February 2021 Moms
Options

Product Spotlight: Rockers, Gliders, etc.

Tell us what you have and what you love and hate about it and feel free to ask about everyone else’s opinions too. 

Re: Product Spotlight: Rockers, Gliders, etc.

• Options
    I have this from Pottery Barn... I bought the floor sample and I don’t really have regrets. MH really wanted the ability to recline too. It cost me about the same as a regular chair would have been and I specifically wanted something that could be used in the nursery or in my living room. It’s currently in our living room and everyone who comes over wants to sit in it. Lol. 

• Options
    Same as @mdfarmchick, I got a rocker/swivel/recliner from the now defunked Babies R Us. Our nursery is smaller so I didn’t want to take up space with a separate foot rest. It worked out well for us and we will use it again with this baby. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I got a regular chair that reclines (but doesn't rock) from the local furniture store. It's a Lazy Boy brand chair (but not the regular Lazy Boy recliner chairs; you can't tell that it reclines from looking at it). It's super comfy and looks very nice as a regular chair in our living room. It worked perfectly for nursing DS because the arm rests are low enough and the chair is wide enough that DS's head didn't hit either side while nursing.
  • Options
    Here is the one we got:

https://www.crateandbarrel.com/babyletto-kiwi-ivory-power-recliner-glider/s585126

It hasn't actually arrived yet, but I think we went to every single furniture store in the metro area to test out rockers. My H really wanted something that reclined, and I wanted to make sure that the back was high enough and that the chair looked somewhat stylish. This was where we landed! 
  • Options
    moguippymoguippy member
    edited November 2020
    I’ll be the odd one out with my rocker. We have this one:
    Naomi Home Brisbane Glider and Ottoman Set Black/Gray Chevron https://smile.amazon.com/dp/B00YKBD8TK/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_fabc_nhZQFbY9NAF5E?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

its just alright. I wanted a legit glider that was easier to clean (I did most of my BFing there and my DS spit up a LOT.) All of the fabric pieces come off and can go in the wash which is a big bonus but it creaks sometimes and that is super annoying. It also has a smaller footprint than the bigger chairs and I love the little pockets on the side (currently full of DS’s nighttime stories, but used to be stuffed with burp cloths). We don’t use the footstool. 

ETA: it has a lot of bad recent reviews but we haven’t had any quality issues other than the occasional creaking. 
  • Options
    We have wooden rocking chair (another family piece) we plan on using, but I am shopping around for a cushion for it if anyone has any recommendations! (Otherwise off to Amazon reviews I go ;) )
    Me: 34 | DH: 46
    SD: 21 & SS: 17
    BFP #2 6/3/2020

*Trigger Warning*
    TTC 6/13/2015 | BFP #1 5/14/2017 | MMC 7/28/2017 (Trisomy 18) | IL + D&C 8/4/2017

• Options
    @kkfishy9 I love that one! Mine has a very similar look/ functionality but we got it 6.5 years ago and not as fanceh as yours. We still love it! 
  • Options
    The first time around I had a small lazy boy that we actually kept in the living room since the nursery is right next to our room. We did that so we would wake the other one up. This time I decided I wanted a nursery glider.

I snagged this one on prime day for $300 and LOVE it so far. I like sitting in it to relieve my back pain nowadays.
    https://www.amazon.com/Delta-Children-Recliner-Featuring-LiveSmart/dp/B079QDLNT7/ref=mp_s_a_1_3?dchild=1&keywords=delta%2Bgavin%2Bglider%2Bchair%2Bfor%2Bnursery&qid=1605068720&sr=8-3&th=1&psc=1