April 2021 Moms
Options

Symptoms check in wo 10.26

How far along are you?

How are you feeling this week?

Re: Symptoms check in wo 10.26

• Options
    14w0d, feeling ok actually. Better today and yesterday than I have felt in awhile. For all the STM+ mamas, am I out of the woods, or is that nausea going to come back just when I think I am safe?
  • Options
    I knew I forgot one this morning!  I tried?  🤷‍♀️😊

13 +2

I am waiting for the nausea to endddd. But then I remember what’s to come in the 3rd trimester with the achy hips, peeing every 2 min and not being able to breathe or get comfortable enough to sleep and all of the hidden treats and they make nausea look not so terrible?

@bbrahmbhatt it really just depends on the person. Some have it come back, some never lose it, and some it goes away for the rest of pregnancy. I hope it’s just done with you for your sake!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    14&1 nausea and thrush are improving, but headaches and neck/back pain are ramping up. Oh joy! 

I go back to my chiro Wednesday and already can’t wait. I’ve also priced out an outdoor massage and am considering pulling the trigger... 
  • Options
    How far along are you?
    14+6

How are you feeling this week?
    Eh. I think the nausea is maybe kinda getting better. But it has been immediately replaced with extremely awful gas and heartburn. So I still don’t feel good. And also, my stomach already seems to be in the way. I don’t even know how it’s possible to have my belly be in my way at ~15 weeks, but it is my third time I guess... 

@BuckeyeNut05 ughh the aching hips. I’m already dreading that. That was awful for me the past two pregnancies.
  • Options
    @rexnie I’m officially back at a chiro too. Going twice a week now until these headaches calm down. It’s so much money but this guy works magic.
    Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    @bbrahmbhatt it really can depend, sorry I know that’s not very helpful. With my first nausea left around 20 weeks for me, and then came roaring back a few weeks later, but it wasn’t so miserable. It was just like quick throw up and move on with the day. But with my second it left around 15/16 weeks and mostly stayed away until I developed appendicitis and had to have that out. But I blame my appendix and the surgery/pain meds for that not baby! 
    @pelorunningmama my sister once told me it’s like creepy and almost slightly sexual sounding when I talk about the chiropractor. But seriously, as someone with neck and nerve issues it’s the only thing that makes me not feel constant pain! 

How far along are you? 15 weeks today! 

How are you feeling this week? Mostly okay I guess. I’m like a constant 3-4 on nausea, fatigue, headaches, heartburn, and gas pains with alternating days of constipation then diarrhea. But I have a better appetite than I’ve had in a few months and also a decent energy level. I’ve spent the last week basically cleaning up the mess from the ten weeks before that where the bare minimum was being done. 
  • Options
    bblair24bblair24 member
    edited October 2020
    @bbrahmbhatt I hope it means you’re out of the woods! I know for some people it comes back. I’d try to just enjoy being nausea-free for now! And cross your fingers and toes that you’re over that. With DD2 I was nauseous till the end, but I was never tricked in to thinking otherwise. 

14w4d I think? 

I’m basically in a constant state of abdominal distress. 😂 Either queasy or reflux or gassy or constipated. Which honestly isn’t much different than my normal life of dealing with IBS/GERD, and at least right now it’s due to growing a little bean! Speaking of IBS, pregnancy has always fixed that for me and I’ve been able to eat my trigger foods without consequence. I ate McDonald’s last night and felt awwwwful - like had to run to the bathroom - and I mentioned to DH how crappy I felt. He was like “when has McDonald’s ever made you feel good?” Which is a valid point. 💩 I was hoping this pregnancy would fix me for the time being, but maybe not. I also feel like I’ve been having some low blood sugar symptoms, probably because I haven’t been snacking as often. 
  • Options
    @bbrahmbhatt I think the typical course is for nausea to mostly go and stay away sometimes towards the end of the first tri or a bit later.  That's what happened to me during my last pregnancy and it seems like it's happening that way again.  Everyone is different but hopefully you are in the same boat.

How far along are you? 14+4

How are you feeling this week?  I passed my one hour glucose test by one point!  So I was happy (and shocked) to hear that.  I'm not feeling bad physically, but I am an emotional wreck.  The mood swings are very intense.  The other day I broke down crying in front of my advisor, which I've never done before.  I keep trying to tell myself that at least part of why I'm feeling things so intensely is the pregnancy hormones.

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @pelorunningmama hooray for chiros! beyond the pain relief, it's honestly been so nice to get outside of the house and do something just for myself and this pregnancy. I wear my KN95 and call it self care. :wink: Oh, weird times!
  • Options
    @kadeephd yay for passing your glucose test! 🎉
  • Options
    @BuckeyeNut05 @theletlers @bblair24 @kadeephd Thanks ladies! I had a surprise nausea/vomiting attack this morning, so I think I'm not totally out of the woods, but at least it hasn't been nonstop these past few days.

@kadeephd yay on passing your glucose test!
  • Options
    Thanks ladies!  I'm so relieved.

I thought of another symptom, nonstop burping.  What is with this?  I don't remember it happening to me last time.

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @kadeephd I have bouts of that, along with what feels like indigestion. And then I usually feel better. Haha!
  • Options
    How far along are you? 17+2

How are you feeling this week? Feeling good for the most part! SO. MUCH. ACID REFLUX THOUGH! Like constantly, no matter what I eat. I also weirdly feel like my belly is in the way @juliebird6 although I really don't have any excuse, this is my first one and I'm just barely showing (basically just look super bloated lol). 
  • Options
    I'm with a lot of you on the bloating and indigestion...it is so uncomfortable! The OB said it was probably worse because of my giant fundal fibroid pushing up on my stomach, so thats fun. I'm feeling really wiped out and my head is killing me. Today has just ben a meh day.
  • Options
    I guess I’ve officially reached the stage where when I squat it’s hard to stand back up 😂 I just pulled out a load of laundry from the dryer, had it strategically piled in my arms, and allllmost couldn’t get back up. Change of center of gravity? Stomach just being in the way? I feel like it’s too soon for this!
  • Options
    @kadeephd omg the burping! I usually am NOT a burper but the same thing totally happened when I was pregnant with our boy (#2) & it’s happening again this time!! Makes me feel so uncomfortable, especially if I’m eating. 

Do y’all remember when-ish they do the glucose test? I’m realizing I don’t have another appt until the end of Nov & they’ve yet to mention it to me 😆

15w0d
    symptoms: okay I’m going there - goodness this feels like tmi but I could seriously use the advice. Anyone have experience with yeast infections? I had never ever ever had one until earlier this summer right after I got my iud taken out. OB said it was likely that the first one was related to hormone level change. Well then I got pregnant and since then I’ve had 3 (or 4?) more!!! Y’all I’m dying a slow death. The meds from the OB clear it up just fine in the 2 days, but then just about every 2-4 weeks another one shows up. My OB isn’t phased but I feel like I’m losing my marbles. I’m doing all the things - avoiding leggings for too long, changing clothes often, showering (haha duh!), alllll the things. I’ve been trying to research what else I can do (probiotics?) - anyone have thoughts/ideas?!
  • Options
    rexnierexnie member
    edited October 2020
    @goldpolkadot yes to probiotics! And breathable underwear. 

I’ve had oral thrush continuously since I got pregnant, so same idea (yeast over-colonization) but different location. 

Similar story. I had thrush once this summer (first time ever, even though I’ve been on immunosuppressants for 7 years) and then it came back with my BFP and has never gone away, likely because of hormones and immune system changes. My OB made it seem like it could go on for the duration of the pregnancy, since we are so limited in what we can use to treat it. Even probiotics made me violently ill, but I have Crohn’s disease so I don’t think that’s common. My OB recommended probiotics herself after the nystatin wasn’t working. 

It’s such a bummer! I hope you get relief soon. 
  • Options
    kadeephdkadeephd member
    edited October 2020
    @goldpolkadot Glad I'm not suffering along with the burping!  They normally do the glucose screen between 24 and 28 weeks.  I had an early one because I failed mine last pregnancy.  And sorry about the yeast infections. I had a string of those at one point and also tried everything, and eventually they just stopped.  I don't know why since I don't think I was doing anything differently.

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @kadeephd thanks for the sympathy, girl! It's seriously just awful!!! And good to know about the glucose thing - I bet they'll schedule it eventually haha! I feel like especially with #4 I'm not paying nearly as much attention to stuff as I did with #1!!

@rexnie ugh I'm so sorry for you too!! What a pain of a symptom!! Well I busted out the probiotics & got on meds yesterday evening so here's to hoping mayyybe they'll just stop. Do you know anything about internal PH levels - like for a long time I was drinking warm lemon water every single morning and I started to wonder if that was messing with things...is that even a thing?
  • Options
    @goldpolkadot no idea, but it’s an interesting idea - especially when western medicine leaves us scratching our heads. I saw a traditional Chinese medicine doctor for acupuncture when I was TTC #1 and I’m sure he could come up with a whole plan for this. Unfortunately he’s 1,700 miles away now. 
  • Options
    18 weeks tomorrow! sooo much heartburn whenever I eat any chocolate (but I push through and persevere) and a new ravenous appetite.. also the bump has gotten way bigger the past few days! Excited for the anatomy scan in a few weeks where I can make sure things are all good!
  • Options
    17 weeks 2 days today, feeling pretty good. Definitely have a bump, but also some decent bloating but I play it off as bump. I've started feeling the baby move, so thats kind of nice. It's helping me connect with the pregnancy a little more. Still having some mental health issues, but I feel comfortable with the treatment plan currently and my OB is being vigilant in checking in with me. Other than that, I'm fortunate to not really have any negative symptoms so I'm very much enjoying that while it lasts.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    bbrahmbhattbbrahmbhatt member
    edited October 2020
    Ok guys, let me preface this by saying sorry if it is TMI but I need some input...

So pre-pregnancy I was an avid Peloton-er, and I didn't have any issues with pain in the saddle. However, since about week 9ish, whenever I try to ride I have pain and numbness, predominately in the ladybits. I have even noticed it when I am sitting on a hard chair for awhile. Is this all normal as a result of increased blood flow? It's really putting a cramp in my potential exercise, as well as making me fidget in my seat a lot at work. 
  • Options
    IDK if it's because 2nd Tri or DS2 sleeping 8 hours at a shot, or a combo of both, but I'm definitely noticing my energy creep back up. 

On the downside, now that DS2 is completely weaned, my chest is killing me. And, I still have to pee every 10m. Also, heartburn is now full on. The problem here is it's a common problem I get with clindimycin, and I'm on a round of it since my root canal. So, I've just been chasing it with yogurt for now.