Babies on the Brain

WRW 11/11

tumbleweed-1tumbleweed-1 member
edited November 2020 in Babies on the Brain
***General TW that this thread might contain discussions mentioning MC and loss.*** 

Welcome to Waiting Room Wednesday! You can express your thoughts, feelings, and frustrations on not TTC and connect with others who are in the same boat. TTC can be a long journey, and having to wait makes it feel even longer -- even if it is for a good reason. 

I invite you to resurrect this thread at any point in the week if you have something to say. Treat this like an ongoing conversation. 

When do you think you will start TTC? 

What brings you to WRW?

Any R/R?

GTKY: When is it time to put up winter holiday decorations? 

Edit because I forgot to change the GTKY 

Re: WRW 11/11

• When do you think you will start TTC? I’m thinking spring or summer 2021 

What brings you to WRW? It’s long way to wait 

Any R/R? We did most of our Xmas shopping already (for the kid, anyway) because we had the chance and this year has been so unpredictable that I figured we should get it done while we could! 

GTKY: When is it time to put up winter holiday decorations? I came up with this question because I put lights up in the window this morning. Lol. Typically I wait until December, but I’m feeling like there’s no rules this year
  • Congrats on having shopping done! Woo! That’s huge

When do you think you will start TTC? Who. Freaking. Knows. 🤦‍♀️

What brings you to WRW? Ditto, Tumbleweed

Any R/R? DH has two interviews this week for senior jobs and only one would require a move. Here’s hoping 🤞

GTKY: When is it time to put up winter holiday decorations? I freaking love this question. I briefly thought about putting the tree up the day after Halloween (fully support no rules 2020), but I’m glad I didn’t get around to it because it’s been 80ish degrees all week. Super weird for my location. It’s been bizarre to be taking my girls out for bike rides while wearing shorts and t-shirts and see through my neighbor’s open windows that they have their trees up and fully decorated. Anyways, there’s no way I’m decorating for Christmas until we can do so all cozied up with the fire place on and drinking hot chocolate and that’s just the way it is 😂
  • Loading the player...
  • Hi! Brand new here at my first WRW!! Nice to meet you all!

@tumbleweed-1 I feel like if nothing else this is the year to be done your christmas shopping early with all the craziness going on - but I have nothing done! Well done to you though, that's a huge load off!

When do you think you will start TTC? January?? maybe???? ( see post re: agonising lol)

What brings you to WRW? I need to talk to people in a similar situation

Any R/R? getting very near that point where I feel like I cannot stand even one more day of this lockdown. Going to book a nice hotel literally 20 min away for when lockdown lifts to have something to look forward to.

GTKY: When is it time to put up winter holiday decorations? I'd normally be the person putting decorations up in November anyway  :D Just glad to see everyone else has joined in this year! 

• TTC: either later this month or next month, hubs and I are finally on the same page after waffling at different times over the last 5 years. COVID delayed our original plans of trying in September, then I wanted to wait for a vaccine, then I ran out of patience, lol

WDW: just something to do, I was active on these boards during my first ttc/pregnancy journey (kiddo is now almost 6!), it was nice to talk to others about this experience anonymously when I’m not comfortable being so public about it

R/R: super nope! Homeschooling kinder, working full time, so far 2 planned vacations (and counting) have been indefinitely postponed. Constant anxiety about Covid and choices to be made around Covid. 

GTKY: we put up the tree last weekend, and I plan to put up more decorations this weekend. I usually wait until after thanksgiving, but what is time these days?? Lol
  • TWO new posters this month?! 🥳 this board is so slow so this is amazing.

@dsher I feel you on not being able to handle lockdown any longer.

@Aerialmrs I could not agree more that time doesn’t exist right now. Kudos to you for homeschooling while working full time. I’m not sure how working parents are managing right. You guys are rockstars.
  • @tumbleweed-1 kudos for getting most of your shopping out of the way! I’ve started looking but waiting for some better Black Friday deals 

@doodleoodle I completely get you on the weird warm weather during Christmas time! When I lived in Florida, it was SO WEIRD wearing shorts and a t-shirt on Christmas Day. I hated it.  

Yay! Newbies! Welcome! 

@dsher definitely agreed! So over this lockdown! (But understand why) 

@Aerialmrs welcome back to TB! Wow working full time AND homeschooling. Major props! 

When do you think you will start TTC? 
    Anytime between now and July 2021

What brings you to WRW?
    see what everyone else said lol

Any R/R?
    It’s been a pretty crazy week for me. I was in the hospital again last Sunday and they kept me overnight this time. Still no definite answer but they said “it could simply be migraines....or cancer or brain hemorrhage”. I’m just really frustrated because they said the chances of it being the last two were so low that they didn’t feel the need to test it to rule it out (the tests could apparently make my symptoms worse). But if the chances were so low, why even tell me it could be those FATAL diseases and then do nothing about it? Like??? Then on Friday DH’s step grandad passed away from COVID so it’s been a pretty stressful time in our household. 

GTKY: When is it time to put up winter holiday decorations? Growing up it was always after Thanksgiving but now that I live in a country where thanksgiving isn’t a thing lol it’s December 1st. But I always say there is no right time. Do what you want and F the haters lol 

Me: 29 | DH: 28
    Due: 6 Nov 2021
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    PitaPata Dog tickers