June 2021 Moms
Options

STM+ Check-in 10/26

How far along are you?

How many kids do you already have? Ages?

How are your other kids doing this week?

Rants/Raves:

Concerns/Questions:

GTKY: What's your favorite family-friendly Halloween movie?

Re: STM+ Check-in 10/26

• Options

How far along are you?   4w5d

How many kids do you already have? Ages? 2 boys - almost 4 and 2

How are your other kids doing this week?   The 2 year old just turned 2, and he’s been really insane lately. My older kid was way more chill at 2. It’s been an adjustment for sure. My older kid has been doing ok. We’re trying to homeschool a bit and it’s just super difficult to do while wrangling the little guy and keeping up with all the other crap I have to do. 

Rants/Raves: It’s finally starting to get cooler here, thank god. But it IS California, so it’s not cold. I’m pretty tired of the heat, and I wish we had actual seasons. 

Concerns/Questions: none

GTKY: What's your favorite family-friendly Halloween movie?  The Nightmare Before Christmas. My kids are obsessed. My older kid is going to be Jack this year, and the little guy will be Zero, which is what his older brother was last year. Yay for recycling. 

• Options

How far along are you? 5 ish weeks

How many kids do you already have? Ages? 1 just turned 1

How are your other kids doing this week? Great! My LO finally started walking. He had been taking small steps for a while but finally has the hang out it.

Rants/Raves: LO walking is my rave. My rant is that I moved my US to a week later and now I so deeply regret it 

GTKY: What's your favorite family-friendly Halloween movie? I like binging all the HP movies 

@Lisa3379 I’m in CA too and I have become such a wimp when it goes below 70 haha. It rained for the first time in 6 months yesterday where I live. Very fall like. 

• Loading the player...
  • Options

How far along are you?
    7 weeks :smile:

How many kids do you already have? Ages?

3 girls: 9yo, 7yo, 3.5yo

They're doing okay; my nausea and fatigue is really messing with a lot. We did our yearly trip to the corn maze yesterday and I had to tap out early. They wanted me to make their costumes and they are no where near done and I can tell they're worried.

Rants/Raves:

I am a Christmas weirdo. My house usually looks like Santa's workshop for the month of December, I put up 7 Christmas trees, everything gets a bow, every thing is Christmas-y. I don't think I will have the energy this year and I am really really bummed.

We love the Little Vampire, with Jonathan Lipnicki (sp?) it is really cute!

Married <3 August 2010
    DD1  <3 August 2011
    DD2 <3 August 2013
    DD3 <3 February 2017
  • Options

How far along are you? 5+5

How many kids do you already have? Ages? DD1 (3y) DD2 (9m)

How are your other kids doing this week? DD2 is already starting to stand by herself and I'm trying to coax a step out of her! Her sister walked a week before she turned 10 months, but I was hoping this one would be a little slower. 

Rants/Raves: Rant: Another hurricane is headed our way. Thanks 2020! I need to go check our supplies again, but I think we are good on gas and most stuff.

Concerns/Questions: 

GTKY: What's your favorite family-friendly Halloween movie? We don't have one yet, which is why I asked. Hocus Pocus and Nightmare before Christmas are still a little scary, but they will watch Mickey Mouse's Halloween episode.

@Lisa3379 - We are still getting into the 80s every afternoon, but the mornings are cooler, so it's nice. I'm glad you're finally getting fall.

@mc0303 - Yay for LO walking! That's such a fun milestone.

@disgruntled_pelican - It's so hard to disappoint your kids when you are doing everything you can to just push through. Can you buy anything for the costumes to make it easier on you?

• Options
    How far along are you? 8+1

How many kids do you already have? Ages? 1 DS, 3

He's overall fine. Thankfully he goes to preschool out of the house so I am able to work in quiet. 

Rants/Raves: I'm having trouble focusing at work, as all I want to do is get on a plane and be somewhere else. The travel bug bites hard, but can't go anywhere due to covid. 

I enjoy Hocus Pocus but don't think he is ready for it. Quick shows is all he is able to sit through. He would rather play or read. Very few movies have been watched with him. 
  • Options

How far along are you? 5+2

How many kids do you already have? Ages? DS (2)

How are your other kids doing this week? Great.  He is in this adorable phase right now where he sings all day and the words are hilarious.  It's too cute.  Yesterday he was mashing up Happy Birthday and the ABC's "Happy Birthday TUV..."  

Rants/Raves:  I have hemorrhoids. It's awful. 

Concerns/Questions:

GTKY: What's your favorite family-friendly Halloween movie?  I don't think I have one.  And maybe this belongs on the confessions thread but I've never seen Hocus Pocus!  We will watch The Great Pumpkin later this week if I can figure out Apple+. 

History and blog link in spoiler
    2016 - dx with super low ovarian reserve; failed cycle with clomid, failed IUI, 
    2017 - egg retrieval #1 - 3 eggs, 0 embryos appropriate for transfer; ER #2 2 eggs, 0 embryos on day 3; ER #3 1 egg 0 embryos
    moved to donor egg in summer 2017; 35 eggs retrieved; 19 fertilized; 9 total embryos
    Fresh transfer Dec 2017= BFP!  baby boy born 8/22/18

May 2019 - surprise natural pregnancy ended in MC
    Nov 2019 FET; MC at 9 weeks
    May 2020 FET; BFN
    July 2020 FET; CP treated with methotrexate
    Oct 2020 BFP! 

Take a look at my blog

• Options
    How far along are you? 5+2
    How many kids do you already have? Ages? 2 kids, 6yo + 2yo
    How are your other kids doing this week? They're super stir crazy between the pandemic and now snow. I can't wait to get us all out of the house for a bit again.
    Rants/Raves: Raves: My ObGyn and I seem to have found a combination of meds that's working well for my hyperemesis (for now). Fingers crossed it keeps working! I'm really excited to see this little bean on Thursday!! Rants: It is so hard to fight through this fatigue to get my grad school work and my 6yo's homeschooling done. I'm super thankful for understanding professors but I'm exhausted.
    Concerns/Questions: NATM
    GTKY: What's your favorite family-friendly Halloween movie? Beetlejuice
    TTC History- *TW* LC
    Me: 24 Dh: 46
    Married: 10.2018
    DS #1: 06.2014
    Hyperemesis Gravidarum (HG), Emergency C-Section
    MC: 03.2017- 5 Weeks
    Rainbow DS #2: 07.2018
    HG, 19w Fetal Surgery, 24w PPROM, 33w Placental Abruption, Partial Uterine Rupture, Emergency C-Section
    NICU, Chronic Kidney Disease
    TTC #3: Medically Cleared 12.5.2019, had a bunch of problems and wonky cycles
    BFP 10.13.2020 EDD: 6.26.2021

October 2020 TTGP Signature Challenge: Pets in Costumes

• Options

How far along are you? 7+2

How many kids do you already have? Ages? DD 2.5 (Feb18)

How are your other kids doing this week? She is good. We wobble between big meltdowns and astonishing us with new things she is learning and achieving. Keeps us on our toes. 

Rants/Raves: I need to find my focus again. I got some housework done this weekend, but for the most part it is still desperately needing a good clean and I need to catch up at work. 

Concerns/Questions: Just the usual PGAL fears for me. I will feel better after our appointment in 52 hours (not that I am counting?). 

GTKY: What's your favorite family-friendly Halloween movie? I don't know that I have one. We have watched a lot of Disney episodes about Halloween, but not a lot of movies. We tried watching Goosebumps, but didn't get very far into it until DD asked to change it. Confession: I have never watched Nightmare before Christmas all the way through. 

@lisa3379 and @mc0303 We are in CA too! Yes it got cold! I am kind of loving it. 

@tilournextadventure I have such cabin fever. I have been researching a road trip across country. 

@marebear15 Stay safe with the hurricane! 

@laurad75 Ouch! 

@ashaislurking I am so ready to be past the exhausted phase! Yay for finding a med combo that is working!

• Options

How far along are you? 5 + 6

How many kids do you already have? Ages? DS1 is 3.5 and DS2 is 20 months. 

How are your other kids doing this week? DS2 is in a mood. Everything is causing him to sob uncontrollably.

Rants/Raves: I’ve been planning a fun little Halloween party....nothing big just my parents and DS1’s best friend and his parents and I don’t think I can pull it off with how sick I’ve been. I was already far behind on making the decorations because our costumes took longer than I expected. I am trying not to catastrophize but it’s definitely not going to be as all out as I had hoped. 

Concerns/Questions: Nope 

GTKY: What's your favorite family-friendly Halloween movie? My kids are still so little, they can’t see much. I’m planning on showing them the Mickey Halloween episode this week. 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options

How far along are you? 8+3

How many kids do you already have? Ages? DS - just turned 2! 

How are your other kids doing this week? Two year molars are rough, man. Bottom two have just started to break the surface, but in the meantime he’s feeling all the feels. 

Rants/Raves: Rave - DS now tells DH to go up and make me tea in the morning. It’s adorable, and I get tea in bed on the regular 🥰 

Rant - had my first “so I’m not asking but I’m letting you know that others are” from the other mom in our nanny share. Apparently someone saw the double stroller (that we bought for the nanny share) in the background of a call and started asking through the grapevine. I see like, 3 other people in person. It feels way too early for this! 

Concerns/Questions: not right now

GTKY: What's your favorite family-friendly Halloween movie? Nightmare Before Christmas, definitely! 

• Options
    @disgruntled_pelican your Christmas setup sounds amazing! Can you make it a fun thing for your older kiddos to help set up so you font have to do it all? 

@tilournextadventure I feel you on the travel bug! Hoping next summer is safer for travel! 
  • Options

How far along are you? 8w 2d (which is pretty cool because before my sono yesterday, I thought I was just 8 weeks today. 

How many kids do you already have? Ages? 3 sweetheart little boys! My oldest will be 9 in early December, my middle just turned 5, and my youngest is 3.5

How are your other kids doing this week? Great! They are excited for Halloween this weekend. We decided no TOT’ing so we are doing a bunch of games, activities and prizes at home. It’s going to be a fun but exhausting day. We are heading to great Wolf lodge on Sunday to celebrate my oldest and middle boys bdays. I’m a tad nervous (thanks covid), but we figure we can keep our distance from people in the water and we won’t attend any activities and restaurants in the hotel. So hopefully we have a good, social distance time!

Rants/Raves: just thrilled that my first u/s went well yesterday. Being 41 yrs old, I was petrified going into it. I just really want to get past the 13 weeks mark and also get to my NIPT testing. 

Concerns/Questions: not at the moment!

GTKY: What's your favorite family-friendly Halloween movie? Nightmare Before Christmas! It’s the BEST! I actually never saw it until maybe 5 years ago and I told my husband “I’ve been missing this all these years?!” Lol

Trying to Conceive TickerMe: 41 DH: 42
    💙 DS1- 12/2011
    CP - March 2014
    MMC - Sept 2014
    💙DS2 - 10/2015
    💙DS3 - 5/2017
    💖DD due June 6, 2021
  • Options

How far along are you? 8+6

How many kids do you already have? Ages? 1 daughter, she is 2

How are your other kids doing this week? It is spirit week at daycare so I am having to really hype up whatever she is supposed to wear each day since she normally gets to pick what shirt she wears. 

Rants/Raves: natm

Concerns/Questions: natm 

GTKY: What's your favorite family-friendly Halloween movie? I love hocus pocus but my little isn’t old enough. I have never seen nightmare before Christmas, but after seeing how many of you like it I think I’ll try to watch it this week. 

• Options
    _orchid__orchid_ member
    edited October 2020
    @Lisa3379 those are great Halloween costumes!!
    @mc0303 yay for walking! Is he starting to try to go fast yet? 
    @disgruntled_pelican wow 7 trees!! I'd say so the best you can this year and don't feel guilty- next year you won't be feeling like this and will be able to do more! 
    @marebear15 I hope you guys don't get the hurricane too badly! It's been crazy how many the Gulf Coast got this year
    @tilournextadventure I've got the travel bug badly too, I can't wait to plan a trip. I think it would help if I knew when I could plan a trip for- like if it's 2 years I can deal with it if I have a deadline for this! 
    @laurad75 I loooove little kid singing!! It's seriously the best!!
    @ashaislurking yay I'm glad you're on a good combo of meds! Have you watched beetlejuice with your 6 yo? I love that one but my 7 is very sensitive and I don't think he could handle that yet, but I really can't wait!!
    @ramzlau you should watch nightmare before christmas stat!! I hope your appointment tomorrow goes well, can't wait to see your update about baby ramz! ♥️
    @Omie_Wise did you make the costumes for your family? I'm impressed! I hope ds2 was less emotional today
    @halfanewt teeth are the worst!! 2 yo molars are rough but the bright side is by the time more teeth come in DS will be able to tell you if they hurt!! 
    @mamakate2011 glad your us yesterday went well! We are planning something similar for Halloween- it will be exhausting but I think they'll have fun! 
    @klj0228 that's fun that DDs daycare does spirit week! DS2 is very opinionated about his clothing and would have a hard time following a schedule too lol
  • Options
    @_orchid_ yes! He’s zooming all over the place now. And he finally got a hang of drinking out of a straw so I’m like “wow, you turn 1 and suddenly you’re walking and drinking out of straws. Excuse meeee”
  • Options

How far along are you? 4+6

How many kids do you already have? Ages? 2 DS, 7 and 3.5

How are your other kids doing this week? Ok! We're in a good grove right now with virtual school/work/and daycare. They're excited about Halloween. We made monster cookies the other day-  colored sugar cookies with upside down white chocolate chips like eyeballs and then mini chocolate chips in the white to be like pupils. 

Rants/Raves: best part of virtual teaching is that I'm dressing down a lot more and it's so comfy to be able to work in leggings! Symptoms are starting to ramp up which gives me some relief that things are going well but also make it tough to get through the day. I have an us tomorrow so I'm looking forward to seeing what's going on in there. 

Concerns/Questions:

GTKY: What's your favorite family-friendly Halloween movie? We watched casper last week which went over well! Theres a show on Prime based on the book "if you give a mouse a cookie" that has Halloween episodes that my kids like a lot- they're quick and cute. And The Great Pumpkin of course! 

• Options
    @laurad75 - I love the singing phase! The words are so funny!

@ashaislurking - What meds are you on right now? I'm glad that something is working for you!

@ramzlau - Nightmare before Christmas is just a little too out there for me. But DD1 loves it! Or at least did until she started having nightmares and I couldn't let her watch it anymore.

@_orchid_ - I've never seen The Great Pumpkin, even though I know it's classic. I feel like I need to watch it this year..
  • Options
    @kristah2 congrats on the position!! That is great timing!
  • Options
    @_orchid_ Thanks! This year it’s more of curating. We are doing Good Night Gorilla. What took a long time is I decided to make paper animal masks with my cricut but I ended up having to make the vector images myself and I don’t know how to use illustrator so that was a whole big learning curve: 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options

How far along are you?: 7+5

How many kids do you already have? Ages? One DD, she’s 2.5 

How are your other kids doing this week?: very into the Madeline books. She also decided to give up breastfeeding all on her own a week ago! I was shocked since she’s very stubborn otherwise, but we just do a billion songs and back rubs at bedtime instead :smile:

Rants/Raves: I really want to tell people IRL so it will feel real, but I’d also like to wait until the first US on 11/12  Part of me thought STM symptoms would be stronger? I’m fine if they’re mild, provided everything’s fine...

Concerns/Questions: any tips on dealing with sciatica? With DD I went to the chiropractor, but I’m nervous to go because of Covid  

GTKY: What's your favorite family-friendly Halloween movie?: I also love Hocus Pocus! Though it’s been awhile, I hope it’s held up over time...

• Options

How far along are you? 6+4

How many kids do you already have? Ages? DD is (almost) 18 months

How are your other kids doing this week? She is doing well, occasionally cranky but I think she has some new teeth coming in.

Rants/Raves: I’m excited for Halloween tomorrow. We aren’t going anywhere but it will be fun to dress DD up and take pics. And it is snowing here today. We woke up to a dusting but I think it might snow for much of the day.

Concerns/Questions: what are your favorite indoor toddler activities? 

GTKY: What's your favorite family-friendly Halloween movie? Hocus Pocus!

@disgruntled_pelican I really want to put my Christmas tree up, like now. We just bought one of those Balsam hills trees and I can’t wait to put it up.

@laurad75 you have to watch hocus pocus!

Me: 38, DH: 37
    Married: 8/10/13
    BFP- 12/18/15, D&E- 4/8/16 @ 21w5d- confirmed Thanatophoric Dysplasia
    BFP- 11/7/17, M/C- 11/18/17 @ 4w6d
    BFP- 8/25/18 ~ EDD- 5/9/19 ~ DD born 5/2/20 *Lillian Hazel*
    BFP- 10/9/20 ~ EDD- 6/21/21

• Options

How far along are you?: 5+2

How many kids do you already have? Ages? We have a daughter who is 5 (September 2015) and a son who is 2.5 (February 2018).

How are your other kids doing this week?: Doing great! My daughter and I had to go out of town for a funeral this week and just got back last night so we’re spending the day at home relaxing and playing with my son. 

Rants/Raves: I'm so impatient waiting for my first appointment and ultrasound. Lol. I just want to make it all official and see the baby. Once I hear the heartbeat I’ll feel much better.

Concerns/Questions: This will be my third c-section. Any other mamas going to have their third?

GTKY: What's your favorite family-friendly Halloween movie?: We love It’s the Great Pumpkin Charlie Brown. We watch it every year! We’re actually taking the kids to a Halloween movie night tonight at church and they get to wear their costumes. They’re super excited.

Anniversary
    TTC #1 Since April 2014
    Me: 27 | DH: 31
    08/2006 - Laparoscopy/Stage 1 Endo
    10/2014 - Bloodwork normal, HSG all clear
    10/2014 - DH's SA 15mil/mL, 35% motility, 6% morphology
    BFP #1: 12/29/14 | EDD: 9/9/15

• Options
    @hollyk224 this is going to be my 3rd!
    my first was breech. My second I wanted a VBAC but didn’t go in labour on my own by 40 weeks so they wanted a section so now I’ll have my 3rd. I’m a little nervous about the recovery since I found the last one a little harder. 
  • Options
    @llamamamawearspajamapants I was going to chiro earlier this year (during the shutdown). My chiro's office was always super clean and well managed. I do not have concerns about going to her during Covid. Other than that for sciatica pain I would say stretch, roll (IT band and glutes especially), and do exercises (there is a bunch online) a few times a day. I will probably go back to PT in a few weeks to keep my back pain manageable through this pregnancy. 
  • Options
    @llamamamawearspajamapants I will echo what @ramzlau said and add two tiny things. Ask your chiro if they are experienced with Kinsey tape- that may add further therapeutic effects, my chiro used it once and my adjustment felt like it “lasted” longer, if that makes sense. Also! Perhaps a pelvic support belt. It’s more for pelvic pain from what I understand but all those joints are connected and more support can’t hurt. And if you’re prone to sciatica you may be prone to SPD and thank yourself later :)
    Married <3 August 2010
    DD1  <3 August 2011
    DD2 <3 August 2013
    DD3 <3 February 2017
  • Options
    @MelissaMay82 we’re pretty into Picasso tiles - you can reinforce colors and shapes. Plus, they’re fun for adults :lol: DH and DD will build giant towers together