January 2021 Moms
Options

***October Randoms***

Re: ***October Randoms***

• Options
    SPEAKING of hocus pocus I have full up list of saved halloween movies that I'm trying not to watch all in one day. It's been tough. So far I've made it through The Addams Family and a bunch of halloween TV specials. 
  • Options
    @hanfam2021 a couple of my girlfriends and I watch Hocus Pocus every year! SO and I just watched The Witches the other night and I was reminded of how crazy it is that that was originally a kids’ movie....it’s super creepy! It was actually the first movie I saw in the theater at age 6 which is insane to me now. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Busy month this month aside from being pregnant and twice a month dr appointments. My 4 year olds birthday was the 4th. DH birthday is the 12. Alot of personal things going on this month. And of course Halloween for all the kids. 
  • Options
    briemobriemo member
    edited October 2020
    More like questions??

we have a wedding in April that I’m supposed to be a bridesmaid in (don’t want too) & babe will be almost(?) three months, have you or would you travel with a baby that young? Do they have all their shots by then? I don’t see doc till 20th 
    Alsooooo

when do you start to shop around for your pediatrician? Do we meet them before baby or after? I feel like newborn appointments happen soon after and feeling a bit unprepared in that area rn.
  • Options
    @briemo I was maid of honor for my sister's wedding two states away when DD1 was just over a month old. We were able to drive so that helped. During the wedding I had my cousin on baby duty and things went great. Had baby in a stroller during the reception and she actually wasn't passed around 🤷🏻‍♀️ I was also in a wedding when DD2 was 2.5 months old. This one was local and a little easier to manage. Brought her to the rehearsal with no issues and my parents watched both girls at the hotel nearby during the wedding and reception. Finding somewhere to pump was the only tricky part. It's definitely doable with a little prep work, but I think the bride would understand if you had to turn her down.

Not much help on the pediatrician question. I personally see a family doctor so I just take my kids to see her too
  • Options
    Hi everyone! Sorry I've been so absent. I've been trying to be more productive at work but I'll try to catch up more.

@briemo is it flying or driving distance? Driving I'd probably do it... little babies sleep a lot and can sleep anywhere so they're a lot easier to do stuff with than toddlers. You can use a carseat cover to keep prying fingers and faces out of baby's face. I picked our pediatrician based on a rec from a friend about a week before I delivered and we didn't meet her until our first newborn appt which was like 2 days after we got home from the hospital. I have no regrets I really trust her but I'm sure you could call around and see if you can set up a meeting pre-birth if you'd like!
    Me: 36 DH:41
    DD born 1/3/2019
    EDD for #2 1/28/2021
    BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    @lavenderclouds Ha, that's so fun! I love it!
    @briemo My ob/gyn is in the same practice as the pediatrician and they recommended I get in touch with them around 6 or 7 months. So I chose one and told them I wanted to go with her, but then the next thing that happens is just that someone will call them when we go to the hospital and then the ped will come check baby out and then I guess there's a newborn appt soon after. (Usually they would have let us come in around now to meet the doctor but they're not doing that b/c of Covid.)
  • Options
    AZ to FL so definitely not driving distance and I just don’t feel comfortable flying w a newborn..I’ll ask the doc when I see him ab what he thinks and getting in touch w pediatrician! Thank you all for your responses much appreciated!
  • Options
    Had my 3D ultrasound today it was exciting but he was stubborn & now my stomach is in so much pain from her pushing trying to get a face shot 🙃 not home yet in desperate need of Tylenol. Already called them to complain 🤷🏼‍♀️
  • Options
    How many more Ultrasounds can we expect from here on out? I’m 28 weeks and have one next Wednesday (haven’t had one since anatomy scan) just wondering after this one coming up how many in the 30 week period? TY!
  • Options
    @briemo I'm getting one at 32 weeks but I think it's just because I'm AMA. I think it varies by doctor's office but someone said recently that ultrasounds later on aren't typical. 
  • Options
    @briemo normally I would say none... Are you in a risk category for something? I have heard of extra ultrasounds if there is a concern with baby's size or placenta placement. Sounds like a good question for your next checkup
  • Options
    No not high risk. I just feel like if I don’t know I won’t be able to advocate it for myself. I mean they already tried to space me 6 weeks in the third tri which isn’t happening. So I just next Wednesday is my last time seeing him till he’s here! 😩❤️
  • Options
    @briemo oh yeah, scheduling gets tough if your doctor is generally busy. I've made appointments through December because my doctor is impossible it get in to last minute
  • Options
    @briemo before we were referred to MFM, my OB told me that after the anatomy scan I would only get one more near my 3rd trimester. That was a big shock for me as a FTM. I thought you got u/s all the time!
  • Options
    @briemo I have them booked at 28, 32, 34, 36, 37 and 38 weeks at the hospital, but I have placenta placement issues and totally wacky blood pressure.
  • Options
    Eeek. No one told me that birthing classes were like an 8 week commitment. Just thought I'd look into them now and thank God, because the ones that start next week are my last chance to take a class that ends before I deliver. FTM assumption that a birthing class was just one class. 
  • Options
    @lavenderclouds Lucky! All birthing classes have been canceled here due to covid. Being a FTM is a little scary 🙃
    At least DH is allowed into appointments again! #silverlining
  • Options
    @lavenderclouds 8 weeks seems long! I can't remember what we did, it might have been 4 weeks. I think our hospital also had a crash course Saturday thing. I really like being prepared and found the classes useful! 
  • Options
    @lavenderclouds That does seem long! Good that you found ones you'll be able to finish though. Ours are four classes over four weeks, three hours each. I have heard of one-day intensives though. 
    @briemo Eeks they're not doing a virtual option? Ours are all virtual which we'll hopefully still get some good info out of.
  • Options
    @lavenderclouds 8 weeks seems like a long time but I'm a FTM so I had no idea! Ours are online through our hospital but they're more like webinars and don't seem very interactive so I was a little disappointed in that. Plus, I don't think we would have the motivation to just do them on our own haha.

I signed up for a virtual option through a local L&D nurse, but she's a nationwide educator so it will be people from everywhere joining. They're a little pricey but they're open to anyone and it's a live zoom class so I figured it was worth it since I was looking forward to the community part. You get a little 'coping kit' in addition to the class which helps justify the price. They're longer classes (2 hours) but only 4 in a row. If anyone is interested, just let me know and I can PM the info. The first class is Wednesday.