1st Trimester

Needing Some Help/Advice

So right around when my period tracker app said I should be ovulating I started getting some fatigue/puffy breasts. Not out of the normal for me so I didn't think anything of it. I have very irregular periods, sometimes a 20 day cycle sometimes 32 day cycle and anything in between so I track just for my own record. Then the boobs just kept getting bigger and bigger and bigger until my SO pointed out not only are they huge my areolas are dark and swollen. So I'm now on day 29 of my cycle and I figured even if I'm having a 32 day cycle it should be far enough to use a FRER. It was negative. The past two weeks I've been tired, nauseated, moody and crying constantly for no reason, and my boobs are so large and tender that wearing a shirt has become very uncomfortable, I've also noticed my clothes are fitting very tight. This was not planned at all and I don't track ovulation or anything so that in combination with my cycle being so erratic I'm lost. I've had a miscarriage before a few years ago and I felt just like this when I first got a positive so I expected a positive when I tested yesterday. I tested mid afternoon. I have one more but I'm going to wait a few days to use it. Any advice or insight as to what's going on? I started extra Folate and daily baby asprin just to be safe. My last period was Oct 14 (4 days).  

Re: Needing Some Help/Advice

• dizzyelf said:
    So right around when my period tracker app said I should be ovulating I started getting some fatigue/puffy breasts. Not out of the normal for me so I didn't think anything of it. I have very irregular periods, sometimes a 20 day cycle sometimes 32 day cycle and anything in between so I track just for my own record. Then the boobs just kept getting bigger and bigger and bigger until my SO pointed out not only are they huge my areolas are dark and swollen. So I'm now on day 29 of my cycle and I figured even if I'm having a 32 day cycle it should be far enough to use a FRER. It was negative. The past two weeks I've been tired, nauseated, moody and crying constantly for no reason, and my boobs are so large and tender that wearing a shirt has become very uncomfortable, I've also noticed my clothes are fitting very tight. This was not planned at all and I don't track ovulation or anything so that in combination with my cycle being so erratic I'm lost. I've had a miscarriage before a few years ago and I felt just like this when I first got a positive so I expected a positive when I tested yesterday. I tested mid afternoon. I have one more but I'm going to wait a few days to use it. Any advice or insight as to what's going on? I started extra Folate and daily baby asprin just to be safe. My last period was Oct 14 (4 days).  
    No one can tell you any better except a doctor and that extra hpt. You’re doing about all you can right now. Wait a couple days and test again until you have a bfp or hit day 60 on your cycle. Also, it’s against the forum rules to ask if you’re pregnant.
    DD1: June '16 DD2: March ‘19 :::: Married since 2011 :::: USN Wife ::::
  • Thank you, I didn't mean to break the rules, I'd like to clarify I was asking if anyone had a similar experience not if I'm pregnant or not. Obviously no one here could give me that answer. Thanks
  • Loading the player...
  • dizzyelf said:
    Thank you, I didn't mean to break the rules, I'd like to clarify I was asking if anyone had a similar experience not if I'm pregnant or not. Obviously no one here could give me that answer. Thanks
    DD1: June '16 DD2: March ‘19 :::: Married since 2011 :::: USN Wife ::::
  • So sorry for you loss. Just know that everything you’re feeling is caused by progesterone and can happen whether you’ve conceived or not. Last cycle I was positive I was pregnant because I had all the symptoms. I was not. Tracking ovulation by tracking bbt is very easy and inexpensive and might be worth it for your own sanity in situations like this. Best of luck. 
  • @dizzyelf Sorry for your loss.  I'd definitely recommend temping!  It will help you determine when/if you O'd and if your luteal phase is too short and causing issues with your PGs.  Depending on how long ago your MC was, you could also have wonky cycles and symptoms from that as it can take months for your cycles to go back to 'normal' or some new 'normal' and you can experience symptoms during your cycles you'd never ever had before.  Post-MC I've had cyles where I could've SWORN I was PG because I felt miserable.  I had one cycle where I was soooo nauseous that had it not been for the fact that I was bleeding like a stuck pig, I would've staked my entire savings and retirement on the fact that I was PG.  Symptoms lie.

Also, if you're far enough along to be having symptoms of PG, then you should get a BFP.  If not, then these symptoms are from something else.  I agree with @meggyme that you should keep testing every few days/week until you either get AF, get a BFP, or have hit 60 days and need to call your doctor. 
    #BitterHagPartyOf1

Melody Pond GIF