• Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days:
  • FTM/STM/STM+:
  • Team Green/Pink/Blue/Finding Out:
  • Interesting Baby Fact / Baby is the size of:
  • Upcoming appointments:
  • How are you feeling?:
  • Rants/Raves:
  • Questions:
  • GTKY: What's your favorite fall/winter drink (now or pre-pregnancy)?

Re: 🕸️week 2 (5/8-5/14) check-in w/o 10/26

• Options
    • Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days: 12w1d
    • FTM/STM/STM+: 2 boys, 5 and almost 2
    • Team Green/Pink/Blue/Finding Out: Team Blue!
    • Interesting Baby Fact / Baby is the size of: a tree frog!
    • Upcoming appointments: Not until 11/23!!!
    • How are you feeling?: Tired and still randomly nauseated
    • Rants/Raves: My husband and I are going out of town for a long weekend with a couple friend to a cabin.  I'm sooooo looking forward to it!
    • Questions: None right now!
    • GTKY: What's your favorite fall/winter drink (now or pre-pregnancy)? I'm typically not a fan of hot drinks, I drink iced coffee year around.  I will, however, have get a chai latte during this time of year because it makes me think of Thanksgiving. 
    *Loss 8/2014*
    *Rainbow 8/2015*
    *Expected Rainbows 12/2018*
    *Loss of Twin 5/2018*

• Options
    • Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days: 11+6
    • FTM/STM/STM+: FTM
    • Team Green/Pink/Blue/Finding Out: Team green! 
    • Interesting Baby Fact / Baby is the size of: A Brussels sprout haha
    • Upcoming appointments: MFM appointment on Tuesday! Will have my third ultrasound...I guess this is the one and only perk of being high risk, so I’ll take it 
    • How are you feeling?: mostly good, I think my energy is returning even as my sleep gets worse. 
    • Rants/raves: originally i was going to see a local MFM on November 5, but turns out he is retiring in December and is slowly referring patients 90 minutes away to a team of MFMs. When I called his office on Friday to ask to be seen more urgently due to my sch, they said earliest would be Nov 2! With help from my hematologist, I got referred to that team of MFMs 90 minutes away thank goodness. I’m annoyed that the local MFM didn’t just refuse to schedule me back in October, so we could have planned for this. Why was he even considering taking new patients if he knew he was retiring?? Pregnancy is stressful enough without administrative hassle! Rant over :) I’m grateful I get to see someone tomorrow regardless of where they are, and that they got me in on short notice. 
    • Questions: 
    • GTKY: What's your favorite fall/winter drink (now or pre-pregnancy)? Chai lattes! ALL lattes! sadly I eliminated all caffeine bc of my anxiety + pregnancy and I miss my chai soooo badly. Now I order milk steamers with vanilla or hazelnut flavoring 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days: EDD 5/14, 11+3!
    FTM/STM/STM+: FTM
    Team Green/Pink/Blue/Finding Out: Finding out. Hopefully 7-10 days from tomorrow
    Interesting Baby Fact / Baby is the size of: a Lime or a Hot Wheels Car, take your pick
    Upcoming appointments: Tomorrow, 10/27 for NT and cell-free DNA tests (hence finding out gender in about a week 🤞🏽)
    How are you feeling?: Ok! I don't want to get my hopes up, but I had a lot of energy on Fri./Sat, so I hope that it's a light at the end of the first-tri tunnel.
    Rants/Raves: n/a though it seems I'm annoyed about a lot lately 
    Questions: 
    • Repeat moms - was your third tri exhaustion the same as your first tri exhaustion? 
    • Related - in an ideal world, when should we have our nursery ready to go (i.e. should I get it done while I have energy in second tri, or can we do it first month of third tri? We have to put everything in the current home office in storage, so trying to hold out as long as possible while I'm WFH).
    GTKY: What's your favorite fall/winter drink (now or pre-pregnancy)? Hot toddies and hot apple cider with bourbon, neither of which are pregnancy-friendly.
  • Options
    • Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days: 11+6
    • FTM/STM/STM+: STM 
    • Team Green/Pink/Blue/Finding Out: team đź’š
    • Interesting Baby Fact / Baby is the size of: peanut butter cup. lol
    • Upcoming appointments: had one today, next 11/23
    • How are you feeling?: lots of dizzies, still nauseous but the exhaustion has slowed itself
    • Rants/Raves: my husband is great. Really lucky to have him 
    • Questions:
    • GTKY: What's your favorite fall/winter drink (now or pre-pregnancy)? Peppermint Mochas. 🤤

@ec1212 honestly, I wouldn’t be in a rush. We didn’t move our son into his own room until he was 1 🤷🏻‍♀️ So think about how long/if you will keep baby in your room. I worked on ours during the 2nd tri, this time I’ll wait until
    we are ready to move baby out of our room
    since our son will have to move rooms too. 
  • Options
    @ec1212 regarding exhaustion, I feel like it's different. First tri exhaustion is other worldly IMO. I'm usually ok until about 34/35 weeks and then my body is exhausted. I feel like you could still get a ton done in early third tri! 
    *Loss 8/2014*
    *Rainbow 8/2015*
    *Loss of Twin 5/2018*

• Options
    • Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days: 5/8, 12+3
    • FTM/STM/STM+: STM
    • Team Green/Pink/Blue/Finding Out: Finding out (hopefully at 16 weeks)
    • Interesting Baby Fact / Baby is the size of: a plum
    • Upcoming appointments: Today! First appointment with MFM. They'll do the NT scan first and then I'll meet with the doctor after.
    • How are you feeling?: Absolutely effing terrible. 
    • Rants/Raves: blah
    • Questions: nope
    • GTKY: What's your favorite fall/winter drink (now or pre-pregnancy)? white hot chocolate
  • Options
    @gusgus14 See if the MFM can't get you some zofran samples.  Or have your husband do a teledoc appointment and tell them he's been severely nauseated recently and needs a zofran rx.  I'm so so sorry you feel so terrible!
    *Loss 8/2014*
    *Rainbow 8/2015*
    *Loss of Twin 5/2018*

• Options
    @texas_t I have zofran now. I finally got my refill last night. I had to find another pharmacy to avoid paying $200 for it and then transferring was a freaking pain because my old pharmacy kept hanging up on the new pharmacy when they would call to do the transfer. I waited a couple of days to go through the hassle of transferring because I thought I was feeling better when I ran out on Friday but that was a huge mistake. 
  • Options
    @gusgus14 Well thank God you finally have it. I'm so so sorry you're still feeling so awful.  
    *Loss 8/2014*
    *Rainbow 8/2015*
    *Loss of Twin 5/2018*

• Options
    Coming back to add a rave for my sweet husband. Today he changed the sheets (I haaaaate doing it), he mopped and he's going to put the cleats on my new spin shoes so I can ride my Peloton (hopefully have energy to in a couple weeks).

And another rave for having a teeny bit of energy. I may actually cook tonight...I miss cooking so much, and it would help me feel more normal to be able to!
  • Options
    My due date was changed to 5/8 after I had my first appointment with a midwife so I'm a part of week 2 now! 
    • Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days: Due 5/8, 12+5 I think?
    • FTM/STM/STM+: This is our third
    • Team Green/Pink/Blue/Finding Out: Team Blue!
    • Interesting Baby Fact / Baby is the size of: Plum
    • Upcoming appointments: Just had one earlier this week, next one isn't until 11/24
    • How are you feeling?: Appetite isn't fully back but I'm feeling much better and can eat a lot more. I still get slightly nauseas in the evening but it doesn't last too too long. 
    • Rants/Raves: I get really annoyed about the restrictions with not allowing partners into appointments for scans. I was a nervous wreck in my last one because of my history and I was so bothered that I had to go through it alone, and that other Mom's are possibly told really bad news and they have to go through it alone. I thought I could at least FaceTime my husband but the u/s tech said they don't allow that because "it's too much for us". I 100% take Covid seriously but sometimes I think some rules and restrictions are too extreme
    • Questions: 
    • GTKY: What's your favorite fall/winter drink (now or pre-pregnancy)? Pumpkin anything! Pumpkin cold brew from Starbucks is mine and DH's favorite. I haven't really been able to drink iced coffee or that latte because it's too acidic or something but hopefully soon!
  • Options
    @julianne0 I agree with you on the restrictions. I take this all seriously but pregnancy/birth & death need to be handled differently. đź’—
  • Options
    @ckmb_1250 yes, for sure!! To me it just doesn’t make a lot of sense and I’m surprised there aren’t more exceptions. 
  • Options
    @julianne0 I don’t understand how different health systems have such wildly different rules. At my clinic my partner can come for ultrasounds but not the other appointments. But I hear so many of you say your partners can’t come at all. I don’t get why there isn’t a standard. 
  • Options
    •  Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days: 5/11  13 +2 today 
    • FTM/STM/STM+: 1 boy and 1 girl 
    • Team Green/Pink/Blue/Finding Out: Finding out soon should have NIPT results any day. 
    • Interesting Baby Fact / Baby is the size of:  A Peach? Unsure 1 app says Lime too so ????
    • Upcoming appointment in November checking for Spina Bifida
    • How are you feeling?: I feel as though I am starving...All I want is fruits and veggies
    • Rants/Raves: I really miss Steak and fries and junk food. this baby is Pescatarian
    • Questions:
    • GTKY: What's your favorite fall/winter drink (now or pre-pregnancy)? Hot Chocolate but it tastes funny right now.  
    • I know I am late in posting always
  • Options
    Lady Leigh - no prob! We have a new weekly post (dated 11/2)...it’s just further down on the post lists cause fewer of us have posted this week. ❤️❤️❤️ Wish my baby were pescatarian. All I can eat is pasta with the occasionally veggie or salad. 
  • Options
    @samd6 I was wondering if other states might have different rules. I'm in MA and it's pretty strict here- our "lock down" was pretty strict until May and masks were mandated almost right away and are still mandated. I'm wondering if that has something to do with it. I find it to be so stupid though and I don't feel it's fair to the women who have been through traumatic pregnancies, experiencing a loss, etc.