrated with it that I cried. On the way back up now, but wish I could be more active in general. 
    • Rants/Raves? Questions? When do you all start preparing for birth? I haven't seriously decided on natural vs. epidural, although my mom has done both and strongly recommends epidural lol. 
    • Upcoming appointments? Next Friday I have to drink some nasty sugar drink and do the GD test. 
    • GTKY: Are you changing your Thanksgiving plans this year?  And for our Canadian/ Int'l friends: What are your holiday plans this year? This year my partner and I will be doing dinner on our own but hopefully it will be a nice day because we are planning to have coffee plus some treats in the backyard for my family. Honestly it will probably be nice -- usually we have to hit both families on Turkey Day so I'm looking forward to a little mellowness. 
    @vetgirl2011 So many congratulations!!! Yay! So did you not have a c-section at all? How are you feeling, are you at home now?

• Options
    @lucyb1954 I’m so sorry you still feel like crap! A mellow Thanksgiving sounds perfect!! Take your favorite anti-nausea meds before your glucose test! It made me incredibly nauseous, and I didn’t feel too bad after the first trimester. 

I did have a c-section, just earlier than planned. I also got to experience my water breaking (I had no idea there was THAT much fluid!!), and had contractions for about 3 hours until surgery. Recovery hasn’t been bad at all, and we have been home since Monday afternoon. Baby snuggles are amazing! 
  • Options
    @lucyb1954 In regards to preparing for the birth it's extra hard this year because many hospitals aren't offering childbirth classes.  We didn't do one with DS but I'm sure it is helpful in regards to deciding about pain meds, etc. They may offer them online or something.  At the end of the day a lot of women will agree that you can't prepare.  There are so many unknowns and you have to trust your instincts and your care team.  I was pro-pain meds but ended up getting a CS anyway.  
    History and blog link in spoiler
    2016 - dx with super low ovarian reserve; failed cycle with clomid, failed IUI, 
    2017 - egg retrieval #1 - 3 eggs, 0 embryos appropriate for transfer; ER #2 2 eggs, 0 embryos on day 3; ER #3 1 egg 0 embryos
    moved to donor egg in summer 2017; 35 eggs retrieved; 19 fertilized; 9 total embryos
    Fresh transfer Dec 2017= BFP!  baby boy born 8/22/18

May 2019 - surprise natural pregnancy ended in MC
    Nov 2019 FET; MC at 9 weeks
    May 2020 FET; BFN
    July 2020 FET; CP treated with methotrexate
    Oct 2020 BFP! 

Take a look at my blog

• Options
    @lucyb1954 I took classes offered through my OBs office for DD and honestly didn’t find them very helpful. It was more general information about birth, pain med options, stages of labor, etc. I wasn’t sure if I wanted an epidural or not (but was open) and opted for one with DD...didn’t get a choice this time around since I was too far along. One thing is if you are even considering an epidural, make sure you get an IV/fluids when you get checked into the hospital. At least at my hospital that’s a requirement and they need so much fluid into you before they can administer the epidural (one reason I didn’t get mine in time this delivery bc we just plain ran out of time). 

I also didn’t mind the sugar drink! It wasn’t great, but not horrible. If you can, get it cold....I’ve heard if it’s warm it’s even worse. Mine has always been ice cold and tolerable. 

@v@vetgirl2011 omg the water breaking, totally feel you there! My water broke with DD but I don’t think it was all the way bc this time it was WAY more fluid!! Thankfully DH moved back just in time otherwise he would have been directly in the splash zone lol