Options

All trimester check-in week of 10/25

vetgirl2011vetgirl2011 member
edited October 2020 in Pregnant after IF
  • How far along/EDD?
  • How are you feeling this week?
  • Rants/Raves? Questions?
  • Any upcoming appointments?
  • GTKY: Do you have a favorite movie from your childhood that you want to share with your LO?

Also! Feel free to post pics of nurseries and bumps.

Calling:

@cashewchicken EDD 8/8 - Baby girl is here! Yay!!

@businesswife EDD 8/21 - Baby girl is here! Yay!!

@31magnolia EDD 9/8 - Baby girl is here! Yay!!

@artemis618 EDD 9/2 (Boy) Baby boy  is here! Yay!!

@mtpbadger EDD 11/13

@vetgirl2011 EDD 11/17

@omarismyhomeboy EDD 12/24

@the_road_to_oz EDD 12/31

@laurelew EDD 3/4

@Kimbrlyg814 EDD 3/6 

madasm0530 EDD 4/3

@lucyb1954 EDD 3/17

@FuzzyDust EDD 5/30

@laurad75 EDD 6/26

@late_bloomer EDD 6/27

Re: All trimester check-in week of 10/25

• Options
    I'm not tagged here yet but I'm hopeful that I'm going to be around for a while.  
    • How far along/EDD? 5+4/ June 26 (likely a little earlier with rcs)
    • How are you feeling this week? queasy, emotional and exhausted
    • Rants/Raves? Questions?
    • Any upcoming appointments? first us is 11/9 and I'm very anxious for it.  I've had some losses in the past and just really want to hear that this baby is healthy 
    • GTKY: Do you have a favorite movie from your childhood that you want to share with your LO? I love Emmet Otter's Jugband Christmas and I would love to watch it with DS (2) this year.  He is a little young for movies but I think he would really like it.  

History and blog link in spoiler
    2016 - dx with super low ovarian reserve; failed cycle with clomid, failed IUI, 
    2017 - egg retrieval #1 - 3 eggs, 0 embryos appropriate for transfer; ER #2 2 eggs, 0 embryos on day 3; ER #3 1 egg 0 embryos
    moved to donor egg in summer 2017; 35 eggs retrieved; 19 fertilized; 9 total embryos
    Fresh transfer Dec 2017= BFP!  baby boy born 8/22/18

May 2019 - surprise natural pregnancy ended in MC
    Nov 2019 FET; MC at 9 weeks
    May 2020 FET; BFN
    July 2020 FET; CP treated with methotrexate
    Oct 2020 BFP! 

Take a look at my blog

• Options
    • How far along/EDD? 21w6d, EDD 3/4/2021
    • How are you feeling this week? Feeling good.  Things are quiet on the pregnancy front right now.
    • Rants/Raves? Questions? Rave!  Things are moving full speed ahead with the work we will be getting done on the house before baby comes.  All supplies are in for the shower and everything for the kitchen is in transit.  The contractor hopes to be able to tackle the shower at the end of next week or the following week.  Just in time for my birthday too!  It will be a crazy few days while we're in the midst of it but it will be so worth it to have a brand new CLEAN tub and shower to bathe our LO in next year.
    • Any upcoming appointments? Telemedicine OB appt on Nov 2nd.
    • GTKY: Do you have a favorite movie from your childhood that you want to share with your LO? There are so many!  Definitely Hook and The Sandlot.  And for this time of year Hocus Pocus and all of the Rankin and Bass Christmas specials that air on tv, among others.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    late_bloomerlate_bloomer member
    edited October 2020
    Hi Ladies!  I'm not tagged here either but I'd love to join.  I'm right behind @laurad75 .

How far along/EDD? 5+3/ June 27
    How are you feeling this week? I had a terrible migraine for a few days and a little nausea but now it's only the sore boobs.  The lack of symptoms is kinda freaking me out.
    Rants/Raves? Questions? The wait between the betas and the first US is agony! What do you guys do to distract yourself from worrying too much?
    Any upcoming appointments? US appointment on Nov 9
    GTKY: Do you have a favorite movie from your childhood that you want to share with your LO? I loved the Fox and the Hound.  I haven't seen it in decades so I might need to preview it to make sure it aged okay.  
  • Options
    I hope you guys don't mind me poking my head in here :smile:

@late_bloomer
    For each upcoming u/s appointment, I arranged something extra special and not baby-related to look forward to. For example, I got my husband to promise that we could get another kitty if our first u/s was not good and I spent the VERY LONG gap between my last beta and first u/s browsing shelters in our area and thinking about what kitten I would like. It gave me something to focus on other than worry over the u/s.  And then starting around 12 weeks, I was able to use the home doppler for reassurance in-between OB appointments. It gets a little easier when you start feeling baby move!

I also love the question for this week! It was something I was thinking about this week when I was watching the documentary on making Frozen 2. I remember LOVING Disney movies (Little Mermaid, Beauty and the Beast, Aladdin, Lion King) and it's been so amazing to relive my childhood love through my daughter's eyes - but for her, it's Tangled and Frozen 1 + 2 that are the heavy hitters :smile:

~~ Our Story in Spoiler! TW loss/child~~
    Fall 2012 -- started TTC
    Summer 2015 - no BFP yet, labs normal, referred to RE
    Fall 2015 - Summer 2016 - Further testing all normal. 3 IUI's -- BFN. Recommended move to IVF. Planned cycle for fall 2016.
    September 2016 - Surprise natural BFP. MMC @ 8 weeks. RE expressed confidence that we just needed the 'right' embryo.
    Fall 2016 - Spring 2017 -- Break from TTC
    June 2017 - Started IVF; egg retrieval for freeze all cycle. 9 mature eggs retrieved, 5 fertilized. 2 4BB embies on ice.
    August 2017 - FET transfer both embies. BFP.  Twin pregnancy confirmed by ultrasound. EDD 4/28/18
    September 2017 - Twin B stopped developing; Twin A doing perfectly! Graduated from RE @ 10 weeks
    March 2018 - Baby Girl born via C/S due to pre-eclampsia -- strong and healthy!

TTC #2
    January/Feb 2021 - Freeze-all IVF cycle 
    March 2021 - FET of 1 PGS normal female embryo. BFP! Beta #1 156,  #2 472, #3 1241, #4 5268 EDD 12/5/21 - Christmas baby!

"When all is lost then all is found."

• Options
    @mbradfo2 - that's a great idea!  Thank you!
  • Options
    • How far along/EDD? 37w5d / 11-13 but baby can come anytime!
    • How are you feeling this week? Had good days and bad days. Yesterday was a lump on the couch and exhausted but today I have some energy. Ready to have this baby! Had some actual contractions over the weekend but they were short lived and I feel like I’m back in the first tri with that under lying nausea all day
    • Rants/Raves? Questions? Still stressing over having someone watch DD. I’ve never left her overnight and I know she’ll be fine but I’m nervous. Plus worried we won’t be able to get ahold of anyone on our list to watch her or the ones we can are over an hr away. Labor with DD was fairly quick so my OB wants me on my way to the hospital as soon as contractions become regular (even if 10 min apart) and to not labor at home at all. 
    • Any upcoming appointments? Monday for my weekly check!
    • GTKY: Do you have a favorite movie from your childhood that you want to share with your LO? All the Disney movies! DD is obsessed with Lion King and a Bugs Life right now which I am enjoying. Hoping to convince her to watch Cinderella or little mermaid in the next few weeks but she’s loving her “ants” lately 
  • Options
    @late_bloomer Welcome and congrats!!!

@mbradfo2 That docuseries was sooo good!  I had never even seen the first Frozen movie, let alone Frozen2 before I watched it and I found it very compelling.  It was fun to watch Frozen2 after I finished watching the docuseries.  (I did also watch the first Frozen movie as well so I would have some context.)
  • Options
    • How far along/EDD? 37wks+1
    • How are you feeling this week? A little sore today. I had my (unsuccessful) external cephalic version yesterday, and have a few tender spots. I am also really tired this week. 
    • Rants/Raves? Questions? I am officially scheduled for my C-Section on 11/10! 😬😬 I’m excited, but really nervous. Less than two weeks!! Does anyone have any postpartum self care advice for c-section births. 
    • Any upcoming appointments? NST on Friday and Monday, then my last OB appointment next Friday! 
    • GTKY: Do you have a favorite movie from your childhood that you want to share with your LO? @laurad75 We watch Emmet Otter’s Jugband Christmas every year. It was one of my husband’s favorites from his childhood. We also like Peanuts/ Charlie Brown Holiday movies. I also loved The Dark Crystal and Princess Bride when I was young. 
    @laurad75 and @late_bloomer I added you both! The wait for the first ultrasound is really hard. I had a really hard time with anxiety between appointments at the OB. Once a month is not enough after all the stress of IF. I honestly took several cheap pregnancy tests until my first ultrasound because I didn’t really have any symptoms until I was 7 or 8 weeks along. It was probably a complete waste of money, but for some reason it made me feel better. 

@mtpbadger I’m sorry you are still stressed about DD being taken care of. I’m hoping everything goes smoothly for you when the time comes. It seems like this pregnancy has gone so fast, until the last few weeks. That may just be because I feel huge and uncomfortable now. 🤷‍♀️

@lauralew Wow! Sounds like a busy time at your house! Remodeling sounds exciting though! 

@mbradfo2 How are you? 
  • Options
    @vetgirl2011 omg less than two weeks for you!! I feel you on everything going fast except these last few weeks are going SO slow! The exhaustion is real too. Hang in there, we’re almost done!!
  • Options
    Thank you @vetgirl2011.  As for post cs care my biggest piece of advice is to accept help.  With DS I had an unplanned cs and had a hard time while I was in the hospital.  Before the CS I was induced and I think I had a bad reaction to those meds.  Balancing a newborn while recovering from surgery is a lot so let people help you and don't feel bad giving them tasks.  Everyone wants to hold the baby but the baby needs you so tell them to do the laundry, wash the dishes, prepare meals, get you a clean shirt because the baby spit on you...again.  

Also, when it was time for me to leave the hospital I had barely gotten out of bed since I was admitted 6 days before.  This time around I'm going to try and walk a little in the halls each day if my body allows, and if it it's allowed during Covid.  
    2017 - egg retrieval #1 - 3 eggs, 0 embryos appropriate for transfer; ER #2 2 eggs, 0 embryos on day 3; ER #3 1 egg 0 embryos
    moved to donor egg in summer 2017; 35 eggs retrieved; 19 fertilized; 9 total embryos

May 2020 FET; BFN
    Oct 2020 BFP! 

Take a look at my blog

• Options
    Thank you for the advice @laurad75 ! I apparently don’t know many people who have had a cs, and am feeling a little lost. 
  • Options
    • How far along/EDD? 12/31, and 31 weeks
    • How are you feeling this week? Still throwing up. 🙄 
    • Rants/Raves? Questions? We had some drama last Friday. Contractions, three minutes apart and I ended up progressing from long and closed to 2cm and 25% effaced 😱 baby girl, stay put. Things stopped on their own but now I’m feeling panicked and trying to get all the things done just in case. 
    • Any upcoming appointments? I had one today to follow up from last week - my vitamin levels are ... tragic. My doctor is ordering some infusions to try and combat this, especially iron. That made me feel like crud last time, but better than a blood transfusion. 
    • GTKY: Do you have a favorite movie from your childhood that you want to share with your LO? My older son and I watched Matilda last week <3 He loved it, and I did too at his age. I'm excited for this baby and princess movies. My son tends to root for the dragon, I'm hoping she will be super girly and want to spin in princess dresses. 

• Options
    @vetgirl2011 Make sure the hospital gives you an abdominal binder, and I really liked the C panties off amazon. They helped support everything, and were high so they didn't ride on my incision line. You won't be able to go up and down stairs more than once a day, so things like diaper changes, feeding supplies, snacks, make sure you have everything on both floors. You also won't be able to drive for a week or two, so start planning that now. 

• Options
    @vetgirl2011
    I had officially had an unplanned c/s due to acute onset of pre-eclampsia and failure to progress during induction of labor. I say "officially" because my RE suspected that I would have failure to progress at term anyway, based on my cervix length/thickness in my u/s during the first trimester. So I was sorta anticipating it. I did 12 hours of cervidil (??? spelling ???) to start the induction and made pretty much no progress. I had the option of continuing to try, but I just wanted my baby and asked for a c/s.  My recovery from the c/s was very quick and easy, honestly. It depends on whether you are someone who tends to bounce back from illnesses/injury fast or not; I've never been one to get really sick or stay sick/hurt for extended periods. Don't worry about pushing yourself the first day after the c/s (I had mine at 8:30 AM so I had that whole day to just veg and snuggle with baby). Once you can get up on your feet, do try to do as much as you can comfortably since it will speed your recovery. Your partner should be prepared to take on alot of baby chores that you might not be able to do at first like diaper changes, baths, cleaning/chores around the house and driving. If at all possible, inquire at your local place of worship (if you have one) about volunteer groups that provide cooked meals to families with newborns so neither of you have to worry about cooking. We got meals daily for the first two weeks after coming home from a local church group. I also tried to only use the strong pain meds if I really needed them after the first day and tried to stick to the OTC pain meds as much as possible. 

@the_road_to_oz
    Little girls are such fun! Mine is totally into princesses and sparkly/glittery everything now and we just have a blast with it. Took my husband a bit to accept the glitter and minnie/princesses everywhere since he's very much a guy's guy but he spent last mother's day watching Minnie's Bow-toons with her hahaha. She's being some form of Elsa for Halloween this year (she changes her mind between blue dress Elsa from Frozen 1 or white dress Elsa from Frozen 2 -- she has both costumes) and her fancy tiara headband and sparkly shoes arrived on Monday and I have to keep them hidden from her or else she wants to wear them ALL THE TIME. My sister has two girls just a little older than mine and getting everyone together is such fun (although alot of squealing and changing into various princess costumes at various points).
    ~~ Our Story in Spoiler! TW loss/child~~
    Fall 2012 -- started TTC
    Summer 2015 - no BFP yet, labs normal, referred to RE
    Fall 2015 - Summer 2016 - Further testing all normal. 3 IUI's -- BFN. Recommended move to IVF. Planned cycle for fall 2016.
    September 2016 - Surprise natural BFP. MMC @ 8 weeks. RE expressed confidence that we just needed the 'right' embryo.
    Fall 2016 - Spring 2017 -- Break from TTC
    June 2017 - Started IVF; egg retrieval for freeze all cycle. 9 mature eggs retrieved, 5 fertilized. 2 4BB embies on ice.
    August 2017 - FET transfer both embies. BFP.  Twin pregnancy confirmed by ultrasound. EDD 4/28/18
    September 2017 - Twin B stopped developing; Twin A doing perfectly! Graduated from RE @ 10 weeks
    March 2018 - Baby Girl born via C/S due to pre-eclampsia -- strong and healthy!

TTC #2
    January/Feb 2021 - Freeze-all IVF cycle 
    March 2021 - FET of 1 PGS normal female embryo. BFP! Beta #1 156,  #2 472, #3 1241, #4 5268 EDD 12/5/21 - Christmas baby!

"When all is lost then all is found."

• Options
    Can I get an add as well, please? 
    • How far along/EDD? 8+6, 6/4
    • How are you feeling this week? So much nausea, otherwise not too bad. Definitely going to bed early, though! 
    • Rants/Raves? Questions? I found a recipe for copycat Starbucks cream cheese danish and I’m super excited to try it! 
    • Any upcoming appointments? 11/12
    • GTKY: Do you have a favorite movie from your childhood that you want to share with your LO? Milo and Otis! I’m excited for eventual family movie nights :) 
  • Options
    @vetgirl2011 FWIW I have friends who have had both planned and unplanned CS. The ones that were planned had a much easier recovery than the ones that labored first. Their advice - accept help and make a chore chart to leave on the fridge or by the door. That way you don’t have to ask directly if that’s a hard thing for you - visitors (if you can have them) can just do a thing from the chart without you having to direct it. 
  • Options
    Welcome @halfanewt and congrats! :)
  • Options
    @vetgirl2011 3x c section mama here 2 unplanned, 1 planned. My advice is to take your meds, number 1. The pain can sneak up on you quickly. What they give you is safe for BF and very little, like super tiny amnt, gets into your BM. Second, as soon as they let you, get up and move, whether it's only taking 2 steps or walking to the bathroom, do it. The belly binder is a must and when your PP nurse comes in ask for one and get her to help you put it on when you get up the first time. 3rd if you are planning to BF get and keep babe on the breast as much as possible, milk takes a little longer to come in after a c section so having baby stimulate the breast helps that come in faster, use pillows or a boppy to keep babe off your stomach. Use your arms and the hospital bed to sit up and down, your abs will be non existent for a bit. The biggest thing that helped me recover fast and fairly easily was moving as much as I could without overdoing it. If I was sitting longer than 3 hrs, I got up and did a lap around the room, my livingroom, etc. It really helps with recovery even tho it seems counterintuitive. Also, the first shower is heaven, enjoy it as long as you can. Get H to help with the baby chores like changes, etc. It's hard to bend over the first week or so, so he will need to take the bulk of it for a bit.

I'm happy to answer any all questions, I've had an uncomplicated delivery and one where everything went wrong and my last one was uncomplicated, but required extra special care because of my health. So I've been through the gamut of them from wrongly positioned baby to normal, to get in and get out fast.
  • Options
    Thank you so much for all of the advice @wildrainbow @the_road_to_oz @mbradfo2  @halfanewt ! I feel like I tried to learn as much as possible about a non medicated vaginal birth, but apparently should have read more about c-sections! I really appreciate all of the support! 

@halfanewt It won’t let me edit the original post after the first 24 hours. I will add you next week!
  • Options
    cashewchickencashewchicken member
    edited November 2020
    @vetgirl2011 I had an unplanned c-section from a failed labor with DS, and recently I had a repeat c-section with DD. Echoing all the ladies above, try to move as much as you can. More you walk easier it gets. 
    If you feel nauseous, ask for an anti-nausea medication right away (I had an IV med which was nice) I didn’t ask for one until I threw up and oh I regretted it! The retching motion hurt the incision area (though didn’t affect the stitches thank goodness) not to mention I came close to throwing up on DD since she was on my chest most of the time. 
    Also, take your pain meds. Not being in pain will lets you move around more and you can recover more quickly. I’m sensitive to narcotics (makes me nauseous) so I was dead against taking those. With my first, the nurse gave me an IV NSAID (Toradol, I think) after surgery, and following that, I took prescription strength ibuprofen and acetaminophen to manage pain. It worked great. With my second, I delivered at a different hospital and I was surprised to learn that the hospital’s pain management policy is no narcotics, unless necessary. Their pain management protocol was also IV NSAIDs followed by ibuprofen and acetaminophen. Apparently there is a study that showed that combination of those two drugs is just as effective as narcotics in managing pain post surgery.  
    If you notice that your legs are getting a bit swollen, ask for a pair of compression stockings. I had pretty bad edema after both c-sections and I could not walk around the house without the compression stockings. 
    Me: 41  DH: 46
    Unexplained infertility/AMA, polycystic ovaries, insulin resistance
    FET#1(July 2017): eSET of first of 4 PGS-normal embryos, DS born 3/30/2018
    FET#2(Oct/Nov 2019): eSET  
  • Options
    It's nice to read that the planned CS go a little easier.  After a long unsuccessful labor with DS we ended up with a CS.  I was fine but so sick from the meds they gave me to induce and had milk problems.  I'll be so much more prepared this time.  

I don't do well with pain meds but I got super strength ibuprofen and they were amazing. 

May 2020 FET; BFN
    Oct 2020 BFP! 

Take a look at my blog