July 2021 Moms
Options

Weekly randoms

Has anyone had betas drawn yet? If so, what are your numbers?
im 3w4d and my draw today was 2238 which makes me hopeful for twins. Can’t wait for my second draw on Friday 

Re: Weekly randoms

• Options
    had my first draw at 16dpo = 774, second draw 2 days later= 2218 (31 hour doubling time - yay!). Had my third and final draw today (1 week after my last) and will have the numbers sometime this afternoon. 

@marikkita12 that is a super strong number for so 3w4d... maybe it is twins!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    @karacc18 what were your numbers from today? I hope they’re good!!!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @marikkita12 they were 20,679! Comfortably within doubling time, so feeling hopeful and now impatiently waiting for the viability U/S on the 17th lol. 
    Good luck with your draw today!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    @karacc18 those sound like great betas! 
    @marikkita12 have you gotten your numbers back from your second draw? 
  • Options
    @Daisy525 they were 4322 which is good doubling for 48 hours. I think my math might be off as far as when we conceived. I’m excited for my ultrasound in Friday. 
  • Options
    What made you emotional this week? I just cried while watching The Grinch😂🤦🏼‍♀️
  • Options
    Y’all. I’m sooooo sick. I can’t believe how much I forgot about 1st trimester. I’ve already lost 1kgs and I’m only 6 weeks. 😭😭 

*Live, Love, Laugh, Learn*

• Options
    @daisy528 - I don't cry much usually but cried twice this week  :D  

I cried during a run because my coach was so motivational and then I felt like a total weirdo running and crying, also cried last night watching Harris give her speech which caught me completely off-guard. 
  • Options
    marikkita12marikkita12 member
    edited November 2020
    I most definitely cried last night during Kamala’s speech. Other than exhaustion I don’t have any other symptoms which makes me a bit nervous. I wish I had some more just for reassurance  

@daisy528 last time I cried watching The Martian when Mark Watney gets left behind in Mars. Mind you, I had previously watched the movie AND read the book. My husband keeps a list of reasons why I cry during pregnancy 
  • Options
    Oof I teared up during a Daniel Tiger episode yesterday LOL!!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I just called the doctor to schedule my first appointment. They don't see patients until 12 weeks but since that date will fall on Christmas for me, they will see me at 11 weeks. Is anyone else waiting this long? Is this normal now? With my first two I was seen around 6 weeks. 
  • Options
    @kfry22 I ran into the same issue. Called a new OB and they said earliest they will see me is 10 weeks, but like you, last pregnancy I was seen at 6 weeks. I was given the impression it’s their usual practice (not due to covid). I was told I could schedule an appt at 7 weeks but that it wouldn’t be covered by my insurance. It seems like such a long wait! We’ll practically be done with first trimester by then lol. 
  • Options
    Insurance is part of my battle as well. I work for a school district and our insurance is not accepted by any of the doctors and hospitals in our area, except for a special exception for my current doctor. However, I can drive 30-45 minutes south to a larger city and see almost any doctor in that area. Don't want to switch doctors or drive that far, so I guess I will wait it out. 
  • Options
    My OB sees you between 8 -10 weeks. I think it is getting to be more if the norm. I know before 8 weeks there is a rush they won't be able to see a heartbeat yet and cause undue concern.  
  • Options
    Today is one of those days at work where EVERYTHING is super frustrating. Thank goodness I leave at 2:30 on Mondays.
  • Options
    @akuzreve so exciting!! Keeping my fingers crossed so hard for you!
  • Options
    @daisy528 ugh SAME. I was swimming upstream all day. fortunately nothing really awful was going on, but almost every single thing was SO annoying. ready to sleep it off and start over tomorrow. 
  • Options
    @AKuzReve Good luck with your ultrasound tomorrow! 🤞
  • Options
    Also, I can do the product spotlight for July too. I am kind of straddling both board since I fall between them. Anyways, I can start it on Monday! 

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1gQ15icabc2GeCE2lSdKHrJ8RvxQtgu8ochD_r2fZJT0/edit?usp=sharing
  • Options
    @AKuzReve good luck today!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Not sure where this goes since we don't have a symptom board.

TW - spotting

I have been having some very light spotting (old blood tinted discharge) and yesterday after exercising I got bright red spotting.  I am very nervous.  They decided to bring me in today for an ultrasound.   I have been Trying to distract myself with work but I am too nervous.
  • Options
    @gadzooks_3 hopefully it’s nothing serious and you just over worked yourself! Keep us posted on how it goes! 

@AKuzReve speaking of ultrasounds, how did yours go?!
  • Options
    Ultrasound was inconclusive.  They can see a gestational sack but nothing else. Might be due to low resolution. Sending me to get an ultrasound at radiology on Friday.  It's not clear to me how much hope o should or should not gave st this time.  They were not terribly informative

• Options
    @gadzooks_3 hopefully it is just a little early, and that Friday goes well! FX for you🤞🏻
  • Options
    @gadzooks_3 thinking good thoughts for you! Keep us posted 
  • Options
    bkjadebkjade member
    edited November 2020
    @gadzooks_3 - I'll be keeping you in my thoughts.
  • Options
    @AKuzReve yes, ultrasound thread time! 
  • Options
    @gadzooks_3 I’m keeping you in my thoughts. I know it’s easier said than done but try to not stress about it. Friday will be here before you know it. Sending you love 💕 
  • Options
    Is anyone cold all the time? I’m FREEZING literally always. Today I had to wrap my feet in the heating pad and they still won’t get warm. It’s going to be a long winter 
  • Options
    Anyone else getting terrible sleep? I’ve been tossing and turning all night and needing to get up to go which I never usually do. Don’t know if it’s excitement/nerves or if this is what I get to look forward to for the foreseeable future. 
  • Options
    @marikkita12 🙋‍♀️ I am always freezing too. I am currently wearing sweats, a fuzzy robe, AND socks - it’s not even cold outside today lol. I need to get this heating pad situation you have going! 
  • Options
    @gadzooks_3, FX it’s just too early! 

@marikkita12, super cold! Have to sit on the couch under 2 blankets!! 

@pharmd93, yep! I get terrible pregnancy insomnia. 

*Live, Love, Laugh, Learn*

• Options
    @gadzooks_3 thinking of you... hopefully you will be able to get a better look on Friday and all will be ok

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    @pharmd93 yes to the terrible sleeping. It's never been a symptom for me in the past but recently I've been tossing and turning all night. It makes it even harder to deal with tri1 exhaustion. 
  • Options
    @pharmd93 I’ve been struggling with sleep lately but mine is temperature related. I constantly wake up because I’m either freezing or boiling. There is no middle ground. I’ve been up since my 4 year old crawled in my bed at 230 because he was cold. So I attempted to sleep with a small wiggly heater attached to me which meant absolutely no sleep whatsoever 
  • Options
    heating pads during pregnancy yes or no? Obviously not on my tummy but just want to check. I feel like a ftm 
  • Options
    I think it’s fine @marikkita12. Just be conscious of where you put it and for how long. Like you said, no stomach but I would think it would be ok elsewhere.