Weekly Randoms week of 11/1

So Random GIFs  Tenor
~~Signature~~
Me: 36, DH: 38, Together since: 2006, Married: 9/2011 
**TW Living Child**

BFP 9/19/20 - EDD - 6/1/21

BFP 2/2014 - DS - 10/2014

Re: Weekly Randoms week of 11/1

• @DoubleUp8 was so weird to log in and see that post! We’re all very newly pregnant. Wtf. So creepy. 

*Live, Love, Laugh, Learn*

• Loading the player...
  • Surprised there's no mention of baby's SS#! 
  • Seriously though super creepy and I think worthy of reporting
  • @DoubleUp8 so creepy. I wonder if she will respond to your post?
    Me: 38, DH: 37
    Married: 8/10/13
    BFP- 12/18/15, D&E- 4/8/16 @ 21w5d- confirmed Thanatophoric Dysplasia
    BFP- 11/7/17, M/C- 11/18/17 @ 4w6d
    BFP- 8/25/18 ~ EDD- 5/9/19 ~ DD born 5/2/20 *Lillian Hazel*
    BFP- 10/9/20 ~ EDD- 6/21/21

• DoubleUp8DoubleUp8 member
    edited November 2020
    @_orchid_ seriously, let's throw in mother's maiden name too!

Edit to add: hit safe too quickly. Do you think we should report it and ask for it to be closed so no one goes posting personal information on there?
    ~~Signature~~
    **TW Living Child**

• Me: 38, DH: 37

• So weird and slightly inappropriate. I don’t know what she’s trying to accomplish. Any other BMB have a reaction?
  • 😳😳 very creepy. I almost wish there was a way to lock down BMBs after a set amount of time, so randos couldn't just pop in. I get that it is not really possible, but there are just so many creepy people when it comes to pregnancy and birth.  
  • @DoubleUp8 I did report it earlier so hopefully it does get closed! 
  • @kristah2 November 2020 has moved exclusively to Facebook in early September. I really liked how they did it. They voted on the 3 administrators. To be allowed to join you had to have an intro on the introductions thread and at least posting in one of the weekly check-ins. People has almost 2 months to join FB. They ended up with about 40 members. I really like that. My N14 BMB started a Facebook group much earlier than 7 months and some of us were not ready to connect on Facebook with "internet strangers" yet. When we go there the group was over 100 people and included friends of BMB members who were pregnant and not even due in November. It cause a whole thing. 

November 2020 - on Facebook
    December 2020 - no reply
    January 2021 - no reply
    February 2021 - one reply pointing out she is supposedly from April 2021
    March 2021 - No reply
    April 2021 - @kadeephd and @BuckeyeNut05 (for those who were on TTGP) responding with a message and a very appropiate "she doesn't even go here" GIF. And April 2021 is technically this user's boad.

Also even more weird, she changed her user name since I replied to her. I think more of us should report it. It just feels fishy. 
    ~~Signature~~
    **TW Living Child**

• @DoubleUp8 I agree. I does seem fishy. I too also noticed that she changed her user name. It was something else before. How strange is that. I think it needs to be reported. 
  • mc0303mc0303 member
    edited November 2020
    @doubleup8 yeah, it’s super weird! I reported it too. 

In my last BMB, we moved to a PG first bc everyone was still on the fence about FB. We switched to FB from the PG after we’d all given birth. I really liked not going straight to FB. It was easier to see who was actually active in the group from the PG. 

Did similar voting thing to get into the PG. 
  • My last BMB went to FB around June (due in august). We had 4 admins (I was 1) and we decided who got in based on their posting history (I.e did you only start becoming active because we mentioned FB?). For anyone we were unsure about, we put it to the group to vote on once a majority was in. We ended up with about 38 people and lost 3 over time, until recently. 

*Live, Love, Laugh, Learn*

• @DoubleUp8 it was great! We vote for admins and then they send an invite link to your Bump inbox. We had a small BMB and wanted everyone that wanted to participate to have the opportunity to join the PG. A few members noted how unwelcoming other BMBs had been about who gets to be in the PG or not. Our BMB really took off and was way more active once everything felt a little more private. And it was a good weeder for FB bc some folks just gave birth and never interacted again...although I wish they had. 
  • My last BMB went to Facebook...that was almost 8 years ago. I liked it a lot better. People were a lot more active on Facebook. I hate the bump app and feel like I’d be more active on a better interface. 
  • I definitely like the idea of a pg. My previous BMB years ago got really mean girl/cliquey with the move to Facebook.  I like the idea of doing a private group first, and agree that it is easier to really open up not on a public board 😁
  • Yeah I reported that too.  Super weird that she’s just going into random boards and posting that.  And that’s a TON on info she was asking for.  Seems fishy for sure.  

I’m fine with a private fb or pg after a while.  I actually like the idea of fb more than staying on the bump lol bump gets so glitchy sometimes! 
  • Also a fan of the private Facebook group. My D16 group went to Facebook right around when all the babies were born, and I’d say a good 30 of us are still active daily. We’ve even organized several meetups since we started. I love that group so much. 🙂
  • My first BMB moved to PG just after the babies came. There wasn’t too many of us and we had a rule if anyone was inactive for a set period of time / not participating and just lurking they were removed since we we’re getting to know each other better. Some of the members don’t have FB so a lot of us friended each other but kept the group and moved to another platform. 

My last BMB moved to FB too early for my liking so I didn’t follow. I just didn’t feel close enough to start sharing more personal information. The board died as soon as they moved. Luckily about 5 others in my original BMB were also due around the same time so I didn’t feel so alone. 
  • My BMB moved to FB early too.  It was confusing to relearn who everyone was and all the posts were so overwhelming. I like the organization of threads for most of the time. 
    History and blog link in spoiler
    2016 - dx with super low ovarian reserve; failed cycle with clomid, failed IUI, 
    2017 - egg retrieval #1 - 3 eggs, 0 embryos appropriate for transfer; ER #2 2 eggs, 0 embryos on day 3; ER #3 1 egg 0 embryos
    moved to donor egg in summer 2017; 35 eggs retrieved; 19 fertilized; 9 total embryos
    Fresh transfer Dec 2017= BFP!  baby boy born 8/22/18

May 2019 - surprise natural pregnancy ended in MC
    Nov 2019 FET; MC at 9 weeks
    May 2020 FET; BFN
    July 2020 FET; CP treated with methotrexate
    Oct 2020 BFP! 

Take a look at my blog

• My last BMB did a PG before moving to FB.
    Me: 38, DH: 37

• My last BMB did a PG and then we moved to proboards. We had a couple people who did not have Facebook and one or two who were not comfortable sharing their identity due to jobs. - I realize that sounds kind of sketch but as we all learned more and got to know them we understood why. I actually like proboards because it has the ability to do threads the way the bump does, but it works better. 
  • kadeephdkadeephd member
    edited November 2020
    ETA: *lurking*

Oops, I accidentally posted on a June randoms thread without realizing it after @DoubleUp8 tagged me! I'm in the April BMB.  Sorry for my confusion.

I just came to check on that weird birth announcement post and it looks like it's gone, so I guess all your reporting did it's job.  Very strange/fishy indeed.

My December 18 group moved to FB around September I think.  We voted for three admin and we had a thread where you requested to join the group, and anyone who felt like you hadn't participated enough to join could bring it up. It did lead to one sad/angry interaction in which the admin/group in general were/was accused of being racist for not being comfortable letting someone in.  I like having a participation rule to make the cut instead.

Pregnancy Ticker
  • For those curious about the weird birth announcement thread we were discussing, I still have the link since I commented https://forums.thebump.com/discussion/comment/91465519#Comment_91465519

@kadeephd that post was so fishy! Yeah, mine started a second more private group when we went to move to the Facebook group and realized there were all these randos there who had never been in our BMB. But then it was only the "regulars" and how do you decide that. Then there was a group break up and the instigators of the more private group broke off to form and even more private group that ended up imploding. I think the half step of a private group sounds like a good way to start the process of seeing who is really participating. I hope April 2021 is a good group like June 2021!

~~Signature~~
    **TW Living Child**

• Yesterday I took our heavy cold weather comforter out of the attic and last minute grabbed my pregnancy body pillow too.  Last night's sleep was amazing!! 
  • BuckeyeNut05BuckeyeNut05 member
    edited November 2020
    *lurking*

@DoubleUp8 and @kadeephd those were bizarre, no?!  I settled into my morning meeting with my popcorn (ok, it was cheesy potatoes) to see what happened and they were gone, so I guess the reporting worked.  I am on mobile, but I couldn’t remember her posting before then and I didn’t see her in the announcements for April. 
  • jaztasticjaztastic member
    edited November 2020
    My first BMB was moved to FB around 7months, but I admit now it was very cliquey. Basically if you were a regular you got an invite. And by regular I mean you posted often/daily, or was generally interactive with other members and universally liked. This was Nov 14, we had 51 members at the move and 6yrs later we are at a solid 37 still laughing, joking and cutting up. Of course smaller groups have become closer than then general 37 but thats to be expected I think. 

I hope the bond here in becomes just as close because I consider these women some of my closest friends. 
    *~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
    Waited a long time, tried a lot of stuff, science made me a mom.
     Loss and IF veteran. Current mom of DS 5.5, DD 2, and sometimes DH 40. Due June 2021 with TWINS
  • @_orchid_ pregnancy pillow for the win! My new one came on Thursday and I finally started using it Saturday and have been getting THE BEST sleep!
    *~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
     Loss and IF veteran. Current mom of DS 5.5, DD 2, and sometimes DH 40. Due June 2021 with TWINS
  • @_orchid_ @jaztastic Alright you both convinced me to get my pregnancy pillow out for tonight. 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • @kadeephd DO IT! you wont have any regrets. 
  • @kadeephd yes, do it! No shame in going ahead and pulling it out! No idea why it makes a difference this early, but it does. 
  • @klj0228 lol I think it's all in my head but the combo of the pillow + heavier blanket was awesome. 
    @kadeephd doooo it!!!
  • My first BMB went to FB but it was invite only and completely kept secret from all other board members. Basically two of the regs created it, invited like 10 people, and then those people "voted" on who else they wanted in the group. It exploded after about a year and split in half, and that other half is still going on FB although some (me included) don't interact very often.

My second BMB went to a PG about 2 months before our due month, and dwindled down a lot after the births. I think they eventually went to Slack, but I never participated because I can only handle FB on maternity leave.

@_orchid_ - Reminds me to buy another body pillow. I like sleeping with two while I'm pregnant. Yay for good sleep!
  • Why has no one kicked off the July BMB? Kinda weird right? There wasn’t even a waiting room. 
  • @mc0303 right? I'm the tail end of June and I've been here for like 2 weeks already
  • DoubleUp8DoubleUp8 member
    edited November 2020
    Guilty of being the anxious mama who started the waiting room  :D

Edit: for June 2021
    ~~Signature~~
    **TW Living Child**

• I had my weekly beta draw done today. Got the results back. It went from 47, 268 to 86, 825. It didn't even double in a week. Is that bad?? Last week they trippled in amount and now this week not even double :( I heard the higher it gets and the farther along you get the longer It takes to double etc.. and once you get to a certain week along in pregnancy it slows down and plateaus. Im 8+3 today. 
  • _orchid__orchid_ member
    edited November 2020
    @mindyb2019 I think once you get to those high numbers it starts taking a bit longer, and then at some point they stop doubling all together- maybe you're close to that point? Did your Dr say anything about it? I never had betas after 6w so have no frame of reference