March 2021 Moms
Options

Naming... How you doing?

Hubby and I landed on a name by accident before this IVF cycle started and people are surprised we have something picked already. 

How goes the naming process for you? 

Re: Naming... How you doing?

• Options
    We were trying for 2.5 years so we had names already picked out (one for a boy, one for a girl). I was prepared to change my mind once we really knew the gender, because that happened with my 10yo... (had a name in mind for a girl but once I knew she was a girl, I just knew that name was not hers)... but that didn't happen with this baby. The boy name we picked still feels right. In fact I love it even more now. I LOVE my 10yo's name so much and she loves it too... I just hope this baby ends up liking his name too. It's an unusual name... but so far people have been nice about it. No one has tried to change our minds. 
    DD1 - 2010 TTC v2.0
  • Options
    We don’t find out what we are having, so we have two or three names picked out for each sex. We will pick when baby is here and we know who they are!!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I’m a little frustrated with this currently. My boyfriend and I agreed to a name and I thought it was settled. Then a few weeks later he’s like, “What are we naming him? Harrison?” We agreed on Rhys... Lol. So now I feel pressure to change it, because I don’t think he really likes it. The name he wants I don’t like. Wish we could find something we both love. Just sucks because I had my heart set since he said yes. 
  • Options
    @princessjenney we were trying for years too and had ideas but until the pregnancy was real we didn't seriously consider. The boy name I loved for over a year fell off the list once we got serious about naming. Never really settled on a boy name but had 2 options we were going with but the girl name just happened and was 'it' right away. 

• Options
    We had a first and middle name for a boy that I love and we both agreed to, but that’s out as we’re having another girl haha. I picked the 1st name for DD1 and he picked middle and we agreed we’d do the opposite for #2 (with veto powers). He’s set on the 1st name; I like it and it’s nice but prefer an alternative, so I’ve been struggling a bit to stop thinking of it that way. A longer version of the name I want works well as the middle name, so like 99% sure we have both names picked. 
  • Options
    Since before we got married my husband and I would randomly throw baby names at each other but it wasn’t until getting pregnant that we actually agreed on one boy name and one girl name. (We have very different tastes in names lol) But as soon as we found out we were having a girl, my husband decided he wasn’t sure about the name anymore.....lol I think he’s warming up to it again though cause he’s mentioned that name a couple times casually when referring to her. So maybe 😉
  • Options
    Still undecided. I have a list on my phone of all the possibilities and we add or takeaway as we think of new names. DS has named his baby brother ‘Benz’ so that is how we refer to baby also. 😂
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    We’re on our third girl, so naming her has been incredibly tough!!   It feels like we’ve cycled thru so many names with our first two that were working with second and third choices now but we’re determined to come up with one we love just as much as we love our first 2 girls’ names!   We’re both very picky but I think we may have found a first name we both love!  🤞🏼
  • Options
    Choosing a name for a third boy is tough stuff! We have it narrowed down to two names at this point but I wouldn't be surprised if we wind up going with something different altogether. The first name I LOVE is becoming really popular which makes me sad because that's something my husband and I have really tried to avoid. 
  • Options
    We had a girl name in mind before being pregnant this time around but now are open to bouncing around some other ideas too. With our first, we basically went into the hospital with two names and chose after she was born. I think we’ll do the same this time around.
    TTC history in spoiler
    Me: 31 Him: 37
    Married: Oct 2015
    Baby G born June 2017
    TTC#2: July 2018
    BFP #2: 2/6/19 MC 3/14/19
    BFP#3 from IUI #2: 6/30/20 EDD 3/9/21

Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy  Baby Tracker

• Options
    I think we've decided on a first name that we're settling into at the moment.  With our first, it took a loooong time to decide on a name but once we knew, it was THE ONE. This time, we're pretty set on the name but we definitely don't have the same THIS IS IT feeling.  Middle name and Korean name are still pending.
    Together 2007 | Married 2011 | Me: 36 | DH: 38
    Adopted Furbaby: 2014
    TTC#1 : 1/2016 | IUI #2 - BFP 12/24/16 -- born 9/8/17
    TTC#2: 11/2019 | Dx DOR (AMH 0.3), AMA
    IUI #2 - BFP 7/1/20 -- EDD 3/14/21
  • Options
    We're kind of stuck at the moment. Naming two girls is harder than it seems haha. We had two full boys names picked out, but obviously those won't work now, and feminizing those names is not really our favorite. 

We have two girls names picked out, and we're pretty solid on one and waffling on the second first name. It's getting irritating that we have people IRL kind of pressuring us for the names. My best friend asked me if I'd share the first initials, and I had to tell her no because we're going back and forth on name #2. My MiL started asking MH about names over the weekend and made several suggestions, and MH almost choked when she suggested the name we're actually pretty firm on haha. 

The middle names are both family names, and privately I will admit I dislike one of the names but I know it will mean a great deal to MH's family so I'm going to hold my nose and do it. 
    me: 35 / so: 34 | ttc #1 since 9/2018
    DX: MFI
    IVF Cycle #1 February 2020 4 embryos frozen, 1 fresh transfer = CP 
    FET #1 Natural Cycle March 2020 CXL'd due to Covid-19 :( 
    FET #1 Natural Cycle June 2020 - CP #2
    FET #2 Natural Cycle July 2020 - BFP!!!!!! Beta #1 = 273

June Signature Challenge - Favorite TV Quotes

• Options
    Originally we told people a joke name just to get them off our backs, but then hubby said they're going to start making or buying things with her name on it so we "changed our minds".

@mvt2003 tell them you're not solid on anything right now and you'll get back to them when you are. 

@clevans1 I went to the SSA baby names website, changed it to 1000 names and started from the bottom. 
  • Options
    @duhduhduck we’re also going with the no telling route. My family and some select friends are so opinionated and I’d rather not hear It. 😅
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    We are getting absolutely nowhere. I keep throwing out names, and my husband has suggested a few, but in every case the other has been less than enthusiastic. Definitely nothing has felt like "the one" so far.

Like pretty much everyone else, I'd like to find a name that is not too common, but not too unusual and won't saddle my daughter with a lifetime of correcting other people's pronunciation or spelling. @kloe818, I might steal your idea of looking at the SSA top 1000 and working my way up from the bottom.
  • Options
    @cmortmain It worked...the name we picked is ranked 479 last year but was apparently really popular in the 1980s. 
  • Options
    I'm pretty sure we have decided on a name but my husband won't commit 100%. I think he is just trying to drive me crazy tbh. We have never had a boy's name picked out though even with our last pregnancy. We decided on my daughter's name the day we found out we were having a girl but never really agreed on a boy name prior to finding out what we were having. My daughter has a very family oriented name though so it was tricky coming up with another name that feels right. I went through an entire baby name book and had a list of about 11 names but my husband didn't love any of them. He keeps coming back to the fact none of them are meaningful because they don't have a family connection. So we went back to looking at family names and there is one option we both like. So I reallllly don't know why he won't commit to it because there are literally no other options as far as I am concerned lol 
  • Options
    edited November 2020
    We had our name picked out at like 6 weeks....same with our first daughter. we just seem to know when it feels right. So thankful We've been able to agree!