Infertility

NOV FET 2020

ashleyhj29ashleyhj29 member
edited October 2020 in Infertility
Hi! I'm Ashley (35) and I live in a northern suburb of Atlanta.

I am SUPER excited to start this board as it means we're all one step closer to our next FET!!! This will be FET #5 for us...my last transfer in July was ectopic. 

I am on a new protocol this time around, the ANTIHISTAMINE PROTOCOL which includes: Vivelle patches, aspirin, medrol, claritin, pepcid AC. 
My tentative transfer date is Tuesday, November 3. 

I'm hopeful that our next transfer will be the one to make me a mama! Excited to be on this journey with ya'll!
Me: 36     DH: 37
TTC #1 since 2017
Dx: MFI + Mild PCOS (AMH 6.9)

IVF Journey:
ER #1: 6/18/19; 15R/11M/9F/6 FROZEN 👶🏼 un-tested
FET 1: 8/01/19, Beta 8/14 = 9...Chemical pregnancy (transferred 2)
FET 2: 12/19/19...Negative Beta 12/30 (transferred 1)

Changed Clinics
FET 3: 3/9/20, Beta #1, 37, Beta #2, 26, Beta #3 51 - Chemical pregnancy (transferred 2)

ER #2: 6/2/2020; 31R/26M/18F/13 sent for PGS Testing
6 PGS Normal Embryos - 3 girls👶🏼 + 3 boys👶🏼
FET 4: 7/30/20, Beta 1:66    Beta 2: 110...Ectopic pregnancy @ 6 weeks with Male (transferred 1)
FET 5: 11/18/20, Beta 1: 97 Beta 2: 384 Beta 3: 1010....Miscarriage @ 7 weeks with Female (transferred 1)
FET 6: 3/9/21 - Canceled due to poor lining response
FET 6.5: 7/28/21 - Beta 1: 21.5  Beta 2: 31.4   Beta 3:  28 - Chemical pregnancy, Female (transferred 1)
FET 7: 12/8/21 - Beta 1: 9   Beta 2:        - Chemical pregnancy, Male+? (transferred 2)

Re: NOV FET 2020

• Hi @ashleyhj29! I'm so sorry to hear about your July experience, and I wish you the very best for this next round. Just wanted to let you know that a few of the ladies in the OCT FET chat are starting the process but aren't transferring until Nov. or Dec.  So please feel free to join us too if you haven't already  :)
  • Hey there! I've been on the October thread but just got my FET protocol today and I am not scheduled for my transfer until Nov. 13th. I'm kinda bummed I have to wait that long as there is no reason at this point to push it back, except that my RE recently moved to another office and is only in my main clinic on Fridays so I'm guessing it had to do with his schedule. I am hoping I can see if they can move me up to Nov. 6th since the 13th would put my beta on the day before Thanksgiving and we were hoping to be able to drive up to NY to see my family (we live in South Carolina).  Also, if we push it back to after Thanksgiving and we are lucky enough for it to work, then I would be due right around my sister's wedding at the end of next August and I think she would murder me.

To provide more background, I am 33, DH is 36. We have been TTC for about 1 1/2 years. I knew we were likely to have difficulties as I have PCOS, hypothyroid and my mom had trouble getting pregnant.  During our TTC journey we have also found out that my husband has borderline low motility and I also have blood clot risk factors and a unicornuate uterus... so really the chips have been pretty highly stacked against us, but I am still hopeful.
    I did my first transfer (FET) in July and it was a BFN.  Since then we have done PGS testing and an ERA. Out of our 9 embies, 4 are normal and it turns out I am pre-receptive by a full 24 hours so I need an extra day of progesterone. So glad we did the extra testing!  Glad to see that a November thread was started - makes it seem not quite so far away!!
  • Loading the player...
  • @emilynoel810 It's a bummer that your date was pushed back. Hopefully your doctor will find a way to bump it up a little bit.

I COMPLETELY get what you mean about your sister's wedding.

My lil sis's wedding is next August too! My DH thinks I'm nuts trying to plan cycles around her wedding date. But she went through a two year engagement only to have it postponed another year due to COVID madness. She is super happy that I'm starting this process.  But I also get the feeling that she'd kidnap me right out of the clinic lobby if necessary lol.
  • @qtpie8711 and @emilynoel810 I get it that you get upset about your sister’s weddings and the date falling on the late term of your pregnancy. It’s their big day and you don’t want to miss it. But baby is YOUR big event that I’m sure you’re waiting with all your heart. Don’t feel bad about it 🥰
  • @qtpie8711 @dukie001 Thanks to both of you - yes, my sister's wedding was also postponed a year (was originally supposed to be last weekend) and had to be moved for COVID.  She has been understanding and supportive too, since she knows how much we have been struggling, but I would just hate, hate to miss her big day. Thankfully, my clinic was able to move my transfer up to Nov. 4. It will be with a different doctor, but all the doctors at my clinic are apparently great and they work together on talking through cases so I have been assured that the new guy will be familiar with my case and unicornate uterus etc... I start estrodiol tomorrow!  can't wait!! 
  • Hi all, jumping on this thread as I may transfer in Nov as well. Waiting for my period to arrive before returning to the rounds of testing and then getting a date. We did our first FET in Aug. We only had 2 good embryos from 20 eggs retrieved, so this one will be it for me. Hopefully this is a lucky cycle for all of us. 
  • Hi Ladies! I will be joining you from the thread in OCT because my cycle just got canceled today after talking to the Dr. I was scheduled for my donor egg transfer on Oct 29th, but as of my 16 day ultrasound mid cycle, I had fluid in my lining and the Dr. was not comfortable with continuing saying even if it goes away, it generally compromises the lining up to 25%  less from even normal implantation rates. I wasn't willing to waste an embryo on that, so decided to go with the Dr. recommendation. 

She has put me on oral progesterone for 10 days to bring on a period. Then I will call on CD1 to set my new baseline on CD3 at which time we will hope to NOT see any more fluid!! I expect that if no fluid on my next ultrasound, then my new transfer date will be the end of November (likely the week of Thanksgiving). 

Hoping everyone has Baby Dust luck this month and next!!! 
    Me: 45yo, DH: 47yo
    3 Daughters (singleton @27yo, ID  Di/Di Twins @34yo)
    Protein S Deficiency (Blood Clotting Disorder), MTHFR & VIT D issue 
    5 MC's:  Blighted Ovum-D&C @ 9wks;  Natural MC @ 7wks; Blighted Ovum-D&C @ 9wks; MC boy-D&C @ 9wks & Chem PG in 2019
    Tubes were tied after my Twins (and now I am old). Remarried and want to give my DH a baby!

IVF#1 OE June 2019 - ER 6/15/19, 24R, 21M, 20F, 7 6DBlasts Frozen for PGS Testing,
    RESULTS of PGS 4 abnormal girls,  2 abnormal boys, 1 indeterminate girl
    FET#1 OE August 23, 2019 (transferring 1 indeterminate girl & 1 abnormal boy) - BFN
    IVF#2 November 15, 2019 - ER 9R, 9M, 6F, 2 5dBlasts (fresh transfer) and 1 6DBlast frozen for PGS Testing,
    FRESH Transfer: November 20, 2019, 2 5-day blasts transferred!! 
    BFP 8dp5dt on 11/27 - 12/2 on FRER, BETA #1 12/2 - 11.93. BETA #2 12/4: 4.41 ~CHEMICAL PG
    ******************Starting Donor Process
    June 2020: Egg Donor Cycle and Fresh Transfer of 1 embryo in Czech Republic - CANCELLED DUE TO COVID19
    October 2020.  Split Cycle at UFC with a friend (Andrea) I met on the Bump who was also supposed to go to Prague too  
    DE Retrieval 9/26/2020, 26R, 24M, 12 split Cycle, 9 Fertilized + 1 "questionable", PRAYING FOR AT LEAST 5 BLASTS
    10/1/2020: 4 5DBlasts (AA, BB, BC, BC), 10/2/2020: 3 6DBlasts (BB, BB, BC) FOR A TOTAL OF: 7 BLASTS!! THANK YOU GOD!!
    PGS RESULTS: 5 NORMALS! DAY 5: AA BOY, BB GIRL, BC BOY / DAY 6: BB GIRL, BC GIRL
    DE FET October 29, 2020 - CANCELED DUE TO FLUID IN LINING
    DE FET November 16th, 2020 (transferring an PGS normal Hatching AA Boy)
  • Hi @jo8223! Welcome! Good luck with your transfer. I hope everything goes wonderfully for you. Do you have a date yet?

Hi @ladyp0tter. So sorry to hear that you have to wait longer for the big day.  It's good that you're waiting until everything is optimal. You worked hard for those embies! It deserves the very best chance. In the meantime just rest up and relax.

Update: Started stims today! Taking 300 Menopur (or at least the Japanese equivalent lol) and Provera. Trying not to stress and adjusting to my clinic's approach. They gave me a "random start" protocol and hope to collect between 7-12 eggs. After reading ladies talk about aiming for 15-20 eggs, I wasn't sure if this is conservative or not. Most other clinics in the area focus on the natural method and only try for one or two.

Has anyone else done random start or had a similar protocol? What was your experience like?
  • Hi everyone. Seems these days that FET pages are the ER/FET combo! TW mentioning DS & MC as part of my history. 

I’ve been a long time Bumpie - 2016 I had a successful IUI and have an August 2017 son. I’m actually still active with my BMB group on Facebook, PAIF on the Bump and the admin for the PAIF Bump Facebook group. 

Last year we did 5 IUIs with no luck so on to IVF. With COVID and the wait list for funding (I’m Canadian/Ontario) my time has finally come for ER in Nov so I hope it’s cool I join. I actually was notified of this July 1 and July 3 I got a BFP naturally which showed signs of a growth defect ended after a heartbeat. I took meds to start the miscarriage, had a few complications and now here I am. Currently have AF and so next AF is go time. 
    Me: 37 DH: 37 - Married 10.2015 ❤️ Canadian 
    DX: Endometriosis - Stage 4, DOR, RPL
    TTC #1 07.2015
    03.2016 - Natural BFP - MC 5w4d
    04.2016 - Natural BFP - Chemical
    10.2016 - IUI w/ Injections #1 = IUI Cancelled (cyst/no mature follicle)
    11.2016 - IUI w/ Injections #2 = BFP, EDD 08.2017 - It's a BOY!
    TTC #2 06.2019
    08.2019 - IUI w/ Injections #1 = Chemical
    09.2019 - IUI w/ Injections #2 = BFN
    10.2019 - IUI w/ Injections #3 = BFN
    01.2020 - IUI w/ Injections #4 = BFN
    08.2020 - Natural BFP - MC 9w5d
    11.2020 - IVF Retrieval - 3AB & 4BB
    05.2021 - FET #1 = BFP, EDD 02.2022 - It's a BOY!

• qtpie8711qtpie8711 member
    edited October 2020
    Hi @JWatt5. So sorry to hear that you've been through so much. It takes a real strength to push forward and remain positive. I wish you the very best for your November ER.

It's pretty cool that we have so many fascinating ladies living around the world. We now have US, Canada, and Japan represented. It'll be interesting to see if all of our protocols and procedures are similar.

You mentioned that you are doing the ER and freezing all due to COVID. Are they currently not doing FETs because of the virus?
  • @qtpie8711 - that is pretty cool we have different countries. A lot of the time I was the only odd one not from the US! 
    The clinic is doing transfers but there’s a wait list for it. Catching up the people we were already delayed and then with COVID protocols/distancing they can’t handle as many transfers. It’s about a 3 month wait for transfer. Which to be honest I’m ok with. Not getting younger so getting the eggs out ASAP is great but after my last MC I feel I need a bit more time emotionally before transfer. 
    TTC #1 07.2015
    TTC #2 06.2019

• Hey all, just curious to take an informal poll. When do you all stop drinking/ plan to stop drinking in prep for your transfers? I have seen so much mixed info out there about this, with some people saying to stop completely when TTC at all, and others obviously pointing out that many women drink in the first few weeks when they don't yet know they are pregnant. I want to completely maximize my odds and have cut it out the last two weeks, in prep for my transfer on Nov. 4th. but I am not sure if that's enough? necessary? I don't mind not drinking, but I also would like to have the option what with Halloween, the election, life.... going on at the moment.  Thoughts? Have your clinics provided you with info on this?  
  • Baseline #2 tomorrow since my first showed a small cyst...will hopefully start meds on Saturday for FET #5 on 11/12.
    My 1st Beta will be while on vacation in FL...my clinic said to go to LabCorp, but they don't get results back the same day...any suggestions on where I could get my beta done with results same day? A walk-in clinic?

@emilynoel810 for FETs I've had drinks up until the night before transfer. There are no studies that show cutting anything out helps with getting pregnant...in fact, they recommend you DONT make any drastic changes to your diet/lifestyle bc that stresses your body. 
    TTC #1 since 2017

IVF Journey:

Changed Clinics
    FET 3: 3/9/20, Beta #1, 37, Beta #2, 26, Beta #3 51 - Chemical pregnancy (transferred 2)

FET 4: 7/30/20, Beta 1:66    Beta 2: 110...Ectopic pregnancy @ 6 weeks with Male (transferred 1)
    FET 5: 11/18/20, Beta 1: 97 Beta 2: 384 Beta 3: 1010....Miscarriage @ 7 weeks with Female (transferred 1)
    FET 6.5: 7/28/21 - Beta 1: 21.5  Beta 2: 31.4   Beta 3:  28 - Chemical pregnancy, Female (transferred 1)
    FET 7: 12/8/21 - Beta 1: 9   Beta 2:        - Chemical pregnancy, Male+? (transferred 2)
  • Hey Ladies, 

I'm hoping to be joining you this month for a transfer. I'm waiting for my cycle to start to move forward. This will be my 1st FET.

@ashleyhj29 well wishes w/ your 2nd baseline- I have 2 very tiny fibroids myself so I'm hoping that's not a huge problem.  

@emilynoel810 glad to hear you have your FET protocol, gives you something to look forward to so hang in there. With regards to drinking, I'm sorta on the fence w/ this one b/c **TW** w/ my DD I know I partied the 1st 2 weeks of my pregnancy b/c I never knew I was pregnant. Once I found out I stopped all extra curriculum activities that could potentially hurt the baby and she is a healthy 19 year old today. 

@jo8223 sounds like we are both just waiting for our cycle to start. Congrats on having 2 good embryos, unfortunately I only one PGS tested embryo. 

@ladyp0tter sorry to hear your cycle was pushed back but glad to hear your RE has a protocol going forward. 

@qtpie8711 how are you doing w/ your stims? I had to do a random start b/c of my cancer my RE wanted to retrieve as many eggs as my body allowed. 

@JWatt5 sending many well wishes your way and its good you are moving forward. Stay strong. 

37F, DH36
    Low AMH, Mild Adenomyosis, Breast Cancer Survivor
    IVF#1 10/24/18 ER 15R, 10M, 7F, 2 BLAST, 1 D5: BB boy (PGT)
    FET#1 12/08/20 cancelled due to lining

FET#2 February 2021 BFN

IVF#2-4 2021 Antagonist Protocol cancelled, poor responder and high estrogen 

IVF#5 December 2021 Micro Dose Lupron Protocol, 7ER, 2M, 2F, 2BLAST, 2PGT, abnormal

IVF#6 January 2022 Micro Dose Lupron Protocol, cancelled, poor responder

• Good morning ladies! 

Baseline #2 went very well! My cyst is almost gone so I've started estrogen patches, Medrol, aspirin and have a lining check on 11/5 to hopefully transfer on 11/12! 
    Has anyone ever used patches before? I had a hard time getting them to stick to my abdomen. I play tennis and was sweaty and they were coming off...any advice? Someone suggested medical tape?

@msldyc23 welcome to the group! good luck with your transfer! do you have a date yet?
    TTC #1 since 2017

IVF Journey:

Changed Clinics

• @ashleyhj29 that’s great news, everything is moving along as planned for you. Not sure about the patches- medical tape seems the most logical. I have patches to take as well so let us know how you were able to keep them up.

AFM, unfortunately my period has yet to start. It should have started last week. I am scheduled to come in for a baseline and ultrasound Wednesday. 
    This month may not be my month. My cycle is always on time but for some reason this month it’s delayed.
    37F, DH36

FET#2 February 2021 BFN

IVF#5 December 2021 Micro Dose Lupron Protocol, 7ER, 2M, 2F, 2BLAST, 2PGT, abnormal

• Hi all! Had my pre-FET lining check this morning. All on track for starting PIO shots today and transferring on 11/4! My stomach has been in knots all week and I woke up really anxious this morning but my RE nurse was so calming and encouraging, as usual.

@ashleyhj29 I have not done the estrogen patches - I wish I did as apparently they have fewer side effects than the pills, but insurance won't cover for me.  Just curious, does your clinic always do patches or did you try pills first? 
  • @emilynoel810 congrats on your check, let us know how you do w/ the PIO shots. 

AFM, 

I went in for an US and baseline and they really couldn't explain why I haven't gotten a cycle b/c my lining and bloodwork indicated I have had one..... How weird is that? They also said they want me to come in Monday for a SIS b/c they see a potential trouble spot they want to check before the transfer.

On a brighter note I have officially been given my medz calendar to start Saturday & a tentative transfer day of 11/17. I will continue on Leuprolide, and start Estrace Estradiol, Estrogen Patch, Baby Aspirin, PIO, Medrol... then Prometrium & Endometrin.

37F, DH36

FET#2 February 2021 BFN

• Hi friends! I know this is a frozen embryo transfer group, but wondering if there’s room for someone doing a fresh embryo transfer? Is that a thing? I’m new to the boards - so please forgive me as I’m still learning all the rules and acronyms! Been trying for 3 years, 2 failed IUIs and on my first round of IVF with ICSI. My transfer should be within the next 2 weeks (we will freeze any embryos that hopefully come from this round). Has anyone had experience with ICSI? Looking forward to getting to know you all and hearing about your unique journeys 💕 
  • @emilynoel810 I was “googling” all day about drinking during IVF. On top of just needing a drink for sanity purposes, I’m dreading the “why aren’t you drinking” question from everyone. I’ve decided to just avoid all social gatherings for the next 2-3 weeks 😆 I’m not sure that’s the best solution but it’s what I came up with for now.
  • @kam174 welcome, this is such an exciting time. I’m hoping I also can move forward with my transfer in two weeks. How are you feeling? I’m nervous about all the medz I have to start today. Not looking forward to the side effects I heard about 😩 🥴

37F, DH36

FET#2 February 2021 BFN

• @kam175 I’m doing an IVF retrieval at some point this month and we’ll doing ICSI to help with fertilization. We don’t have male factor but it’s covered. We can’t do a fresh transfer though - just freeze all because of COVID. 

I’m likely two weeks away from CD1. Starting to get nervous about it all. This is the last shot.
    TTC #1 07.2015
    TTC #2 06.2019

• @msldyc23 thank you! I was also super nervous about the injections but I’m finding them not bad at all! I’m on Menopur and Gonal F - haven’t had any side effects from them. I just added in Cetrotide which is the worst one only because I’m having a bit of a skin reaction to it (redness, bumps and itching at the injection site). Doctor said to power through since it’s just an injection site reaction. Hope the meds go smoothly for you! 

@JWatt5 interesting about freezing due to Covid. I’m in New York where we had such a terrible spread but as far as I know they’re still doing fresh transfers. I’ve heard good things about ICSI! Fingers crossed for you 💜

• @kam174 - yah I’m in Ontario Canada. With COVID protocol and waiting get transfers missed while closed for 4 months there’s a bit of a wait. We’re in a second wave with 800-1000 cases a day at the moment so I wasn’t sure if my retrieval would still go ahead or not but it’s mostly only in the GTA so I’m still moving forward with a retrieval. It’ll also help my body:mind calm down and have a fresh start for transfer. 
    TTC #1 07.2015
    TTC #2 06.2019

• How is everyone doing?! I had my 2nd sono yesterday after starting IVF injections and we have about 16 follicles, which is exciting! Hoping they all contain viable eggs and this just magically works on the first try! (Wishful / hopeful thinking lol) My whole “avoid social gatherings” idea isn’t working great - we are seeing a few friends on Saturday and I’m dying for a stiff drink. Everything I search says booze is a bad idea though 😞 Will have to make some virgin drinks to hold me over I guess. We’ve been fairly private about our fertility issues. I told a close friend that recently went through IVF, and we have a friend that’s a doctor who has been very supportive and helpful (she gave us a best practices for injection lesson on our first day lol). What is everyone else doing? Are you very private about what you’re going through? Or do family / friends know the details? 
  • @kam174 glad to hear your doing well and w/ the medication. 16 follicles are great numbers, I don't recall having even that many. When do you trigger? Im holding on to hope that it works the first try for many of us 1st timers. And I totally know how you feel about the "avoiding social gatherings", that will try and be my plan after this weekend, heck it actually is my plan every weekend since I started FET but life just keep happening  :# As far as privacy with the fertility, I've told a few close family & friends but not in detail. I wish I knew someone who have gone thru a successful IVF to chat up. 

AFM
    I'm feeling exhausted....I went in last week for an US and Baseline, they recommended I have a SIS US which was yesterday. Unfortunately the doctor discovered some Polyps that need to be removed before proceeding w/ FET, so now I have a hysteroscopy scheduled for next week. and have stopped all medications but the Leuprolide. I go Friday for covid testing and pre-op. My guess is after I heal from the surgery I will proceed w/ a transfer which may be next month  :'(

37F, DH36

FET#2 February 2021 BFN

• @msldyc23 I have another sono tomorrow morning. Hoping all looks good and we will trigger tomorrow evening - and then retrieval on Friday! I had the same situation as you - had to have a polyp removed prior to the IVF start and so I also went through the hysteroscopy. Let me know if you have any questions. My doctor said “I would hate to put a perfect embryo into an imperfect uterus,” so that made a lot of sense to me as to why something like a tiny polyp would need to be removed. I didn’t find the procedure that bad - a little bleeding afterwards, and some minor cramps. Mostly I was just exhausted from the anesthesia that day/evening. They said the retrieval process will be extremely similar so I’m kind of glad I got to experience it - at least now I know what to expect. Hope you have a similar, easy experience with it! 
  • Lurking here :)

@emilynoel810, I was always told to stop drinking as soon as I start taking any fertility meds, and even better not drinking for a few months prior (so that the body isn't shocked by a sudden change).
    However, I drunk (very limited amounts) with both of my IVFs till a few days before retrieval. And out of my 3 transfers, the 2 where I drunk till the day before transfer were my successful ones  :D
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    My story in signature spoiler. Children mentioned.
    Me: 37 DH: 45
    I don't produce FSH, so no natural menstrual cycle. DH has reduced morphology.
    Summer 2014 IUI (with first husband): cancelled after almost a month of stims due to too many follicles
    Time off to divorce, get back on my feet, find a new hubby and get married again 💑
    March 2017 IVF#1: ~70 follicles, 13R, 10M, 7F, 3B = 2 PGS Normal (both XY) - no transfer due to ohss
    Sept 2017 FET#1: BFP, Beta#1 (10dpt) - 253, Beta#2 (12dpt) - 528, DS born 05/31/2018 👨‍👩‍👦
    Dec 2019 FET#2: BFN
    Changed clinic, planning March 2020 IVF#2 - postponed due to the pandemic
    April 2020 IVF #2: ~30 follicles, 24R, 12M, 8F, 4B = 2XY & 2XX, all normal  <3
    Sept 2020 FET#3: one XX embryo, BFP, Beta#1 (9dpt) - 161, Beta#2 (11dpt) - 519, Beta#3 (19dpt) - 7174, Due date 05/30/2021
    DD born 05/23/2021 👨‍👩‍👧‍👦 - My family is now complete <3
  • @kam174 that's exciting, tomorrow sono will go well & Friday will be here before you know it. Will you be PGS testing on your embryos? 
    And yes please feel me in on all you can recall w/ the hysteroscopy  :) 
    Did you have to do anything to prepare for it? How soon after your procedure did you have to wait to start IVF? Was your bleeding light? I didn't even get a period last month so I am dreading any bleeding. Good to know its similar to the retrieval, as I don't recall having much pain other then the cramping. 
    37F, DH36

FET#2 February 2021 BFN

• @kam174 - my clinic suggests not or at least very little. I’ll still have a glass of wine here or there but that’ll be it. I did the same with my IUI with DS and it was fine. 
    I’m very open about my process. My boss knows, people at work, friends and family. It take a lot of pressure off of me especially at work to have people know why I maybe away or even moody lol. I just got a promotion from HR Generalist to HR Manager so I’m a bit nervous about the juggle this time around but with my boss knowing I’ll manage. 

I’m still probably 2 weeks from starting stims. I’m getting excited/nervous! This is our last attempt so I’m pretty afraid of failure but I’m trying to be positive. 
    TTC #1 07.2015
    TTC #2 06.2019

• @msldyc23Not doing any testing, which I’m nervous about, but it’s crazy expensive! I guess if we had conceived naturally we wouldn’t be able to do any testing - so I’m trying to think of it that way. Noting to prepare for the hysteroscopy, other than no eating / drinking after midnight the night before because of anesthesia. I actually had the procedure on a Tuesday, and by Friday’s checkup the doctor said she felt we could roll right into IVF. It was definitely light bleeding and only for the first day or 2. A few pads would be helpful! I only had tampons in the house and had to have my husband drive me to the store that evening after the procedure - didn’t trust that he would know how to pick out pads lol 

@FuzzyDust glad to hear the drinking worked out well for you!! 😆 maybe it’s the secret to success 🍷

@JWatt5 sounds like you have a great support system! That’s very lucky. 
  • @kam174 How did your appointment go today? and I agree it all can get rather expensive.
     Thanks a ton for the info on the hysteroscopy- that helped me out a lot. 

@JWatt5 congrats on your promotion and well wishes w/ the stims. 

37F, DH36

FET#2 February 2021 BFN

• Hi all, had my FET yesterday! We used a 5AA genetically normal embryo and with an extra day of progesterone thanks to the ERA. Yesterday I felt so zen but today my anxiety is starting to rise.  On Halloween my husband and I were remembering that a year ago on Halloween we both weren't drinking as we were in the midst of TTC naturally, and had been for about 6 months at that time.  Really starts to hit home how long this road has been when you think about it like that, and I know for many people it is much longer.  Right now my plan is to hold off and not test until my Beta on 11/16 but I could very easily fold by next weekend...
  • ashleyhj29ashleyhj29 member
    edited November 2020
    I went in for Baseline #2 today and lining is only at 6.8mm so I'm waiting on the call for next steps. While on BCP my lining was 8.3mm, then had a bleed and started estrace...shocking how it can go down so much and take so long to recover. 
    I will likely have my 11/12 FET pushed out a few days to get my lining up...so frustrated bc this happens EVERY TIME. And my protocol is almost always the same :neutral: I wish they'd put me on a stronger estrogen dosage so I could get my lining to where it should be without having to postpone. 
    IVF = Patience 

@emilynoel810 fingers crossed for you!

TTC #1 since 2017

IVF Journey:

Changed Clinics

• @jwatt5 - congrats on promotion!! I am an HR Manager too!! been in HR since 1999. 

@ashleyhj29 - as for a walk in clinic, I did that last time and they made me pay for a "dr appointment" AND the blood draw. THEN...it took 5 DAYS to get results. WONT be doing that again. I am going to try to go to the Quest location that my old RE uses. My clinic is out of state now so I will not be flying there for a blood draw. 

AFM: I will be doing my second ultrasound for lining check on Monday the 9th. So nervous after the fluid last time, but based on some recommendations, I started taking mucinex and I am also avoiding Dairy and Red Meat. Hopefully this helps keep the inflamation down in my body to NOT create more mucous. WE SHALL SEE!! If all goes well, my transfer will be Nov 16th, the following Monday.
    5 MC's:  Blighted Ovum-D&C @ 9wks;  Natural MC @ 7wks; Blighted Ovum-D&C @ 9wks; MC boy-D&C @ 9wks & Chem PG in 2019
    Tubes were tied after my Twins (and now I am old). Remarried and want to give my DH a baby!

IVF#1 OE June 2019 - ER 6/15/19, 24R, 21M, 20F, 7 6DBlasts Frozen for PGS Testing,
    FET#1 OE August 23, 2019 (transferring 1 indeterminate girl & 1 abnormal boy) - BFN
    IVF#2 November 15, 2019 - ER 9R, 9M, 6F, 2 5dBlasts (fresh transfer) and 1 6DBlast frozen for PGS Testing,
    BFP 8dp5dt on 11/27 - 12/2 on FRER, BETA #1 12/2 - 11.93. BETA #2 12/4: 4.41 ~CHEMICAL PG
    June 2020: Egg Donor Cycle and Fresh Transfer of 1 embryo in Czech Republic - CANCELLED DUE TO COVID19
    October 2020.  Split Cycle at UFC with a friend (Andrea) I met on the Bump who was also supposed to go to Prague too  
    DE Retrieval 9/26/2020, 26R, 24M, 12 split Cycle, 9 Fertilized + 1 "questionable", PRAYING FOR AT LEAST 5 BLASTS
    10/1/2020: 4 5DBlasts (AA, BB, BC, BC), 10/2/2020: 3 6DBlasts (BB, BB, BC) FOR A TOTAL OF: 7 BLASTS!! THANK YOU GOD!!
    PGS RESULTS: 5 NORMALS! DAY 5: AA BOY, BB GIRL, BC BOY / DAY 6: BB GIRL, BC GIRL
  • @ladyp0tter I have another lining check on 11/9 as well and tentative transfer on 11/16!!!!!!!
    TTC #1 since 2017

IVF Journey:

Changed Clinics

• @ashleyhj29 - wow! Twinsies for us! Good luck to you!! 

• How is everyone doing? I had my retrieval yesterday morning and we got 13 eggs. Found out today 11 matured and 6 fertilized. So we have 6 little embryos in an incubator waiting to (hopefully!) be transferred on Wednesday! I asked my doctor if she would feel comfortable transferring 2 instead of just 1. I am ok with the possibility of twins and would rather two babies than none 😞 Waiting on a response from her about that. Even though I feel like this whole process has been moving swiftly, Wednesday can’t come fast enough. I started my estrogen and progesterone yesterday and I’m already super sad and emotional 😭 My friend that went through IVF said her doctor had her on bed rest for 3 days after her transfer! 😳 My doctor hasn’t mentioned that, and in Googling I read that’s not really best practice. But it worked well for her - she’s had 2 successful pregnancies. Anyone have experience with a transfer that required bed rest after?  
  • Hey everyone! It was wonderful catching up reading all of your progress. Stims and egg retrieval had me down for the count. My body is a paradox. It responded well in the end but broke down like it had something to prove during the process. There's a freaking novel written below so start at your own risk.

Stims
    Started stims during the first day of my period. Not a big deal. Period is still there by day six and I'm thinking that's odd. TMI Warning ****Day 8 heralds in the worst period pain and flow of my life. I bleed through a Super tampon, a maxi pad, and my clothes every 45 minutes. This lasts for two days and I 'm convinced there's a cursed object hidden somewhere in my apartment.**   Triggered on Day 10 and it finally slows.
    ER
    Egg retrieval day on day 12. Happy that the curse has lifted and I'm nervous but excited. Hop onto the clinic bed and receive the anesthesia. The nurse says to close my eyes and I will go to sleep. I close my eyes....nothing happens. Can't open my eyes fully, but I'm about 70% aware and can definitely feel the pain. I tough it out and make it to the recovery room where a nurse soon comes in and tells me they need to do emergency ICSI on our eggs cause conventional IVF isn't working. I may have signed the consent form Beyonce Queen of R&B at this point. Sure lady take my money just let me enjoy the pain meds.  I finally stumble to the lobby where my husband tries to take me home, but my body decides that I haven't been embarrassed in public yet. I barely make it to the bathroom before I throw up everywhere and have to hit the emergency button on the wall before I pass out.
    Recovery
    A few days into recovery and I'm apologizing to my husband for how overdramatic my body has decided to be during this whole process. My body decides it doesn't like my comments. AT ALL. The minor bloating and cramps I've had since the egg retrieval increase daily until I need to call off work and go to the clinic AGAIN.  The doctor can't stop laughing during the ultrasound. I'm so constipated that she can tell from my uterus. I can barely walk. 2 over the counter laxatives, Miralax, and an enema fail later and my husband hands me these two tiny pink pills that he was prescribed in March.  They work. They work so intensely that my husband is convinced that they sped up the entire IVF process and I'm already giving birth in the bathroom.

I tell myself that I'm done. Some people are strong enough for this, and I'm obviously not. Then the Day 5 Embryo report comes in.

11 eggs collected
    9 Mature
    7 fertilized
    5 Blastocysts!!!!!!
    1 exhausted lady

So happy that I can barely speak now and the memory of the pain is fading so fast that I had to write it down. Would do it again in a heartbeat. Hopefully my little one's. 

• @qtpie8711 Wow! I’m so sorry your retrieval was such a roller coaster 😟 but glad it was worth it in the end! Did you already transfer? Hope that process at least goes smoothly for you after all of that! ☺️