Pregnant after IF

All Trimester Check In- week of 11/2/20

• How far along/EDD?
  • How are you feeling this week?
  • Rants/Raves? Questions?
  • Upcoming appointments?
  • GTKY: Where did you go on your favorite vacation?

Also! Feel free to post pics of nurseries and bumps.

Calling:

@mtpbadger EDD 11/13

@vetgirl2011 EDD 11/17

@omarismyhomeboy EDD 12/24

@the_road_to_oz EDD 12/31

@laurelew EDD 3/4

@Kimbrlyg814 EDD 3/6 

madasm0530 EDD 4/3

@lucyb1954 EDD 3/17

@FuzzyDust EDD 5/30

@halfanewt EDD 6/4

@laurad75 EDD 6/26

@late_bloomer EDD 6/27

Re: All Trimester Check In- week of 11/2/20

• @mtpbadger Congratulations! I’m so happy for you! I hope you get some rest and lots of baby snuggles. ❤️
  • Loading the player...
  • Congratulations @mtpbadger!!!
    History and blog link in spoiler
    2016 - dx with super low ovarian reserve; failed cycle with clomid, failed IUI, 
    2017 - egg retrieval #1 - 3 eggs, 0 embryos appropriate for transfer; ER #2 2 eggs, 0 embryos on day 3; ER #3 1 egg 0 embryos
    moved to donor egg in summer 2017; 35 eggs retrieved; 19 fertilized; 9 total embryos
    Fresh transfer Dec 2017= BFP!  baby boy born 8/22/18

May 2019 - surprise natural pregnancy ended in MC
    Nov 2019 FET; MC at 9 weeks
    May 2020 FET; BFN
    July 2020 FET; CP treated with methotrexate
    Oct 2020 BFP! 

Take a look at my blog

• How far along/EDD? 22w4d, EDD 3/4/2021
    • How are you feeling this week? Still great.  No real complaints.
    • Rants/Raves? Questions? None this week.  My birthday is coming up this weekend.
    • Upcoming appointments? Telehealth appointment today was uneventful, as expected.  Although it turns out they wanted me to get an echocardiogram this week that they never submitted a script for.  So I now have that scheduled for Friday afternoon.
    • GTKY: Where did you go on your favorite vacation? After IVF was a bit fat fail last summer, DH and I took a break from TTC and took a belated honeymoon to Belgium.  We stayed in Brussels, Bruges, and Ghent.  Such a lovely country.  We look forward to returning in the future -- after checking a few more new destinations off our our list that is!
    @mtpbadger CONGRATULATIONS!  So happy to hear that everyone is doing well. <3
    • How far along/EDD? 32 weeks / 12/31
    • How are you feeling this week? Fighting the good fight over here. I’m getting another iron infusion this week and one of my kidneys is having issues. Hanging on. Almost there. 
    • Rants/Raves? Questions? We finally built the crib 🥰
    • Upcoming appointments? Fluids every day, ultrasound on Friday. Hoping she grew and my fluids look better. She dropped from 67th to 46th last time so fingers crossed 
    • GTKY: Where did you go on your favorite vacation?  Disney world! We have been a couple of times- I love it there

• How far along/EDD? 20w5d, 3/17
    • How are you feeling this week? Blech. Still struggling with nausea. Had a really bad day with it yesterday and it's depressing honestly, not to be able to go out and do things and be more active. I definitely notice on days when I struggle with it more that my mood starts to plunge. @the_road_to_oz I totally feel for you! 
    • Rants/Raves? Questions? Eh the usual.  Constipation + nausea. Blech! I started some probiotics, and TBH I think they made me feel worse so I quit them. Too bad cuz they were $35 at Whole Foods!
    • Upcoming appointments? Not for a few weeks, I think. I have to check. But we just had anatomy scan last week and everything was beautiful! They got amazing photos of the heart so I don't have to go back for the fetal echo. 
    • GTKY: Where did you go on your favorite vacation? Italy, for sure! My father died in 2005. I unexpectedly came into some money three years ago from his estate and took myself and my SO to Italy. My favorites were Venice and Rome I think. I would love to go back to Venice. We spent a lot of time just on the water bus going back and forth and looking at everything. We stayed in Dorsudoro which is really relatively short on tourists and not crowded which was so nice. 

@mtpbadger Congratulations!!! Yay! Can't wait to hear more. 

In other news, my SO has been hedging a bit on telling his family about the pregnancy. However he did say he will tell them this week -- honestly we don't see them much so it's not a big deal and they will be mostly happy. He just has one sister that is judgy and gossipy and can somehow turn anything good into something bad so he just hasn't been wanting to deal with that. Which is understandable but it's time :) And while he's not a super vocal person, I think he's a little bit deer in headlights about actually having a baby after years of IF, I caught him googling baby names today which made me happy :)

Question for second time moms: Most useful items on your registries? Also, most helpful things people did for you post-birth? Meals, cleaning, etc? I know my family will want to help but I don't know what to ask them for. I can see that homemade meals would be super nice though. 

Happy November, friends! Still can't believe how fast time seems to be flying!
  • @lucyb1954 definitely meals or giftcards for uber eats/restaurants for take out. I also know ppl that have made a list and put it on the fridge so ppl don’t have to ask...add stuff as you think of it and just direct ppl there if they ask for help. Also, don’t be afraid to tell people to leave, especially in the beginning. 

Helpful things for baby: def a bouncer/swing to put the baby down in, some sort of wrap and a sound machine. 
    • How far along/EDD? 6+3/ 6/26
    • How are you feeling this week? Beautifully terrible.  I'm queasy, moody, irritated...all good signs that things are going well
    • Rants/Raves? Questions?  
    • Upcoming appointments?  First ultrasound is Monday 11/9 - I'm very anxious.
    • GTKY: Where did you go on your favorite vacation? I love to travel so it's hard to pick but my honeymoon was so special.  We did Napa and then 2 islands in Hawaii.  It was so extravagant but amazing.  
    2017 - egg retrieval #1 - 3 eggs, 0 embryos appropriate for transfer; ER #2 2 eggs, 0 embryos on day 3; ER #3 1 egg 0 embryos
    moved to donor egg in summer 2017; 35 eggs retrieved; 19 fertilized; 9 total embryos

May 2020 FET; BFN
    Oct 2020 BFP! 

Take a look at my blog

• @mtpbadger congratulations! What a story, too! Hope your stay is uneventful and you can both get home soon :) 

@lucyb1954 meals. All the meals. And if anyone offers to clean the bathroom, let them! Same with the “do you need anything from the store” offer - even if what you need is ice cream :) 

• How far along/EDD? 9+4, 6/4
    • How are you feeling this week? Moving from straight nausea to nauseous if I don’t eat. I’ll take that as a positive. 
    • Rants/Raves? Halloween was so much fun! Candy chutes need to stick around even after covid! 
    • Questions? For STMs+ - what, if anything, did you get/do you plan to get  new for #2? DS just turned 2 and we saved pretty much everything, so I’m not really sure what we’d need, other than maybe rethinking the stroller situation. Feels weird not to be starting to plan registry/lists or anything, though.
    • Upcoming appointments? Next week - 11/12
    • GTKY: Where did you go on your favorite vacation? This is a hard one, I have a serious travel bug! Probably a toss up between my solo Australia/New Zealand trip and the summer DH and I spent in Greece. 
  • @the_road_to_oz Keep hanging in there!  My sister is a huge Disney parks fan as well.  She just had her second LO in June and is super bummed to not have any Disney trips in her future.

@lucyb1954 Great to hear from you!  I've been wondering how you've been doing.  I'm so sorry to hear you're still struggling with the nausea and constipation.  My constant queasiness didn't go away until 18 weeks but I see that you are already past that. :(  Happy to hear your anatomy scan went really well!  My DH is funny with the pregnancy.  He loves my belly and has begun to have conversations with the "bewwy."  :D (We still don't have a name yet.)

@mtpbadger Thanks for updating us with your delivery story!  I feel like I am operating in a bubble where I don't even want to think about delivery (I keep telling my OB that if there is any reason that I might need a c section then she should sign me up!  :#  -- although the nurse practitioner that I spoke with yesterday was not as sympathetic.  She basically told me that because I would prefer a c section, I'll likely end up having a vaginal birth...)

@laurad75 Under one week to go before that first ultrasound!

@halfanewt So happy to hear you continue to do well and that your nausea may be waning. 
  • @lucyb1954 I have to agree with the meals.  If anyone is willing to drop food off, encourage that.  Accept all help but give specific tasks - do a load of laundry, make a meal, get you a clean shirt because the one you are wearing smells like spit up.  People want to come over to 'help' and then they just end up holding the baby so you feel obligated to entertain.  If someone else is holding the baby you should go take a nap. 

May 2020 FET; BFN
    Oct 2020 BFP! 

Take a look at my blog

• @mtpbadger - CONGRATS!! And wow, that is a super fast delivery!! I was induced. My labor went pretty fast once they gave me pitocin. And my baby also came out with her hands near her face (little fists all balled up on each side), causing me a third degree tear. Lol. But I'm just so in love with her. 

@lauralew - I was induced and had a vaginal birth. It was fine...once the epidural kicked in. I could still feel the pressure of the contractions without the pain. 

@laurad75 - So true about people coming over to 'help'. I started to just take naps during that time and felt so much better!

@the_road_to_oz - That sounds like a lot to go through. Keep hanging in there.

@lucyb1954 - Hoping your nausea subsides someday soon! The whole process is rough but so amazing at the same time. You're more than half way there. Also, Italy is my favorite vacation too. I so want to go back! Anyway, I continue to be so happy for you girl!

AFM - Baby girl is doing well. She had her two months appointment today and she already weighs 11.5 pounds and is 23.5 in long! She is heavy as hell. Lol. She does have bad acid reflux so the doctor gave medication. Hopefully that helps. 

• @31magnolia 2 months already?!?? I swear she was just born!! I had a 2nd degree tear thanks to his little hands lol. Fingers crossed the medication helped. I still can’t believe how fast it went and do glad DH came home when he did, otherwise I don’t think I would have made it to the hospital 

@lauralew I honestly think whatever route you go (c-section, epidural, no meds, etc) it’s all terrifying but women are badasses and it’s the right decision for you. I had an epidural with my first and totally freaked out and was weirdly calm with this delivery...not sure if I was in denial, basically blacked out or what. Even the Drs commented on my calmness and composure but I felt like I had absolutely no control of anything if that makes any sense?
  • late_bloomerlate_bloomer member
    edited November 2020
    @mtpbadger - yay!  Congratulations on your LO!

• How far along/EDD? 6w3d
    • How are you feeling this week? Nervous.  My first ultrasound is next Monday and I have a little light pink spotting.  I called the nurse and she said it’s probably the Endometrin (which was the case a few weeks ago) but I want some reassurance!  Other than that, I feel fine (which is also making me nervous).  I have occasional slight nausea but it’s actually less than it has been in the past 2 weeks.  
    • Rants/Raves? Questions? See above.   :)
    • Upcoming appointments? Monday, Nov 9
    • GTKY: Where did you go on your favorite vacation? Antarctica.  We went on a once-in-a-lifetime trip there almost 2 years ago for my DH’s 50th bday.  The scenery, the penguins, whales, leopard seals, etc were amazing!  I’m glad we did it then because I’m not getting on a cruise ship again anytime soon.

• edited November 2020
    @laurelew oh wow, good for you! I used to live in Belgium, so a very near and dear country to my heart. Also, sometimes taking a break from TTC is just what the doctor ordered. Hope it was a refreshing vacay!

@mtpbadger
    Thank you for sharing your story! Congratulations on the new arrival!

How far along/EDD 9 weeks. 6/10, but I'm thinking end of May is more likely. 

How are you feeling this week? Better. Much more able to do things.

Rants/raves? Questions? It's just really interesting reading all y'all write about birth and breastfeeding. I have to learn all I can, never done this before. 

Appointments- 10 week scan next Thursday. DH is really looking forward to it, which I find endearing. He's not an emotional guy. We plan on discussing if this doctor can respect our wishes for no genetic testing, minimal interventions, vaginal birth if possible, skin to skin, etc.

GTKY - best vacation was probably Thailand. We weren't married yet, but that was like our honeymoon.

• @mtpbadger Congratulations on your little one! Wow, what a story! What is MBS+? I'm  happy to hear that both you and LO are healthy and doing well <3

@laurelew I have been so tired lately, and I was incredibly nervous about my anatomy scan a couple of weeks ago. I couldn't even write about it because I was so nervous! Thankfully everything was perfect and I feel more reassured. I'm starting to feel her too. I was laying in bed last night and thinking maybe I was gassy and then I was like that's not quite a gassy feeling...lol. We don't have a name yet either. 

@31magnolia awww so glad baby girl is doing well and you are too! I know, I can't believe I'm here and actually pregnant...it still feels so crazy after all the hardship and waiting of IF. Starting to feel like I need to get my ass in gear to prepare as we're nearly 22 weeks. The nausea continues to be crappy :( but I just try and cut myself some slack and lay down if I need to and order pizza for dinner if necessary. Still trying to figure out how/what to do for the baby shower but I'm thinking it won't happen until January because of the holidays and stuff. 
  • @lucyb1954 it’s Group B Strep which is a bacteria that’s commonly found in women (can cause UTIs) and is usually harmless but a baby can contract it during a vaginal birth and it could cause fever, meningitis and seizures in the baby if they get it. I had it with my daughter so was tested during the first tri for it again but usually women are tested around 36-38 weeks by a swab down there. 

I’ll still be lurking and hope to comment as much as possible and follow all you ladies still but this nugget is keeping me busy......he LOVES to eat!
  • @vetgirl2011 - Congratulations on your little boy!  That's wonderful news!
  • @vetgirl2011 congrats on little Zian! Hope your recovery is going well and you are soaking up all the baby snuggles!!!
  • Congrats @vetgirl2011 !!  Your little boy shares my birthday.  November 7 is a great day. :)
  • @vetgirl2011 Aw yay! Congratulations!!!! 

@laurelew happy belated birthday!
  • @vetgirl2011 - CONGRATS!!!! I do love the name. Aww. These little munchkins keep us on our toes!  :)