Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days:
FTM/STM/STM+:
Team Green/Pink/Blue/Finding Out:
Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of:
Upcoming appointments:
How are you feeling?:
Rants/Raves:
Questions:
GTKY: Did you go to college? If so, what did you major in? If not, what did you do post high school?

Re: Week 4+ (5/22 -5/31) - Week of 11/9

• Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days: 12+1 (!!)
    FTM/STM/STM+: FTM
    Team Green/Pink/Blue/Finding Out:  should be getting NIPT results any day now---finding out!!
    Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of: an army man little figure
    Upcoming appointments: thursday for NT scan 
    How are you feeling?: actually pretty okay!  starting to get uncomfortable though when sitting/laying for a while.  however i can make it through the day without naps now
    Rants/Raves: nothing extraordinary quite yet this week
    Questions: how long did it take for NIPT results for you?  unsure if it makes a difference but i THINK they uses a company called GenPath?
    GTKY: Did you go to college? If so, what did you major in? If not, what did you do post high school? ultimately marketing, but not without brief stints in journalism, finance, and economics
  • Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days: 12+2
    FTM/STM/STM+: STM
    Team Green/Pink/Blue/Finding Out: Finding out
    Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of: apricot
    Upcoming appointments: 12 w us with my OB today. 
    How are you feeling?: pretty good
    Rants/Raves: I don't really trust my OB anymore and it kind of makes me sad.  He's really calm, but I don'[t trust him to give me up to date information and recommendations.  
    Questions: 
    GTKY: Did you go to college? If so, what did you major in? If not, what did you do post high school? I finished in general studies, but majored in a few things and couldn't make up my mind.  I started with psychology and someone told me I had to have a masters or PhD to do anything with that, so I changed my major, and got a masters in social work.  Only if I had believed in myself from the beginning. 

TTC #1 since August 2015
    BFP #1 January 28, 2016
    EDD October 3, 2016
    Felicity Joy, born September 2, 2016
    My Chart
    TTC #2 Since August 2020
    BFP #2 September 11, 2020
    EDD May 23, 2021

• Loading the player...
  • Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days: 12 weeks today 
    Team Green/Pink/Blue/Finding Out: Team Green
    Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of: toy army soldier 
    Upcoming appointments: Thursday group gentics counseling and Friday 12 week ultrasound
    How are you feeling?: pretty good - believe I found this babys heartrate so that was a nice reassurance. Also got approved to work remotely nkw so thats one less thing to stress.
    Rants/Raves: Rave - if all goes well Friday we are taking family xmas cards on Saturday and plan to use those pictures as our announcement opportunity. 
    Questions: NATM
    GTKY: Did you go to college? If so, what did you major in? If not, what did you do post high school? I went college (undergrad and graduate) for education and have been a high school sped teacher now for 10.5 years. 

@asf0613 I didnt have NIPT but i think all my blood results have shown up in my account within a week and if not I send the doctor a follow up message. 
  • Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days: 12 weeks tomorrow
    FTM/STM/STM+: FTM
    Team Green/Pink/Blue/Finding Out: It's a girl.
    Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of: Reese's cup
    Upcoming appointments: 12 week u/s and appt on Thursday
    How are you feeling?: I don't know if it's kosher to discuss here, but I was convinced we were having a boy and I'm feeling incredibly disappointed and disconnected from the pregnancy. 
    Rants/Raves: My OB office scheduled me with a PA for Thursday's appt, but I was able to call and switch it to be with the MD since I have some concerns re: headaches, depression, etc. 
    Questions: Nope
    GTKY: Did you go to college? If so, what did you major in? If not, what did you do post high school? Yes- human biology. 
  • @mkc3888 Are you going to switch OBs? 
  • *lurking from wk1* @priyadoc - I think any range of emotions during pregnancy is totally normal and we shouldn't feel guilty for having them!

We found out we're having a girl as well, and my husband is so disappointed because he really really wanted a boy. I would say that he's still processing it. I was also originally hoping for a boy, but once I saw my little girl on our 14wk ultrasound kicking and moving, it was total love all the same! 

Hopefully you will adjust over time and it's really important that you continue to monitor how you're feeling. I'm glad you'll be able to talk to a MD on Thursday and that you feel you can be open about your symptoms. I'm experiencing relatively frequent tension headaches when I wake up and they suck! Let me know what your doc says about those. Good luck ♡
  • @littlelibelula I decided to make the switch. I saw my ob yesterday and there were a few things that rubbed me the wrong way and I decided to call this morning. At 8 weeks I asked about the flu shot and he told me to get it at a pharmacy and after 12 weeks and make sure it’s thermerisol and Mercury free. I saw my mfm at 10 weeks ans he told me that this was old info that was just pulled out of thin air and wasn’t even based on research. The current recommendation is at any point in pregnancy and he urged me to get my flu shot ASAP. I did. So when I saw my ob yesterday I asked him about it and he said well your 12 weeks now so go get it and after I told him about what my mfm said. He then told me it’s safe at any point from conception to delivery. I told him he has to signs saying to wait until 2 weeks and he didn’t respond. He also asked if I wanted the birth defect test. And didn’t really give me any info on it. I told him I guess no since in the state of LA you can’t do anything about it anyway and he just said nope. So when I left I thought about it and when I went to bed I talked to dh about it and he agreed. It may be time for the switch. I called the new ob and they are faxing me a consent to release records to request on my behalf. 

TTC #1 since August 2015
    BFP #1 January 28, 2016
    EDD October 3, 2016
    Felicity Joy, born September 2, 2016
    My Chart
    TTC #2 Since August 2020
    BFP #2 September 11, 2020
    EDD May 23, 2021

• @ruby0902 Thank you so much for responding and for understanding/validating my feelings. I hope I feel the same way at tomorrow's ultrasound! I'll definitely let you know what she says about the headaches, they have been terrible and all the crying does not help!
  • Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days: 11 + 2 / edd May 31st

FTM/STM/STM+: first time... Just have one fur baby right now 

Team Green/Pink/Blue/Finding Out: My hubby wants to find out and I am pretty neutral, so I guess that makes us team finding out! 

Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of: fits in the end of a paper towel roll? 

Upcoming appointments: NT ultrasound on Monday Nov 16th. Just got the call yesterday that they have upgraded their COVID measures now and my hubby can't come for this one. He's pretty bummed about it, but I'm just glad they didn't full out cancel my appointment.

How are you feeling?: Mostly good, the nausea seems to be cutting back, spotting seems to have stopped, but I could live without the cramping. 

Rants/Raves: nothing... Just chugging along for now, waiting for the crazy mood swings to start.. haha. 

Questions: did you guys have to specifically ask for NIST testing? I asked my OB about it at our last appt and she didn't leave me with confidence in her answer that I was actually getting the testing as she said it was just included with the NT scan and associated blood work. I thought I had to request it special. None of the blood work req sheets appear to have anything specific for NIST either. I'm in Canada if that makes a difference in your answers... 

GTKY: Did you go to college? If so, what did you major in? If not, what did you do post high school? Yup, went to university, did a BSc in Life Sciences then a MSc in Experimental Medicine. 
  • @priyadoc good to see you here! was wondering about you.  i cannot relate because we do not know gender yet, but from what so many other ladies have said on this and other boards, i think it is okay and natural to feel how you do.  no guilt!!!
  • Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days: May 26th / 12w, 1d

Team Green/Pink/Blue/Finding Out: Finding out 
    Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of: Roborovski hamster

First appointment: Nov 13, so excited

How are you feeling?: Once I'm satiated I can't eat anymore, forcing it makes me feel terrible. I don't get morning sickness, but it's frustrating having to eat slowly or not being able to finish that last piece on my plate. 

Rants/Raves: It's my mother in laws birthday today so we are ordering in and having a small celebration. No cooking tonight! 

Questions: NATM

GTKY: Did you go to college? If so, what did you major in? If not, what did you do post high school? Yes, I have a BSc in Biology. Dabbled in a Masters of Occupational Therapy. My longest running job was teaching high school life science and Biology.